• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 4 or 3 games....

Started by The Future, September 10, 2018, 09:12:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future

Depending on how you look at it lol. I didn't like this whole week zero thing with all these open dates thingy.

Where's all the talk about these games? I think most of these could be pretty entertaining.

Cabot at Benton. Cabot's just too much. Panthers by 21
Fayetteville at Bryant. I'll go Fay in a close one
Jonesboro at Catholic. Jonesboro by a few TDs
Memphis Whitehaven at NLR. NLR by 14 cause I don't know anything about the other team.
Har-Ber at Pine Bluff. Could be real good. Zebras by 7
Parkview at Rogers. Pats by 17
Southside at Heritage. Mavs by plenty
Siloam at Van Buren. Pointers continue to improve and win by 14

Wildcat Football

I saw the Cabot game at ED.  Cabot's offense is nearly unstoppable, pound and ground game.  You have to rely on turnovers/penalties as a measure of luck, otherwise they score 5 out of 6 drives.  And they take their sweet time on long drives, so minimal opportunities for opponents to outscore them.  I think Cabot will win or be in every game they play this year until they face a defense that can stuff their offense.  Malham is gonna go out a winner.

PA Dad

Memphis Whitehaven is 3-1 this year.  Their only loss was in overtime.

MaxPreps ranks Whitehaven No. 764 in the nation and No. 17 in Tennessee.

I agree with your prediction.  NLR should win by a couple of touchdowns.

Walter

Fayetteville is at Bryant. I always give a close one to the home team.

Cabot is a surprise this year and should continue their winning ways in this game. Glad for Malham.

businesstron

Fayetteville at Bryant.

I'm going Fayetteville by a few touchdowns.  Bryant didn't look that great to me last week and Fayetteville has looked great in their two games so far this year.  I also think Fayetteville's gonna be extra motivated to win with how things went in the playoff game last year.   Fayetteville jump out to like a 3 touchdown early in the game and they looked on fire.  Then in the second half their offense just disappeared and Bryant clawed their way back into the game.

Memphis Whitehaven at NLR.

Whitehaven by a few TDs.  Whitehaven has a ton of talent on their team.  They have 4 or 5 seniors that'll play D1 somewhere and then they probably have 6 or 7 underclassmen that'll play somewhere. By somewhere I mean they have  a lot of Power 5 level talent on their roster.  Two of them are 4 Stars.  As a team they are pretty good at maximizing their talent.  They don't win the state title every year but the are always in the hunt especially these last few. Style wise they are also a bad matchup for NLR.  They are a defensive who's  main objective is to run on offense.   Not too man RB get over a hundred yards on them.   Should be a fun game to see though.

sportsguy80

Quote from: businesstron on September 11, 2018, 11:52:36 am
Fayetteville at Bryant.

I'm going Fayetteville by a few touchdowns.  Bryant didn't look that great to me last week and Fayetteville has looked great in their two games so far this year.  I also think Fayetteville's gonna be extra motivated to win with how things went in the playoff game last year.   Fayetteville jump out to like a 3 touchdown early in the game and they looked on fire.  Then in the second half their offense just disappeared and Bryant clawed their way back into the game.

Memphis Whitehaven at NLR.

Whitehaven by a few TDs.  Whitehaven has a ton of talent on their team.  They have 4 or 5 seniors that'll play D1 somewhere and then they probably have 6 or 7 underclassmen that'll play somewhere. By somewhere I mean they have  a lot of Power 5 level talent on their roster.  Two of them are 4 Stars.  As a team they are pretty good at maximizing their talent.  They don't win the state title every year but the are always in the hunt especially these last few. Style wise they are also a bad matchup for NLR.  They are a defensive who's  main objective is to run on offense.   Not too man RB get over a hundred yards on them.   Should be a fun game to see though.
Two factors I'm gonna pay close attention to during these key games are coaching and home field. Can these come into play and if so how much?

ArgentaNLR

Somebody hasn't been watching NLR play this year.  Their weakness isn't run defense.  if anything it is their pass defense and man to man they play against other wide outs. Several of the scores against NLR this year were long passes.  The strength of both the Booker T and Evangel defenses was their run defense and yet NLR ran on both with ease.  NLR vs Whitehaven will be a good game and if NLR gets the win they should be undefeated going into the Bryant game at NLR on October 26th.  If so, that game will packed and likely a preview of the State Championship game if Bryant beats Fayetteville this weekend

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: ArgentaNLR on September 13, 2018, 11:48:10 am
Somebody hasn't been watching NLR play this year.  Their weakness isn't run defense.  if anything it is their pass defense and man to man they play against other wide outs. Several of the scores against NLR this year were long passes.  The strength of both the Booker T and Evangel defenses was their run defense and yet NLR ran on both with ease.  NLR vs Whitehaven will be a good game and if NLR gets the win they should be undefeated going into the Bryant game at NLR on October 26th.  If so, that game will packed and likely a preview of the State Championship game if Bryant beats Fayetteville this weekend

You dont know what youre talking about. research the topic before you speak on a topic you bozo.

businesstron

Quote from: sportsguy80 on September 11, 2018, 04:29:04 pm
Two factors I'm gonna pay close attention to during these key games are coaching and home field. Can these come into play and if so how much?

I don't think homefield will be a big issue in the Fayetteville Bryant game.  This will be their 3rd time playing in a year so they minus well be conference foes.  Coaching of course will play a big roll.  If Fayetteville can get off to a fast start and put the game out of balance quick they win....   I think even in the season game last year they built a big lead at some point to eventually lose it. 

NLR and Whitehaven  though.  Homefield may play a part.  I don't know how much of a homefield advantage NLR has though.  I do know that Whitehaven rarely goes outside of the Memphis area during the season.  Even in the playoffs they may not make a road trip to Nashville until the semifinals.  So this trip will be longer than their game trip.  I think this one will come down to line play.   NLR might be at a disadvantage in talent but they may be at an advantage in their play on the lines.

businesstron

Quote from: ArgentaNLR on September 13, 2018, 11:48:10 am

As far as Bryant and NLR playing for the conference title?  Slow your roll.  Watch out for Northside.  How they've been playing they have all the ingredients to make a run for that number 2 spot.  How Bryant looked last week I wouldn't bet money on them to make it to that NLR game undefeated. 

Also BTW's strength was their pass defense.  Their run defense wasn't that bad though.    Whitehaven is more of a running team but they will try to pass more this year.   They have a 4* wide receiver and tight end.   So I won't be surprised if they try to hit some deep shots with that WR and probably some short shots with the tight end.  Their line play may be week though.  I was reading comments on the team they lost to last week and everyone was talking about how they were handled on the lines.  The other team Lausanne College had a good running back as well but overall  Whitehaven had the talent advantage. 
That might be NLR's hope in this game.   

PA Dad

One of NLR's weaknesses the last few years has been a weak non conference schedule.  They fixed that this year!  All of their games are against quality opponents.  That's great and should serve them well in conference play.

businesstron

Yeah...I was wrong about Whitehaven.

PA Dad

Quote from: businesstron on September 14, 2018, 09:46:41 pm
Yeah...I was wrong about Whitehaven.

I'm really disappointed in you.  I've never been wrong in predicting a game if you just ignore 75% of my predictions.

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on September 10, 2018, 09:12:42 am
Depending on how you look at it lol. I didn't like this whole week zero thing with all these open dates thingy.

Where's all the talk about these games? I think most of these could be pretty entertaining.

Cabot at Benton. Cabot's just too much. Panthers by 21
Fayetteville at Bryant. I'll go Fay in a close one
Jonesboro at Catholic. Jonesboro by a few TDs
Memphis Whitehaven at NLR. NLR by 14 cause I don't know anything about the other team.
Har-Ber at Pine Bluff. Could be real good. Zebras by 7
Parkview at Rogers. Pats by 17
Southside at Heritage. Mavs by plenty
Siloam at Van Buren. Pointers continue to improve and win by 14

Well, it was a topsy turvy week.

I thought your predictions were pretty good.  That shows what we both know.

Benton won.  I didn't see that coming.

You nailed the Bryant Fayetteville game.  That was a great game.

Catholic whipped Jonesboro.  I would have lost money on that game.

You nailed the NLR game and I agreed with you.  Kudos to both of us.

Har-Ber beat PB.  Surprised the heck out of both of us.

Ain't this fun?

sportsguy80

I think it's safe to say NLR and Fayetteville are the top two teams in the state. I'm excited to see how this thing plays out.

PA Dad

Quote from: sportsguy80 on September 14, 2018, 10:51:29 pm
I think it's safe to say NLR and Fayetteville are the top two teams in the state. I'm excited to see how this thing plays out.

I don't think many would disagree but I'm interested to see what Northside does.  They may be the dark horse.

sportsguy80

Quote from: PA Dad on September 14, 2018, 10:54:56 pm
I don't think many would disagree but I'm interested to see what Northside does.  They may be the dark horse.
I agree 100%. They are playing at a very high level. I had the opportunity to meet some of their coaching staff when they were scouting Greenwood during their scrimmage with Fayetteville.

Pr8hd

Quote from: PA Dad on September 14, 2018, 10:54:56 pm

I thought GW played terrible against them, but their defensive line is for real and had a hand in that as well. I am not sure NS has all the tools to compete for it all in 7A, but it'll be interesting. FWIW GW doesn't quite have the offensive firepower they have had in years past as they are young, but NS was very disruptive on that side of the ball. It'll be interesting to see how they fair against Bryant, Cabot and NLR in the Central. That to me, was the most impressive thing of NS.

businesstron

Quote from: PA Dad on September 14, 2018, 10:07:07 pm
I'm really disappointed in you.  I've never been wrong in predicting a game if you just ignore 75% of my predictions.

Lol!!!  I was looking them up to see what they(Whitehaven) had and I saw all that talent  and their track record abt thought they were a good team.   What a waste though.  4* wide receiver and tight end.  3* runnignback...all that by their quarter back is a converted dB that can run but has no throwing mechanics what's so ever.  The line(offensive and defensive) looks like a Goid FCS team but plays like Jr high line at a mediocre high school.

Kudos to NLR as usual though.  They destroyed them basically running their bread and butter plays(dives and inside runs to Day). Like he might of had 159 yards rushing.  Their passing game has improved a lot since Boomer T as well.  Then On defense even though they gave up 35  point they pressured Whitehavens qb all game and for the most part shut down their running attack.  Like I said even though Whitehaven did score it was nothing consistent.  Nlr was up by two tds most of the game.

They definitely the team to beat though this year.  They got 3 stout running backs.  One of whitch they utilize a lot in the passing game.  A stud tight end that didn't even play last night.  A good qb good line play and a good defense. 

jay nelvin

Quote from: PA Dad on September 14, 2018, 10:50:02 pm
Well, it was a topsy turvy week.

I thought your predictions were pretty good.  That shows what we both know.

Benton won.  I didn't see that coming.

You nailed the Bryant Fayetteville game.  That was a great game.

Catholic whipped Jonesboro.  I would have lost money on that game.

You nailed the NLR game and I agreed with you.  Kudos to both of us.

Har-Ber beat PB.  Surprised the heck out of both of us.

Ain't this fun?
Benton QB had a career night.  6 TD passes.

Air Raider

Quote from: Wildcat Football on September 10, 2018, 09:20:56 am
I saw the Cabot game at ED.  Cabot's offense is nearly unstoppable, pound and ground game.  You have to rely on turnovers/penalties as a measure of luck, otherwise they score 5 out of 6 drives.  And they take their sweet time on long drives, so minimal opportunities for opponents to outscore them.  I think Cabot will win or be in every game they play this year until they face a defense that can stuff their offense.  Malham is gonna go out a winner.

Cabot is very stoppable, as Catholic proved.  Just need to load the box and force them to pass...  ;D

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Air Raider on September 24, 2018, 09:00:56 pm
Cabot is very stoppable, as Catholic proved.  Just need to load the box and force them to pass...  ;D
Well, I did say you gotta get lucky with turnovers v. Cabot and weather played a role in that area. Still, Cabot will finish strong but last 2 weeks they gotta secure the ball better.  Congrats to Catholic with a big win at Cabot.  I still have the Panthers in the semi's if they can go back to basics.

Cabotfan

Quote from: Air Raider on September 24, 2018, 09:00:56 pm

Says someone who obviously wasn't there. Cabot stopped Cabot on most drives not Catholic.

Air Raider

Quote from: Cabotfan on September 25, 2018, 12:18:06 pm
Says someone who obviously wasn't there. Cabot stopped Cabot on most drives not Catholic.

I was there. Friday night and Saturday noon. I was there tonight too.  For the third loss in a row....  ::)

One side says "we were turning the ball over".  The other side says "we were forcing turnovers".  There's always a spin, but end of the day, a stop is a stop, and a loss is a loss. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas