• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores

Started by BannerChaser95, February 02, 2018, 08:32:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

Kirby girls 70
Dierks 42

BannerChaser95

Kirby 19
Dierks 18
End of 1st. Goood game so far

BannerChaser95

Dierks 42
Kirby 32
Half.  Dierks playing very very well.

Bomberman

Norfork girls beat Bakersfield (MO) tonight 68-26

BannerChaser95

Dierks 55
Kirby 48
End of 3

BannerChaser95

Kirby boys finally get a 3 to fall. Hard night of shooting

Diners 63
Kirby 54
4:15 to go

BannerChaser95

Dierks 64
Kirby 59

2:58 to go

BannerChaser95

TIE BALL GAME 66

1:23 to go dierks ball

BannerChaser95

Kirby 69
Dierks 66
Dierks ball after time out.

BannerChaser95

KIRBY WITH THE COMEBACK.

71-68 final. DIERKS has absolutely nothing to hold their heads about.  Great great game from both teams. Dierks homeslt probably shot 70% in the first half. Look forward to district, and possibly regional match ups.

HOGS1976

It was a great game, I said at first of years Outlaws could be a dark horse, hats off to Kirby great come back win, it truly was an awesome game!!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HOGS1976 on February 03, 2018, 04:06:14 am
It was a great game, I said at first of years Outlaws could be a dark horse, hats off to Kirby great come back win, it truly was an awesome game!!
I think with dierks coming to play Region 4 just got that much stronger tonight. Dierks is a top 7-8 team along with County Line and Kirby!! I just hope they can shoot like that every night they're not playing the Trojans, they'll be hard to beat.

BannerMountainMan

St Joe Girls won, Shirley boys won

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2018, 05:39:59 am
I think with dierks coming to play Region 4 just got that much stronger tonight. Dierks is a top 7-8 team along with County Line and Kirby!! I just hope they can shoot like that every night they're not playing the Trojans, they'll be hard to beat.

How many Dierks' players are juniors or sophs........school choice, you know.......

SackAttack

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 03, 2018, 03:09:30 pm
How many Dierks' players are juniors or sophs........school choice, you know.......
How far is Dierks from Kirby and are they happy at Dierks??

BannerChaser95

Quote from: SackAttack on February 03, 2018, 04:01:34 pm
How far is Dierks from Kirby and are they happy at Dierks??
Im fixing to really throw you guys for a spin when I say this then, cause HOGS1976 graduated at Kirby, his son played ball for Kirby, his oldest child graduated at Kirby and he moved to new hope and moved his boys to dierks. He possibly had 20-25 last night for dierks

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2018, 04:12:47 pm
Im fixing to really throw you guys for a spin when I say this then, cause HOGS1976 graduated at Kirby, his son played ball for Kirby, his oldest child graduated at Kirby and he moved to new hope and moved his boys to dierks. He possibly had 20-25 last night for dierks

Well, you can't win get them all.........I mean you can't win them all......every recruiting coordinator whiff's on one every now and then..........

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2018, 04:12:47 pm

Approach this from a different direction.........how long has he been at Dierks?  and if you took the guys off the Kirby roster who haven't been at Kirby as long as  this kid has been at Dierks  who would have won the game?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 03, 2018, 06:34:59 pm
Approach this from a different direction.........how long has he been at Dierks?  and if you took the guys off the Kirby roster who haven't been at Kirby as long as  this kid has been at Dierks  who would have won the game?
The final score said 71-68, that's as deep as I'll look into it, kids go where they want to succeed at what they do. He moved for football and he is going to Henderson to play! So it worked out best for him, those kids moved from Caddo, 3 coaches in as many seasons. Funny though, both were legal move ins, both moving in to respective school districts. But you old timers don't see that that way, I get it!

Bosshog34

February 03, 2018, 09:17:01 pm #19 Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:37:09 pm by Bosshog34
I'm not sure many boys have moved from dierks to Kirby. Not sure why that is the case but I think it has to do with dierks has always been more of a baseball and football school. Looks like things might be changing so we will see in the coming years

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 03, 2018, 07:10:53 pm
The final score said 71-68, that's as deep as I'll look into it, kids go where they want to succeed at what they do. He moved for football and he is going to Henderson to play! So it worked out best for him, those kids moved from Caddo, 3 coaches in as many seasons. Funny though, both were legal move ins, both moving in to respective school districts. But you old timers don't see that that way, I get it!

At the end of the day it sounds like and looks like  if (when) Kirby wins it all this year it will only be because of move-ins......they can't or won't win it without them......and yes the same can be said of Guy last year or maybe this year, and Bay might still have won it all couple of years ago without Watson, but I doubt it.....so, if Kirby doesn't win it all, and gets knocked out by anybody except Guy, it will be by teams such as County Line, Deer, Omaha, etc, who have no significant move-ins and are using home grown and home developed talent.....call me old if you want, but thatt is the way it always was.....until Fayetteville Christian, Guy, Kirby and others moved the bar way to the other side.......yea, I know school choice......convenient truth.......

BannerChaser95

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 04, 2018, 03:11:16 pm
At the end of the day it sounds like and looks like  if (when) Kirby wins it all this year it will only be because of move-ins......they can't or won't win it without them......and yes the same can be said of Guy last year or maybe this year, and Bay might still have won it all couple of years ago without Watson, but I doubt it.....so, if Kirby doesn't win it all, and gets knocked out by anybody except Guy, it will be by teams such as County Line, Deer, Omaha, etc, who have no significant move-ins and are using home grown and home developed talent.....call me old if you want, but thatt is the way it always was.....until Fayetteville Christian, Guy, Kirby and others moved the bar way to the other side.......yea, I know school choice......convenient truth.......
Are we handing out awards for teams that have players who have went to school for 13-12-11 years or do these kids get something from winning games? Kirby made semis in 2015 with 5 starters who went to Kirby the whole 13 years. Beating all the teams in the area, a couple points from beating that bay team and would have beat the Emerson with out Reaves team. But I don't go "oh man the move in is the only reason they won" he played their all season and was apart
Of that team, that family just like these kids are at Kirby now? Is the unspoken rule you old people go by that they have to go to school k-12?!? That's almost unheard of these days with the parents moving kids. Not even sports kids, everyone. Get off the high horse you're on that the kids can't move to better themselves. Lord knows that I know of for a fact 88-89 caddo recruited this area hard won state and almost won overall. Guess what? No  ones saying, "Wow those kids moved in during 9th grade. They shouldn't be here." No, they said "wow, they almost beat pine bluff... " see, it doesn't matter. I'm sure some hold grudges like you lol but to most it doesn't matter. Blame the parents.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 04, 2018, 04:08:08 pm
Are we handing out awards for teams that have players who have went to school for 13-12-11 years or do these kids get something from winning games? Kirby made semis in 2015 with 5 starters who went to Kirby the whole 13 years. Beating all the teams in the area, a couple points from beating that bay team and would have beat the Emerson with out Reaves team. But I don't go "oh man the move in is the only reason they won" he played their all season and was apart
Of that team, that family just like these kids are at Kirby now? Is the unspoken rule you old people go by that they have to go to school k-12?!? That's almost unheard of these days with the parents moving kids. Not even sports kids, everyone. Get off the high horse you're on that the kids can't move to better themselves. Lord knows that I know of for a fact 88-89 caddo recruited this area hard won state and almost won overall. Guess what? No  ones saying, "Wow those kids moved in during 9th grade. They shouldn't be here." No, they said "wow, they almost beat pine bluff... " see, it doesn't matter. I'm sure some hold grudges like you lol but to most it doesn't matter. Blame the parents.

Going gets tough....run somewhere else 😉

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 04, 2018, 04:42:47 pm
Going gets tough....run somewhere else 😉
being a stand out in a 17–and 15 team gets old 🤷🏼‍♂️

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 04, 2018, 05:03:34 pm
being a stand out in a 17–and 15 team gets old 🤷🏼‍♂️

Life ain't easy

Bosshog34

Kirby beat dierks by 30 twice last year. Is Dierks that much better this year or is Kirby just not as good as they were last year?

BannerChaser95

February 05, 2018, 03:52:16 am #26 Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:54:17 am by BannerChaser95
Quote from: Bosshog34 on February 04, 2018, 10:31:52 pm
Kirby beat dierks by 30 twice last year. Is Dierks that much better this year or is Kirby just not as good as they were last year?
Kirby is better than last season by quite a bit. Guards are able to beat most off the dribble, can shoot with any team this season (wasn't feeling it this night though). Dierks shot about 65-70% in the firsf half, hitting contested 3's drawed the defense out, opened up the inside for fox. Dierks is good, may have had a freakishly good game at home, Sr. Night. But it was a really really good game from two very good teams. Reminded me of Shirley/Kirby state tournament match up and the gym felt like it to. Except for the nose bleed you get at dierks gym lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 05, 2018, 03:52:16 am
Kirby is better than last season by quite a bit. Guards are able to beat most off the dribble, can shoot with any team this season (wasn't feeling it this night though). Dierks shot about 65-70% in the firsf half, hitting contested 3's drawed the defense out, opened up the inside for fox. Dierks is good, may have had a freakishly good game at home, Sr. Night. But it was a really really good game from two very good teams. Reminded me of Shirley/Kirby state tournament match up and the gym felt like it to. Except for the nose bleed you get at dierks gym lol

Do you sleep?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 05, 2018, 05:43:26 am
Do you sleep?
Some of us don't have the luxury of weekends off, and 9-5's. Asleep last night by 9. 😴😴

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 05, 2018, 03:52:16 am

dierks is 18-6... im js yall would have a field day if guy lost to them or only beat them 3.. lolol

thebigman3

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 05, 2018, 08:40:39 am
dierks is 18-6... im js yall would have a field day if guy lost to them or only beat them 3.. lolol
And you ain't wrong lol

BannerChaser95

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 05, 2018, 08:40:39 am
Three losses with out any football players. Soooo the entire starting five. Next on that agenda is they beat sacred heart, at sacred heart over winter break by 6. Guy perkins beat sacred heart at sacred heart by 13.

With the football players on the team dierks is 17-3 with losses to Dover over break, Nashville at Nashville who's been all over the place this year but 4A none the less, and Kirby. Not to bad a resume if they play like they did against Kirby from here on out. I'd watch out for the 18-6 outlaws!!

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 05, 2018, 08:56:03 am
Three losses with out any football players. Soooo the entire starting five. Next on that agenda is they beat sacred heart, at sacred heart over winter break by 6. Guy perkins beat sacred heart at sacred heart by 13.

With the football players on the team dierks is 17-3 with losses to Dover over break, Nashville at Nashville who's been all over the place this year but 4A none the less, and Kirby. Not to bad a resume if they play like they did against Kirby from here on out. I'd watch out for the 18-6 outlaws!!
So what your saying is since Kirby beat them by 3 we should watch out?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 05, 2018, 09:00:56 am
So what your saying is since Kirby beat them by 3 we should watch out?
They could have beaten Kirby. But I'm saying, is the team they put on the floor Friday night looked really good from any stand point, as a Kirby fan, as a dierks fan, or just a fan in general of the sport. Dierks Boys played extremely well, shot the ball very well, handled the press well. I can't say enough about them and how hey played that game. Not because the outcome, but from the effort and preformance they put on the court. I know I may be the only poster that was at the game so my view may be tainted if you haven't seen them. But Dierks Boys Friday night would beat some teams in the top 10. Including Kirby, had they not gone 2-10 on the line in the last 2 minutes they would have. No bench either. But aside from those 2 things. It was a good team they had on the floor

Bosshog34

If Dierks plays like they did Friday night, then they will definitely make some noise come post season. Kirby is one of the only teams I think could have beaten the Outlaws Friday night. When it comes to the state tournament it is all about matchups. Dierks is a hard matchup for anyone if they shoot like they did Friday night. Because they have bigs inside that can score 25 easily and then guards outside that when they are hitting make you step out and contest those shots.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Bosshog34 on February 05, 2018, 09:15:28 am
If Dierks plays like they did Friday night, then they will definitely make some noise come post season. Kirby is one of the only teams I think could have beaten the Outlaws Friday night. When it comes to the state tournament it is all about matchups. Dierks is a hard matchup for anyone if they shoot like they did Friday night. Because they have bigs inside that can score 25 easily and then guards outside that when they are hitting make you step out and contest those shots.
Hitting big shots at the right moments, defenders in their face really changed how they made Kirby play defense. Big inside can play with the rest of them in 1A/2A

thebigman3

What I am taking from this is that both teams played their best game of the season, especially dierks. And it was Sr. Night? I've said it before I'll say it again. Basketball is a momentum game. Momentum helps a team gain so much in a small amount of time. Both these teams sound like they were prepared for each other and hyped to play one another. That builds confidences and confidence also helps. Wish I could have been there to see it.

Catfish

Concord Sr Girls beat Calico Rock 30+ Friday night, and Concord Boys beat Calico Rock by about 10.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 05, 2018, 10:11:04 am
What I am taking from this is that both teams played their best game of the season, especially dierks. And it was Sr. Night? I've said it before I'll say it again. Basketball is a momentum game. Momentum helps a team gain so much in a small amount of time. Both these teams sound like they were prepared for each other and hyped to play one another. That builds confidences and confidence also helps. Wish I could have been there to see it.
I wouldn't say both played their best of the season. You're presuming both played for the national championship. But it was just a conference game and both played really well. Me presuming that Guy doesn't get up and get ready, beats the number 7 team in the conference by 3, could also be that guys down from last season and my presumption is wrong.

hooperfromwestside

guy could come out, play good and beat anyone.. or they could come out and not try and lose to anyone.. well not just anyone. every team that plays guy plays it like a state championship, i feel like guy is finally realizing this and getting up and ready for games now

Bosshog34

I think one of the things that hurt Kirby in this game is the coach at Dierks played for and learned from Coach Smith at Kirby.  So he knew their plays and how to attack their press and defense.  Not saying that is why it was so close but it definitely didnt hurt. Kirby guards are the best I have seen all year.  Their one weakness, if they have one, is they struggle to guard big post players inside.  Dierks guards played as well as they have all year and that is why the game was so close.  Hoping both these teams make state tournament runs and represent the conference extremely well in the post season.

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 05, 2018, 10:58:33 am
I wouldn't say both played their best of the season. You're presuming both played for the national championship. But it was just a conference game and both played really well. Me presuming that Guy doesn't get up and get ready, beats the number 7 team in the conference by 3, could also be that guys down from last season and my presumption is wrong.
If they shot 60-70% i don't know how much better you could get lol.

BannerMountainMan

Nemo/Shirley cancelled due to ice

thebigman3

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 06, 2018, 12:46:03 pm
Nemo/Shirley cancelled due to ice
That was probably going to be a good game too.

Moonshiner

Did Norfork play Salem tonight?  I thought they couldn't find a date to play that make up game??

Flobbito

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 08, 2018, 09:15:55 pm
Did Norfork play Salem tonight?  I thought they couldn't find a date to play that make up game??
75-46 Norfork.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Flobbito on February 08, 2018, 09:40:49 pm
75-46 Norfork.

Thanks for the score.  Last I heard that game wasn't gonna be made up. 

thebigman3

Flobbito

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 08, 2018, 09:50:28 pm
Thanks for the score.  Last I heard that game wasn't gonna be made up.

Apparently there is a AAA rule that says if you don't play all of your scheduled that your not eligible to play in any post season games, and somebody notified the AAA that they hadn't made this game up so they had to throw it together at the last minute.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on February 09, 2018, 11:05:52 am
Apparently there is a AAA rule that says if you don't play all of your scheduled that your not eligible to play in any post season games, and somebody notified the AAA that they hadn't made this game up so they had to throw it together at the last minute.
What?..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas