• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A

Started by Gray lizard, January 15, 2018, 03:14:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Yes the girls final should be good.  I don't really know what to expect by the time I made it to the game Ozarks starters were already out of the game.
Pottsville does have a shooter out due to injury to mouth and teeth from baseball.  Not sure on his condition or when he might return.  Always good to have another shooter.  If he plays it allows for better rotation for defense as well.

Sportshawk

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 16, 2018, 08:13:49 am
Should be a good game between Ozark and Pottsville girls. West Fork didn't play very good and got a beating, Dardanelle played a fair game and still got a beat down, so we shall see. Pottsville boys took care of business and now will face Subiaco who beat  :(  Ozark boys.
Should be a good game if Subiaco can shoot the threes like they did last night. Pottsville should be the favorite on their home floor I think they are ranked #2 in the state. They have some good three point shooters when they are on its bad for the other team and they have a good post player who can shoot the three, but I was told one of their best three point shooter was out and hadn't played in last couple of game and was not sure when he would be back.
I think the Pottsville boys coach gets the most out of his players they are not biggest size wise but they play real good defense.
Hope all 4 teams do good in regional 's !!!!!!!
I think Maxpreps has them ranked #1

Ozark Hog

I was told the Pottsville boy  was a starter and was out because of a thigh injury.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 16, 2018, 08:58:57 am
I was told the Pottsville boy  was a starter and was out because of a thigh injury.

Starter yes.  I did hear from a mother of one of the girls team starters.  That a baseball took a bad bounce and knocked out some teeth.  I don't know for sure but that is what she said if that helps any.

Ozark Hog

Now I am confused! I was talking about boys team not girls.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 16, 2018, 09:14:40 am
Now I am confused! I was talking about boys team not girls.
Yes a boy starter is out not a girl.  Sorry about that.

Ozark Hog

andydavis1234

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 16, 2018, 08:11:40 am
Subiaco has about 3 boys that can get hot from behind the 3 point line. They seem to depend on the 3's.  They also move the ball around quite well to get the open 3 point shot.
I look forward to the match up with Pottsville.  Ozark seemed to have a hard time converting their inside shots.  Should be a good one.

This is about right. Ball movement and defense are excellent, which is to be expected from a Tencleve team, but we really live and die from beyond the arc. Could make a run at state if the shots are falling. Could get bounced at regionals if they're not.

Sigmund Sauer

February 16, 2018, 08:50:23 pm #58 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:11:52 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 16, 2018, 08:13:49 am
Should be a good game between Ozark and Pottsville girls. West Fork didn't play very good and got a beating, Dardanelle played a fair game and still got a beat down, so we shall see. Pottsville boys took care of business and now will face Subiaco who beat  :(  Ozark boys.
Should be a good game if Subiaco can shoot the threes like they did last night. Pottsville should be the favorite on their home floor I think they are ranked #2 in the state. They have some good three point shooters when they are on its bad for the other team and they have a good post player who can shoot the three, but I was told one of their best three point shooter was out and hadn't played in last couple of game and was not sure when he would be back.
I think the Pottsville boys coach gets the most out of his players they are not biggest size wise but they play real good defense.
Hope all 4 teams do good in regional 's !!!!!!!
"I think the Pottsville boys coach gets the most out of his players they are not biggest size wise but they play real good defense."
Thurman and Johnson are both class act coaches. The players are role models on and off the court every year. I can see Thurman coaching next level once his own children graduate high school. He almost always makes really good halftime adjustments. Johnson still has young kids and will be around for many years hopefully. 4-4 is a good conf, every year. Good coaching all around. Sad to see some of the nonsense from 3A and 5A though.

LRRandy

We have been in 7-4a,4-4a and 2-4a as well as a few 3a conferences since my kids have been at Arkansas Baptist/Baptist Prep. Not knocking other conferences mind you, but I enjoyed the 4-4a conference the most. From the quality of the players, coaches, facilities and even fans (Dovers fans can get a little nutso) I liked our two years with those schools the most. I was particularly impressed with the boys coach at Pottsville. He always had his teams prepared and they played hard.

Hitman Warrior23

What's the game times for the final games?

1-Adam-12

Girls at 6:00, boys at 7:30.

StevenGlen

February 17, 2018, 11:22:43 am #62 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 02:51:47 pm by StevenGlen
Pottsville School District will offer a LiveStream of the two championship games from tonight's 4-4A Tournament.  Here is a link that will work for both games. We are doing both games as one LiveStream Event:

https://livestream.com/pottsvilleschools/events/8062272

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 16, 2018, 08:11:40 am
Subiaco has about 3 boys that can get hot from behind the 3 point line. They seem to depend on the 3's.  They also move the ball around quite well to get the open 3 point shot.
I look forward to the match up with Pottsville.  Ozark seemed to have a hard time converting their inside shots.  Should be a good one.
Subi has 6 that can get hot from the 3 point line.

x14113

Boys:
Booneville 51
Ozark 35

x14113

Girls:
Pottsville 67
Ozark 51

Sigmund Sauer

February 17, 2018, 09:32:52 pm #66 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:01:58 pm by Sigmund Sauer
54-51 Pottsville pulls out the win.
Wow, I stick to my earlier comment that Subiaco seems to be either on or off the past 15 or so games. Tonight they were on! Forced a lot of turnovers and drained the 3's consistently until it really counted in the last few seconds. I realize Pottsville was down a starter who happens to be a big time 3 point shooter as well, but I honestly don't think it would've made much difference. IMO there aren't many 4A teams that could beat the Subiaco that played tonight and they may still make a run if they can dial up the same performance consistently. Good luck to both in the remaining post season!

Gray lizard

What a game! Subiaco played a great game. That game will help both teams.

Gray lizard

The game with Ozark was also a great game. Pottsville got a great test tonight.  I liked what I saw. I really enjoyed watch the Ozark girls play. I  was impressed with #12 play until her last foul.   The way she lowered her shoulder and ran over the Pottsville player I felt like she intended to hurt the player.  Did she play linebacker for Ozark?

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 17, 2018, 10:03:12 pm
What a game! Subiaco played a great game. That game will help both teams.

Very true, Pottsville has had few teams even play them close the entire season. I think it caught them off guard a bit!

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 17, 2018, 10:12:47 pm
The game with Ozark was also a great game. Pottsville got a great test tonight.  I liked what I saw. I really enjoyed watch the Ozark girls play. I  was impressed with #12 play until her last foul.   The way she lowered her shoulder and ran over the Pottsville player I felt like she intended to hurt the player.  Did she play linebacker for Ozark?
That was wild. I couldn't believe how overly aggressive the Ozark girls came out. They weren't even trying to be subtle about it. Every player they had tried lowering their shoulder and running people over. It was just too obvious and is what got them in foul trouble early, early as in the first 2 minutes of the game! One of the most bizarre tactics I've ever seen and was baffled why the coach didn't tell them to try to be more subtle with the aggression.

Gray lizard

So it wasn't just me. That makes me.feel better. The look on the player face after the last foul.  It was like she had won a prize.

StevenGlen

Two very interesting games for me to broadcast. Yes, Ozark seemed very aggressive through out the entire game. Pottsville played one of their best defensive games I've seen this year. Ozark's Coach didn't do his ladies any favors by picking up a technical foul when the game was very much in the balance. Funny thing was that the call he was screaming about appeared to be a correct call.  Now on the previous possession a call went against Ozark that I thought was, well, brutal on them.  Both of these teams will be tough in the next round.

I could not have been more impressed with Subiaco's Trojans.  I really have no idea how Pottsville came back and pulled out the win and I broadcast the contest.  Subi shoots well, rebounds well, and seems to have a natural understanding of what their opponents want to do with the ball and are able to frequently step in front of, and knock away passes.  Subi got a serious bit of bad luck when their best 3 point shooter hurt his ankle late in the game.  On their last possession the Trojans got 6 or 7 three point shots off to try to tie the game. It might have been different had their best shooter been on the floor.  We will never know.  I suspect Subiaco will make some serious noise in the post season.

Ozark Hog

Bad week for Ozark both teams didn't show up!!!!!!!! Boys played terrible and girls game home team got some home cooking! Refs were just plain terrible ;).
Then I guess you can put some of the blame on the dang mix conference thing, should have been playing better teams instead of cupcakes.
I think a couple of  the players lost their cool there at last because they felt like they were being fouled and it wasn't being called' they were not trying to hurt anyone. T on coach didn't help!

StevenGlen

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 18, 2018, 07:22:24 am

Then I guess you can put some of the blame on the dang mix conference thing, should have been playing better teams instead of cupcakes.

I want to echo this sentiment on the blended conference idea. It would have been great for fans of both teams had Ozark and Pottsville's ladies teams played in Ozark and Pottsville before the tournament.  The gym at Subiaco would have been rocking for a Pottsville visit there.  Many young ladies in Subiaco colors came over last night and cheered on the Trojans. After the game I learned they were from Paris.  Catching such a game at Subiaco during the regular season would have been much easier on those young ladies and their parents.

WattsOzark

February 18, 2018, 12:17:57 pm #75 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:27:04 pm by WattsOzark
I felt like the officiating was poor both ways in the girls game, and at least in the first quarter of the boys game. Neither team knew what was legal or not, because the calls were inconsistent from play to play, and it made for 10 frustrated players on the court and hundreds of frustrated fans.  Pottsville girls played a great game, and deserved to win. The main thing I saw that will hurt them is if officials start calling for illegal screens because their feet are too wide when they set them. It wasn't called last night, which is why the Ozark girls were trying to run through them to force a call.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 17, 2018, 10:54:53 pm
Two very interesting games for me to broadcast. Yes, Ozark seemed very aggressive through out the entire game. Pottsville played one of their best defensive games I've seen this year. Ozark's Coach didn't do his ladies any favors by picking up a technical foul when the game was very much in the balance. Funny thing was that the call he was screaming about appeared to be a correct call.  Now on the previous possession a call went against Ozark that I thought was, well, brutal on them.  Both of these teams will be tough in the next round.

I could not have been more impressed with Subiaco's Trojans.  I really have no idea how Pottsville came back and pulled out the win and I broadcast the contest.  Subi shoots well, rebounds well, and seems to have a natural understanding of what their opponents want to do with the ball and are able to frequently step in front of, and knock away passes.  Subi got a serious bit of bad luck when their best 3 point shooter hurt his ankle late in the game.  On their last possession the Trojans got 6 or 7 three point shots off to try to tie the game. It might have been different had their best shooter been on the floor.  We will never know.  I suspect Subiaco will make some serious noise in the post season.
Well said. That was an awesome contest for both teams involved (the boys game). Subi for being undersized grabbed all those offensive rebounds to make for a very exciting last 30 seconds. Now it is time for the 4-4A to go into Berryville and beat the 1-4A.
#1 Berryville is a good team, #0 their point guard looks very unassuming but is really good.
#2 Shiloh is Shiloh, they are a fundamentally good team and won't make a lot of unforced mistakes.
#3 Pea Ridge is coming off probably their 2 worst games of the season.
#4 Gravette is tall and lengthy, their best player is #5 but I never got to see him do too much in their loss to Berryville.

Gray lizard

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 19, 2018, 01:51:30 pm
Well said. That was an awesome contest for both teams involved (the boys game). Subi for being undersized grabbed all those offensive rebounds to make for a very exciting last 30 seconds. Now it is time for the 4-4A to go into Berryville and beat the 1-4A.
#1 Berryville is a good team, #0 their point guard looks very unassuming but is really good.
#2 Shiloh is Shiloh, they are a fundamentally good team and won't make a lot of unforced mistakes.
#3 Pea Ridge is coming off probably their 2 worst games of the season.
#4 Gravette is tall and lengthy, their best player is #5 but I never got to see him do too much in their loss to Berryville.

You are right about Subiaco getting to the rebounds.  They grabbed up a bunch of them I felt was for sure Pottsville's ball.  Just pure hustle.
How much of a factor do you think the home court will be for Berryville this week?

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 19, 2018, 01:58:35 pm
You are right about Subiaco getting to the rebounds.  They grabbed up a bunch of them I felt was for sure Pottsville's ball.  Just pure hustle.
How much of a factor do you think the home court will be for Berryville this week?
I was surprised that they beat #2 Gravette on Friday night, but that meant that they would be the 1 or 2 seed and Subi wouldn't face them in the first round. I think playing at home will help them a lot, they won't have to travel 3 hours like most of the 4-4A teams. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas