• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JUNCTION CITY vs RIVERCREST @ WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM DEC 8 2017

Started by ISU7, December 01, 2017, 09:38:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got for the 2017 3A title

JC
73 (60.3%)
RC
48 (39.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

bleudog

Quote from: ISU7 on December 05, 2017, 03:32:31 am
Wasn't JC in 3A last season. 😎

Yep.  The 2016 fotball team finished 6-1 in district and 8-4 overall with a second round playoff game that could have gone either way.  Not quite up to historic standards (11-2 average over the last 19 full seasons with 12 semi-final or better playoff appearances during that time), but more than respectable and something 30+/- other 3A teams might would have liked to have done.

Here's how Calpreps rated the 2016 3A teams they considered top ten.

1   Prescott    3A Region 5   32.1         
2   Charleston    3A Region 4   29.4
3   Glen Rose    3A Region 5   21.5
4   Fordyce   3A Region 6   14.7
5   Centerpoint    3A Region 5   12.1
6   Newport    3A Region 3   9.4
7   Bald Knob    3A Region 2   7.5
8   Elkins    3A Region 1   7.2
9   Rivercrest    3A Region 3   6.3
10  Junction City    3A Region 6   6.1

http://calpreps.com/2016/ratings/Arkansas_division.htm#3A

870ARK

Although id love RC to win this i think that JC will take this one by 7

dragondad

Quote from: 870ARK on December 05, 2017, 09:54:44 am
Although id love RC to win this i think that JC will take this one by 7

Now why would you love for RC to win?

We got 501 haters, 479 haters, and 870 haters.... statewide.  LOL

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Colts will look like Atreyu riding Falcor after Friday Night, for all you young pups that is an old school movie called The Neverending Story.

dragondad

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on December 05, 2017, 10:35:33 am
Colts will look like Atreyu riding Falcor after Friday Night, for all you young pups that is an old school movie called The Neverending Story.

If the Never-ending Story is oldschool..... I must be prehistoric.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: dragondad on December 05, 2017, 11:03:25 am
If the Never-ending Story is oldschool..... I must be prehistoric.
Is your real name Tara Dactyl?

bleudog

Coin toss:

End of game:

dragondad

Maximus Decimus Meridius

+1 to you guys, I don't know how to post pic/videos/gif lol

cuz

NewDragon

cuz

Hoodies write up....
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
No. 2 Rivercrest vs. No. 1 Junction City
This is the second playoff meeting in the past two years. Rivercrest downed visiting Junction City 14-13 in the second round last year at "The Cotton Patch." That was the last time Junction City lost, while Glen Rose eliminated Rivercrest the following week. Rivercrest coach Kelly Chandler and Junction City coach Steven Jones lead their alma maters into this game. These teams are headed in opposite directions following this game with Rivercrest ticketed for Class 4A in 2018-2019 and Junction City bound for Class 2A.

Rivercrest salvaged a share of its third straight 3-3A title with a 28-25 Week 10 win over archrival Osceola. The late-season dramatics were necessary following a Week 8 loss at Newport. "I think with some other teams a game like that may have sunk our ship,  and we'd have folded it up," Coach Kelly Chandler says. "But this group has the right attitudes and just wouldn't be denied late in the year." Rivercrest rides a six-game winning streak to War Memorial Stadium and has allowed 14 points per game in the playoffs. Junior quarterback Demilon Brown has passed for 612 yards and seven touchdowns and rushed for 1,211 yards (9.7 yards per carry) and 17 scores, both team highs. Super sophomore J.D. Winda paces Rivercrest with 14 catches for 287 yards and five TDs and 74 tackles (19 for loss). Winda has rushed for 967 yards and six TDs. Senior Jamyka Franks collected 69 tackles (20 for loss). Junior playmaker Kentavious Robinson is questionable on Friday after breaking his arm Week 10. If he is active, he likely would play in a cast.

Junction City earned the outright 6-3A title but had to rally in the fourth quarter of all three playoff wins. Last week against Osceola, the Dragons watched a 30-7 first-half lead evaporate into a 38-30 fourth-quarter deficit. Junction scored the game's final 14 points and intercepted two passes in the red zone to advance to its first state final since 2014 when it won its third straight Class 2A title (38-6 over Hazen). "You'd rather not trail in some of these games," Jones says. "But I'm blown away by the resiliency of our kids. They haven't stopped believing at any point." Senior running back Hishmma Taylor owns the school's single-season rushing record with 2,405 yards (7.7 yards per carry) and 28 TDs. QB Shuvasceiaye Frazier has passed for 1,198 yards and 17 TDs and sprinted for 1,397 yards and 18 scores. Senior Jalen Davis has corralled 35 passes for 705 yards and seven TDs (all team-highs). Senior linebacker Terrell Gibson fuels the stingy Junction City defense (20.2 points per game) with 112 tackles (16 for loss). Gibson returned an interception 99 yards for a score last week against Osceola. Nasty senior lineman Brock McGoogan collected 56 tackles (9.5 for loss) this year with five sacks. Junior Kevontae Haynes intercepted five passes this year. Junction City does not expect anyone to miss the final.

LAST WEEK
Hootens.com correctly picked one of two games (50 percent) involving Class 3A teams. For the season, hootens.com has correctly predicted 265 of 326 games (81 percent).

WEEK 15 STATE FINAL PREDICTION (favored team in CAPS followed by point spread)
JUNCTION CITY (2) vs. Rivercrest.

OB11

Colts trying to get a sneak peek on JC's preparation this week like...

dragondad

Quote from: OB11 on December 05, 2017, 05:31:13 pm
Colts trying to get a sneak peek on JC's preparation this week like...

Impersonation is the greatest form of flattery.

amehr36

ISU7

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest : beaten a 1,2,3, and 5 seed. Defense has given up an average of 14 points a game for a total of 56 points in 4 games. 14 of those points were late against Bald Knob and were not against the starters, so if you want to get picky that's 10.5 per game...but let's go with 14 per game. Those games do include a #1 seed.

JC has has played a 1,2, and 3 seed with a bye. In the 3 playoff games they gave up 111 points for an average of 37 points a game. Those games include a #1 seed.

JC's offense has FAR out shadowed the Colt offense in yards, TD's, and points.

Rivercrest and JC have had to common opponents, Rivercrest held both teams to far less points than JC did. (while JC scored about a zillion) They say (whoever they is) that defense wins championships. Does it?

WARNING>>>I AM BAD AT MATH.

bleudog

Coltfan2005

Congratulations to Coach Harrell of Piggott on the birth of a healthy son.

cuz

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 05, 2017, 09:48:32 pm
Rivercrest : beaten a 1,2,3, and 5 seed. Defense has given up an average of 14 points a game for a total of 56 points in 4 games. 14 of those points were late against Bald Knob and were not against the starters, so if you want to get picky that's 10.5 per game...but let's go with 14 per game. Those games do include a #1 seed.

JC has has played a 1,2, and 3 seed with a bye. In the 3 playoff games they gave up 111 points for an average of 37 points a game. Those games include a #1 seed.

JC's offense has FAR out shadowed the Colt offense in yards, TD's, and points.

Rivercrest and JC have had to common opponents, Rivercrest held both teams to far less points than JC did. (while JC scored about a zillion) They say (whoever they is) that defense wins championships. Does it?

WARNING>>>I AM BAD AT MATH.
That is supposedly the rule but remember there is always a exception ofthe rule. On the other hand Junction D has stopped the other teams as needed to win all season long.....

Nomad1324

Quote from: dragondad on December 04, 2017, 10:53:26 pm
Everyone had JC picked to lose last week.  I actually prefer that JC be picked to lose,  puts that extra fire in the Dragons.

CalPreps:  JC 30 - RC 28
USA Today:  JC 32 - RC 34

So I'm not saying this is the formula but really interesting nonetheless, figured up both teams average scores against 3A playoff teams (including the ones they've played in the playoffs), and then took the mean of the points the teams had scored with the points the other team had given up.

Gave me JC 30-RC 28....

RC has scored 32.6 vs playoff teams and given up 18.5.
JC has scored 40.6 and given up 22.1.

RC opponents: Piggott, Hoxie, Newport, Osceola, Bald Knob, Melbourne, Mayflower, McGehee
JC opponents: McGehee, Fouke, Smackover, Fordyce, Harding Academy, Clinton, Osceola

If you take common opponents averages come out to: JC 53.5-38.0; RC 23.0-19.0

You can tell what type of game both teams will want....Good luck to both, safe travels to them and their fans.

bleudog

Quote from: Nomad1324 on December 06, 2017, 02:00:48 pm
So I'm not saying this is the formula but really interesting nonetheless, figured up both teams average scores against 3A playoff teams (including the ones they've played in the playoffs), and then took the mean of the points the teams had scored with the points the other team had given up.

Gave me JC 30-RC 28....

RC has scored 32.6 vs playoff teams and given up 18.5.
JC has scored 40.6 and given up 22.1.

RC opponents: Piggott, Hoxie, Newport, Osceola, Bald Knob, Melbourne, Mayflower, McGehee
JC opponents: McGehee, Fouke, Smackover, Fordyce, Harding Academy, Clinton, Osceola

If you take common opponents averages come out to: JC 53.5-38.0; RC 23.0-19.0

You can tell what type of game both teams will want....Good luck to both, safe travels to them and their fans.

I appreciate math as much as anybody, but the results of the two McGehee games has me wondering what happened.

#2103 McGehee (AR) (64-38),
#2103 McGehee (AR) (18-13),

Also not always a fan of the transitive property of inequality when it comes down to the last game of the year.

Does Rivercrest have a big running back?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2017, 03:51:36 pm
I appreciate math as much as anybody, but the results of the two McGehee games has me wondering what happened.

Also not always a fan of the transitive property of inequality when it comes down to the last game of the year.

FB is Franks

luxora4life

December 06, 2017, 05:16:38 pm #173 Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:18:48 pm by luxora4life
Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2017, 03:51:36 pm

Wonder no more....... What happen is both Rivercrest and Junction City defeated MeGehee.

cuz

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 06, 2017, 05:04:39 pm
FB is Franks

Quote from: cuz on December 06, 2017, 06:32:15 pm
   J. Franks   FB, DE   Sr.   5-9   205
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/stats_by_player.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=c2e5e70b-47b4-4046-a4fa-ea98f39c7462
Offense Rushing

Thank you gentlemen.  From the JC games I've seen the Dragons seem to have a few more challenges with a power back.

Now back to my common opponent question.  I know the JC-McGehee game was early, and I heard more than a few Dragon faithful who didn't want to have to face them a second time, but while the JC-McGehee game and Rivercrest-McGehee games both ended with Owl losses, those results were in very different ways.  OM, what are your thoughts?

luxora4life

Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2017, 07:16:16 pm
Thank you gentlemen.  From the JC games I've seen a power back seems to be fairly effective against the Dragons.

Now back to my common opponent question.  I know the JC-McGehee game was early, and I heard more than a few Dragon faithful who didn't want to have to face them a second time, but while the JC-McGehee game and Rivercrest-McGehee games both ended with Owl losses, those results were in very different ways.  OM, what are your thoughts?

Probably due to the fact that Rivercrest and JC are two totally different team. What I can guarantee you is that whatever Rivercrest or JC done or didn't do against McGehee, will not matter in 1 day 23 hours and 26 mins.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2017, 07:16:16 pm
Thank you gentlemen.  From the JC games I've seen the Dragons seem to have a few more challenges with a power back.

We were a much better team late due to cool temps and being healthy. Crest had a veteran bigger line against our sophomores. How that plays out on the finals I have no idea. Two great teams. I think it will be close. I will leave the camp fire to watch.

bleudog

Quote from: Oldman on December 06, 2017, 08:19:19 pm
We were a much better team late due to cool temps and being healthy. Crest had a veteran bigger line against our sophomores. How that plays out on the finals I have no idea. Two great teams. I think it will be close. I will leave the camp fire to watch.

Thank you sir.

501Arkansas

bleudog

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 06, 2017, 09:05:03 pm
Will JC have this game live stream?

Quote from: bleudog on December 03, 2017, 10:06:37 pm
If it's like it has been, JC won't stream video live.  Not sure what it is now, but there has been a significant fee to get live video rights.  They have in the past recorded the game for broadcast a few days later.  They have done live audio.

Fox 16 (in conjunction with FF) has shown the games but it's broadcast area is fairly limited to central Arkansas.  Here's what they did last weekend:  http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/5a-6a-7a-state-championship-games-set/863540771

Here's a subscription link endorsed by AAA:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/aaa/57f31abdf0

Free radio should be available here:  http://1037thebuzz.com/listenlive/

bleudog

bleudog

ADG pre-game article:  CLICK HERE

With a point of order to Mr. Muck:

"Jones, the quarterback of Junction City's first state championship team in 2003, took over for David Carpenter during the offseason."

Jones was a sophomore on the 2003 team, and while he was a QB on the 2003 team, he was not "the" QB until the 2005 season.

Dapper Dan

I think JC pulls this one out fairly easily. They are out to win a 3A championship before moving back down to 2A next year.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Dapper Dan on December 07, 2017, 03:12:49 pm
I think JC pulls this one out fairly easily. They are out to win a 3A championship before moving back down to 2A next year.

That's why they win fairly easily? Because they are out to win a championship in 3A? You think maybe Rivercrest wants to win one more before they move up to 4A? So glad you lent your in depth thoughts to the board.

redandgray

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 07, 2017, 04:01:43 pm
That's why they win fairly easily? Because they are out to win a championship in 3A? You think maybe Rivercrest wants to win one more before they move up to 4A? So glad you lent your in depth thoughts to the board.

I took the first sentence as an opinion, and the second as a a seperate statement.

bleudog

From JC's Facebook page:

Junction City School District

"Remember that the DRAGON SPORTS NETWORK will be broadcasting LIVE AUDIO of the State Final game and will then upload the game (Audio/Video) on Saturday to the DSN website. (Per AAA Regulations) GO DRAGONS!"

Dragon I

Quote from: dragondad on December 07, 2017, 04:31:46 pm
I took the first sentence as an opinion, and the second as a a seperate statement.

Reading comprehension doesn't look to be his strong point.....

luxora4life

Quote from: Dragon I on December 07, 2017, 05:29:52 pm
Reading comprehension doesn't look to be his strong point.....

Why, because he disagreed with his opinion

Dragon I

Coltfan2005

amehr36

bearbacker52

Jimbo Morphis

bearbacker52

bearbacker52

Quote from: bearbacker52 on December 07, 2017, 10:07:28 pm
i bet you 5 dimes

if river wins i will retire from ff, if jc wins you retire, loser leave town match, do you accept the challenge oldman???

Ghost of Colts52

Take the bet old man. This rivercrest team is being overlooked.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on December 07, 2017, 10:33:05 pm

he talks a good game but when facts, but usually walks,

bearbacker52

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on December 07, 2017, 10:33:05 pm

just wondering what has been said that makes you think jc is overlooking them? the jc folks always bring plenty of smack talk..why dont you take the bet?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas