• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best of Independence County

Started by HeberFan, September 21, 2018, 10:41:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

So, who's better this year:

Batesville or Batesville Southside?

purpleswag

Quote from: HeberFan on September 21, 2018, 10:41:31 am
So, who's better this year:

Batesville or Batesville Southside?

Is baby brother ever truly better?

AverageJo24

They need to play. It would be good for the town. However I believe the Pioneers would win 9 out of 10 times. Southside will always play second fiddle to Batesville.

HeberFan

Quote from: AverageJo24 on September 21, 2018, 11:29:05 am
They need to play. It would be good for the town. However I believe the Pioneers would win 9 out of 10 times. Southside will always play second fiddle to Batesville.

Even this year ?

HeberFan

Quote from: purpleswag on September 21, 2018, 11:02:11 am
Is baby brother ever truly better?

This year, people are saying Baby Brother is better. Your thoughts ?

JessieP

Quote from: HeberFan on September 21, 2018, 12:15:25 pm
This year, people are saying Baby Brother is better. Your thoughts ?

HeberFan I expected more from you, very disappointed. People are saying Baby Brother is better? Let me guess, Southside people? The same people who claimed Warren better look out? Batesville would kill SS. Put it this way, SS had an offer to actually play Batesville, The Pioneers had an opening. Southside's coach said they needed to scrimmage a couple times first. They had no desire to play an actual game. Just to give you a little perspective, last years SS team was a bit stronger than this years. They scrimmaged GCT and celebrated a hard fought 3 point win. Batesville was playing the JV's in a 3rd quarter mercy ruled game against GCT. Batesville plays teams like LRCA, Jonesboro, Alma, PA, West Memphis and Wynne. SS plays Cave City, Pokey and CAC. Do the math.

HeberFan

Quote from: JessieP on September 21, 2018, 12:30:46 pm
HeberFan I expected more from you, very disappointed. People are saying Baby Brother is better? Let me guess, Southside people? The same people who claimed Warren better look out? Batesville would kill SS. Put it this way, SS had an offer to actually play Batesville, The Pioneers had an opening. Southside's coach said they needed to scrimmage a couple times first. They had no desire to play an actual game. Just to give you a little perspective, last years SS team was a bit stronger than this years. They scrimmaged GCT and celebrated a hard fought 3 point win. Batesville was playing the JV's in a 3rd quarter mercy ruled game against GCT. Batesville plays teams like LRCA, Jonesboro, Alma, PA, West Memphis and Wynne. SS plays Cave City, Pokey and CAC. Do the math.

Disappointed?  Southside is really good this year and Batesville is down. Just asking a question from Independence County people who know best.

AverageJo24

Southside is better than they have been. I will give them credit for that, but to actually think they are better than the Pioneers is  laughable and I would think only Southside mommy and daddys are they ones saying it. Is Batesville down? probably, but they arent a bad football team. LRCA, Jonesboro, and Searcy are all playoff teams.  I just cant imagine anyone outside of the southside area believing they could hang with King and the boys.

JessieP

Quote from: HeberFan on September 21, 2018, 12:48:01 pm
Disappointed?  Southside is really good this year and Batesville is down. Just asking a question from Independence County people who know best.

Southside is much improved, very good might be a stretch. When your just a few years removed from going 0-fer very good becomes a relative term. Warren, Arky and Joe T are very good, they have all laid SS battered and bruised in their wake. Southside is very much improved but Batesville is nowhere near that down. Besides, the jury is still very much out on if Batesville is actually that down.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on September 21, 2018, 01:00:05 pm
Southside is much improved, very good might be a stretch. When your just a few years removed from going 0-fer very good becomes a relative term. Warren, Arky and Joe T are very good, they have all laid SS battered and bruised in their wake. Southside is very much improved but Batesville is nowhere near that down. Besides, the jury is still very much out on if Batesville is actually that down.

Batesville plays Possum in early September better than anybody else

The_Pioneer

SS plays a LOT of players both ways.  Just like the last 5 or 6 with Newport, they'd hang hard with us for about a quarter.  Then depth takes over and its a steam roll by the end.  Those 5'6 150 pound RBs get beat up pretty good against bigger schools. 

tmycjy

Just went threw the number this is how the game should go if played by my computer
Batesville south side 31
Batesville 19

RunninJoe

Quote from: tmycjy on September 21, 2018, 10:36:55 pm
Just went threw the number this is how the game should go if played by my computer
Batesville south side 31
Batesville 19

Your computer is wrong.

tmycjy

Quote from: RunninJoe on September 21, 2018, 10:47:57 pm
Your computer is wrong.

that as of this year how both teams playing now next year could be different it changes all the time do to how your play on offense and defense is all factor in

The_Pioneer

NEASPORTSFAN

Southside got wrecked 35-7 by Stuttgart. It wouldn't be much of a game. You are talking about a program that has a trophy for when they beat cave city. That's all I need to know.

HeberFan

Quote from: NEASPORTSFAN on September 23, 2018, 04:24:19 pm
Southside got wrecked 35-7 by Stuttgart. It wouldn't be much of a game. You are talking about a program that has a trophy for when they beat cave city. That's all I need to know.

That's hilarious!  Plus One !

JessieP

Quote from: NEASPORTSFAN on September 23, 2018, 04:24:19 pm

They huddle around that trophy, hoist and kiss it. They celebrate with gusto a hard fought victory over Cave City and then proclaim themselves 4A elite.

HeberFan

Quote from: JessieP on September 24, 2018, 12:49:25 pm
They huddle around that trophy, hoist and kiss it. They celebrate with gusto a hard fought victory over Cave City and then proclaim themselves 4A elite.

That was the Watermelon Bowl ????

The_Pioneer

I get a kick, how after every game, everyone halfway connected to SS is on the field and taking family pictures.  Every game. 

HeberFan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 25, 2018, 05:33:58 pm
I get a kick, how after every game, everyone halfway connected to SS is on the field and taking family pictures.  Every game.

Takes a long time to learn how to win, and, to realize having a team is not the same thing as having a program.

CIA

Batesville without a doubt.
Batesville SS doesn't have the behind to cash that check the mouth writes.  To be the man you gotta beat the man.

SouthernerPride

Batesville FINALLY won a game tonight! Congratulations from your friends on top of the mountain.

JessieP

Quote from: SouthernerPride on September 28, 2018, 11:34:05 pm
Batesville FINALLY won a game tonight! Congratulations from your friends on top of the mountain.

Thank you so much. It takes a select few to be able to line up across from Cave City, Riverview and Pokey. Hat's off. Who do you have next week? Mt Saint Mary's girls volleyball team? With our schedule you'd be 0-5 with 5 mery ruled games by halftime. If we had yours we'd be 4-1 with 4 mercy ruled wins.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: JessieP on September 29, 2018, 09:31:09 am
Thank you so much. It takes a select few to be able to line up across from Cave City, Riverview and Pokey. Hat's off. Who do you have next week? Mt Saint Mary's girls volleyball team? With our schedule you'd be 0-5 with 5 mery ruled games by halftime. If we had yours we'd be 4-1 with 4 mercy ruled wins.
you've been drinking too much city water brother.. Stuttgart would roll over the Neers this year like Warren would.. Which has you sitting at 3-2 just like little brother.
Someone get this man a Brita!

CIA

Quote from: SouthernerPride on September 28, 2018, 11:34:05 pm
The irony.  So how many winning seasons have y'all had again? 

JessieP

Quote from: SouthernerPride on September 29, 2018, 03:36:18 pm
you've been drinking too much city water brother.. Stuttgart would roll over the Neers this year like Warren would.. Which has you sitting at 3-2 just like little brother.
Someone get this man a Brita!

We could go round and round all day. I'm just curious, when presented a chance to play why did your coach stutter and stammer his way through a "aaaaaa aaaa aaaa, let's scrimage a few times first" reply?  heck, he even demanded the JV game be scrimmage format. Think they may actually cross the goal line next time? It would be one heck of a moral victory. I was wondering if you went to the Stuttgart game? If I saw a picture of you I would have been able to pick you out watching the stream, not too hard, there we're only about 25 fans there. You see real football programs travel well. I guess those o-fer years are still lingering in people's minds. It's funny, all the veterans here when presented with a "who would win" question all replied a basic "Are you kidding".

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: JessieP on September 29, 2018, 09:31:09 am
IKR we could never defeat that powerhouse Paragould Rams who only lost to Pokey by 28 points.  Cave City could probably defeat them.  The only benefit of playing Batesville would be experience of tough competition early in the season.  However much like when Batesville played Springdale it could lead to season ending injuries to starters. 

RunninJoe

Shall we discuss tonight's outcome?
Pioneer JV        40
Southerner JV    0

JessieP

October 01, 2018, 09:56:19 pm #29 Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:26:56 am by JessieP
Quote from: RunninJoe on October 01, 2018, 09:22:39 pm
Pioneer JV        40
Southerner JV    0

Now let's be fair. It's only been 2 games. You can't expect Southside to score in the first few years. Over time someone will fumble a punt or a kickoff inside the 10 and SS will punch it in. It may take awhile longer, maybe kids who are now in the 7th grade, but it will happen.

CIA

Bahaha. 
Crickets from the Batesville SS

NEASPORTSFAN

Two games. No points for Southside.  ::)

No soup for you!

HeberFan

Quote from: RunninJoe on October 01, 2018, 09:22:39 pm
Pioneer JV        40
Southerner JV    0

Wow, that's a pounding. In all fairness, are the young classes of Pioneers really good?  How did they perform in junior high?

NEASPORTSFAN

October 02, 2018, 11:33:49 am #33 Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:36:37 am by NEASPORTSFAN
the 10th grade class is really solid, especially on defense. Why Batesville has been really good for 20 years is because they are always good on the lines. This year, not so much. The entire offense is built around running the football. Batesville has always been difficult to cover because they run so many different formations and motions. However lots of linemen coming in 8th and 9th grades. The Pioneers will be much improved in a year or 2.

RunninJoe

NEA is correct. The Pioneer line is smaller than usual. We lost a big and talented center when his family moved last summer. We've got a lot of inexperience out there but they're getting better every game. King knows how to do a lot with a little so the next few weeks should be interesting. This sophomore class is very talented. I'm looking forward to seeing how they progress.

JessieP

Quote from: HeberFan on October 02, 2018, 08:52:42 am
Wow, that's a pounding. In all fairness, are the young classes of Pioneers really good?  How did they perform in junior high?

They have a good class of youngsters, we've had better. They did good in jr high, we've had better. I get that it's only JV but JV is an indicator of the overall program. The JV's are coached by the varsity coaches, they are varsity players. Their offensive coordinator proclaimed earlier in the season "Come see Southside, the most exciting team in Independence County", guess what coach, you've yet to score on the boring team. Remember that SS drew first blood. For years Pioneer Nation applauded and pulled for SS, We stood up for them when they had their o-fers. 2 years ago they made the playoffs and instantly proclaimed "We'd beat Batesville". When the two programs finally met the results showed how moronic that belief was. SS will never be considered top tier in the 4A until they beat a Warren, Joe T or Arky (In years past) type team. To be elite you must beat elite. Sure Batesville has taken their lumps this year but look who has beaten them, Top notch teams. Last night in the 2nd quarter SS players were walking on and off the field, they had hands on hips and heads down. They were whipped early and thoroughly, their players, coaches and fans knew it. If the varsity teams we're to play the results would be the same.

friscokid

Interesting that a Heber guy would try to start mess between two teams from out of county, and I like Heber. But let them fight their battle. Southside is growing and they'll play varsity down the mountain when they feel they're ready.

The_Pioneer

They missed their best chance to win for a while. 

JessieP

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 07, 2018, 06:15:48 pm
They missed their best chance to win for a while.

Agreed. They PASSED on their best chance but in reality it wasn't much of a chance. This year they would have stayed within a couple td's but would have lost nonetheless.

HeberFan

Quote from: friscokid on October 07, 2018, 05:36:01 pm
Interesting that a Heber guy would try to start mess between two teams from out of county, and I like Heber. But let them fight their battle. Southside is growing and they'll play varsity down the mountain when they feel they're ready.

Not trying to start anything. Heber plays Southside every year, and, the Southerners have improved a lot. Batesville is having a down year. Just wondering if parity has arrived.

The_Pioneer

So I guess this isn't a thing anymore???

NEASPORTSFAN

Batesville 41 Blytheville 6
Heber Springs 21 Southside 0

No, there is no "parity"

HeberFan

Quote from: NEASPORTSFAN on October 20, 2018, 07:22:07 am
Batesville 41 Blytheville 6
Heber Springs 21 Southside 0

No, there is no "parity"

Appears you are right.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas