• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some will disagree, but through 7 weeks, I have West #1 in 7A

Started by Razorback Red, October 13, 2017, 10:33:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

My ranking:

1.  West- they have the most impressive win with the dominating road win tonight
2.  NLR- steady all year, can they get over the hump and win a title?
3.  Bryant- Good win tonight without QB
4.  Bentonville- Getting better each week.  Noncon losses don't count now. 
5.  Harber- Still dangerous, you don't want to see them in playoffs
6.  Conway- Just keep winning
7.  Fayetteville- Best 4 loss team in the state

Take your pick after top 7

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 13, 2017, 10:33:19 pm
My ranking:

1.  West- they have the most impressive win with the dominating road win tonight
2.  NLR- steady all year, can they get over the hump and win a title?
4.  Bentonville- Getting better each week.  Noncon losses don't count now. 
5.  Harber- Still dangerous, you don't want to see them in playoffs
6.  Conway- Just keep winning
7.  Fayetteville- Best 4 loss team in the state

Take your pick after top 7

I don't think Bryant is as good as a lot of folks think.  I think the champion comes from the other four in your top 5.

I really think this is NLR's year, but they've disappointed me many times before.

beach bum

Razorback Red

I do think NLR has a great shot this season to win it all, but through 7 weeks they have played 1 good team.  Granted, they did beat Conway handily.

Not sure how the bracket will set up yet, but a final four of NLR, West, Bville and Harber would not surprise me with Bryant's injury. 

Razorback Red

October 13, 2017, 11:04:25 pm #4 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:14:05 pm by Razorback Red
Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2017, 10:52:09 pm
This only further proves PA would win 7A this year.....

Not sure your point?  PA is a great team.  GW is a great team.  I'm guessing both of their goals are to win state titles.  Could they either one beat any 7A team this year, very possible.  Not sure if either could handle the week in and week out of the 7A West.  Imagine playing HB, West, BHS or FHS in back to back weeks.  Not easy. 

Personally, I have no issue if anyone thinks GW is the top team in the state.  7A/6A very close and should be combined IMO.  Not as convinced with PA.  Not sure they have the horses in the trenches.  I watched them on TV and the offense is great, but that was a bad team they played.  Your not gonna score every possession against a solid D. 

Let's just appreciate that AR HS football has improved a ton over the past 10 years. 

I am excited about the PA/HB series coming up, not to see whose better, but it's a great noncon test for both teams and exciting for the state.  I am of the opinion that it's ok to play and lose a noncon game, state titles are the goal.  I loved it when BHS played Trinity and Bergen Catholic.  Lost both, but saw that we were right there with top-tier teams in the nation.  I thought it was great that PA went out and played a top-tier team in UT.  So they lost, but still won state, that's all that matters. 

PA Dad

I don't know how PA would fare in 7A and neither does anyone else.  But I don't buy the argument that PA couldn't take the grind.  PA wears out defenses.  And they would wear out most 7A defenses.

We'll get some idea next year when PA plays Harber.

By the way, I think PA would beat GW this year.  I'd love to see that game.

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on October 13, 2017, 11:14:01 pm
I don't know how PA would fare in 7A and neither does anyone else.  But I don't buy the argument that PA couldn't take the grind.  PA wears out defenses.  And they would wear out most 7A defenses.

See the comment I added above while you were typing.  That will be a fun series.  Outcome has no bearning on either team, but good for AR. 

I am not knocking on PA at all, they have a great program.  I do think you are underestimating the grind of playing top-tier D's each week.  I would like to see PA also schedule a series with NLR, would be fun for the metroplex and a good test to get both teams ready for conf. 

I would pay to see the PA/GW game this year, they've always been great in the past. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 13, 2017, 11:17:25 pm
See the comment I added above while you were typing.  That will be a fun series.  Outcome has no bearning on either team, but good for AR. 

I am not knocking on PA at all, they have a great program.  I do think you are underestimating the grind of playing top-tier D's each week.  I would like to see PA also schedule a series with NLR, would be fun for the metroplex and a good test to get both teams ready for conf. 

I would pay to see the PA/GW game this year, they've always been great in the past.

I would love  to see a NLR/PA series.  It would be well attended and NLR really needs to up the difficulty of its non conference opponents.

Razorback Red

October 13, 2017, 11:33:14 pm #8 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:38:17 pm by Razorback Red
Quote from: PA Dad on October 13, 2017, 11:30:29 pm
I would love  to see a NLR/PA series.  It would be well attended and NLR really needs to up the difficulty of its non conference opponents.

Yes they do.  I stated in preseason their their noncon schedule is embarrassing for a power 7A team. 

I'm guessing a PA/NLR game would rival the Salt Bowl in attendance. 

These overall rankings always make me laugh because we'll never know, but makes for fun discussion. 

I always appreciate that you and I can discuss respectfully.  I noticed that some GW/PA fans get chippy with each other having the discussion.  Just strengthens the case that they should play every year I guess?

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 13, 2017, 11:33:14 pm
Yes they do.  I stated in preseason their their noncon schedule is embarrassing for a power 7A team. 

I'm guessing a PA/NLR game would rival the Salt Bowl in attendance. 

These overall rankings always make me laugh because we'll never know, but makes for fun discussion.

I agree.  Just for fun, I did an overall top 10 poll on the 5A board to see how it would compare with the FF rankings.  Our poll was NLR, Harber, GW, PA and Bryant.  Much different from the FF poll and our posters are pretty knowledgeable.

And i'm greatly amused by the geniuses that can say, with absolute certainty, which team would win a matchup that will not occur.  That's dang good!

High Voltage

I think he means depth wise week in and week out. That is a tough grind, but I'm sure if CKK were thrown in the 7A he would find the players.

bulldogger15

Not so much PA dad. One word: WOMACK!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Walter

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 13, 2017, 10:33:19 pm
My ranking:

I would disagree with that statement. Mr. Meadors, I think, came in as a sophomore and did a good job. He is not as good as Ren yet and just has a lot to learn.

Baitshop

In my opinion, North Little Rock is the best team in the state today. Benny beat Harbor because of Seven turnovers from the Wildcats. Bryant may have the best defense in the state but their injury to the starting quarterback will keep them from making the state championship game in my opinion. Cabot's entire backfield is injured right now is my understanding. Fayetteville doesn't have the horses this year and, barring injury, North Little Rock has all the tools today to win the state championship.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2017, 04:50:03 pm
In my opinion, North Little Rock is the best team in the state today. Benny beat Harbor because of Seven turnovers from the Wildcats. Bryant may have the best defense in the state but their injury to the starting quarterback will keep them from making the state championship game in my opinion. Cabot's entire backfield is injured right now is my understanding. Fayetteville doesn't have the horses this year and, barring injury, North Little Rock has all the tools today to win the state championship.
I went to the Harber vs. West game. Harber is not that good and West dominated that game. Harber cannot throw the ball well. Defense is good but the rest lacks any punch. West may be the best team in 7A along with NLR.

tj1987

Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2017, 04:50:03 pm
NLR is always an unknown because they dont play anybody until the playoffs.  Remember they were actually favored in the State title game against Fay and were completely outclassed and manhandled. In fact in 2 years vs fay they lost 53-14 and 53-19 both times media claimed they were ready. Bentonville West had a lot to do with the turnovers against Har-ber they overwhelmed the Harber O-line and their QB. Not saying NLR cant do it but they havent proven to be truly elite yet.  Watch out for West in the playoffs they pay very hard and play like they have something to prove.

Razorback Red

I have no issue with NLR or West being 1 overall, I am going with West because they've played a tougher schedule.  At this point, I would have Bentonville 3 and Bryant 4.  I know Bryant is undefeated, but the eye test right now goes to Bville.  I would go FHS at 5, Harber at 6, Conway at 7.  Nobody outside those 7 has a chance to win state. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas