• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Searcy vs El Dorado

Started by Bigred18, November 11, 2017, 02:09:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigred18

I'm not sure about this matchup but it will be a good game I'm taking Searcy in a close game.

Wildcat_Booster

El Dorado wins convincingly. 35-13. Defense is too good and Searcy is in the East, Enough said.

Pr8hd

ED takes care of business in this one and sets up a potential showdown with it's old nemesis, PB.

zebradynasty

Interesting game Searcy has a good passing game and a decent run defense. Not sure how good Eldo's secondary is but if Searcy's Wr's catch the ball....could be a good game. Oh, Searcy please do not try that no punting stuff it won't work against Eldo.

Wildcat Football

I'm expecting a good game, but El Do's team will deliver with a convincing win and set up a great game at PB next week, but can't look ahead. If QB at Searcy is dialed-in and ED has slow start from bye week could get behind early.  It's hard to beat ED at Memorial Stadium, go get'em Cats!

rona

It's going to be a good Game. El Dorado must put pressure on QB  or out score them. Such is not in ED's favor. Stay healthy  and enjoy the competition to all the Players.

zebradynasty

Searcy gets rid of the ball quick hard to but consistent pressure. If the QB and Wr's are dailed in ...they are a handful.

The Future

I'm not expecting as close a game as some seem to be.
Eldo 35
Searcy 14

urban legend2

I expect El Dorado to win, but don't sleep on this Searcy team. They can score. Not sure it'll be enough but they will make plays and give themselves a chance.

gatecrasher

El Dorado is playing at a high level. This will be a game for a half.

El Dorado 42
Searcy 17

PrivateLesson

Quote from: The Future on November 15, 2017, 06:08:07 am
I'm not expecting as close a game as some seem to be.
Eldo 35
Searcy 14
Me either.. I'll go 38-17 Eldo.

Pr8hd

In all fairness I have not seen Searcy, I know they hung tough with PB for a bit, so they must be pretty decent. I just think it's playoff time and it's ED, they will take care of business and I honestly think they may be the favorite to make it to LR on that side of the bracket, although I expect that  potential matchup with PB and ED game in the semi's could be a dandy. 

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 16, 2017, 08:01:22 pm
In all fairness I have not seen Searcy, I know they hung tough with PB for a bit, so they must be pretty decent. I just think it's playoff time and it's ED, they will take care of business and I honestly think they may be the favorite to make it to LR on that side of the bracket, although I expect that  potential matchup with PB and ED game in the semi's could be a dandy.

I believe you are right.  IF the Eldo team I have seen the last half of the season shows up, then Searcy is in for a long night.  And as far as the potential PB matchup...well I would feel much better about that if it was going to be played in Eldo.  Going to PB (the 6A version of Death Valley) and being victorious is a very daunting task. 

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 16, 2017, 10:37:00 pm
I believe you are right.  IF the Eldo team I have seen the last half of the season shows up, then Searcy is in for a long night.  And as far as the potential PB matchup...well I would feel much better about that if it was going to be played in Eldo.  Going to PB (the 6A version of Death Valley) and being victorious is a very daunting task. 

Well, once again my KoD (Kiss of Death) comes into play. Hats off to Searcy, big win on the road in the playoffs against ED. I know they played PB tough earlier in the year, so that will be a real interesting game next Friday. Not sure what happened to ED, but they definitely got derailed and i sure did not see the lights in the tunnel of the train that hit them in this one. Good year ED, I know you all won't be real happy with a quarterfinals exit, but sure you all will be back in the mix again next year.

The Future

The bye bit Greenwood hard in 14 against Eldorado who played a great game.
Eldo tonight apparently had the bye bite them back against a good Searcy team.

Congrats to Searcy on a great win.
I guess we'll have to wait til the 2018 season for that Greenwood Eldorado rematch.

Bigred18

Quote from: The Future on November 17, 2017, 10:11:30 pm

I guess we'll have to wait til the 2018 season for that Greenwood Eldorado rematch.
Good game to El Dorado too, looking forward to the PB Searcy rematch I'm expecting a tighter game this time around

Pr8hd

I sort of thought the same thing, seems like Searcy came to play and ED, who had things rolling, took another week off. Hate the BYE.....thought GW looked lethargic as well offensively first few quarters. A case of the BYE week hangovers will mess you up in a hurry. PB seems to always handle it better than anyone.

Pr8hd

I remember when GW and Searcy used to be in same conference back in the 4A (now 5A) days I guess it was.

zebrafan

Quote from: Bigred18 on November 17, 2017, 10:15:56 pm
Good game to El Dorado too, looking forward to the PB Searcy rematch I'm expecting a tighter game this time around
I expect so too. Congrats on beating ED tonight great win for the Lions and the 6A East!

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Eldo had trouble with the speed of Searcy's WR's all night. 3 steps behind the guys on deep routes most of the night.  QB doesn't hold the ball and take sacks either. Quick strike passing game. Eldo made adjustments after going down 14-0 but could never recover.   Must have been lots of mouthing by Searcy though.  I think they had 5 unsportsmanlike calls. Worst official on our sideline I have ever seen.  Phantom fumble, phantom onside kick recovery and a non call on targeting (not a dirty play by Searcy)  Kid hit our receiver, who was defenseless,  under the chin with top of helmet.  Our kid's helmet flies off.  Broken jaw, concussion.  Out on the field. No call. Officials didn't lose it but dang you expect better in the 6A playoffs.

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 17, 2017, 10:35:23 pm
Eldo had trouble with the speed of Searcy's WR's all night. 3 steps behind the guys on deep routes most of the night.  QB doesn't hold the ball and take sacks either. Quick strike passing game. Eldo made adjustments after going down 14-0 but could never recover.   Must have been lots of mouthing by Searcy though.  I think they had 5 unsportsmanlike calls. Worst official on our sideline I have ever seen.  Phantom fumble, phantom onside kick recovery and a non call on targeting (not a dirty play by Searcy)  Kid hit our receiver, who was defenseless,  under the chin with top of helmet.  Our kid's helmet flies off.  Broken jaw, concussion.  Out on the field. No call. Officials didn't lose it but dang you expect better in the 6A playoffs.

Sounds like it was a physical intense  and frustrating game (esp if an ED fan based on the outcome).

zebradynasty

See my post above! LOL! I tried to warn you that Searcy would be tough. Eldo probably hasn't faced a passing game this good but once all year. Searcy's passing game is built to negate the pass rush and the QB has a strong arm that allows the ball to get there fast. PB has a decent secondary that is fast and experience. We created some TO's the first time we met. 

protegewill

Quote from: Bigred18 on November 11, 2017, 02:09:09 am
I'm not sure about this matchup but it will be a good game I'm taking Searcy in a close game.

You were the one of the only posters on here that gave Searcy a chance to win this game. It was truly the biggest upset in 6A this year. Upsetting a team that's picked by everyone to win is part of what makes the playoffs so exciting and fun. "This is why we play the game" (In my Herman Edwards voice). Seriously though; Hats off to the players and coaching staff, you did a great job.

Observer35

Purple at you must have been watching a different game or your the doctor that got kicked out at half time the kid took his own helmet off and was never knocked out ask your coach about the fumble I talked to him he said it was the right call and that's the back judges call not the side judge all I saw was searcey came to play and ed didn't and by the time Ed woke up it was to late

thebigshot

When the kid from El Dorado got hurt with the head injury, Dr. Calloway told the refs what happen and told them they need to take control of the game better and he got ejected. Not making excuses but  searcy did come to play, better team won. I see Pine Bluff going the championship this year again.

Hogman2018

He should of got ejected if he said that! He is part of game management. Thats ok Eldo fans just do like Gate just say wait till next year we will be loaded!! Eldo defense was pretty good when i saw them earlier but their offense was average! I really like Coach Reed he is a really good guy!!

Bigred18

Quote from: protegewill on November 18, 2017, 07:06:57 am
You were the one of the only posters on here that gave Searcy a chance to win this game. It was truly the biggest upset in 6A this year. Upsetting a team that's picked by everyone to win is part of what makes the playoffs so exciting and fun. "This is why we play the game" (In my Herman Edwards voice). Seriously though; Hats off to the players and coaching staff, you did a great job.
Well I just see that Searcy has the ability to hang with the top teams in 6a. From the way I see it if Searcy had played better with less turnovers they could have only one loss and could have been undefeated up to this point. Even our community expected Searcy to lose and that's what made this game even better. Great season to El Dorado

bulldogger15

Quote from: thebigshot on November 18, 2017, 08:14:52 am
When the kid from El Dorado got hurt with the head injury, Dr. Calloway told the refs what happen and told them they need to take control of the game better and he got ejected. Not making excuses but  searcy did come to play, better team won. I see Pine Bluff going the championship this year again.
+1

Pine Bluff will get what they've been looking for all season from the Greenwood Bulldogs.

GUARANTEED.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

gatecrasher

Searcy got the attention of the entire state last night.
Congrats.

bulldogger15

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 18, 2017, 10:42:53 am
Congrats.
Lolololololololololololololol

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Pr8hd

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 18, 2017, 10:42:53 am
Congrats.

I would agree, a big win for the Lions against a formidable team in the playoffs.

dragondad

Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on November 11, 2017, 03:18:14 am
El Dorado wins convincingly. 35-13. Defense is too good and Searcy is in the East, Enough said.

I guess since you like coming to the 3A board to trash JC, you can just come on down and watch in person....since your Friday night schedule just got cleared.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Observer35 on November 18, 2017, 07:24:06 am
Purple at you must have been watching a different game or your the doctor that got kicked out at half time the kid took his own helmet off and was never knocked out ask your coach about the fumble I talked to him he said it was the right call and that's the back judges call not the side judge all I saw was searcey came to play and ed didn't and by the time Ed woke up it was to late

Yeah whatever.  I'm am flattered you created an account just to address me though.  Ill give you a plus for that

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: dragondad on November 18, 2017, 02:33:31 pm
I guess since you like coming to the 3A board to trash JC, you can just come on down and watch in person....since your Friday night schedule just got cleared.

Why would I want to come to Hickville to watch a football game. I own no overalls and have all my teeth. JC is still 2A and plays in a weak conference. But most of 3A is weak. Guess you guys figured you would lose this year so you got AAA to skew the numbers to say there was a "mistake" on Louisiana kids attending so you can drop back to 2A. But, good luck Friday none the less!!

dragondad

Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on November 20, 2017, 10:48:52 pm
Why would I want to come to Hickville to watch a football game. I own no overalls and have all my teeth. JC is still 2A and plays in a weak conference. But most of 3A is weak. Guess you guys figured you would lose this year so you got AAA to skew the numbers to say there was a "mistake" on Louisiana kids attending so you can drop back to 2A. But, good luck Friday none the less!!

You can stop taking narcotics, that thumping y'all took is over.  That throbing in your head is just the sound of basketballs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas