• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westside Warriors

Started by breezy b, November 09, 2017, 08:44:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

breezy b

Just looking to see everybody's opinion on Westside.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: breezy b on November 09, 2017, 08:44:45 am
Just looking to see everybody's opinion on Westside.

Tall, athletic, good all around team if they're anything like last year. Should contend for the conference title.

Runnin With The Pack

Should be a pretty salty bunch...I noticed that Riley Felkins, the talented 9th grader that started on last year's team, has grown from 5-9 to 6-1, so they'll have 2 starting guards w/decent size.  They have decent inside height w/Sheffield (6-6) and Rockers (6-4), but might need a bit more brawn and muscle.  In other words, a typical Westside team.

Bbal789

November 24, 2017, 11:06:09 pm #3 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 11:26:50 pm by Bbal789
Avery Felts is a top player in 4a for sure. Will definitely contend for state

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 24, 2017, 11:06:09 pm
Avery Felts is a top player in 4a for sure. Will definitely contend for state

A really talented team, Brookland host Them 12/15 at our new arena.
Should be a great game!!

Bbal789

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 25, 2017, 11:14:39 am

A really talented team, Brookland host Them 12/15 at our new arena.
Should be a great game!!

Should be a really good game. I think Brookland will probably pull this win out. They just knocked off a very good Nettleton team.

breezy b

Ive heard they got a move in from bay that can shoot pretty well.

87DAWG

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 25, 2017, 03:46:17 pm
Should be a really good game. I think Brookland will probably pull this win out. They just knocked off a very good Nettleton team.
Was Nettleton fully staffed? Rumor is they didn't have the whole cast there? No matter good win.

Donnie Jamon

Nettleton still had football guys out.

Westside lost to Southside 51-50. Brookland beat Manila 41-23

Bbal789

December 03, 2017, 06:10:13 pm #9 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 06:22:26 pm by Bbal789
Does anyone know anything about the Westside's game against North Little Rock. North Little Rock is arguably the best team in the state with arguably the best player in Moses Moody. Only losing by 7 points is pretty impressive. Heard a lot of good things about Avery Felts so far and heard they are an amazing three point shooting team. Sort of like Pea Ridge from last year.

RebelRouser19

No he sucks, from what I've heard...

Bbal789

Quote from: RebelRouser19 on December 04, 2017, 10:54:30 am

You think Avery Felts sucks? Im sure most people would disagree with that

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Bbal789 on December 03, 2017, 06:10:13 pm
Does anyone know anything about the Westside's game against North Little Rock. North Little Rock is arguably the best team in the state with arguably the best player in Moses Moody. Only losing by 7 points is pretty impressive. Heard a lot of good things about Avery Felts so far and heard they are an amazing three point shooting team. Sort of like Pea Ridge from last year.

I said it before that Westside should compete for the conference. Felts will be one of the better players in the conference and Westside can shoot.

Brookland beat Nettleton, but then they lost to Wynne and had a big loss to Baptist Prep, have to show up to all games ready to play.

NLR was a great team that was probably better than Jonesboro from what I've heard, not really sure how NLR managed to lose but I heard it was a good game.

Nettleton will continue to improve and as long as they don't slack they'll compete with most teams, they're athletic and they have a great defense but they can have stagnant stretches on offense that will hurt them.

87DAWG

Quote from: RebelRouser19 on December 04, 2017, 10:54:30 am
Felts does not suck and he has been playing and starting, I believe, since he was a Freshman! Haven't seen him this year but have heard he had a good summer.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 04, 2017, 04:00:42 pm #14 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:32:16 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
As a Brookland fan , and rival of Westside , Felts is a heck of a player!! Very athletic and can get to the rim or pull up from deep. So it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he gets in early foul trouble ... Lol

hogfan7

Westside lost to Batesville Southside in a close game, but Southside played terrible.  Got lucky to win.  If Southside had been playing 1/2 way decent, they would have killed Westside.  Felts is a good player, too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas