• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Score thread

Started by HorseFeathers, February 28, 2018, 07:30:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

Wow. That's great. Congrats Westside.

J12

One of the best HS games you'll see all season. That game lived up to the billing.

Bbal789

Southside vs. Westside round 3 was definitely the game of the year so far. Grant Patterson and Alex Brogdon were on fire from three but Avery Felts just kept on responding. Westside played really good defense on the inside. Westside shut downWill Sitkowski. Gage Sheffield hit some really big threes for Westside when they needed it. Definitely worth the money.

Livewire

Girls: Riverview 45-Berryville 45. 4:19 left; Riverview ball

Livewire

51-49 Riverview. 50 seconds

Livewire

Riverview 55- Berryville 52 final girls
All 4a teams going to state from East Regional

Ozark Hog

Riverview might as well stay home, they are not going to beat CAC, the two games I watched Williams spent as much time at the free throw line as she did playing.
She has the ball most of the time and drives to basket knowing she is not going to get a foul called on her!!!!!!!!!!!! Super star status I guess she had a total of 3 fouls in 2 games. Just lucky I guess!
I will say this CAC coach better start looking for some more recruits he want have much next year if he doesn't get him some from some other schools.
Its time for all the private schools to start a league of their own.

Loverofthegame

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 03, 2018, 07:24:54 pm
Riverview might as well stay home, they are not going to beat CAC, the two games I watched Williams spent as much time at the free throw line as she did playing.
She has the ball most of the time and drives to basket knowing she is not going to get a foul called on her!!!!!!!!!!!! Super star status I guess she had a total of 3 fouls in 2 games. Just lucky I guess!
I will say this CAC coach better start looking for some more recruits he want have much next year if he doesn't get him some from some other schools.

Salty much. She wasn't recruited. Nor on scholarship. Can you just give credit where credit is due

J12

The young lady going to UConn is the real deal. She got 2 fouls called on her before halftime was up today.

Just because someone is better than everyone on the floor doesn't mean they get all the breaks. They probably work harder and make the plays happen. Some of you folks out here being petty as all get out over great talent.  Embrace it and don't be jealous.

Ozark Hog

The truth must hurt. She is a heck of a player but she not so good that she doesn't foul and the ref sure missed a few on her!!!!!!!!!!

Ozark Hog

She didn't have 2 fouls before half in todays game, better check your facts!

J12

She did. I was there. I was wondering if they were going to take her out.

Loverofthegame

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 03, 2018, 07:32:26 pm
The truth must hurt. She is a heck of a player but she not so good that she doesn't foul and the ref sure missed a few on her!!!!!!!!!!

You are so angry. Those calls wouldn't have changed an 80-53 win anyway. Give the girl credit. She works hard.

Ozark Hog

Hey I guess you have a hard time reading, what is my board name, I don't give a rats a-- about today's game, just stating my opinion!

J12

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 03, 2018, 07:51:30 pm
Hey I guess you have a hard time reading, what is my board name, I don't give a rats a-- about today's game, just stating my opinion!

Duly noted. Unfortunately it's not a smart one.

Ozark Hog

Yeah and what so great about J-12????????????? does that  (J) stand for jacka--????????????

J12

19-17 Prep over Riverview at the half.

Gray lizard

I saw what Ozark hog saw as well. I knew this would be the situation before the game. She is a talented player and the fact is Pottsville could not stop her or her team mates. Lack of free throw conversion is what lead to.the game getting out of control.

J12

John M.

I have absolutely no dog in this fight but I saw no bias for Willliams. I watched both games at Brookland and she is just a superior talent. If anything when she was grabbed around the neck on a drive in the 2nd half I thought it should have been an intentional. She never acted cocky...never showboated..just showed real class and an elite level of basketball ability. She won me over. I wish her well.

J12

Wow. McBride hits the game winner to send Prep to the finals. Two of the best guards in the state will square off next week.

🙏🏻

John M.

Quote from: J12 on March 03, 2018, 08:41:55 pm
Wow. McBride hits the game winner to send Prep to the finals. Two of the best guards in the state will square off next week.

should be a great matchup!!

J12

Quote from: John M. on March 03, 2018, 08:34:33 pm
I have absolutely no dog in this fight but I saw no bias for Willliams. I watched both games at Brookland and she is just a superior talent. If anything when she was grabbed around the neck on a drive in the 2nd half I thought it should have been an intentional. She never acted cocky...never showboated..just showed real class and an elite level of basketball ability. She won me over. I wish her well.

No joke?! She was intentionally fouled twice today and one was called. I thought Pottsville played well all well, but those 2 fouls were uncalled for.

Trust me, I've been in the side of "if you can't beat them, try to hurt them" this year. It shows mental weakensss.

Charlie1001

Quote from: J12 on March 03, 2018, 08:48:44 pm
No joke?! She was intentionally fouled twice today and one was called. I thought Pottsville played well all well, but those 2 fouls were uncalled for.

Trust me, I've been in the side of "if you can't beat them, try to hurt them" this year. It shows mental weakensss.

Christyn is one of the nicest and most humble kids you will meet in this generation.  She is also the most gifted basketball player to come out of our state in a long time.  It's amazing how people are on here bashing a kid because she has insane amount of ability and their kid doesn't.  Quit making excuses, she's just that good.

John M.

Quote from: Charlie1001 on March 03, 2018, 08:58:03 pm
Christyn is one of the nicest and most humble kids you will meet in this generation.  She is also the most gifted basketball player to come out of our state in a long time.  It's amazing how people are on here bashing a kid because she has insane amount of ability and their kid doesn't.  Quit making excuses, she's just that good.
From the 2 games I witnessed this week I agree 100%. Again, just an unbiased fan that lives in the area and wanted to see some good basketball. I was not disappointed.

Sigmund Sauer

Quit being a drama queen, not one person "bashed" her. What was said is that she's so talented people felt the officials were not calling fouls on her. Those are pretty big compliments, so don't bring that drama stuff acting like people are bashing some HS kid. Everyone has stated how talented she is.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Ozark Hog on March 03, 2018, 07:54:46 pm
Yeah and what so great about J-12????????????? does that  (J) stand for jacka--????????????

Good one, this is supposed to be a place for intelligent conversation about sports in Arkansas so let's try to keep it that way.

Charlie1001

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 03, 2018, 09:06:33 pm
Quit being a drama queen, not one person "bashed" her. What was said is that she's so talented people felt the officials were not calling fouls on her. Those are pretty big compliments, so don't bring that drama stuff acting like people are bashing some HS kid. Everyone has stated how talented she is.

LOL drama queen.  You need to read some more.  Ozark fans are probably still pissing and moaning about it.

J12

Quote from: Charlie1001 on March 03, 2018, 09:10:24 pm
LOL drama queen.  You need to read some more.  Ozark fans are probably still pissing and moaning about it.

You're right. The IQ level on this board is why Arkansas ranks 49th in he country.

LRRandy

I don't know her personally but have chatted with her briefly a couple times in the 4 years our paths have crossed. I have never witnessed her be anything but first class all the way. Beyond her all timer talent I think the thing I have been impressed with is her patience. When faced with box and one or triangle two she never showed frustration that I saw. She trotted out to mid court, let her teammates outnumber who was left and Chrystin would get her points in transition or when the gimmick defense was abandoned. I will miss watching her play in town. It has been a true pleasure.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: J12 on March 03, 2018, 09:11:18 pm
You're right. The IQ level on this board is why Arkansas ranks 49th in he country.
"the"

bbfan89

Williams is a great talent. I must say I found many of the CAC fans lacking in sportsmanship. The extreme berating of officials and a seeming sense of entitlement was not what I would expect from people associated with such an institution.

Ozark Hog

Just like all the private schools,sense of entitlement because of the money! That is why they should form their own league !

87DAWG

[/quote Christyn Williams is just better than everyone else on the floor night in and night out! She is stronger and quicker and knows the game! Wanna stop seeing her on the line! Tell the defenders to stop fouling her.

Bbal789

Quote from: 87DAWG on March 04, 2018, 12:01:06 pm
[/quote Christyn Williams is just better than everyone else on the floor night in and night out! She is stronger and quicker and knows the game! Wanna stop seeing her on the line! Tell the defenders to stop fouling her.

I would definitely disagree. Everyone though Baptist Prep boys would run through Riverview again a third time yesterday in the semifinals and instead it took a buzzer beater for them to win. Every game is different. Riverview boys adjusted to Mcbride yesterday enough to where they could stay in the game and that could happen with the girls. Are the chances slim?, yes, but anything could happen its March Madness.

Ozark Hog

I will want happen CAC will win it easy. Missed the Riverview , Berryville game which team had the most fouls called against them?

Livewire

I'm an impartial spectator. No dog in this hunt at all. I was at the game but don't recall the foul count. I thought it was called fairly. It was physical play and thought that style was to Riverview's advantage.
I wish the Berryville player would have pulled up and shot a 3 at end of the game to at least have given Berryville a chance to win. Would have made for a more thrilling conclusion to a great game. Guess she just lost track of the score.😏

Sigmund Sauer

Ozark Hog, check your messages, I responded to you. Please quit confusing J12' posts with mine. Send that crap to his inbox.

J12

Nah. Don't inbox me please. It will be deleted

Sigmund Sauer

March 04, 2018, 06:45:32 pm #189 Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 06:52:04 pm by Sigmund Sauer
lol, he was chewing on me because of the Arkansas IQ comment you made. He saw where I quoted you and guess thought I made the comment.

J12

Livewire

Haven't heard anything about the girl from Gravette that was injured.  Anyone know how she is doing?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas