• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foreman @ Danville

Started by whoknows, November 17, 2017, 09:54:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whoknows

couch-coach06

I absolutely know nothing about Danville lol ... Can some one tell us what offense they run etc

M.I. D

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 17, 2017, 09:58:08 pm
I absolutely know nothing about Danville lol ... Can some one tell us what offense they run etc

Usually spread maybe some I or a run formation. They will be well coached and have some good talent.

couch-coach06

Gotcha ... Obviously have athletes too beat rison ! Should be a fun one

M.I. D

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 17, 2017, 10:08:55 pm
Gotcha ... Obviously have athletes too beat rison ! Should be a fun one

It could go either way. Danville can usually throw it a little.

couch-coach06

10-4 il study up this week thanks for the info

jsw6f0

I will take Danville just because of the coaching edge. Our neighbors to the north by 8.

who-knew

whoknows

who-knew

Quote from: whoknows on November 17, 2017, 11:35:53 pm
That screen name is blasphemy!
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way.....

bear for life

I see foreman team is humble and very respectful since they beat us I will go with them all the way great halftime adjustment to beat us I'm going with foreman by 14 expecially if #5 at qb

PurpleGold1

Hoping to see Danville go all the way! Congrats on the win last night little johns!

DanvilleFan

Quote from: PurpleGold1 on November 18, 2017, 12:12:10 pm
Hoping to see Danville go all the way! Congrats on the win last night little johns!
Thanks very class act, much respect for your program...so much tradition!

Allen T

Great respect indeed. Rison football is something most teams can only look at and say "wish that was us". As for the game this week. This is not the same Danville team that lost in week 1. The Little Johns have come a long way since then. If they were able to beat a Rison team with all the speed they had and they did have several young men that were hard to slow down they should be able to win this Friday night against Forman. If they play the game they did last night Danville will win.

couch-coach06

Quote from: Allen T on November 18, 2017, 08:45:11 pm
Great respect indeed. Rison football is something most teams can only look at and say "wish that was us". As for the game this week. This is not the same Danville team that lost in week 1. The Little Johns have come a long way since then. If they were able to beat a Rison team with all the speed they had and they did have several young men that were hard to slow down they should be able to win this Friday night against Forman. If they play the game they did last night Danville will win.

Foreman

stuck in between

Apparently this is what a thread looks like when neither fan base knows anything about the other team.

couch-coach06

whoknows

couch-coach06

I dont know alot about Danville .. i have watched some highlights and from those I do think our speed can give them some problems ... I think our D line is quick enough too make there qb un comfortable in the pass game .. with this being said Il take my gators by a TD

Eslim03

Quote from: Allen T on November 18, 2017, 08:45:11 pm

I don't know much about Danville but when you talk about speed and teams. The Foreman gators definitely have speed and I'm talking about total team speed, meaning linemen, linebackers and skill positions. We get after you on defense.

BlueNGold52

I haven't seen Danville this year but they are always well coached and very disciplined on both offense and defense. This should be a great game. Foreman is a very good team this year also they have solid line play on both sides of the ball and game changer in #5. I believe Foreman wins this one but I hesitate to guess on score because Danville will compete and I wouldn't be surprised if they won in a tight contest.

Allen T

whoknows will find out what a blowout is at Danville Friday night. Little Johns roll.

couch-coach06

Quote from: Allen T on November 19, 2017, 08:26:58 pm
whoknows will find out what a blowout is at Danville Friday night. Little Johns roll.

Who knows isn't even from foreman. . but I doubt anyone is gona get blown out .. it's the quarter finals ... If we sucked we would be at the house .. same goes for the little John's

seeya

Foreman won't give Danville near the trouble Rison did . Danville rolls threw this round with not much trouble.

couch-coach06

I hope all of y'all have this mentaity mess around eat a lil too much turkey Thursday and wind up at the house

seeya

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 20, 2017, 07:50:06 am
I hope all of y'all have this mentaity mess around eat a lil too much turkey Thursday and wind up at the house
That will most likely happen !

The Beast Of 08

This should be the 2A game of the week IMO.

DanvilleFan

Danville is not overlooking Foreman by any means. 

whoknows

Lol I don't think it will be a blowout...just trying to spice the thread up...Danville is a tradition rich program...they played at Dierks a couple times...fsns are classy and some of the best in 2A football...gotta ride with the conference foe tho...Go Gators!

ThreadWatcher

Me being totally neutral on this game with no ties to Danville or Foreman, I will say that this will be one heck of a game. Winning team wins this one by a touchdown or less.

hornets23byers

Foreman adjust well at halftime if they can keep game in reach in first half I got foreman by 10 .. when Batey gets on fire he's hard to stop.

Allen T

Sometimes you get caught up in all the hype and excitement that is High School Football. Went overboard with the comment about Danville in a blowout. Guess I've been reading to many of those post that do nothing but like to start trouble. In reality, I believe that Danville had better not overlook this team Friday night. They will need to play a complete game to beat Forman.

bear for life

Quote from: hornets23byers on November 20, 2017, 04:35:47 pm
Foreman adjust well at halftime if they can keep game in reach in first half I got foreman by 10 .. when Batey gets on fire he's hard to stop.
yes they do wish we had coaches to adjust like foreman u guys where ready after halftime

HorseFeathers

Danville by a score...

How well does Foreman travel? And to the Danville faithful was last weeks crowd about normal? Seemed a little thin for 2nd round of the playoffs?

couch-coach06

The gators will be expecting a dog fight !

couch-coach06

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 20, 2017, 08:11:37 pm
Danville by a score...

How well does Foreman travel? And to the Danville faithful was last weeks crowd about normal? Seemed a little thin for 2nd round of the playoffs?

We brought a huge croud to mount Ida with most people off on friday this week I suspect we will be rolling deep

Eslim03

After watching film on Danville, I've seen they run a lot of read option out of the spread formation. They throw it around a little also, with some I formation mixed in too. Foreman's defense defends the spread as well as anyone in 2a. Our speed will be a major factor in this game. I got the gators in this one by a couple scores.

DanvilleFan

Please pick against us, we like it! ;) Poyen was suppose to beat us by 2 touchdowns.  Rison by 4 TD's.  Keep it coming!

Eslim03

Easy it's just one mans opinion but I hardly ever comment on threads not related to foreman. I did think you guys would handle Poyen easy but you guys did surprise me last week. I know this game will be a battle and we are looking forward to it.

couch-coach06

Quote from: DanvilleFan on November 21, 2017, 04:14:38 pm
Please pick against us, we like it! ;) Poyen was suppose to beat us by 2 touchdowns.  Rison by 4 TD's.  Keep it coming!

I don't think anyone thought poyen was going too beat you .. come on now

Allen T

To answer the earlier post about was that what a regular crowd looks like at Danville. Afraid the answer is yes. Back in the 80's and 90's there was standing room only on Friday night. The crowd was loud and had one of the best fan bases in the state for 2A Football. Now, don't get me wrong there are still a lot of great fans that show up every week. But not like in the days when we played teams like Dardanelle every year. I try to attend as many games each year as possible. Myself and son and sometimes a few close friends love the excitement of High School Football. Win or lose we support the Little Johns. Last Friday night was the loudest I've heard our fans in quite some time. They got loud in the fourth quarter like they use to. That's what we need to do each and every week. Not just during a tight game like Friday night. Here's hoping that the stands and sidelines are full this Friday night. Full and loud like we use to be.

DanvilleFan

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 21, 2017, 04:53:31 pm
I don't think anyone thought poyen was going too beat you .. come on now
Go look

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Allen T on November 21, 2017, 05:44:04 pm
To answer the earlier post about was that what a regular crowd looks like at Danville. Afraid the answer is yes. Back in the 80's and 90's there was standing room only on Friday night. The crowd was loud and had one of the best fan bases in the state for 2A Football. Now, don't get me wrong there are still a lot of great fans that show up every week. But not like in the days when we played teams like Dardanelle every year. I try to attend as many games each year as possible. Myself and son and sometimes a few close friends love the excitement of High School Football. Win or lose we support the Little Johns. Last Friday night was the loudest I've heard our fans in quite some time. They got loud in the fourth quarter like they use to. That's what we need to do each and every week. Not just during a tight game like Friday night. Here's hoping that the stands and sidelines are full this Friday night. Full and loud like we use to be.

But not to full...This guy wants a seat like last week without showing up too early

ForeverBulldog23

So What Does Foreman Have What Does Danville Has ? #11 For Danville And #5 Forman GoodLuck From Both Teams 🤔‼️

couch-coach06

Quote from: ForeverBulldog23 on November 22, 2017, 05:36:22 pm
So What Does Foreman Have What Does Danville Has ? #11 For Danville And #5 Forman GoodLuck From Both Teams 🤔‼️
???

couch-coach06

Well I guess I'll start the obligatory .. " where is there too eat good on the way too or in Danville ?" Post .. if anyone is hungry after today lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 23, 2017, 11:52:54 am
Well I guess I'll start the obligatory .. " where is there too eat good on the way too or in Danville ?" Post .. if anyone is hungry after today lol

Lots of places in Russellville,

M.I. D

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 23, 2017, 11:52:54 am

There's a Mexican restaurant right up the street from the school that's good.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: M.I. D on November 23, 2017, 11:59:04 am

There's a Mexican restaurant right up the street from the school that's good.

El mariachi

Never ate there but I've heard good things about Fowler's in Danville as well.

Believe there is also a Sonic and Subway in town.

dc3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 23, 2017, 01:17:15 pm
El mariachi

Never ate there but I've heard good things about Fowler's in Danville as well.

Believe there is also a Sonic and Subway in town.

Fowler's is very good if you're wanting some good home cooking. Some of the best burgers I've had. Try the corn nuggets. El mariachi is my favorite Mexican food joint. They recently expanded so they should have enough room. There are 2 other Mexican food places also if you don't want mariachi. The Asian (Vientiane) place is also very good! Correct on there being a sonic and a subway/pizza pro in town also.

Or yes, lots of places in Russellville and drive thru in Dardanelle (Taco Bell, McDonald, Burger King, Sonic, Subway) There is an el Parian, Torasco's, and Fowler's recently opened their second restaurant in Dardanelle.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas