• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Billy Dawson best football coach in Arkansas history???

Started by HOLLYWOOD, August 19, 2018, 01:31:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOLLYWOOD

athletic supporter

Maynard G Krebs

Smart enough to abandon the Nashville team when the talent pool wasn't there and smart enough to return when the talent came up the ranks.  Amen

athletic supporter

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 19, 2018, 05:14:15 pm
Smart enough to abandon the Nashville team when the talent pool wasn't there and smart enough to return when the talent came up the ranks.  Amen

Bingo! Also smart enough to see the talent for a couple of years in Russellville and then see the talent isn't there anymore.

The_Champ

athletic supporter

Quote from: The_Champ on August 20, 2018, 12:51:50 pm
Yeah like the talent he chased at Sheridan...

How long was he there and when in his career was he there?

The_Champ

He was 13-7 in two years and took them to the playoffs for the first time in 12 years in the 5A South which was the largest classification.

HOLLYWOOD

I could be wrong on this but early in his career did he start out at Bearden and turn that program around?

Razorback Red

I'll take the bait here....

I'm really not sure why the bashing of CBD.  Tough to fault a guy for growing in his career.  Bottom line, he's won everywhere he's been and now has the chance to HC at one of the top 5 programs in the state (you could make a case FHS is the best job since Fville only has 1 HS). 

V B Porker

DerekOxford

Quote from: HOLLYWOOD on August 21, 2018, 09:08:15 am
I could be wrong on this but early in his career did he start out at Bearden and turn that program around?

Started at Smackover. Made stops at Parkview Baptist in Baton Rouge, then Lonoke, then Sheridan, Monroe Neville (La.), Arkansas Tech, and Siloam Springs before ending up in Nashville in 2005.

Lions84

Baitshop

If it only takes one hand to count your state championships, you're not in the discussion for best ever.

Football_Fan25

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Hollywood...threads like this will get you put on Fearless Probation. How dare you question the legacy of GOAT of King Jones of GW?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Don't you mean Bernhard Dawson (1890–1960), American-Argentinian astronomer?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas