• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls 4A top 10

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, November 19, 2017, 03:55:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

November 19, 2017, 03:55:24 pm Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:50:06 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Now that we have a few games in , I know its still early but does anyone want to give it a shot?
From watching CAC this weekend they get my top spot.

1. CAC.  3-0
2. Estem 6-0
3. Pottsville 3-1
4. Riverview  2-0
5. Star City  4-2
6. Lonoke 1-1
7. Berryville 5-0
8. Ozark 2-0
9. Monticello 1-0
10. Brookland 2-2

Gray lizard

Still early, but I do not see the winning team from last year on your list.  Did they lose a lot from last year?
I expect for Pottsville to be in the run.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 20, 2017, 09:45:30 am #2 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:31:38 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Gray lizard on November 20, 2017, 08:49:19 am
Still early, but I do not see the winning team from last year on your list.  Did they lose a lot from last year?
I expect for Pottsville to be in the run.

Yes ,and this is just a starting point to get the conversation started. Pocahontas I believe lost 3 starters. They lost to Valley View 24-28  11/16 ...They play Harrisburg tonight so I will know a little more after that.
All I can go by is what I've seen or heard so far, so everyone is more than welcome to supply input. In Paragould Tournament Brookland beat Paragould 51-39 ,lost to CAC 55-38, and lost a close game to Batesville 61-66 ...61-63 with 34 sec left in game ,who beat Springdale 66-51,and Springdale beat Van Buren on a last second shot 42-40.
Brookland host Nettleton Tuesday who returns all their starters from last years State semifinalists team who lost to Watson Chapel.
CAC.over Van Buren 53-41
CAC over Brookland 55-38
CAC over Nettleton 63-43 championship game

BirdCall

Estem has to be #2 behind CAC they have some talent on their team but not sure its enough to stop the #1 player in the nation seeing how she handled Nettleton and Van Buren easy and they also have D1 players on their teams as well.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BirdCall on November 20, 2017, 11:37:31 am
Estem has to be #2 behind CAC they have some talent on their team but not sure its enough to stop the #1 player in the nation seeing how she handled Nettleton and Van Buren easy and they also have D1 players on their teams as well.

Ok, thanks for the input.
I believe Pottsville returns all their starters , I could be wrong.
Since they were state runner up last yr that is why I had them at #2.

BirdCall

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 20, 2017, 11:53:09 am
Ok, thanks for the input.
I believe Pottsville returns all their starters , I could be wrong.
Since they were state runner up last yr that is why I had them at #2.
Well losing to a Wonderview 1A school this year doesn't help their case to be #2 on the list right now. No matter who they have returning.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BirdCall on November 20, 2017, 12:21:25 pm
Well losing to a Wonderview 1A school this year doesn't help their case to be #2 on the list right now. No matter who they have returning.

Yes I see your point , that's why input is really helpful , thanks

Hitman Warrior23

November 20, 2017, 08:56:10 pm #7 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:57:44 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 20, 2017, 12:33:38 pm
Yes I see your point , that's why input is really helpful , thanks

They lost to Wonderview last year, not how you start the season it's how you finish it.

Gray lizard

Quote from: BirdCall on November 20, 2017, 12:21:25 pm

Well to be fair some of the girls are just getting off the football field and into the gym.  Just kidding.  Wonderview is not your average 1A school.  I expect Pottsville to do well this year.  It takes a lot to get to the finals and there will be several other great teams to get past to get there.

arkcrash

Gravette will end up being somewhere towards the top of this list.  They gave a very good Bentonville team all they wanted for 3 quarters last night.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 22, 2017, 10:08:49 am #10 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:49:08 am by NEA Razorback olfan
1 CAC 5-0
2 Estem 7-0
3 Riverview 2-1 lost to CAC 61-66
4 Berryville 5-0
5 Ozark 3-0
6 Pottsville 4-1
7 Star City 2-1
8 Gravett 0-1  lost to 7a Bentonville in a close game
9 Dardanelle 2-0
10 Lonoke 3-1

All input welcome
Let's see your rankings!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 22, 2017, 10:08:49 am
1 CAC 5-0
2 Estem 7-0
3 Riverview 2-1 lost to CAC 61-66
4 Berryville 5-0
5 Ozark 3-0
6 Pottsville 4-1
7 Star City 2-1
8 Gravett 0-1  lost to 7a Bentonville in a close game
9 Dardanelle 2-0
10 Lonoke 3-1

All input welcome
Let's see your rankings!!

Riverview's two wins are Saline County Home School, and a not so good brinkley
Gravette lost by 15 to Bentonville(I don't follow 7A at all tho)

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 25, 2017, 11:25:00 am

Horsefeathers Please feel free to make your own top 10 and put Gravett where you believe they belong , personally I haven't seen Gravett play , more input the better!!
This is just a start to get a rough idea on the 4A teams this year.

HorseFeathers

But then you'd be able to critique mine ;)

1.CAC
2. Estem
3. berryville
4. Ozark
5.Pottsville
6. Riverview
7.Star City

That's all I've got so far

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 25, 2017, 01:28:14 pm
But then you'd be able to critique mine ;)

1.CAC
2. Estem
3. berryville
4. Ozark
5.Pottsville
6. Riverview
7.Star City

Looks pretty close to mine!!! ;D
More input is always helpful!!!

That's all I've got so far

HorseFeathers

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 26, 2017, 09:59:07 pm

I didn't say I disagreed with all of it... Just those two

Dardanelle
Lonoke
Shiloh Christian to round out the top 10

It's just November though, lots of things will change....but I figure it's a 2 team race between CAC and Estem right now...

HogCall11

Berryville now 6-0 and beat CAC last year, maybe a fluke but they appear to be on fire beating most by 30 plus.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: HogCall11 on November 27, 2017, 09:26:42 pm
Berryville now 6-0 and beat CAC last year, maybe a fluke but they appear to be on fire beating most by 30 plus.

Thanks for the update!!

Bulldog92

As big a Bulldog fan as I am, I believe the stronger 4-A teams are going to come from the North this year. Might be the weakest 7 and 8 conferences in a long time. I have seen Estem play and know what CAC has. Estem is the real deal TEAM wise and going to be tough for a one lady show to beat them. I've always said that the Williams girl will get hers but I would go with Estem To win the game. It's a long season and you never know what will happen though.
EXCITED TO BE WATCHING SOME BASKETBALL, GO LADYDOGS!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 25, 2017, 11:25:00 am

A 5 point loss to CAC is kind of like a win this year, right?  ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2017, 09:13:18 am
A 5 point loss to CAC is kind of like a win this year, right?  ;D

Sure LOL

iRebound

I sat and watched the Stuttgart Lady Ricebirds knock off a very talented Riverview team last night at the Brinkley Tournament. I noticed Stuttgart has changed coaches from what I've seen in the past. Are they a threat to do anything in the conference or was it a fluke?

arkcrash

Gravette beats Shiloh 67-35!
Them and Berryville just might be top 5 teams.

iRebound

Quote from: arkcrash on December 02, 2017, 05:41:55 am
Gravette beats Shiloh 67-35!
Them and Berryville just might be top 5 teams.

Berryville for sure is top 10. I think top 5 imo. With them, I put EStem, CAC, Pottsville, and Ozark. I haven't seen Pottsville or Ozark play but Pottsville returns almost everyone and Ozark has improved since last year.

HogCall11

Can't wait to see the result of the CAC and Estem game this month!

iRebound

I have much respect for Quattlebaum and Williams, who may be the best female player in Arkansas since the Morrilton girl went to Tenessee. But I think Estem gets them. Saw them play. 1-2-2 and pressure man is tough!

NEA Razorback olfan

December 09, 2017, 11:02:57 am #26 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:11:44 am by NEA Razorback olfan
1 CAC  8-0
2 ESTEM 10-0
3 Berryville 10-0
4 Ozark 7-0
5 Gravette 5-1  lost to 7A Bentonville
6 Stuttgart 6-0
7 Riverview 8-2
8 Lonoke 7-2
9 Southside (Batesville ) 4-1
10 Brookland 6-3  lost to Nettleton , Batesville , CAC  / or Pottsville 6-3 lost to Wonderview , Clarksville , Farmington

Any and all input is welcomed

Bulldog92

Dumas girls beat Stuttgart by close to 20

NEA Razorback olfan

iRebound

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 09, 2017, 11:02:57 am
1 CAC  8-0
2 ESTEM 10-0
3 Berryville 10-0
4 Ozark 7-0
6 Stuttgart 6-0
7 Riverview 8-2
8 Lonoke 7-2
10 Brookland 6-3  lost to Nettleton , Batesville , CAC  / or Pottsville 6-3 lost to Wonderview , Clarksville , Farmington

Alot of these teams are from the same District. I have seen many of these teams play and I must say that the Riverview, Lonoke, CAC, Stuttgart, Estem, Batesville district is loaded. Stuttgart lost to Dumas. Dumas did not look good to me last time I saw them play. Which means that Stuttgart isn't very good. I just checked Maxpreps and they play Star City tomorrow. Haha, you can add another tally in that loss column for Stuttgart. The Great Becky Brown will enjoy the bus ride home with a girls sweep. Gravette is playing well as of late and Pottsville still looks good. They've played a heck of a schedule up til now. Surely there are more talented teams out there worthy of some recognition. What about from that south district of Monticello and Star City. Or that Pocahontas district. I'm not too familiar with those.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 11, 2017, 11:56:52 am #30 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:59:48 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: iRebound on December 11, 2017, 10:15:51 am
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 09, 2017, 11:02:57 am
1 CAC  8-0
2 ESTEM 10-0
3 Berryville 10-0
4 Ozark 7-0
6 Stuttgart 6-0
7 Riverview 8-2
8 Lonoke 7-2

Alot of these teams are from the same District. I have seen many of these teams play and I must say that the Riverview, Lonoke, CAC, Stuttgart, Estem, Batesville district is loaded. Stuttgart lost to Dumas. Dumas did not look good to me last time I saw them play. Which means that Stuttgart isn't very good. I just checked Maxpreps and they play Star City tomorrow. Haha, you can add another tally in that loss column for Stuttgart. The Great Becky Brown will enjoy the bus ride home with a girls sweep. Gravette is playing well as of late and Pottsville still looks good. They've played a heck of a schedule up til now. Surely there are more talented teams out there worthy of some recognition. What about from that south district of Monticello and Star City. Or that Pocahontas district. I'm not too familiar with those.

Thanks for the input , please feel free to make your top 10, from what you have seen or heard...more discussion the better!!
Brookland and Pokey probably top teams from 4A-3 east
Imho we have a weak conference

iRebound

1. EStem
2. CAC
3. Berryville
4. Ozark
5. Lonoke
6. Gravette
7. Pottsville
8. Southside Batesville
9. Dumas
10. Riverview

Do you think the top four girls teams from the 4a-2 district have a chance to go sweep that region?

HogCall11

Gravette also lost to Farmington, might have been a benefit game but still a loss. It was without Vanzant, then Huntsville beat Farmington with Vanzant and Huntsville is weak this year. Very Strange.

iRebound

December 11, 2017, 01:13:14 pm #33 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:14:57 pm by iRebound
Quote from: HogCall11 on December 11, 2017, 01:05:00 pm
Gravette also lost to Farmington, might have been a benefit game but still a loss. It was without Vanzant, then Huntsville beat Farmington with Vanzant and Huntsville is weak this year. Very Strange.

I remember hearing about that. Farmington went through some stuff early with Vanzant and then the Coach being hospitalized. Could have messed with the Mojo. I haven't seen Hunstville yet. Farmington played them again last week and won. Have you seen Gravette play yet? Should they be moved up or down the list in your opinion?

HogCall11

I have not seen them play yet, they are going to be playing Pottsville Saturday in a Harrison Tourney. I plan on making the trip.

Gray lizard

Pottsville is not playing very well right now. 

AverageJo24

I question southside (batesville) depth and experience. They are good do not get me wrong, but I think they will struggle down the stretch in conference play. They play two freshman that are solid, and have a total of 7 players. I'll be interested to see how they do!

iRebound

CAC took a loss to Conway. On another note, there is some good games this week happening.

EStem and CAC play Friday.

Star City matches up with Stuttgart tonight. I normally wouldn't consider this good basketball, but I am going to attend and see if Stuttgart is worth any salt. Star City should be a good test. I know they're young but the tradition itself is enough to beat an average team.

Riverview plays Southside tonight. This can give some insight on how competitive Southside really is.

Pottsville plays a scrappy Dardanelle on Friday. I hear Dardanelle is feisty!

Dumas plays Star City on Friday. That game is always a Rivalry worth seeing.

BigLion10

Where is the CAC Estem gonna be played at Friday??

iRebound

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 12, 2017, 11:30:08 am
Where is the CAC Estem gonna be played at Friday??

@CAC I believe

NEA Razorback olfan

Thanks everyone for your input

Bulldog92

Star City is inexperienced, hate to keep saying young because the situation is what it is. This is going to be a tough week for them with the biggest two games in conference being played. This is the first year in a long time that I am going to a conference game very nervous about the outcome. Star City is going to have to play at the top of their game to get through this week unscathed!!  We knew we were going to take some lumps just want the girls to play the best they can.
The CAC vs Estem game will be a good one to see. Unless CAC has gotten another player or two I'm not sure they can handle Estem's TEAM. The Williams girl is going to get hers but Estem's top five can play and they play together. Going with Estem in this matchup.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on December 12, 2017, 02:41:05 pm
Star City is inexperienced, hate to keep saying young because the situation is what it is. This is going to be a tough week for them with the biggest two games in conference being played. This is the first year in a long time that I am going to a conference game very nervous about the outcome. Star City is going to have to play at the top of their game to get through this week unscathed!!  We knew we were going to take some lumps just want the girls to play the best they can.
The CAC vs Estem game will be a good one to see. Unless CAC has gotten another player or two I'm not sure they can handle Estem's TEAM. The Williams girl is going to get hers but Estem's top five can play and they play together. Going with Estem in this matchup.

Good luck to the Lady Bulldogs !!

Bulldog92

Thanks NEA!!  Good luck to Brookland as well!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on December 12, 2017, 03:45:14 pm
Thanks NEA!!  Good luck to Brookland as well!!

Thanks Bulldog92 , I just hope we stay healthy and our chemistry keeps improving every game!!

iRebound

Well I saw that Stuttgart team play. And what a joke. They are awful. If that Star City team is young, then they will be really freaking good in a few years. Star City whipped them in every facet of the game. Can't believe I wasted money to watch that! My opinion: Stuttgart is overrated and all around bad! On a good note, that Star City team should beat alot of teams! Good luck Star City and I'm glad I atleast got to see one team that knows how to play basketball.

Uncle Tupelo

Quote from: iRebound on December 12, 2017, 11:33:23 am
@CAC I believe

At Estem actually, which means the School for the Deaf

Ricebirdranger

I wouldn't say that Stuttgart is a joke. Star City always has a good team and hard to play as a good team. With Stuttgart's 3 injured starters, they are even harder to play. If you watched the Ricebirds last year play "basketball", like I did, you will see the improvement the new coaching staff is making and I look forward to seeing their future. The junior high team beat Star City, so the future looks promising.

Bulldog92

Thanks Rebound. They play hard and together. Ricebirdranger yalls coach learned from one of the best coaches in the state. If yalls girls can handle it he will get them turned around.

Ricebirdranger

Quote from: Bulldog92 on December 12, 2017, 10:38:49 pm
Thanks Rebound. They play hard and together. Ricebirdranger yalls coach learned from one of the best coaches in the state. If yalls girls can handle it he will get them turned around.
That's what I hear. I do not know him very well, but he has done a great job so far. I am looking forward to Stuttgart having a real coach again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas