• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sheridan improvment?

Started by goldoline, August 06, 2018, 06:53:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

goldoline

Will Sheridan improve from 0-10?  If so, what areas are better? 

STBruin

Quote from: goldoline on August 06, 2018, 06:53:30 am
Will Sheridan improve from 0-10?  If so, what areas are better?

looking at their schedule...week 3- Siloam Springs and week 6- LR Hall...only chances.....

Reddie20

Quote from: STBruin on August 06, 2018, 09:48:38 am
looking at their schedule...week 3- Siloam Springs and week 6- LR Hall...only chances.....
Possibly their opening game against Mt. Home, both teams are looking to prove themselves and scheduled each other for the same reason!  ???

WonderWartHawg

Guess the answer is yes. Sheridan defeated Mt. Home fairly handily last night, so yes - they are improved.  How many more they win is yet to be seen, but they are better than last year.

Bomber_Believer

Not to be a downer, but beating Mtn Home right now doesn't say much about a team.  Sadly MH won't win a game for the foreseeable future.

Lions84

footballfan-tastic

Always better to win one than lose one. 

BullDogFan72

They may get another one in their non-con schedule.  I don't know who they play in their next two games.  The 6A West is just brutal on any schedule.  They have to face Greenwood, El Dorado, Benton, Russellville, Lake Hamilton and those probably will be loses for them.  I do think that they have a good chance against LR Hall and possibly Siloam Springs.  I'll go out on a limb and say maybe 3-7.

footballfan-tastic

BullDogFan72

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on August 27, 2018, 12:24:32 pm
That limb is sagging a bit.

LOL!  Just hate to see a team suffer so many bad seasons.  Might be wishful thinking, but they might surprise us.

Lumberjackfan1978

redsport27

Quote from: BullDogFan72 on August 27, 2018, 12:16:50 pm
They may get another one in their non-con schedule.  I don't know who they play in their next two games.  The 6A West is just brutal on any schedule.  They have to face Greenwood, El Dorado, Benton, Russellville, Lake Hamilton and those probably will be loses for them.  I do think that they have a good chance against LR Hall and possibly Siloam Springs.  I'll go out on a limb and say maybe 3-7.
Their next two are against Searcy and White Hall. Searcy will be a tough task for sure and it's on the road. They are hosting White Hall in the HWY 270 Classic but White Hall will bring everything they have at Sheridan. Mountain Home didn't really prepare them but Searcy and White Hall will be two tests for sure.

Mulerider4Life

How is the Sheridan school district so big? The town population is only 4,827. Are they really pulling in that many kids from consolidated districts?

The_Champ

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on August 30, 2018, 09:15:02 am
How is the Sheridan school district so big? The town population is only 4,827. Are they really pulling in that many kids from consolidated districts?
It is the largest land mass school district in the state. It also has East End which has a higher population than Sheridan itself going to school there. When I went to school there 70 percent of our athletes came from East End.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: The_Champ on August 30, 2018, 09:17:47 am
It is the largest land mass school district in the state. It also has East End which has a higher population than Sheridan itself going to school there. When I went to school there 70 percent of our athletes came from East End.

For some reason I thought East End was part of Bryant, Bauxite, and Little Rock.

The_Champ

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on August 30, 2018, 09:23:55 am
For some reason I thought East End was part of Bryant, Bauxite, and Little Rock.
Its way closer but the mapping has it as part of the Sheridan School District. I had a Little Rock address but went to Sheridan.

South Central

Every single kid in Grant County except Poyen and Tull goes Sheridan. East End makes up 35 percent of the student body. You also have several Landmark kids go to Sheridan instead of Pulaski County. Sheridan does lose a lot of East End kids to the Saline County schools but they think they can lessen this next year when the East End middle school is built.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: South Central on August 30, 2018, 09:39:00 pm
Every single kid in Grant County except Poyen and Tull goes Sheridan. East End makes up 35 percent of the student body. You also have several Landmark kids go to Sheridan instead of Pulaski County. Sheridan does lose a lot of East End kids to the Saline County schools but they think they can lessen this next year when the East End middle school is built.

At this rate, East End needs a high school.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on August 31, 2018, 08:07:59 am
At this rate, East End needs a high school.
Great point.
Make a high school in East End. This would drop Sheridan down in class and give them the opportunity to be more successful in all sports, not just a few.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas