• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Page Sandites(OK) vs Greenwood Bulldogs

Started by Topdog1, September 08, 2018, 11:09:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Topdog1

The Future

Not a lot of talk about this one just yet. But then again it's tough to discuss and breakdown an opponent you know almost nothing about.

I googled the school and I came across someone's breakdown of Sand Spring's 2018 season. It's safe to say Greenwood will be one of the 3 toughest games for the Sandites.

The Sandites finished 2017 5-6 losing in the first round, losing 47-12 to Mid West City.
Looking at their history, they are a playoff regular but don't make it past the second round much. They do have one championship in 1966. 

This year they lost 41-28 to Mansfield Summit, Texas and beat Putnam City, Oklahoma 45-24.
So both Greenwood and Sand Springs are entering this week 1-1.

The conference the Sandites are in consists of 3 teams who won only 1 game last season, 2 teams with average records, and Bixby and Booker T Washington, who ended up playing in the championship in which Washington won and ended Bixbys 4peat chances.
Booker T mirrored Greenwood last season. Greenwood averaged 43 points on offense and 11 on defense while Booker T averaged 42 points on offense and 14 on defense. Greenwood finished 13-0 while Booker T finished 12-1 losing only to West Monroe, Louisiana. And teams finished as champions in their classes.

So it sounds like Sand Springs won't be intimidated by any Greenwood this or Greenwood that talk they hear, as they are use to being in a conference with traditional powerhouses. But then again, its quite possible they know and remember Coach Jones from his Oklahoma days  and what he can do. So they know it won't be easy pulling a win.

And with Greenwood still getting the right formula ready for conference play, this game should be a good tune up game for the Dogs.

I'm going 45-14 Greenwood. Back ups get a bit of experience in the 4th quarter. They will get plenty more next week against Hall.

RD™

Greenwood 35
Sandies 20

Athleticism seems to be a problem for us this year.

grizz

September 10, 2018, 10:08:50 pm #3 Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 10:12:29 pm by grizz

Bulldogfanatic

The Bulldogs will make short work of the sandites at the home opener.

Bulldogfanatic

High Voltage

They have to be better than Southside, right?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 11, 2018, 02:33:39 pm #7 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:46:52 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Pr8hd

Quote from: Bulldogfanatic on September 10, 2018, 11:17:22 pm
Bulldogs   49
Sandites   17

<Nostradamus Award>

Pretty salty prognostication.....Kudos! +1

Me on the other hand, what was I thinking taking VB over Siloam in the Pick Em....geez, I channeled my inner Gooch on that one.

InYoGrill

Go job Dawgs. Where all the GW posters these days? LOL! Some of them still hang out some on the 5A west threads. Alma posters are also quiet these days.

RD™

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas