• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lady Razorbacks hosting a regional

Started by softballfan, May 10, 2018, 11:54:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

softballfan

What is the plan for the state championship games next weekend if Arkansas was selected to host a softball regional next weekend.

Gray lizard

BasketballNeverStops

Looking forward to see how this all unfolds.

softballfan

Lady Razorbacks win again!! The possibility of hosting just got better.

PapaHog

TheHeadBallCoach

Any possibility that Fayetteville High will host the State Championships?

I know it's a let down not getting to play in Bogle, but FHS is across the street from the U of A, yet I can't remember where Lady Dawg Yard is.

HorseFeathers

What about one of the other colleges?

Gray lizard

Arkansas Tech would be a good location if available.

onetwoandthree

PapaHog

I agree with UCA. That would be nice. Somewhat centrally located too.

OB11

Quote from: PapaHog on May 11, 2018, 10:40:46 pm
I agree with UCA. That would be nice. Somewhat centrally located too.

Only problem I'd have with UCA is that it is an all turf field. No team playing in the finals will have played regularly on a turf field. You'd definitely have to adjust to it.

hsindian

bleudog

Mr. Pappagiorgio

This about to be the norm, better find permanent replacement spot to have them!

3 Dollar

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on May 13, 2018, 10:08:09 pm
This about to be the norm, better find permanent replacement spot to have them!

And this would be a good thing for the Razorback Softball Program.  It just takes away from the atmosphere and experience from the young ladies who have worked so hard to make it to this point.

Panthers44

Just change the date for title games to the following week

beach bum

Quote from: TheHeadBallCoach on May 11, 2018, 08:36:13 am
Any possibility that Fayetteville High will host the State Championships?

I know it's a let down not getting to play in Bogle, but FHS is across the street from the U of A, yet I can't remember where Lady Dawg Yard is.

Fayetteville High plays their home games about 3 miles from the high school. It can not host a state title game.

hsindian

It may change again. AAA took down the press release becauseUCA plays Friday at home.

TheHeadBallCoach

Quote from: beach bum on May 13, 2018, 11:24:59 pm
Fayetteville High plays their home games about 3 miles from the high school. It can not host a state title game.

Touche'

If UCA can't host. I could see Bentonville hosting. That's where the GAC Tournament is held, so that's definitely a possibility.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: TheHeadBallCoach on May 14, 2018, 08:36:08 am
Touche'

If UCA can't host. I could see Bentonville hosting. That's where the GAC Tournament is held, so that's definitely a possibility.

That would be ridiculous if that's the most inconvenient place they could find to have it. I don't care how nice it is.

Should be somewhat centrally located like Arkansas Tech......Maybe Cabot, they have nice fields & so does Benton.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on May 14, 2018, 09:26:48 am
That would be ridiculous if that's the most inconvenient place they could find to have it. I don't care how nice it is.

Should be somewhat centrally located like Arkansas Tech......Maybe Cabot, they have nice fields & so does Benton.
Fayetteville is known for it's Central location, right?

IAFLAR7

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 14, 2018, 09:37:46 am
Fayetteville is known for it's Central location, right?
Exactly. Should always be played at UCA. They assume everyone is so thrilled to play in Fayetteville but if you ask most coaches, parents and players they would prefer the convenience...
Whole point is, since they're not playing at Fayetteville try to centralize it for once - instead of pushing it even further away....how convenient that would be for the two Bentonville schools...hmm...

HorseFeathers

You do realize a site has to WANT to host it right??

IAFLAR7

No kidding...plenty would want to...but you have to ask...

SUGARTOWN

Softball finals will be played at Benton High School.

PapaHog

So since they won't be played at UCA now...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: PapaHog on May 14, 2018, 10:19:20 am
So since they won't be played at UCA now...

Read the post directly above yours.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 14, 2018, 10:05:28 am
Softball finals will be played at Benton High School.

This is great for Haskell Harmony Grove. Close game to home. Familiarity playing on that field. 

bleudog

May 14, 2018, 10:47:20 am #28 Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:50:02 am by bleudog
Until they change their minds again:

https://twitter.com/ArkActAssn/status/996042560165548032

Gray lizard

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 14, 2018, 09:52:48 am
You do realize a site has to WANT to host it right??

Now that is a true statement.  From My experience AAA likes to take 95% or more of the gate.  So extra money is not a reason to host.

Ozark Hog

Yeah its is for sure about the money the only thing AAA gives a d-m  about! It's not about the Kids who plays it about how big a salary these folk can make!!!
Like to see the pay scale for these folks, they are just like the government got there hand stuck out looking for every dime they can make off of someone else's work!!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ozark Hog on May 15, 2018, 09:43:47 am
Yeah its is for sure about the money the only thing AAA gives a d-m  about! It's not about the Kids who plays it about how big a salary these folk can make!!!
Like to see the pay scale for these folks, they are just like the government got there hand stuck out looking for every dime they can make off of someone else's work!!

Why are you so mad?

beach bum

Quote from: Ozark Hog on May 15, 2018, 09:43:47 am

At least make some points to back up what you are saying... You tell us what you would have done when options A and B had the rug pulled out from them at the last minute.

Ozark Hog

There was another college campus site that would have been better than a high school, but AAA didn't want to play there.

WHITEchicken

No way it should be changed this late in the game, but hopefully AAA learns from it and is better prepared for this scenario next time.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Ozark Hog on May 15, 2018, 11:20:20 am
There was another college campus site that would have been better than a high school, but AAA didn't want to play there.

Who?

Nomad1324

Please, do tell.

SouthpawSensation

Please expound your growing knowledge of the AAA situation ...

Gray lizard

Still looks like Arkansas Tech would be available.  I don't have a clue if they would want it.

bleudog

If you're implying ASU, I don't know about their softball facilities but their softball team doesn't even participate in the Sunbelt.  Their softball team competes as a club team.

MCNMC

Quote from: bleudog on May 15, 2018, 03:13:48 pm
If you're implying ASU, I don't know about their softball facilities but their softball team doesn't even participate in the Sunbelt.  Their softball team competes as a club team.

They have a field just south of the campus but play at Jonesboro HS and Southside complex. So any Little Rock park would be equivalent or better.

Yes a club team but National Champion club team.

bleudog

May 15, 2018, 08:50:10 pm #41 Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:50:35 am by bleudog
Quote from: MCNMC on May 15, 2018, 07:07:46 pm
They have a field just south of the campus but play at Jonesboro HS and Southside complex. So any Little Rock park would be equivalent or better.

I can respect a club sport team. 

"The Louisiana Tech Powerlifting Team is united in spirit, purpose, and heart with one goal in mind: adding to our current total of 33 Collegiate National Championships."

http://latechpowerlifting.com/?page_id=6
https://www.facebook.com/pg/LouisianaTechPowerLifting/about/

I was just surprised to see that ASU's softball team didn't compete in the Sunbelt.  And when I saw that, it made more sense that ASU possibly wasn't considered an option as a AAA championship field site.

Mulerider4Life

National Club team? How?

OB11

Quote from: bleudog on May 15, 2018, 08:50:10 pm
I can respect a club sport team. 

http://latechpowerlifting.com/?page_id=6
https://www.facebook.com/pg/LouisianaTechPowerLifting/about/

I was just surprised to see that ASU's softball team didn't compete in the Sunbelt.  And when I saw that it made more sense that ASU wasn't considered an option as a AAA field.

There is a big push from the community to make softball an official university sanctioned sport at ASU. The AD is on board to get it done. It will happen, just depends on how long it takes the money to come together.

Also, ASU's softball field on campus does not have lights. Hence the need to play at JHS or Southside softball complex.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on May 16, 2018, 07:51:26 am
National Club team? How?

The same way the Razorback hockey team is a club team.

bleudog

May 16, 2018, 09:52:42 am #45 Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:59:27 am by bleudog

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on May 16, 2018, 07:51:26 am
National Club team? How?

The NCAA has the money, but they're not always the only game in the country.

"The Louisiana Tech Powerlifting Team is united in spirit, purpose, and heart with one goal in mind: adding to our current total of 33 Collegiate National Championships."

https://www.usapowerlifting.com/national-results/

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas