• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA at Harber

Started by PA Dad, August 19, 2018, 12:24:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

I started a similar thread on the 5A board but I thought I'd start one here so you 7A fans can tell us about the beat down Harber will put on PA.  Have at it!

HarBer Dad

Since PA Dad started the post thought it appropriate Harber Dad first to reply  ;D

Har-Ber is kind of an unknown.  Was a senior laden team last year and several of their starting juniors from last year transferred to Springdale (discussed at length on another thread).  Still, their JR High feeder schools have had much success over the past 3 - 5 years so there are always good players coming up.  I think this team will be young but talented and improve as the year progresses.

PA Dad

Quote from: HarBer Dad on August 19, 2018, 04:08:40 pm
Since PA Dad started the post thought it appropriate Harber Dad first to reply  ;D

Har-Ber is kind of an unknown.  Was a senior laden team last year and several of their starting juniors from last year transferred to Springdale (discussed at length on another thread).  Still, their JR High feeder schools have had much success over the past 3 - 5 years so there are always good players coming up.  I think this team will be young but talented and improve as the year progresses.

That sounds a lot like PA.  PA lost 8 starters on each side of the ball.  And they are small-really small.  If Harber has a big O-line and a good running back it may be a long night for PA.

STBruin

Quote from: PA Dad on August 19, 2018, 05:50:53 pm
That sounds a lot like PA.  PA lost 8 starters on each side of the ball.  And they are small-really small.  If Harber has a big O-line and a good running back it may be a long night for PA.

In my opinion, defense was not the problem against Bryant. Both of the 2 long runs were inside stunts that left the middle OPEN...no one was there to make a play. This week, its all on the offense and how much improvement they make this week in practice. 7 turnovers in 3 qtrs will not beat ANYONE on their schedule, and the level of intensity was just not there last week. Never seen a PA team that seemed timid, or had such a lack of intensity, that more than anything was very troubling to me.

Razorback Red

I'll be following this one online, I have decided to go to Owasso to see them host West.  Too good of a game to miss.

Rob Van Winkle

Harber Dad is spot on but they still have several talented seniors as well to go with young talent. The Junior High pipeline for HB may be the best in the state so they just keep bringing them up and plugging them in.

The biggest loss IMO was Fimple leaving. He is as good as it gets for a DC so filling that gap and having a strong D will be their key for success. Lots of talent still on that side of the ball though.

Razorback Red

I only have one word: WOW!

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on August 25, 2018, 08:34:42 am
I only have one word: WOW!

I'm not sure what to take from this game.   I suspect Harber just had an off night.  We'll see as the season progresses.

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2018, 09:47:42 am
I'm not sure what to take from this game.   I suspect Harber just had an off night.  We'll see as the season progresses.

Like we said last week, you can't take much from a scrimmage.  PA is still the team to beat in 5A this season, but it does appear there are 2-3 more really good teams.  Will be fun to follow.

We all knew Harber lost a lot, but sounds like they have a lot of work to do in the next 3 weeks to get ready for conf action.  They will improve, but could be fighting for the 5-6 spot in the West. 

businesstron

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  PA can probably play and beat anyone in Arkansas.....especially these last few years.  That might be the worst i've ever seen Harber beaten.  I guess that's what happens when a chunk of your offense moves cross town.

DerekOxford

What was the deal with the fight on the sidelines?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: DerekOxford on August 25, 2018, 03:35:06 pm
What was the deal with the fight on the sidelines?

Covered in the DemGaz story today.  On kickoff return, a PA defender hit the return man out of bounds ( on the Har-Ber side) and then a Har-Ber player went after the PA player creating a bench clearing tussle. 

Overdahill

That looked like a great facility at HarBer Maynard. How was the limo lot?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on August 25, 2018, 06:38:43 pm
That looked like a great facility at HarBer Maynard. How was the limo lot?

Har-Ber was a great host with the exception of not honoring my request for an extended parking spot for my limo.  Luckily, I found a wide open space next to one of the practice soccer fields (which are in abundance) that easily accommodated my vehicle.   

The entire Har-Ber campus is very impressive.

HarBer Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 25, 2018, 04:33:14 pm
Covered in the DemGaz story today.  On kickoff return, a PA defender hit the return man out of bounds ( on the Har-Ber side) and then a Har-Ber player went after the PA player creating a bench clearing tussle.

Happened right below me.  Pretty bad late hit.  Five yards deep and to the head and shoulders.  Really surprised they did not toss the PA player.

HarBer Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on August 25, 2018, 10:25:08 am
Like we said last week, you can't take much from a scrimmage.  PA is still the team to beat in 5A this season, but it does appear there are 2-3 more really good teams.  Will be fun to follow.

We all knew Harber lost a lot, but sounds like they have a lot of work to do in the next 3 weeks to get ready for conf action.  They will improve, but could be fighting for the 5-6 spot in the West.

Har-Ber is young.  I only counted 6 -7 seniors playing on the two deep both sides of the ball.  Only two seniors on offense.  Started a freshman and sophomore on the O-line.  Couple of seniors they were counting on were on the sidelines injured which doesn't help.  May take some lumps particularly early in the year but will get better.  Will be a challenge for the coaches to keep the kids moving forward.

Redwolves8526

This score still surprised me, regardless of how young Harber is. Were there a lot of onside kicks recovered? Long 4th down conversions for PA?

I still wonder how PA would fare against a North Little Rock, Bentonville, Greenwood, Pine Bluff, etc.

protegewill

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 27, 2018, 10:12:31 am
This score still surprised me, regardless of how young Harber is. Were there a lot of onside kicks recovered? Long 4th down conversions for PA?

I still wonder how PA would fare against a North Little Rock, Bentonville, Greenwood, Pine Bluff, etc.

I'm with you on that. Honestly, if we are talking about this year PA would lose to NLR, Bentonville, and PB by at least 17pts. They would lose to Greenwood too, but the margin of victory would not be by much simply because given what Greenwood lost from last year's team the Jones vs Kelley coaching chess match matchup will decide the game. Personally, I would like to see which legend is better when they have evenly matched teams skills and experience wise.

Reasons:
1)NLR, Bentonville, Greenwood, and PB are well-coached teams that are very disciplined, usually experienced, and well prepared so the likelihood of them beating themselves is rare.

2)Consistently, giving your opponents a short field is not wise against teams that are balanced on offense and sound defensively.

PA Dad

Quote from: protegewill on August 27, 2018, 01:37:43 pm
I'm with you on that. Honestly, if we are talking about this year PA would lose to NLR, Bentonville, and PB by at least 17pts. They would lose to Greenwood too, but the margin of victory would not be by much simply because given what Greenwood lost from last year's team the Jones vs Kelley coaching chess match matchup will decide the game. Personally, I would like to see which legend is better when they have evenly matched teams skills and experience wise.

Reasons:
1)NLR, Bentonville, Greenwood, and PB are well-coached teams that are very disciplined, usually experienced, and well prepared so the likelihood of them beating themselves is rare.

2)Consistently, giving your opponents a short field is not wise against teams that are balanced on offense and sound defensively.

You might be right.  But, you might be wrong.  Expressing opinions on which team would win is fun, but there is no way to know for sure unless the teams play.

And, by the way, we have heard the "short field" argument through 4 straight state championships and a long winning streak.

protegewill

Quote from: PA Dad on August 27, 2018, 01:53:10 pm
You might be right.  But, you might be wrong.  Expressing opinions on which team would win is fun, but there is no way to know for sure unless the teams play.

And, by the way, we have heard the "short field" argument through 4 straight state championships and a long winning streak.

I think maybe a loss to end the streak can be good. I (I'm sure I'm not alone) would much rather PA lose one now and make history by winning 5 straight (in the modern era) than make it all the way and lose in the championship game.

PA Dad

Quote from: protegewill on August 27, 2018, 03:26:41 pm
I think maybe a loss to end the streak can be good. I (I'm sure I'm not alone) would much rather PA lose one now and make history by winning 5 straight (in the modern era) than make it all the way and lose in the championship game.

We agree on that!

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: HarBer Dad on August 27, 2018, 08:57:19 am
Happened right below me.  Pretty bad late hit.  Five yards deep and to the head and shoulders.  Really surprised they did not toss the PA player.

Your measuring tape must be off.  Contact was initiated in the white which is only 2-3 yards wide.  Yes, it was a late hit and a dumb mistake but was not malicious.  What was malicious and not in the course of the game was 20-30 Har-Ber players rushing 1 guy and leaving their bench area and the majority of the coaching staff standing there not doing anything to stop it.  The lack of action by the staff is what I am most disappointed about.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2018, 09:47:42 am
I'm not sure what to take from this game.  I suspect Harber just had an off night.  We'll see as the season progresses.
There's a thread below about players transferring from harber to Springdale.  could this be having an effect? 

businesstron

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 28, 2018, 01:50:28 pm
There's a thread below about players transferring from harber to Springdale.  could this be having an effect? 

I think it did.  They lost their starting QB from last year and he was pretty much their offense.  If he played in the playoff game against Northside last year Harber probably would've won.    They also lost 2 good receivers and a really good linebacker.  All of those players are either starting for Springdale now or they got signifigant time in the game against Robinson last week.

Brian G

Harber vs Sdale is going to be an unreal game this year.

DerekOxford

Quote from: B.G. on August 28, 2018, 05:37:16 pm
Harber vs Sdale is going to be an unreal game this year.

Yup. I will be in attendance.

Yellowcake

Quote from: HarBer Dad on August 27, 2018, 08:57:19 am

Malarkey
Pure malarkey
The sidelines tried to administer a gang beating. It was unwarranted. There was a flag and it was proper for a late hit that wasn't malicious. Just late. It's a penalty. Not a reason for an outright assault.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas