• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma vs. Little Rock McClellan

Started by AIREDALE25, November 11, 2017, 10:20:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Intelligentsia

If Alma passes the ball effectively; Alma 35 LRMC 21

Paw-Paw

oldjacketman

How does Alma normally handle good, athletic teams? What I've seen out of them the past two years: two games against morrilton, one game against chapel. Favored in all 3. Lost all 3. Throw in maumelle to boot. Can't see them beating LRM, who's more physical and athletic than anyone they've played all year.

P.F.G.

I think they need to turn off the live feed for home games. Ok the road it's nice but home games need to be turned off. The previous picture was the last time Alma beat greenwood I believe. Last week the opening weekend of modern gun hurt attendance but I've noticed a social media blitz the last couple days to get people to come to the game. Hopefully it gets a better pull this weekend.

Alma has struggled with this type of offense this year. Clarksville ran something similar I believe and they moved the ball at will on us and almost won. I'm a homer but this should be a good game and the outcome will not surprise me either way.

DevilDog59

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 14, 2017, 12:16:18 pm
The Voice, we played them in the playoffs last year. Right after we beat you guys. Far less mouthing. Far more discipline on that team. And we will play them again next week. So that'll be twice in two years.

Dude you are the most assinine poster on here... I played for Coach McNabb and I promise you trash talk and dirty play is not tolerated in the least. The fear of having to meet Coach Watson after practice keeps any Morrilton player from acting dumb on the field. I cannot wait Until you're MIA after losing Friday. Go Dogs.

MDXPHD

Quote from: DevilDog59 on November 15, 2017, 11:48:19 am
Dude you are the most assinine poster on here... I played for Coach McNabb and I promise you trash talk and dirty play is not tolerated in the least. The fear of having to meet Coach Watson after practice keeps any Morrilton player from acting dumb on the field. I cannot wait Until you're MIA after losing Friday. Go Dogs.

Set yourself up for an awkward moment if y'all lose..just saying.

walkingguy72396

Funny when a poster is clearly talking about McClellan and another poster thinks its all about Morrilton.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 15, 2017, 12:32:31 pm
Funny when a poster is clearly talking about McClellan and another poster thinks its all about Morrilton.

Because neither one clarified and "just rolled with it."

Yellowcake

Alma will score 14 or less.
One man's opinion.

AT

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 15, 2017, 08:11:08 pm
Alma will score 14 or less.
One man's opinion.

Possible. They have a very solid defense. YC, have you seen Alma's offense? I would completely agree with you, but this offense is explosive. It has become more balanced and isn't a two man show like I thought it might be.

McClellan's very solid defense gives up at least 20 on Friday in my opinion. I'll be super impressed with them if Alma doesn't break that mark.

the voice

Alma scores tds on two long drives. A FG on another. And another on a trick play. Alma 27-24

Paw-Paw

Quote from: the voice on November 15, 2017, 08:30:53 pm
Alma scores tds on two long drives. A FG on another. And another on a trick play. Alma 27-24

That happens and the Devil Dogs take care of Wynne; I'll get you something at the Alma Sonic next week.  I hear they are under new management these days.  8)

Yellowcake

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 15, 2017, 08:19:15 pm
Possible. They have a very solid defense. YC, have you seen Alma's offense? I would completely agree with you, but this offense is explosive. It has become more balanced and isn't a two man show like I thought it might be.

McClellan's very solid defense gives up at least 20 on Friday in my opinion. I'll be super impressed with them if Alma doesn't break that mark.

Disadvantage of actually having to "work" PA home games....not getting to see other teams play. The only non central 5a team I saw was Harrison. Hard to predict based on watching scores. You have actually watched some film, so I defer to you.

McClellan will probably try to grind on you. Methodical clock eating drives. I think this game may go to whoever doesn't make turnovers, or rack up a bunch of dumb penalties.

I grew up in Rogers. My memories of Alma are from the late 70's when we used to play yall for homecoming. Alma ALWAYS came ready to play.

And do I recall correctly that Alma ended D-Mac's high school career at Oak Grove with something like a 7-0 win in the playoffs?

oldjacketman

Trust me my friend, the devil dogs were bumping them gums the entire first half. They were in their chest. But then there were two huge stops before half and that wynne oline shut them gums for them in the second half. 9-1 team went home with 50 hung on them and the voice mad at Hill as a result. But that's for the other thread. This is about Alma and McClellan. Still like them big athletes from Little Rock to take care of business. I'll say this tho, it'll be the closest of the 4 west losses this week and might just be the game that could have me eating crow at 1-3.

South 45

I know I'm new around here but seems to me every thread ends up about Morrilton and Wynne. Hope it lives up to the hype. Guess it's because there is fewer Mccellen fans on the boards than in their home stands  :o ;D
Alma by single digits.
Over under on the visitors stands 45

InYoGrill

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 15, 2017, 09:48:04 pm
Trust me my friend, the devil dogs were bumping them gums the entire first half. They were in their chest. But then there were two huge stops before half and that wynne oline shut them gums for them in the second half. 9-1 team went home with 50 hung on them and the voice mad at Hill as a result. But that's for the other thread. This is about Alma and McClellan. Still like them big athletes from Little Rock to take care of business. I'll say this tho, it'll be the closest of the 4 west losses this week and might just be the game that could have me eating crow at 1-3.

Just one West win will be disappointing Friday BUT better than this Jackman's predictions. I will address you as MR. OJM IF the West does not win one single game Friday BUT at least one WEST WIN will treat you to one hellava avalanche of West love from our WEST FF family. Let's do this in 48 hours! GRILL

Yellowcake

Quote from: South 45 on November 15, 2017, 10:05:03 pm
I know I'm new around here but seems to me every thread ends up about Morrilton and Wynne. Hope it lives up to the hype. Guess it's because there is fewer Mccellen fans on the boards than in their home stands  :o ;D
Alma by single digits.
Over under on the visitors stands 45

Breaks my heart when some of the central teams come to Pa. 50 fans in the stands, maybe. McClellan probably brings the most, and it's not many. Seriously, it makes me very sad for the kids.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 15, 2017, 10:12:38 pm
Breaks my heart when some of the central teams come to Pa. 50 fans in the stands, maybe. McClellan probably brings the most, and it's not many. Seriously, it makes me very sad for the kids.

Motown tells me maybe 50 in the stands last week at Chapels field of champions. Laughter and sadness at the same time!

South 45

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 15, 2017, 10:14:19 pm
Motown tells me maybe 50 in the stands last week at Chapels field of champions. Laughter and sadness at the same time!
There was more than 50 but NOT NEAR enough for a home play off game. I counted the crowd at JA Fair this year. There were more kids suited out than people in the stands at kick off. Guess I shouldn't make fun. Cake's right, it's sad for the kids.

oldjacketman

Love it. Little trash talk is great to me. It's fun. We don't have mich Friday night football left until we are spending the next year pretending we like hoops and travel ball. Doesn't get any better than right now!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: the voice on November 15, 2017, 08:30:53 pm
I like it! 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 15, 2017, 11:50:31 am
Set yourself up for an awkward moment if y'all lose..just saying.
We all have been guilty of that at one point or another.....in fact, nicknames can derive out of such posts.... :)

Paw-Paw

Headed to the stadium. Safe travels for everyone!

Go Postal

Good luck tonight you old mutts!
GO AIREDALES!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 17, 2017, 04:54:30 pm
Headed to the stadium. Safe travels for everyone!

Soaking in the pregame festivities there Paw?

InYoGrill

Paw, what in sam hill is going on over at those hedges tonight? Lettin the Rock whip your tails??

RunninJoe

RunninJoe

Thank you. I was only watching the score thread and there was no update there.

Sports Guru

RunninJoe

oldjacketman

AT

Great game. I can talk about it later. Amazing performances on the offensive side of the ball.

Just unbelievable swings of emotions

The Future

Didn't know Alma was capable of scoring 50 points! Haha
Jk.

I was able to catch the final few mins of the game once I got back to my car. Great game and great job to both teams.

Yellowcake

Wow.
I would like to have seen that.
Congrats to Alma on a great season

Almahasbeen

November 17, 2017, 11:40:39 pm #84 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:50:10 pm by Almahasbeen
LR has a heck of a team, big boys, and tough at that! But let me tell you #25 is an absolute phenom. I haven't seen a game changer like that in awhile. But most importantly, to all the fans and students of LR McClellan y'all have an absolutely class act team! I've never seen a team carry themselves the way they did! No mouthing after the game just hand shakes and hugs. That's what us fans pay to see. A hard fought game on both sides and good sportsmanship, the refs on the other hand I was confused on some calls, that's not me saying that's why we lost. I'm saying both sides there were calls that I was unsure of haha, but that's football. Go Dogs.

AT

Yes, McClellan was class all the way. Laire (Lair?) was a phenom. Great call, Almahasbeen. He was the sole difference in the game. We could not stop him.

BM22

I watched alot of this game on Alma's live stream. One heck of a game for sure. Yep, #25 for LRM ran tough and had great speed. #8 and #31 for Alma stood out as well. I have never been to Alma but ya'lls stadium looked awesome. Alma fans really get into the game and have some fun with the singing during timeouts.

High Voltage

I'm surprised this was such a high scoring game. DL's strong point has always been defense.

rona

Alma had some key Senior Players this year that were truly difference makers. Congratulations on a Great Year Alma!!!

AT

For the curious:

1Q
Alma kicks off to start game.

McClellan returns ball to McClellan 32.

McClellan ball on McClellan 32.

1st and 10 - 7 yard run to McClellan 39.
2nd and 3 - 4 yard run to McClellan 43.

1st and 10 - 6 yard run to McClellan 49.
2nd and 4 - 4 yard run to Alma 47.

1st and 10 - 8 yard run to Alma 39.
2nd and 2 - 3 yard run to Alma 36.

1st and 10 - 7 yard run to Alma 29.
2nd and 3 - 3 yard run to Alma 26.

1st and 10 - 12 yard run to Alma 14.

1st and 10 - 6 yard run to Alma 8.
2nd and 4 - 8 yard touchdown run. 2 Pt Conversion No good.

Alma - 0

McClellan - 6

7:12 1Q

AT

1Q

McClellan kicks off after the touchdown.

Alma returns the ball to the Alma 30.

Alma ball on the Alma 30.

1st and 10 - McClellan intercepts the pass and returns it for a touchdown. 2 Point Conversion Good.

Alma - 0

McClellan - 14

6:50 1Q

AT

1Q

Ball is downed at the McClellan 46.

Alma ball on the McClellan 46.

1st and 10 - 11 yard run to McClellan 35.

1st and 10 - -5 yard run to McClellan 40.
2nd and 15 - Penalty against McClellan puts ball on McClellan 30.
2nd and 5 - 3 yard run to McClellan 27.
3rd and 2 - 11 yard run to McClellan 16.

1st and 10 - Incomplete pass.
2nd and 10 - 9 yard run to McClellan 7.
3rd and 1 - 5 yard run to McClellan 2.

1st and Goal - 2 yard touchdown run. PAT Good.

Alma - 7

McClellan - 14

3:21 1Q

AT

1Q

Alma kicks off after the touchdown.

McClellan returns the ball to the McClellan 35.

McClellan ball on the McClellan 35.

1st and 10 - -13 yard run to McClellan 22.
2nd and 23 - 78 yard touchdown run. 2 Point Conversion Good.

Alma - 7

McClellan - 22

2:10 1Q

Paw-Paw

It’s been a busy night and day so far, but I couldn’t have been more proud of this team. They showed such commitment and never quit. It was a fun bunch to watch and there is absolutely nothing to hang there heads down about. The last game of the season was a thriller and just captured the heart as well as the character of this squad.

Thank you SENIORS!

AT

1Q

Alma returns the ball to the Alma 45.

Alma ball on the Alma 45.

1st and 10 - Penalty against Alma puts the ball on the Alma 35.
1st and 20 - Penalty against McClellan puts the ball on the Alma 37.
1st and 18 - 11 yard pass to Alma 48.
2nd and 7 - 7 yard pass to McClellan 45.

1st and 10 - Alma fumbles and McClellan recovers on the Alma 48.

Alma - 7

McClellan - 22

1Q

AT

1Q

McClellan ball on the Alma 48.

1st and 10 - 48 yard touchdown run. 2 Point conversion no good.

Alma - 7

McClellan - 28

end of 1Q

AT

2Q

Alma returns the ball to the Alma 31.

Alma ball on the Alma 31.

1st and 10 - 26 yard run to McClellan 43. Penalty against McClellan puts ball on McClellan 38.

1st and 10 - 7 yard pass to the McClellan 31.
2nd and 3 - Penalty against Alma puts ball on the McClellan 36.
2nd and 8 - 7 yard run to the McClellan 29.
3rd and 1 - 4 yard run to the McClellan 25.

1st and 10 - 9 yard run to the McClellan 16.
2nd and 1 - 8 yard run to the McClellan 8.

1st and Goal - 8 yard touchdown run. PAT Good.

Alma - 14

McClellan - 28

8:43 2Q

AT

2Q

Alma kicks off and recovers own kickoff.

Alma ball on the McClellan 49.

1st and 10 - 2 yard run to the McClellan 47.
2nd and 8 - 35 yard run to the McClellan 12.

1st and 10 - 1 yard run to the McClellan 11.
2nd and 9 - 4 yard run to the McClellan 7.
3rd and 5 - 7 yard touchdown run. PAT Good.

Alma - 21

McClellan - 28

5:56 2Q

AT

2Q

Alma kicks off after the touchdown.

McClellan returns the kickoff for a touchdown. 2 point conversion good.

Alma - 21

McClellan - 36

5:44 2Q

AT

2Q

Alma returns the ball to the Alma 45.

Alma ball on the Alma 45.

1st and 10 - 10 yard pass to the McClellan 45.

1st and 10 - -5 yard run to the McClellan 50.
2nd and 15 - 5 yard pass to the McClellan 45.
3rd and 10 - Incomplete pass.
4th and 10 - Penalty against Alma puts ball on the 50.
4th and 15 - Alma punts and it is downed at the McClellan 6.

Alma - 21

McClellan - 36

2Q

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas