• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana at Benton

Started by AHS06, October 02, 2017, 09:41:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AHS06

Texarkana_Piggie

after seeing the score from last week's benton game, this one scares me a little.  go hogs!

Wildcat Football

This will be a Benton Off v. Hog Def matchup.  If Benton takes care of the ball, they win 35-21.  The speed factor may give Texarkana some advantages, but as goes RB Wallace/OL Blocking goes Benton.  Texarkana will have to score some points to keep up with the Panther's prolific offense.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

If Texarkana can contain Wallace then it might get ugly for Benton.  I don't think Benton has the speed or horses to stop Texarkana on offense. 

Texarkana  35
Benton  24

Hogman2018

Benton wont score 35 pts on Texarkana!!

PrivateLesson

Ahhh....the dark horse contender..... :)   I'll shock and awe and go with Texarkana by 3. 

AHS06

We will have to put up some points to beat Benton.  Our defense will keep the game manageable but our offense needs to pick it up.  We aren't getting the production from the running game that is needed to balance the offense.  Our RBs have to start hitting and making their own holes. 

Benton has played a really soft schedule up to this point (exclude Bryant).

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 02, 2017, 02:15:23 pm
Benton wont score 35 pts on Texarkana!!

Texarkana - 35
Benton - 24

This prediction means that Texarkana will score 35 points.  NOT give up 35 points.  :)

Hogman2018

Wildcat Football predicted 35 pts! Read previous post

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 02, 2017, 03:09:44 pm
Wildcat Football predicted 35 pts! Read previous post

I must have posted before you could post.  :) 

Lumberjackfan1978

Hogs88

Oldbadger

Benton 49, Texarkana 14.  Russellville is better than Texarkana or Lake Hamilton.  Hogs rely on speed to make up for numerous offensive and defensive mistakes.  Hogs can't pass or block efficiently. Lake Hamilton did a good job neutralizing the hogs speed by stringING the runners out.

ArkansasBoy

you really think russellville is better ? then them two which benton wont have there starting qb

maxswine

I saw Benton play against Russellville and win with their 3rd string quarterback (I think).  I think Benton is explosive offensively whoever they have at QB.  Too many weapons to stop.  Their running back is very patient.  I think Benton can score on anyone. 

I think Benton scores  in the 40s but to be fair, I have not seen Texarkana yet this year.  Thinking about taking this one in. 

ArkansasBoy

there running back just has a really big and good o-line plain and simple the 3rd quater back wasnt that good he could just run really couldnt pass but benton is a really good team this year they are d a contender

admorris24

Benton's soph QB, who will be back this week is very good.  He was battling for the starting job before breaking his collarbone.  He is a dual threat qb, which will make their offense more explosive.  Also allows Gavin Wells to move back to receiver as well.  They hung 42 on RV and 49 on SS with their 3rd string QB, so they will score on Texarkana.  Texarkana will give them trouble early with their speed, but Benton oline will be too much.  Benton 42-21

High Voltage

This is going to be a prolific offensive match up and will be a high scoring affair!

Benton - 10
AHS - 7

Oldbadger

Quote from: High Voltage on October 04, 2017, 10:22:11 am
This is going to be a prolific offensive match up and will be a high scoring affair!

Benton - 10
AHS - 7
?lol

Oldbadger

Quote from: admorris24 on October 04, 2017, 10:17:39 am
Benton's soph QB, who will be back this week is very good.  He was battling for the starting job before breaking his collarbone.  He is a dual threat qb, which will make their offense more explosive.  Also allows Gavin Wells to move back to receiver as well.  They hung 42 on RV and 49 on SS with their 3rd string QB, so they will score on Texarkana.  Texarkana will give them trouble early with their speed, but Benton oline will be too much.  Benton 42-21
They also hung 42 on the number 2 team in the state, Bryant!

AHS06

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 04, 2017, 09:02:16 am
Benton 49, Texarkana 14.  Russellville is better than Texarkana or Lake Hamilton.  Hogs rely on speed to make up for numerous offensive and defensive mistakes.  Hogs can't pass or block efficiently. Lake Hamilton did a good job neutralizing the hogs speed by stringING the runners out.
Russellville better than Texarkan and Lake Hamilton LOL

The Future

I'm gonna have to go with Benton in this one.
Hogs won't make it easy though.

Benton 28
Texarkana 21

AHS06

Quote from: admorris24 on October 04, 2017, 10:17:39 am
This will not be the biggest or best o-line challenge for the Hogs.  We've seen bigger and better.  The question will be can Benton's line hold their blocks?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 04, 2017, 09:02:16 am

How is Russellville better than Texarkana or Lake Hamilton in your opinion? 

Oldbadger

All three teams I watched on HUDL.  I watched each of their last games, one of which was Lake Hamilton against Texarkana, and Benton against Russellville.  The only strength I say with Texarkana, was, of course their speed, primarily with their recievers and backs.  I saw nothing with LH that I would say was a strength other than, I felt they were more disciplined than Texarkana.  I mean a 14 to 9 game!! Texarkana could not pass effectively and could not hold their blocks to protect the passer who constantly had to roll out.  Russellville is more disciplined, can hold their blocks, and has an effective passing game.  Don't get me wrong, Texarkana could possible beat Russellville, but I wouldn't bet on it. Lake Hamilton is having trouble with the option and could not run against the Hogs and also could not complete passes.  I just think that Russellville will jell soon and make some noise. I also feel they will end up in the playoffs.  Also, Texarkana makes too many mistakes and tries, sometimes successfully, to cover it up with their speed.  A good team will take advantage of those mistakes and make them pay dearly. All in all, all three teams are capable of beating the other on any given day.  But, all things considered, Russellville is better.

Panther36

Quote from: ArkansasBoy on October 04, 2017, 09:27:38 am
there running back just has a really big and good o-line plain and simple the 3rd quater back wasnt that good he could just run really couldnt pass but benton is a really good team this year they are d a contender

I'm pretty sure any team would love to plug in a 3rd QB(that hasn't played the position since 8th grade) and have him go 17-22 185 yds and 2 TDS.

Hogman2018

Just remember who u played panther a big difference! I think Texarkana will be a little bit better than SS!

Hogman2018

OldBadger i promise you Russleville will not beat Texarkana! Dont go by the last game we had 5 starters out we knew it would be close game with LH! We will be the best defense that Benton has played! Yall wont score 49  pts on us although I think yall are the favorites to win the game

Oldbadger

Probably will be a lot closer than I said, but will be a good game, none the less.

AHS06

Quote from: Panther36 on October 04, 2017, 11:41:15 am
I'm pretty sure any team would love to plug in a 3rd QB(that hasn't played the position since 8th grade) and have him go 17-22 185 yds and 2 TDS.
Your analysis just goes to show the quality of your opponent. 

AHS06

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 04, 2017, 11:37:47 am
All three teams I watched on HUDL.  I watched each of their last games, one of which was Lake Hamilton against Texarkana, and Benton against Russellville.  The only strength I say with Texarkana, was, of course their speed, primarily with their recievers and backs.  I saw nothing with LH that I would say was a strength other than, I felt they were more disciplined than Texarkana.  I mean a 14 to 9 game!! Texarkana could not pass effectively and could not hold their blocks to protect the passer who constantly had to roll out.  Russellville is more disciplined, can hold their blocks, and has an effective passing game.  Don't get me wrong, Texarkana could possible beat Russellville, but I wouldn't bet on it. Lake Hamilton is having trouble with the option and could not run against the Hogs and also could not complete passes.  I just think that Russellville will jell soon and make some noise. I also feel they will end up in the playoffs.  Also, Texarkana makes too many mistakes and tries, sometimes successfully, to cover it up with their speed.  A good team will take advantage of those mistakes and make them pay dearly. All in all, all three teams are capable of beating the other on any given day.  But, all things considered, Russellville is better.
:o :o :o :o :o :o 

Hogman2018

They also got 49 hung on them by Bryant!

bulldogger15

Quote from: maxswine on October 04, 2017, 09:23:35 am
I saw Benton play against Russellville and win with their 3rd string quarterback (I think).  I think Benton is explosive offensively whoever they have at QB.  Too many weapons to stop.  Their running back is very patient.  I think Benton can score on anyone. 

I think Benton scores  in the 40s but to be fair, I have not seen Texarkana yet this year.  Thinking about taking this one in.
Bentom might score in the 40's until they play the Greenwood Bulldogs. Benton will be lucky to score 14 in that game. Shock and awe....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Please excuse Bulldogger15.   He doesn't know how to keep is opinions out of other people's conversations.  He's gonna make someone a great wife someday!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 05, 2017, 09:14:31 am
Please excuse Bulldogger15.   He doesn't know how to keep is opinions out of other people's conversations.  He's gonna make someone a great wife someday!!
Been single a long time lad. Gonna stay that way!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 05, 2017, 09:16:16 am
Been single a long time lad. Gonna stay that way!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Hmmmmm, I wonder why?

bulldogger15

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 05, 2017, 09:16:58 am
Hmmmmm, I wonder why?
Because my wife died you PUNK. Widower son... DoYouKnowWhatADouc**eYouAre, does your mother know you have internet access?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Panther36

Quote from: AHS06 on October 04, 2017, 02:27:34 pm
Your analysis just goes to show the quality of your opponent.

He finished up the game against Russelleville when our starter went down, but I get what you are saying about SS.

Oldbadger

I've got to say that I've enjoyed my discussion of this impending game with the Hog faithful.  They were able to converse without taking the issue personally. They just discussed it in a matter of fact way. I respect you guys, and, if it is anyone else but Benton I would pull for you.  Since I am a Benton supporter, of course I can't.  But I do hope and pray for you to have a safe trip to Benton and a safe return.  The Hogs are much improved and I really do have a concern about that.  It will be a good game though.  The Hog fans are always great people and fans and I want to personally welcome you to Benton. I hope no player for either side suffers injury.  Good luck! Go Panthers!

maxswine

Why do so many threads get derailed, I wonder.  This is about Texarkana vs Benton.  I said Benton would score in the 40s vs Texarkana in my opinion and apparently that was a shot against Greenwood.  Unreal.

I do think Benton wins this week.  It will be interesting to see if there are any kinks to work out as they get a little healthier with a QB who has not played this year.  I think this is the most intriguing game in 6A this week.

Lumberjackfan1978

I don't really think Benton will score 40 but I do think they will score enough to win

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 05, 2017, 06:54:39 pm
I've got to say that I've enjoyed my discussion of this impending game with the Hog faithful.  They were able to converse without taking the issue personally. They just discussed it in a matter of fact way. I respect you guys, and, if it is anyone else but Benton I would pull for you.  Since I am a Benton supporter, of course I can't.  But I do hope and pray for you to have a safe trip to Benton and a safe return.  The Hogs are much improved and I really do have a concern about that.  It will be a good game though.  The Hog fans are always great people and fans and I want to personally welcome you to Benton. I hope no player for either side suffers injury.  Good luck! Go Panthers!
I always enjoy your posts and comments Oldbadger.    I'm eager to see who wins.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 05, 2017, 09:22:34 am
Because my wife died you PUNK. Widower son... DoYouKnowWhatADouc**eYouAre, does your mother know you have internet access?

GO BULLDOGS!!!
I'm sorry to hear about your wife and Mother.

Hogman2018

Bullpuppy look who is calling somebody a punk! Im sure they are in a better place now than being around You!

Pr8hd

AHS is talented and clearly Benton has been lighting the scoreboard at a nice clip....Will be interested to see how this one pans out.

rona

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 06, 2017, 01:53:27 pm
AHS is talented and clearly Benton has been lighting the scoreboard at a nice clip....Will be interested to see how this one pans out.

Benton has a good offense, but not as talented as AHS. Critical Tyrnovers and untimely penalties will make the difference IMO.

Bigfootdogfan

Will this game be streamed live ?

sssuperpantherfan2

Panther36

Panther36

7-6 tX missed do 6:00 left 1Q

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas