• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southside at Cabot

Started by Grizzlyfan, September 28, 2017, 03:17:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlyfan

Can Cabot slow down the Southside offense that appears to be clicking?

francocat

Very tough game to handicap. Totally opposite offensive strategies. For SS, the second long road trip, the loss at Conway & how much that took out of them (physically & mentally) & having to face that battering ram Cabot offense, sure makes this look like a Cabot win. But Taye made me a believer last week, so maybe he works his magic!

Baitshop

September 28, 2017, 03:56:47 pm #2 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 04:00:32 pm by Baitshop
Having watched every Southside game film from this year and the Eldo/Cabot game (a 24-28 loss for Cabot) I think that Southside will be able to move the ball and score. They have seemed to have found themselves offensively as the 2 outside receivers have established themselves as true deep threats which has freed up Gatewood and the RB's a lot. Gatewood has been a beast both throwing and running the past couple of weeks accounting for 11 TD's in those two games. Greenwood had by far, the best defense that we have seen this year and Cabot's not quite in their league

My concern is can our defense stop or minimize the 2 or 3 big plays that we find ourselves giving up lately that end up in points on the board for the other team. Cabot's gonna try and run it down our throats this week, so slowing that down or getting a turn over or 2 will be important.

If Southside can get up a couple of scores and force Cabot into throwing the ball more in the 2nd half, I think that the Rebels have a decent chance of leaving Cabot with a win Friday night.

The Future

Southside in the hard fought upset by 7.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 28, 2017, 03:56:47 pm
Having watched every Southside game film from this year and the Eldo/Cabot game (a 24-28 loss for Cabot) I think that Southside will be able to move the ball and score. They have seemed to have found themselves offensively as the 2 outside receivers have established themselves as true deep threats which has freed up Gatewood and the RB's a lot. Gatewood has been a beast both throwing and running the past couple of weeks accounting for 11 TD's in those two games. Greenwood had by far, the best defense that we have seen this year and Cabot's not quite in their league

My concern is can our defense stop or minimize the 2 or 3 big plays that we find ourselves giving up lately that end up in points on the board for the other team. Cabot's gonna try and run it down our throats this week, so slowing that down or getting a turn over or 2 will be important.

If Southside can get up a couple of scores and force Cabot into throwing the ball more in the 2nd half, I think that the Rebels have a decent chance of leaving Cabot with a win Friday night.
Cabot is not quite in Greenwood's league? Great observation StinkBait. You do what you guys need to do tonight vs Cabot. Watch what happens to El Dorado tonight in Greenwood!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

September 29, 2017, 04:41:48 pm #5 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:45:44 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 29, 2017, 12:50:10 pm
Cabot is not quite in Greenwood's league? Great observation StinkBait. You do what you guys need to do tonight vs Cabot. Watch what happens to El Dorado tonight in Greenwood!

GO MAVERICKS!!!

I will watch what happens to Greenwood tonite...sitting in the home stands.

Bigfootdogfan

Picking Southside again this week by 10. Good luck Mavs. I love Friday nights!!!!!!!

High Voltage

Ouch, did they go for two again? ::)

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 29, 2017, 04:41:48 pm
I will watch what happens to Greenwood tonite...sitting in the home stands.
At least you were able to watch some real football and the 2017 6A State Champions put it on El Dorado StinkBait!

What excuses are we going to hear now?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Don't get ahead of yourself there BullDiggity... you boys have been able to waste an undefeated season against less talented opponents in the championship game more than once in the last few years....

#russvegassaythanks

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 30, 2017, 02:16:04 am
Don't get ahead of yourself there BullDiggity... you boys have been able to waste an undefeated season against less talented opponents in the championship game more than once in the last few years....

#russvegassaythanks
The die is cast this year StinkBait. At least we can say we were undefeated going into the championship game the past two seasons. When was the last time the Mavericks (laughing hard as I type your mascots name) did the same?

This Greenwood Bulldogs team will not be denied. Luckily, you can make your way to watch your high school alma mater win another state title this December.

#ThisTeamIsSpecial

GO BULLDOGS!

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 30, 2017, 02:16:04 am

#russvegassaythanks
Yep, lost two state championship games, all the while the Mav's were deep into basketball season and CJW was still trying to figure out how to get the game film from week one into the machine. You shouldn't have changed the mascot,you should have made changes to staff!
#SSMAVSplaybigboyfootball

jeffslilbro

Southside sucks. Time for a New coach IF they want to turn things around.

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on September 30, 2017, 07:38:26 am
Yep, lost two state championship games, all the while the Mav's were deep into basketball season and CJW was still trying to figure out how to get the game film from week one into the machine. You shouldn't have changed the mascot,you should have made changes to staff!
#SSMAVSplaybigboyfootball
+1

bulldogger15

Quote from: jeffslilbro on September 30, 2017, 08:36:01 am
Southside sucks. Time for a New coach IF they want to turn things around.
+1 They could use some news fans too.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas