• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

who's rolling going into state

Started by hooperfromwestside, February 24, 2018, 11:05:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hooperfromwestside

now we all know you gotta be playing good ball to win the state tournament. so who's playing the best ball right now

BannerChaser95

Two hottest boys teams have to be Kirby and Bay.

hooperfromwestside

bscinar

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 24, 2018, 11:07:36 pm
Two hottest boys teams have to be Kirby and Bay.
Bay boys are a 1 seed with a record under .500 -- serious question -- has that ever happened before?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: bscinar on February 24, 2018, 11:38:33 pm
Bay boys are a 1 seed with a record under .500 -- serious question -- has that ever happened before?
Before mixed conference I'd say no. Bay is playing EPC, Earle, Marked Tree and Marmaduke for conference games, not western yell county, and umpire.  Their record means nothing this time of the year. However I think that's the reason the record is the way it is.

bscinar

NEA is loaded this year - I agree the blended conference experiment has been a disaster....

beach bum

yesteryearman

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 24, 2018, 11:05:26 pm
now we all know you gotta be playing good ball to win the state tournament. so who's playing the best ball right now

Kirby Consolidated will roll thru their half of the bracket.....beating everyone by at least 20.....and then face either Guy (Hutchcraft) or Bay (Brannen)......Hutchcraft in his last game or arguably the top 1A coach in the state.....either way, Kirby will have to earn that last one to finally be able to hang a banner.....

girls......only two girls teams in the tournament.......Norfork or Wonderview.....probably Wonderview..

thebigman3

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 25, 2018, 08:56:23 am
Kirby Consolidated will roll thru their half of the bracket.....beating everyone by at least 20.....and then face either Guy (Hutchcraft) or Bay (Brannen)......Hutchcraft in his last game or arguably the top 1A coach in the state.....either way, Kirby will have to earn that last one to finally be able to hang a banner.....

girls......only two girls teams in the tournament.......Norfork or Wonderview.....probably Wonderview..
I may be misunderstanding.., but I don't think Kirby is going to "roll thru" their side of the bracket.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 25, 2018, 11:31:06 am
I may be misunderstanding.., but I don't think Kirby is going to "roll thru" their side of the bracket.
What do you think then?

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 25, 2018, 11:46:39 am
What do you think then?
I have Kirby winning their Quad.. now if I was a betting man  my best bet is playing Omaha and ICC, just don't see them "rolling thru" those games.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 25, 2018, 11:57:11 am
I have Kirby winning their Quad.. now if I was a betting man  my best bet is playing Omaha and ICC, just don't see them "rolling thru" those games.
Omaha better cross their t's and dot their i's to beat Maumelle Charter. Icc is 3 points away from losing to rector. Wouldn't think Nevada's a push over this time of the year either.

I'm doing a 180 from you. I'm taking Kirby and Mc, Kirby takes care of business and Nevada handles ICC. Kirby Nevada part 3.

yesteryearman

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 25, 2018, 11:57:11 am

Kirby has easiest route to Hot Springs of any school in any year of recent memory....what is standing in their way?

Region 1......overrated, underscheduled, notoriously weak
Woodlawn.......A baseball school
Omaha....folding their tents
Izard....a year away maybe
Nevada....Kirby has mercy ruled them at least twice
Acorn...They haven't beaten or even played close to Kirby in a decade..

If Kirby ever is going to win it all, it is this year.....they got the move-ins and a very down year in 1A...

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 25, 2018, 12:45:12 pm
Kirby has easiest route to Hot Springs of any school in any year of recent memory....what is standing in their way?

Region 1......overrated, underscheduled, notoriously weak
Woodlawn.......A baseball school
Omaha....folding their tents
Izard....a year away maybe
Nevada....Kirby has mercy ruled them at least twice
Acorn...They haven't beaten or even played close to Kirby in a decade..

If Kirby ever is going to win it all, it is this year.....they got the move-ins and a very down year in 1A...
I agree with most of this, the Kirby boys are firing on all cylinders. Seems like they have blinders on, but ICC, Omaha, and Nevada still are good teams. The left side of the bracket is a much bigger task than the right. I think Guy and armorel should be a good game, Bay and County Line will be a fun one.  I think bay and guy duke it out in the semis.

J.D.

Quote from: rebelfan on February 25, 2018, 01:06:47 pm
Norfork defeated Wonderview by one point early this season. If they both make it to the finals it could go either way.There are also the chance of both of them getting upset and not making it, but I don't think that will happen.

They should meet in the state semi-finals.  Again. 

HorseFeathers

Norfork defeated Wonderview by one point early this season. If they both make it to the finals it could go either way.There are also the chance of both of them getting upset and not making it, but I don't think that will happen.

With the way the boys region tournaments went....anything is definitely possible...

super fan

MVE vs Guy part 5!!!!  MVE has 5 scoring threats. Guy... well they're Guy.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: super fan on February 25, 2018, 02:13:26 pm
MVE vs Guy part 5!!!!  MVE has 5 scoring threats. Guy... well they're Guy.
are you trying to say they have more scoring threats than guy?

J.D.

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 25, 2018, 02:55:38 pm

One thing I will say about MVE is that they don't lean too heavily on any particular player. 

Any of the five that they put on the floor can score in bunches, quickly.

super fan

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 25, 2018, 02:55:38 pm
Yes. Guy has role players. They play there roll well.

eamo8911

Quote from: rebelfan on February 25, 2018, 04:20:22 pm
Bay boys are #1 because they upset the number one team Izard County and won the regional tournament. Izard County is playing the worst they have played all year at the time they need to be playing the best. They should have a good team for the next 4-5 years. One freshman and two sophomores start. I am not sure what grade the other two starters are in. They have a junior team who will be moving up, and they only lost one game this season. They should have a good chance to win the state in the next few years, but that don't mean they will. With all the move ins and foreign exchange students you never know what a team will be like the next year. They may even get a foreign exchange student. They had one two years ago from the Czech Republic.

I don't think ICC was #1 before their loss. A contender, yes, but pretty sure most thought Omaha was #1 and CL a close second with Kirby and ICC not far behind. 

I still think they can do it if, and I mean If, they come out all cylinders firing. Same for Omaha and CL who have tough draws next week as well.

If anything, I think their losses make the tournament more exciting.

Props to Bay, but I don't see them winning it nor making the final four. 

BannerChaser95

Bay is 15-20. They can't be #1 with 20 losses. I'm sorry, bias as I may be. But is their ANY way Kirby isn't #1?

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 25, 2018, 04:40:37 pm
Bay is 15-20. They can't be #1 with 20 losses. I'm sorry, bias as I may be. But is their ANY way Kirby isn't #1?
They have the resume'

bscinar

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 25, 2018, 09:06:21 pm
They have the resume'
Bay boys have been a mystery this year - they have won games they shouldn't have and lost games they should have won.  They are a young team with only 1 senior that is a role / bench player and the youth / lack of experience has cost them several games this year.

bscinar

Quote from: J.D. on February 25, 2018, 01:08:16 pm
They should meet in the state semi-finals.  Again.
The Wonderview / Bay rematch of last years finals - in the quarterfinals could be the game of the tournament.  Bay girls had a tough road last year and made it - can they catch lightning in a bottle two years in a row?

Love State Tourney time -- put me in coach

eamo8911

Quote from: bscinar on February 25, 2018, 09:23:42 pm
Bay boys have been a mystery this year - they have won games they shouldn't have and lost games they should have won.  They are a young team with only 1 senior that is a role / bench player and the youth / lack of experience has cost them several games this year.

Exactly why I still think ICC has a shot for it all, though struggling with Ridgefield the first half  and Rector  throughout was also troubling.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: super fan on February 25, 2018, 03:59:36 pm
Yes. Guy has role players. They play there roll well.
They have 4 kids that can go for 30 on any given night if not guarded right. Mve has 3 kids that would have to absolutely go off to do that. And if you don't believe me then ask to see the scorebook next game. Hutch might let ya.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: J.D. on February 25, 2018, 03:12:46 pm
One thing I will say about MVE is that they don't lean too heavily on any particular player. 

Any of the five that they put on the floor can score in bunches, quickly.
Well I disagree. If the little shooters aren't hitting 3's the they won't score more than 5.. which was proven last night. Guy has 3 guards that can drive and shoot to go with that. I think Tipton may have finally got his head on straight when they played mve last night.

Central Ark

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 25, 2018, 10:38:16 pm
Well I disagree. If the little shooters aren't hitting 3's the they won't score more than 5.. which was proven last night. Guy has 3 guards that can drive and shoot to go with that. I think Tipton may have finally got his head on straight when they played mve last night.
They had unknown big put up 20 last night and a freshman put up 13 in the first half against WV. They have a bunch of kids that have the ability to score.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Central Ark on February 25, 2018, 10:41:45 pm
They had unknown big put up 20 last night and a freshman put up 13 in the first half against WV. They have a bunch of kids that have the ability to score.
Yeah they do. But I disagree with them having more scorers than guy.. lol

hooperfromwestside

February 25, 2018, 11:14:20 pm #31 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:18:11 pm by hooperfromwestside
Quote from: Central Ark on February 25, 2018, 10:41:45 pm
The "unknown big" has been starting most of the year for them. And how many did the freshman have against guy? I mean y'all hate on guys defense so much, shouldn't he of had 30? I mean according to how y'all hate on guys defense.

eamo8911

February 25, 2018, 11:26:29 pm #32 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:29:23 pm by eamo8911
Quote from: rebelfan on February 25, 2018, 10:55:39 pm
When I posted earlier I didn't know Norfork and Wonderview were on the same side of the bracket. As for Izard County being #1, all I know is  that the one who broadcasted the game said that. I don't know where he got his info. Izard County's starting five will all be back next year, and will have some freshmen from a junior team that only lost once this year. The last three games they played horrible. I would think they would have a better chance next year to win it all. They may not win a state title, but if they don't they are losing a good chance to win it. They won state in 2007 or 2008 I think. Their coach played on that team. He is one of the best coaches in this area. I can't speak for the rest of the state.

According to Maxpreps they were,  but has proven not to be very reliable.

And 2008. 2007, they squeaked by WSGF only to face Fayetteville Christian

J.D.

Quote from: bscinar on February 25, 2018, 09:29:40 pm
The Wonderview / Bay rematch of last years finals - in the quarterfinals could be the game of the tournament.  Bay girls had a tough road last year and made it - can they catch lightning in a bottle two years in a row?

Love State Tourney time -- put me in coach

Very possible.  Bay girls have done a really good job filling the void that is Whitlee Layne.

I know Bay Sr.Girls were more than just one girl last year, but she was such a big part of their success. It really is impressive.

J.D.

Quote from: eamo8911 on February 25, 2018, 11:26:29 pm
According to Maxpreps they were,  but has proven not to be very reliable.

And 2008. 2007, they squeaked by WSGF only to face Fayetteville Christian

In 08 they defeated Nevada in the State Finals.

They were eliminated by a very good Fayetteville Christian team in 07 during the second round I believe. 

playhard

Norfork girls have not stopped rolling this year. Wonderview has not lost recently but had some closer games than expected in regionals. These 2 have separated themselves from the rest of the field. If everyone wins their first games as expected, the state rankings matchup of #2  WV vs #3 Bay with the winner getting to play #1 Norfork in the semis should be very good.

Central Ark

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 25, 2018, 11:14:20 pm
The "unknown big" has been starting most of the year for them. And how many did the freshman have against guy? I mean y'all hate on guys defense so much, shouldn't he of had 30? I mean according to how y'all hate on guys defense.
Nowhere in my quote did I talk about guy. So there's no hating there, also I haven't even discussed Guy this year. Don't know where "y'all" comes from, but you keep defending Guy from Westside.

JimmyChitwood

I'm taking West Side. Oh wait, they're not in it!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on February 26, 2018, 08:16:04 am
They're apparently living vicariously through Guy..

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 26, 2018, 08:16:55 am
They're apparently living vicariously through Guy..
On a serious note, Guy is going to be hard to beat. It is Hutch's last year. The man in denim will bring a good team to state but you never can tell.

eamo8911

Quote from: J.D. on February 26, 2018, 12:50:06 am
In 08 they defeated Nevada in the State Finals.

They were eliminated by a very good Fayetteville Christian team in 07 during the second round I believe.

That's exactly what I said . . .

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on February 26, 2018, 08:16:04 am
Isn't your team south side? No room to y'all there

NEArkie

Heard on the radio this morning Bays coach was being interviewed and he said going into postseason Bay boy's record was 12-21 and now they are 16-22.

ballislife101

Quote from: beach bum on February 25, 2018, 12:03:29 am
Fear the Deer Antlers ....
Armorel will give them a early ride home more than likely, do not sleep on them, they competed very well without one of their starters out all regional play.

D6Bound

Bay's got to get past County Line before we start talking about them "duking it out" against Guy.

D6Bound

Imma place my bets on seeing Kirby and Guy in the finals and Kirby going home with the trophy

Lujk246

Quote from: NEArkie on February 26, 2018, 10:01:13 am
Heard on the radio this morning Bays coach was being interviewed and he said going into postseason Bay boy's record was 12-21 and now they are 16-22.
The talent Bay played against in the blended conference was something no other team in 1a played against. Toughest schedule by far.. look for them to make a run this week.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Lujk246 on February 26, 2018, 11:09:22 am
The talent Bay played against in the blended conference was something no other team in 1a played against. Toughest schedule by far.. look for them to make a run this week.
That bay team has also lost some real head scratchers. They've got a good County Line team who will have an extra game experience on them come tomorrow if they take care of business this evening.

Bears_94

What is nice about that is the top three is girls will take care of each other and give the 3 rd and 4 th teams an entrance to finals. Thank you AAA your system worked out perfect 😌

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Bears_94 on February 26, 2018, 01:24:49 pm
What is nice about that is the top three is girls will take care of each other and give the 3 rd and 4 th teams an entrance to finals. Thank you AAA your system worked out perfect 😌
I feel like this conversation happens every year though. 2015 Kirby and Bay boys were on the same side, along with Kirby and Nemo girls, 2016 Guy, and Bay boys were on the same side

All considered to be top teams. I don't think that's AAA's fault. That's just seeding that happened. It's the games like MVE and Acorn boys being a 2 vs a 2 in the first round of state. Both top 10 teams. Both with a good shot at beating Kingston boys... yet ones trips super short. That's where I find the problem.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas