• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how does russellville make the playoffs ?

Started by ArkansasBoy, October 13, 2017, 12:53:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasBoy

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 13, 2017, 01:03:55 pm #1 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:57:32 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Not be the last 4 teams in the 6A when the regular season ends. 

Russellville probably ends the season 4-6.   With a win over Siloam Springs. 

ArkansasBoy

you don't think Russellville can beat the hogs?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 13, 2017, 01:05:29 pm
you don't think Russellville can beat the hogs?

I'll be able to tell alot more after tonight.   I think AHS will be a favorite being it's at their place.  The only common team ya'll have played is Lake Hamilton.  Your game was a track meet.  AHS's game looks like it was either a defensive battle or just a cluster of mistakes.   Either way, you're both 3-3.  It will be interesting to watch and see how both teams finish out the year.  We'll all know more after tonight.

ArkansasBoy

RiverRunner02

Top 6 from each conference make it. Top 2 seeds will get a bye. I imagine Rville being a 4-5 seed. 4 seed would give home field advantage in the first round to Rville

maxswine

The bottom 2 teams don't make it (not 3 like earlier stated in this thread).  Sheridan won't make it.  If Siloam beats Lake Hamilton tonight, Russellville is pretty much assured to be in unless Lake Hamilton upsets both Greenwood and Benton. That won't happen.  If Lake Hamilton wins over Siloam and Russellville loses out, then you will most likely have a 3 way tie for the 5th and 6th seed between Lake Hamilton, Siloam, and Russellville. 

Russellville may be pretty much in tonight if Siloam wins.  If they don't, Russellville can lose the rest but they must beat Siloam to be assured to be in.   

ArkansasBoy

i feel like we have a really good chance of making it

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 13, 2017, 01:41:53 pm
The bottom 2 teams don't make it (not 3 like earlier stated in this thread).  Sheridan won't make it.  If Siloam beats Lake Hamilton tonight, Russellville is pretty much assured to be in unless Lake Hamilton upsets both Greenwood and Benton. That won't happen.  If Lake Hamilton wins over Siloam and Russellville loses out, then you will most likely have a 3 way tie for the 5th and 6th seed between Lake Hamilton, Siloam, and Russellville. 

Russellville may be pretty much in tonight if Siloam wins.  If they don't, Russellville can lose the rest but they must beat Siloam to be assured to be in.   

There are only 12 spots available in the playoffs. 

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 13, 2017, 01:49:35 pm
There are only 12 spots available in the playoffs.

Yes, I know. Do you understand? 

There are 8 teams in each conference.  The top 6 from each 6A conference make it.  The bottom 2 in each don't make the playoffs. 

Hogman2018

U wont beat Texarkana next week at home! They will finally have all of the injured starters back for yall! We had 5 starters out the last two weeks! But i do believe it will be a very good game even though that long bus ride wont be easy!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: maxswine on October 13, 2017, 01:51:49 pm
Yes, I know. Do you understand? 

There are 8 teams in each conference.  The top 6 from each 6A conference make it.  The bottom 2 in each don't make the playoffs. 

My bad, I overlooked WM on the board.  So it appeared that there were only 15 teams. 

maxswine

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 13, 2017, 01:59:02 pm
My bad, I overlooked WM on the board.  So it appeared that there were only 15 teams.

It's cool.  Sheridan and LH/Siloam won't make in on the South side and  Hall and whoever on the East side.    Or west and north or whatever they call it nowadays.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 13, 2017, 01:53:38 pm
U wont beat Texarkana next week at home! They will finally have all of the injured starters back for yall! We had 5 starters out the last two weeks! But i do believe it will be a very good game even though that long bus ride wont be easy!

I agree.    It will go one of two ways.  If Russellville can travel well, then it will be a close game.  If they don't, it very well could be a mercy rule.

bulldogger15

Watch for the old "I'm going to try calling four timeouts in one half trick" that Coach Weaver pulled on the Bulldogs Hogman. It almost worked, no, it really didn't...

This game will come down to coaching and Texarkana has the advantage there hands down.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Valleysports

Man I always loved long bus rides - our longest was to Texarkana.  Of course we always stomped the crap out of Texarkana (Texas High), but even if they hadn't been an easy win I would've still enjoyed sitting back on that Trailway Motor Coach, after the post game steak dinner.   ;)

AHS06

Quote from: Valleysports on October 15, 2017, 08:47:36 pm
Man I always loved long bus rides - our longest was to Texarkana.  Of course we always stomped the crap out of Texarkana (Texas High), but even if they hadn't been an easy win I would've still enjoyed sitting back on that Trailway Motor Coach, after the post game steak dinner.   ;)
A lot has changed since then , huh?   Lee is not doing much now days.  BTW you're right, I always liked those long bus rides.

Valleysports

LOL AHS06 you really figured me out didn't you?  Win or Lose, football prepares young men for life.  Honestly I think learning to play for a team, that struggles, teaches more than playing for a team that knows nothing but winning.  Obviously a bench warmer, but look at bulldoggy, stuck in high school rinse cycle.

hogsanddogs

Quote from: Valleysports on October 18, 2017, 11:58:48 am
LOL AHS06 you really figured me out didn't you?  Win or Lose, football prepares young men for life.  Honestly I think learning to play for a team, that struggles, teaches more than playing for a team that knows nothing but winning.  Obviously a bench warmer, but look at bulldoggy, stuck in high school rinse cycle.
Are you saying teams that win a lot don't learn as many lessons as teams that get beat a lot? Even kids on winning teams have to rally around each other in times of hardship. Winning doesn't mean there is no adversity in your live.  I know some kids on a "Winning team" that have more life lessons than they need. Maybe I read this wrong but if you are referring to Greenwood as the team who wins a lot, don't you think they learned some tough lessons. Win 12 games and lose the last. I watched those boys leaving the field.  That was a lesson. They had a coach that was is the hospital and he really was in critical condition for a long time. Some of them have lost family members. The life lessons you learn as a football team don't always happen on the field. Sorry for the rant but that struck me kinda wrong.

bulldogger15

Lol, you really got me that time Valley!

Unfortunately sir your loser mentality is contagious in our society today more than ever. I wonder if all the hard work the Greenwood Bulldogs are put through by Coach Jones has helped the likes of Tyler Wilson, Daniel Stegall, Drew Morgan, Spencer Harris, Grant Morgan, Connor Noland, Jon Womack, Kenny Wood or Peyton Holt learn anything?

EXPECTATIONS OF PLAYERS - Ricky Don Jones

We will keep our priorities in order.

A. God, B. Family, C. Academics, D. Football, E. Everything else

We will do it hard, do it right, or do it again.

We will put the team first.

We will do our best in everything we do.

We will be good role models.

We will treat everyone with respect.

We will not be negatively influenced by peer pressure.

We will never compromise what is right.

We will help each other get better.

We will have the courage and conviction to stand up for what is right.

If this is what you call stuck on rinse cycle genius? The only thing that is STUCK is your head where I didn't think it could naturally reach Valley! 

Winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing.....

You should try winning more often Valley. It feels great and it really is contagious. Kids seem to really like it too!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

maxswine

Every thread man.  Every thread gets derailed by the same person.

AHS06

Valleysports

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 19, 2017, 12:45:28 am
Lol, you really got me that time Valley!

Unfortunately sir your loser mentality is contagious in our society today more than ever. I wonder if all the hard work the Greenwood Bulldogs are put through by Coach Jones has helped the likes of Tyler Wilson, Daniel Stegall, Drew Morgan, Spencer Harris, Grant Morgan, Connor Noland, Jon Womack, Kenny Wood or Peyton Holt learn anything?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Those are certainly great guys for you to look up too, Al Bundy. 

bulldogger15

I agree. Every thread gets derailed by the same person. Valley really needs to start acting like a Hall of Famer and not the Hall of Shamer he's trolling around like. What does this statement have to do with the thread topic? Zero. Thread derailed? Another forum topic hijacked? Yes. Yes it was. 

Say it isn't so Valley. Please!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas