• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harber at Bentonville

Started by Razorback Red, September 21, 2018, 10:15:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Didn't have a thread for this game, so I'll start one with my game recap.  Final was BHS 44, Harber 8

Really wet first half and HB hurt themselves with mental mistakes to dig a 30-0 1st half hole.  I would guess (hopefully someone has final stats) that HB had over 100 penalty yards, which is not typical of a Harber team.  BHS D was solid all night, I think HB had one first down at the half. 

Neither team threw the ball much in the conditions, so I was finally impressed that BHS committed to the run.  Seemed like BHS played the entire game on the HB side of the field. 

Not really sure what to make of this one.  HB is better than they showed tonight and BHS is improving.  Tigers are not where they need to be yet, but still a dangerous team.  Every week the BHS QB is going to get better.  I still think they will be tough come playoff time. 

Rudehog

Very unimpressed with HarBer tonight. Their offense was bad until they got to play against the JV in the late 3rd and 4th quarter. Lack of focus and discipline as evidenced by 3 unsportsmanlike penalties. They look like they have some good athletes on both sides of the ball just not in sync.

With that said Bentonville looked much better tonight. Didn't make the mental mistakes which plagued them in two of their close losses. QB looked better but was not having to pass a lot tonight as they ran up and down the field at will for 3 quarters. Defense completely dominated the game and set the tone early along with special teams blocking a punt for a safety and some good returns. Game was really over by the end of the 1st quarter.

HarBer Dad

Har-Ber's offense was at less than full strength.  Starting QB out due to concussion protocol.  He will be back next week.  #1 Receiver (one of the best is the 7A) had to fill in at QB.  #2 receiver sat out most of game with what looked like hamstring tweak.  #3 starting receiver also out due to concussion protocol.  Once these players are back offense will look very different.

On defense, starting D-back out early in 1st half, again looks like possible concussion (wish these players would quit lowering their helmets when they tackle).  Second starting D-back sat most of the game after getting a pretty stupid un-sportsman penalty.  Based on behavior and reaction I witnessed to being sat for the game, don't expect to see him next week, maybe ever again in a HB uniform.  Very unfortunate.  Senior starting Linebacker has been out all season.  He should practice and hopefully full speed by Sdale game in two weeks.

Very young team that has gone through tough off-season.  Still, no excuse for loss of composure I witnessed last night.  Coaches will have their work cut out for them this week.  If team can keep their focus they will get better each week.  Could be dangerous by end of season.

Razorback Red

Thanks HarBer Dad for the info.  I had not heard about the injuries prior to now, but that helps explain what I saw last night.  Man, the 7A West QB's are going down too much this season.  That's 3 I know of that missed last night. 

HB also caught BHS on a night where they were frustrated.  They think they should be 3-1, but are 1-3.  Finally played a complete game on both sides of the ball last night. 

As we both know, once you get to the playoffs anything can happen. 

businesstron

That's why you can never count out Bentonville.  They have a good chance to win the conference again.  Bentonville West's QB might not play until the end of the year if that.  The only two teams that stand in their way are Springdale and Fayetteville and they've owned those team regardless of talent in the regular season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas