• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA at Nettleton

Started by PA Dad, November 17, 2017, 10:33:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

November 17, 2017, 10:33:50 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:49:45 pm by PA Dad
Nettleton is the fairy tale team in 5A this year.  I would vote them the most improved team this year.  They had a great season losing only one game.  And they have the home field advantage.

These are two high powered offenses.  It should be a shootout.

PA's defense has been a work in progress all year.  But  it's almost there.  The defense has looked very good the last two games.

Can Nettleton end the streak?

MDXPHD

PA wins by 3 tds at least. Good season for Nettleton, just the wrong side of the bracket.

walkingguy72396

Nettleton takes this one.  Recovers 99 fumbles and runs an on-side kick in for a touch=down.

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 17, 2017, 10:46:24 pm
Nettleton takes this one.  Recovers 99 fumbles and runs an on-side kick in for a touch=down.

Would still be a close game, with PA pulling it out at the end.

Intelligentsia

Nettleton has had a great year but the machine known as  PA will very likely roll on to the finals without a lot of trouble.  There are only two things that can lead to a PA loss this year, and both must occur on the same night: 1. A team that absolutely dominates time of possession, and 2. An off night for the PA QB.  No one in Arkansas is going to win a shoot out with PA.

pantherblue

PA Bruin Fan

A D M

November 18, 2017, 08:47:07 am #7 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:52:42 am by A D M
The Raiders can't have another slow start. They will have to play four quarters to win this game. With that being said I've got to go with my Raiders on this one to continue this season and get the win. Are they still overrated? Raider Pride! 

Youngsta71701

MDXPHD

Quote from: A D M on November 18, 2017, 08:47:07 am
The Raiders can't have another slow start. They will have to play four quarters to win this game. With that being said I've got to go with my Raiders on this one to continue this season and get the win. Are they still overrated? Raider Pride!

Yes. And you'll see Friday just how far they are from being a top team.

#72 Bearden Bear

PA only needs 57 pts. to break JC 2003 scoring record.

High Voltage

Update, PA just scored and recovered the onside kick. PA up 7 on Saturday morning!

Grond

When is the game being played? On the Friday after thanksgiving?

Raider2011

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2017, 09:09:24 am
Yes. And you'll see Friday just how far they are from being a top team.
you just don't get enough of downing Nettleton do you? Ive been on every thread just about everyday and you bash and take a shot at us at every chance you still  upset  about week4 or what? Save us the extras and just say you want Nettleton to lose lose lose

Fred Mertz

Quote from: Raider2011 on November 18, 2017, 10:10:19 am
you just don't get enough of downing Nettleton do you? Ive been on every thread just about everyday and you bash and take a shot at us at every chance you still especially upset  about week4 or what? Save us the extras and just say you want Nettleton to lose lose lose

Thank you. I have wanted to say that all year but I have kept quiet long enough. PA has beaten everybody else and the worse the Raiders can finish is 11-2. That's certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Deuceswild

I do a lot of film study but i haven't seen nettleton, it's possible i might make the trip to see how they perform. PA doesn't have secrets, i knew most of the plays before they were happening last night, but the obvious trick is stopping them. Until someone cracks the code, i will go with PA. Just a fun offense to watch.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Grond on November 18, 2017, 09:55:43 am
When is the game being played? On the Friday after thanksgiving?

Yes. On Friday

JacketFan

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 18, 2017, 10:35:21 am
I do a lot of film study but i haven't seen nettleton, it's possible i might make the trip to see how they perform. PA doesn't have secrets, i knew most of the plays before they were happening last night, but the obvious trick is stopping them. Until someone cracks the code, i will go with PA. Just a fun offense to watch.
Its not the DaVinci code we are trying to crack here, it is very simple, PA has been given this mythical status, and they are taking advantage of it.  Teams come into each game lacking the confidence to slay the so called beast, thus, they are beat before they walk onto the field.  If a team goes in thinking they can win, put pressure on the QB all night, capitalize on them going for it on 4th down, and make them pay for it.  And the team has to recover the onside kicks, and smoke the clock on offense to limit there possessions, PA will be beat, and can be beat this year.  Confidence, confidence, confidence is the key to beating them.  Go East 

Deuceswild

Is that how u did it last year? I agree with u but to an extent but we had a good game plan but it too didn't work. They do have plenty of talent all over but I'm just saying someone will have to prove me wrong, don't see it happening this year but I've been wrong before. I do see some teams beating them next year though for sure.

incogneto

November 18, 2017, 08:09:40 pm #19 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:12:55 pm by incogneto
Quote from: JacketFan on November 18, 2017, 01:07:43 pm
Its not the DaVinci code we are trying to crack here, it is very simple, PA has been given this mythical status, and they are taking advantage of it.  Teams come into each game lacking the confidence to slay the so called beast, thus, they are beat before they walk onto the field.  If a team goes in thinking they can win, put pressure on the QB all night, capitalize on them going for it on 4th down, and make them pay for it.  And the team has to recover the onside kicks, and smoke the clock on offense to limit there possessions, PA will be beat, and can be beat this year.  Confidence, confidence, confidence is the key to beating them.  Go East

I agree with a lot of what you wrote.  I makes no sense at all to me why coaches do not match the onside kick attempts with PA.  That is a turnover every time they do it.  If you could guarantee your team to have the same opportunities for turnovers wouldn't you do it.  Every single time a team kicks the ball to PA they are sealing their own fate.  It makes no sense.  Imagine how big that would be for a team like Wynne that can control the clock.  Eat 7 minutes of clock, recover onside kick eat seven more minutes of clock.  You recover two and you will have eaten 28 minutes of a 60 minute game. 

j-mann raider 02

i watched the PA Harrison game on youtube   

from what i saw   nettletlon has almost zero chance   

the PA QB has a near NFL Arm  num 1 i think  for them is good  from what i saw  the only change  a team has to beat PA  is a 2002 Bucs  2007 g-men  DLine  type   nettletlon  got beat  on a few long plays  that greenbrier filed  to tade adv of   

if nettleton played like they did in week 4   it still wouild be pa by 17+   i am gonna say pa 63 Nettleton 28   

after watching  them   i think u have to play a nickel look and rush 5 or 6 every play and hope their OL has a off night   

when i play madden online  i am always  prepared for my opp to go for it on 4th down   

and i couild see a 49 or 56-7 type of game too for pa   Nett  QB got banged up  last week  and had to leave the game twice only missed 1 play i think   he is very tough   the only weakness i saw for pa on def  was arm tacklies   

if PA blows us out  u might want to linenen  to 94.1 the buzz   1 of the announces  was my 10th grade history teacher      the Nettletlon play by play guy  has to go out of town  so if he has to do both roles  that shouild be the best part of this game   

PA Dad

November 18, 2017, 09:17:00 pm #21 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:41:45 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: JacketFan on November 18, 2017, 01:07:43 pm

I think your thought about attitude is spot on.  Many teams lose to PA before the game starts because they don't believe they can win.  That is nonsense.  How many folks thought that Parkview could beat PA?  Parkview thought they could and proved they were capable of doing so.

I actually get upset at the posters on here that give up when their team plays PA.  PA will  be defeated.  Why shouldn't your team be the one to do it?  Have some confidence!

j-mann raider 02

i will explain to u why i dont have much    wynne  is close to PA level  and we lost 27-0   nettletlon has been starting slow for 4 games now    without a block FG aga S Hillis  a greenbrier fumble inside our 5 in the 2nd q  a very bad punt for them in the 4th  one of our db's stripping the ball out of a greenbrier WR hands with 4 min left   nettletlon  could had easyily went home in round 1     Terron  Neal  is a superstar on def in the high school lever   

2 Q came to mine after your game 
can nettleton cover your 1 at wr 
can RB J Turner  run inside aga your def  PA  looked very good up the middle on def   

i wouild love to say  Nettleton  will give u a great game on friday   and watch out for nettletlon  i love that school it has been wonderful  to me even now    it has the best Disabled seating   in the state   partly because of me   in 2006  i had a bad exp  with the gravel   then i went back in 2011 and it was great   

Yellowcake

Quote from: incogneto on November 18, 2017, 08:09:40 pm
I agree with a lot of what you wrote.  I makes no sense at all to me why coaches do not match the onside kick attempts with PA.  That is a turnover every time they do it.  If you could guarantee your team to have the same opportunities for turnovers wouldn't you do it.  Every single time a team kicks the ball to PA they are sealing their own fate.  It makes no sense.  Imagine how big that would be for a team like Wynne that can control the clock.  Eat 7 minutes of clock, recover onside kick eat seven more minutes of clock.  You recover two and you will have eaten 28 minutes of a 60 minute game.

The risk here is shortening the field for PA. You want PA starting at the 50?

I don't buy the "no one thinks they can beat PA so they are beat before they step on the field" nonsense. Go ask tHe players. I'll bet your Deuce's kid and his teammates went in believing they could do it. And they continued with that mindset at least until things slipped away toward the end of the first half. One interception left a crack open and PA burst through it. Until then, Harrison had a gameplan that they were executing VERY well.

Give the kids some credit.

One man's opinion.

Yellowcake

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on November 18, 2017, 10:57:09 pm
i will explain to u why i dont have much    wynne  is close to PA level  and we lost 27-0   nettletlon has been starting slow for 4 games now    without a block FG aga S Hillis  a greenbrier fumble inside our 5 in the 2nd q  a very bad punt for them in the 4th  one of our db's stripping the ball out of a greenbrier WR hands with 4 min left   nettletlon  could had easyily went home in round 1     Terron  Neal  is a superstar on def in the high school lever   

2 Q came to mine after your game 
can nettleton cover your 1 at wr 
can RB J Turner  run inside aga your def  PA  looked very good up the middle on def   

i wouild love to say  Nettleton  will give u a great game on friday   and watch out for nettletlon  i love that school it has been wonderful  to me even now    it has the best Disabled seating   in the state   partly because of me   in 2006  i had a bad exp  with the gravel   then i went back in 2011 and it was great

Good for you on the disabled seating. That's an awesome story and thank you for sharing. Hope to meet some NEttleton posters Friday night.

As for stopping PA, we will see. You ever kick open a mound of fire ants? That's what it looks like sometimes when PA goes empty backfield and the receivers head out. 😎

Looking forward to a great game and gear atmosphere.

A D M

November 18, 2017, 11:36:09 pm #25 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:25:13 am by A D M
Quote from: Yellowcake on November 18, 2017, 11:04:54 pm
Good for you on the disabled seating. That's an awesome story and thank you for sharing. Hope to meet some NEttleton posters Friday night.

As for stopping PA, we will see. You ever kick open a mound of fire ants? That's what it looks like sometimes when PA goes empty backfield and the receivers head out. 😎

Looking forward to a great game and gear atmosphere.
I have been on here for a while and have never met any of the posters. I go to away games and try to guess who's who.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: A D M on November 18, 2017, 11:36:09 pm
I have been on here for a while and have never met any of the posters. I go to away games and try to guess who's who.

I'm the handsome, yet modest one 🤥🤥🤥

walkingguy72396

If Nettleton can stay with-in 30 points the whole game it might be possible to attend the Wynne game and second half of the PA Nettleton game.

chaingang

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 19, 2017, 09:02:03 am
I'm the handsome, yet modest one 🤥🤥🤥
Yet his body reeks of 18 hours of whiskey drinks and several bologna sandwiches.....

PercussionMan

P.A. by 28-35....maybe more.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: chaingang on November 19, 2017, 09:30:21 am
  Yet his body reeks of 18 hours of whiskey drinks and several bologna sandwiches.....

Hence, the modesty. 😳

Hoghead2

PA by 35 easy. Game is over at halftime. Great season for those Raiders....!!!!!    Give them a hand why don't you.

RyanLR

Runnin With The Pack

I've had a chance to see both Nettleton & PA in the past month.  ADM made an excellent point previously...if Nettleton has another slow start...it's over @ halftime.  In my opinion, to have a chance against a team like PA, you have to keep their offense off the field as much as possible and limit their opportunities. The Raiders have a great offense, but that offense seems to be largely predicated on guys like Turner, Henry or Joiner making explosive plays...and that obviously doesn't lend itself to grinding it out and milking the clock.  Hope I'm wrong and will gladly eat crow if so, but I just don't see a way for Nettleton to win.  PA by 21.

redsport27

PA controls the game.

PA 63, Nettleton 35

MrShakezzzz2014

F*** it, I'll be the one to say it. NETTLETON BY 1 POINT!!!

No matter what the other posters say, the Raiders are one of the 4 best teams in the 5A and there's no doubt in my mind that they can fight with the Bruins for 4 qtrs. After Friday night, I think they'll have earned the respect of all of the doubters.

Raider Pride!

MDXPHD

Quote from: MrShakezzzz2014 on November 20, 2017, 08:10:46 pm

No matter what the other posters say, the Raiders are one of the 4 best teams in the 5A and there's no doubt in my mind that they can fight with the Bruins for 4 qtrs. After Friday night, I think they'll have earned the respect of all of the doubters.

Raider Pride!

Well, gotta love the confidence!

PA Dad

Raider Pride!

I like a fan with confidence in his team.  Good work.

Maynard G Krebs

Raider Pride!

Somebody help me decipher the code for the first word.......🤔🤔🤔🤔

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 20, 2017, 08:45:15 pm
Somebody help me decipher the code for the first word.......🤔🤔🤔🤔

"Face it, I'll be the one to say it."

Most likely.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 20, 2017, 08:48:41 pm
"Face it, I'll be the one to say it."

Most likely.

Ahhhhh.  That makes sense now

j-mann raider 02

IF Nettletlon does win  and goes on to win state  it wouild be a great local movie   

PA Bruin Fan

Raider Pride!

That would be a great game.  Good luck to both teams and I pray no one is injured. 

The Future

Raider Pride!

Setting you're stage up for either a huge "I told y'all so" or a huge bowl of crow. Big gamble. I like it!

Should be a good first half.
Like you said, Nettleton is one of the 4 best in 5A now. And they have a very good team this year. But sadly for Nettleton, PA isn't just another very good team. They are a great team.

PA 57
Nettleton 35

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 19, 2017, 09:19:58 am
If Nettleton can stay with-in 30 points the whole game it might be possible to attend the Wynne game and second half of the PA Nettleton game.

Wynne game will be over at 8:45.

STBruin

Looking in Hooten's...here is how they had the East ranked preseason...Nettleton and Valley View
both go from 5-5 to Nettleton being 11-1 and Valley View improving. My hats off to both teams!!! Got to respect what Nettelton has accomplished!
1. Wynne
2. Batesville
3. Blytheville
4. Forrest City
5. Valley View
6. Nettleton

A D M

Quote from: STBruin on November 21, 2017, 11:34:20 am
Looking in Hooten's...here is how they had the East ranked preseason...Nettleton and Valley View
both go from 5-5 to Nettleton being 11-1 and Valley View improving. My hats off to both teams!!! Got to respect what Nettelton has accomplished!
1. Wynne
2. Batesville
3. Blytheville
4. Forrest City
5. Valley View
6. Nettleton
Thank you. That's all the Nettleton poster want is a little respect for our boys and our team. I'm with Mr. shakezz the way Nettleton has been playing I'll go with them for the win in a close one. Raider Pride is Justified!

STBruin

Quote from: A D M on November 21, 2017, 11:44:01 am
Thank you. That's all the Nettleton poster want is a little respect for our boys and our team. I'm with Mr. shakezz the way Nettleton has been playing I'll go with them for the win in a close one. Raider Pride is Justified!

Very much justified, and the respect given has been earned! Heck of a year!

Grond

Pulaski Academy is easy to pick to win. But I find myself thinking in terms of what Nettleton must do to compete. So, here are my thoughts:

1) THE ONSIDE
Have to plan for the onside kick by PA. Can Nettleton come up with a way to use their speed and get a return on the Onside?

2) DETAILS
PA has 11 guys doing their job every play. Netty can't take "mental breaks". Backside o-linemen can't take a break; they have to prevent backside pursuit by PA.

3) CHESS AT 100 MPH
One of the mistakes Wynne made in 2014 playoff was they rushed 3 guys, and didn't switch to 4 d-linemen until the second half. Netty coaches have to respond quickly to the way the game is going.

Which means they must accurately follow how the game is going. Must follow tackle charts to see what PA player is making the tackles - and stop him.

4) THE HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS
I think this is an area where PA truly excels. No matter how the game is going, expect a different look after halftime. What worked in the 2nd qtr probably won't work in the 3rd qtr. Have a plan to adjust.

I am hoping Netty speed can give PA some troubles.

And remember, Nettleton:  "Drink up, me 'earties, yo-ho!"

Freight Train

Quote from: Grond on November 22, 2017, 12:04:57 pm
Pulaski Academy is easy to pick to win. But I find myself thinking in terms of what Nettleton must do to compete. So, here are my thoughts:

1) THE ONSIDE
Have to plan for the onside kick by PA. Can Nettleton come up with a way to use their speed and get a return on the Onside?

2) DETAILS
PA has 11 guys doing their job every play. Netty can't take "mental breaks". Backside o-linemen can't take a break; they have to prevent backside pursuit by PA.

3) CHESS AT 100 MPH
One of the mistakes Wynne made in 2014 playoff was they rushed 3 guys, and didn't switch to 4 d-linemen until the second half. Netty coaches have to respond quickly to the way the game is going.

Which means they must accurately follow how the game is going. Must follow tackle charts to see what PA player is making the tackles - and stop him.

4) THE HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS
I think this is an area where PA truly excels. No matter how the game is going, expect a different look after halftime. What worked in the 2nd qtr probably won't work in the 3rd qtr. Have a plan to adjust.

I am hoping Netty speed can give PA some troubles.

And remember, Nettleton:  "Drink up, me 'earties, yo-ho!"

Good analysis...and of course PA can lose against Nettleton but PA plays in arguably one of the fastest conferences in the state. I don't think PA will be shocked by the speed of Nettleton.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas