• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores

Started by BannerChaser95, February 02, 2018, 08:32:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle_Mom_2

February 09, 2018, 01:47:20 pm #50 Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 09:09:29 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
Quote from: Flobbito on February 09, 2018, 11:05:52 am
Apparently there is a AAA rule that says if you don't play all of your scheduled that your not eligible to play in any post season games, and somebody notified the AAA that they hadn't made this game up so they had to throw it together at the last minute.

Flobbito

February 09, 2018, 03:38:17 pm #51 Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:20:37 pm by Flobbito
Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on February 09, 2018, 01:47:20 pm
Lol, how's that?? There's tons of games every year that don't get played due to weather, testing schedule changes, schoolwide illness. Heck, some teams get to the week before district and cancel on other teams if they're concerned about injuries, I mean I could go on but this happens every year. Never heard of a team missing postseason because of it.
Now, if they had a contract between schools and one school wanted out of the game and the other didn't, I could see it being mandatory it was played. But if both schools agreed not to play, ain't either one of them getting kept from postseason play.

Section 3, rule 4, on page 24 of the handbook.  They were under contract (this rule implies that all games are) and evidently the schools didn't mutually agree to not play the game, and one or the other school was not willing to pay not to play.  So the words "Failure to make such payment may cause the school to be penalized by suspension" of this rule is why they were worried about not getting to play in the upcoming tournaments. BTW, I have no inside information about this game, just repeating what I read on another board.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Flobbito on February 09, 2018, 11:05:52 am
Apparently there is a AAA rule that says if you don't play all of your scheduled that your not eligible to play in any post season games, and somebody notified the AAA that they hadn't made this game up so they had to throw it together at the last minute.

That would be refusing to make up/play a conference game...at least I've never heard of that being the case for a nonconference game

Moonshiner

I have since found out some information.  A third school turned , i assume Salem, into the AAA.  There was a tie in the blended girls conference.  Salem  hadn't counted the other game with Norfork because they never played.  This led to a tie for I think second place.  Which really didn't matter because Salem goes to a 2A district tournament.
I'll give you a potato Chip if you can guess which school turned them in.
Actually I can't do that since I don't know the answer. 
But....there are plenty of other schools that didn't finish out their conference play. 

Bears_94

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 09, 2018, 04:15:55 pm
I have since found out some information.  A third school turned , i assume Salem, into the AAA.  There was a tie in the blended girls conference.  Salem  hadn't counted the other game with Norfork because they never played.  This led to a tie for I think second place.  Which really didn't matter because Salem goes to a 2A district tournament.
I'll give you a potato Chip if you can guess which school turned them in.
Actually I can't do that since I don't know the answer. 
But....there are plenty of other schools that didn't finish out their conference play.

Did the third school accomplish their goal?

Bomberman

58-33 Norfork girls defeat Jasper

oldfireguy

February 09, 2018, 07:52:25 pm #56 Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:39:04 pm by oldfireguy
SR Boys:
Western Grove 35
Omaha     24      Halftime

Western Grove 59
Omaha     62          Final

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: oldfireguy on February 09, 2018, 07:52:25 pm
SR Boys:
Western Grove 35
thought Omaha was top notch

Flobbito

4real

That is not necessarily fact.  There have been a number of canceled games over the years that were never made up prior to teams enters the postseason tournaments.  If the game does not make any impact on seedlings and pairings it might not be made up. Seen it happen before.

BannerChaser95

Kirby girls by 30 over Nevada

BannerChaser95

Kirby boys by 10 over Nevada. Sluggish slow game.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Bears_94 on February 09, 2018, 06:57:00 pm
Did the third school accomplish their goal?

Kinda depends on what their goal was.  I heard it was Mammoth, so maybe you can tell us.

thebigman3

Quote from: oldfireguy on February 09, 2018, 07:52:25 pm
SR Boys:
Western Grove 35

Western Grove 59
Omaha     62          Final
So... are y'all just not gonna freak out how yalll would freak out if Western Grove got this close to beating Guy?

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 10, 2018, 12:17:43 am
So... are y'all just not gonna freak out how yalll would freak out if Western Grove got this close to beating Guy?
Paranoid!!!

no mascot

Mammoth spring girls beat Lead Hill in Overtime.

Mammoth boys won by abt a dozen.

hogheaven11

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 09, 2018, 11:24:12 pm
Kinda depends on what their goal was.  I heard it was Mammoth, so maybe you can tell us.

Whoever did it Norfork and Salem should be thankful. Better now than to find out next week and to have to forfeit.

Moonshiner

Quote from: hogheaven11 on February 10, 2018, 08:46:57 am
Whoever did it Norfork and Salem should be thankful. Better now than to find out next week and to have to forfeit.

Have heard today that someone else turned in Norfork for another game that someone didn't want to reschedule with Norfork. 
So here's what you have.  Teams don't reschedule with Norfork because they dont want to get beat, and it appears that someone is trying to use that to benefit themselves by making Norfork ineligible for post season play .  To me, that's the definition of pathetic.  Regardless of who the school is.

Moonshiner

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 10, 2018, 12:17:43 am

Western  Grove could and would  beat Bay by 20.  Something Guy couldn't do.  They have almost beaten Deer twice. They have a good team.

HorseFeathers

Western Grove would be competitive in region 3....the Baker kid is the best scorer that nobody has heard of... He puts up 20+ a night despite being double and tripled team a lot of nights.

That said....Omaha probably got caught looking ahead last night...

Should we give MVE some hate for losing to a team that is the 5 seed in a not so good 2a district by 17?

hogheaven11

February 10, 2018, 10:49:01 am #70 Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:00:07 am by hogheaven11
Quote from: Moonshiner on February 10, 2018, 10:25:40 am
Have heard today that someone else turned in Norfork for another game that someone didn't want to reschedule with Norfork. 
So here's what you have.  Teams don't reschedule with Norfork because they dont want to get beat, and it appears that someone is trying to use that to benefit themselves by making Norfork ineligible for post season play .  To me, that's the definition of pathetic.  Regardless of who the school is.

If someone wanted to make Norfork ineligible they would've wait till next week to call AAA. Not give them time to make it up. Lol you don't make sense

Moonshiner

Quote from: hogheaven11 on February 10, 2018, 10:49:01 am
If someone wanted to make Norfork ineligible they would wait till next week to call AAA. Not give them time to make it up. Lol you don't make sense

I'm just telling you what I was told from a person at Norfork.  Their administration is pretty upset, and supposedly, so is the AAA.
It makes sense if you wait until the last Friday before district and not give someone time to turn that in.
The supers from both schools have to write letters to the AAA and the problem is solved. 

Bomberman

Just by looking at the schedule my guess is that the other missed game was against Flippin. If that is the case they better figure something out fast.  Because Flippin plays in district today, so I would guess they would be ineligible as well.   I don't understand why a forfeit doesn't count. If Flippin chose to forfeit the game then why does it matter if they play or not.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Bomberman on February 10, 2018, 11:06:27 am
  Just by looking at the schedule my guess is that the other missed game was against Flippin. If that is the case they better figure something out fast.  Because Flippin plays in district today, so I would guess they would be ineligible as well.   I don't understand why a forfeit doesn't count. If Flippin chose to forfeit the game then why does it matter if they play or not.

That's exactly what happened.  And it does count that way.  But the AAA needs to hear it from both sides evidently. Just another tacky attempt by an adult to mess with a group of high school girls.

HorseFeathers

If flippin chose to forfeit, then THEY refused to play not norfork...

Sounds like someone is scared of Norfork to me....

BannerMountainMan

Heard Guy beat Pangburn 107-97. That's a lot of points allowed against a team Norfork just beat. Pangburn is one of the worst offenses in the league wow

Bomberman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 10, 2018, 11:30:46 am
If flippin chose to forfeit, then THEY refused to play not norfork...

Sounds like someone is scared of Norfork to me....
I hope the AAA let's the schools know who is the group reporting and it would be nice if they got to meet up with Norfork in the districts and regionals.

Flobbito

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 10, 2018, 10:25:40 am

Has anyone read the rule I referenced above?  By that rule, if both teams agree not to reschedule they dont have to, or if one wants to reschedule and the other won't/can't they have to remunerate the other team for not rescheduling. Unless there is another rule that adds to cancellations a third team has no dog in this hunt. If I'm reading it wrong someone let me know, page 24 of the 2017-2018 AAA rule book.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Flobbito on February 10, 2018, 11:46:11 am
Has anyone read the rule I referenced above?  By that rule, if both teams agree not to reschedule they dont have to, or if one wants to reschedule and the other won't/can't they have to remunerate the other team for not rescheduling. Unless there is another rule that adds to cancellations a third team has no dog in this hunt. If I'm reading it wrong someone let me know, page 24 of the 2017-2018 AAA rule book.

Is that available online?

BW2015

Should we give MVE some hate for losing to a team that is the 5 seed in a not so good 2a district by 17?
[/quote]

Wow!  I would like to know the story behind this.  MVE has been playing pretty well recently and CCS isn't very good.  Anyone have any details?

Flobbito

February 10, 2018, 12:46:17 pm #80 Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:01:01 pm by Flobbito
Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 10, 2018, 12:08:22 pm
Is that available online?

Yes AAA website, bottom left its a PDF called the AAA Handbook

Flobbito

Rule 4. CONTRACTS BETWEEN SCHOOLS.
A. Scheduled contests among members of the association shall be covered by contracts drawn up on
regular AAA contract forms. Contracts may be cancelled only upon mutual agreement in writing
between the two schools involved.
NOTE: An exception to this requirement may be made by the Executive Director when it is
determined that a schedule change is necessary for a school to be in compliance with a change of
rules and regulations adopted by the Governing Body. Contractual agreements exceeding one year
shall be limited to and shall coincide with reclassification cycles.
B. A school canceling a game or contest without mutual consent shall:
1. forfeit the game,
2. pay the stipulated forfeiture fee of the contract,
3. reimburse the other involved school for all reasonable financial obligations incurred in their
preparation for the scheduled contest.
The school canceling a contract without mutual agreement may not schedule another contest during
the week prescribed in the contract that was canceled. All forfeitures and reimbursements shall be
made within thirty (30) days following the designated contract date canceled. Failure to make such
payment may cause the school to be penalized by suspension.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 10, 2018, 11:40:05 am
Heard Guy beat Pangburn 107-97. That's a lot of points allowed against a team Norfork just beat. Pangburn is one of the worst offenses in the league wow
right. But your forgetting the part Guy was winning by 40 when the regulars played. The C team played most the second half and let them come back. Then the starters had to go back in and close it off. No excuse for our C team though. Yeah they were playing starters but gotta do better than that.

Blueway

Quote from: BW2015 on February 10, 2018, 12:35:54 pm

Wow!  I would like to know the story behind this.  MVE has been playing pretty well recently and CCS isn't very good.  Anyone have any details?
. Only 2 starters dressed

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 10, 2018, 11:02:51 am
I'm just telling you what I was told from a person at Norfork.  Their administration is pretty upset, and supposedly, so is the AAA.
It makes sense if you wait until the last Friday before district and not give someone time to turn that in.
The supers from both schools have to write letters to the AAA and the problem is solved.
LOL! Nobody takes Combover I mean Hulse serious!

Moonshiner

Quote from: SackAttack on February 10, 2018, 05:08:05 pm
LOL! Nobody takes Combover I mean Hulse serious!

That's probably true, but it's still pretty pathetic

Moonshiner

I have also heard that one of the best referees in central Arkansas is a guy named Chris.   Just sayin

Majorpain

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 10, 2018, 11:09:46 am
That's exactly what happened.  And it does count that way.  But the AAA needs to hear it from both sides evidently. Just another tacky attempt by an adult to mess with a group of high school girls.
Flippin did forfeit this is just typical Mammoth drama. Nothing new to see here no one expects anything different. Mammoth wants a paved road to a state championship go to their gym watch a game their trailer movie is awesome. Maybe they will bring their movie screen on the road for the tournaments.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Majorpain on February 10, 2018, 08:55:46 pm
Flippin did forfeit this is just typical Mammoth drama. Nothing new to see here no one expects anything different. Mammoth wants a paved road to a state championship go to their gym watch a game their trailer movie is awesome. Maybe they will bring their movie screen on the road for the tournaments.

Is that how Bay got there last year?  Tator Chip for your answer

Majorpain

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 10, 2018, 09:01:59 pm
Is that how Bay got there last year?  Tator Chip for your answer
😂 well if the shoe fits

Moonshiner

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas