• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened to Mountain Home

Started by mlrfo4, September 26, 2017, 05:39:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mlrfo4

September 26, 2017, 05:39:35 pm Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:37:46 am by mlrfo4
After coming off a much improved season and only losing a handful to graduation. Expectations were they would be much improved, loaded with seniors. Appears the loss of Joyce was a big thing to the program that had been on the rebound.

B2 Stealth Bomber

I am sure others will be along to put in their two cents.  However, a rash of injuries did not help.  There are 6-8 starters out for the season.  With our numbers, that is hard to deal with. 

hurricane 09

I know injuries are part of the game of football, but 6-8 starters OUT FOR THE YEAR seems more than a little bit snake bit. How did all these injuries happen? Pre-season? Scrimmage? Non-conference games? This would be devastating to any team's reasonable expectations.

T-Bone

Quote from: hurricane 09 on October 01, 2017, 12:00:38 pm
I know injuries are part of the game of football, but 6-8 starters OUT FOR THE YEAR seems more than a little bit snake bit. How did all these injuries happen? Pre-season? Scrimmage? Non-conference games? This would be devastating to any team's reasonable expectations.

Going by your user name what about a top LB, top RB and top QB all within first part of season?  I love this game but hate to see young players, any players, hurt and not able to finish season.  We lost 3 great players it looks like this year too.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on October 01, 2017, 12:28:40 pm
Going by your user name what about a top LB, top RB and top QB all within first part of season?  I love this game but hate to see young players, any players, hurt and not able to finish season.  We lost 3 great players it looks like this year too.

Canes still have both QB's.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2017, 01:20:08 pm
Canes still have both QB's.

Very good news.  I have not talked to anyone so I didn't know.  They both have a lot to give to the team.

MHFAN

Quote from: hurricane 09 on October 01, 2017, 12:00:38 pm

4 knees in opening game against Harrison.  2 were non contact.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas