• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado @ Greenwood

Started by Pr8hd, September 24, 2017, 11:33:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Baitshop

Jeff, if you're tired of reading this perhaps YOU should move on to another thread...

Or, if you are a UofG fan, perhaps you can answer the question why Greenwood won't play teams that can or have beat them...

The Future

PADad surely you won't stoop down to Baitshops level.

Just like everything, there's a two way street. But no one chooses to see it that way because it doesn't fit their agenda.
Has Greenwood called PAaintskeered? No clue.
PA Dad, has PA called Greenwood? Why isn't that question asked?

Maybe I should just call the AD or set up an appointment or whatever and just ask him who all we have or haven't asked and who all has said yes or no to who. You'd think how much Bait wants to find out, he'd get off his burger flipping high horse and make the call or drive himself. Maybe he's use to other people doing stuff for him anyway. Either that or he'd rather stay in the dark about the issue so he can continue to silently cheer for his favorite team. And no I'm not talking about Southside.
If you spend more time hating one team than you do cheering you team, you're a fan of that first team.

Pr8hd

October 01, 2017, 07:56:20 am #102 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:08:58 am by Pr8hd
Quote from: PA Dad on September 30, 2017, 11:27:25 pm
I generally refrain from criticizing other posters, but it's easy to claim that your team can beat a team they will not play.  While many of the GW posters are reasonable, there are several this year that seem to think this GW team is the greatest in Arkansas history.  And they may be, but we'll never know because they won't play teams that are capable of beating them.

I've been over on the 5A board and there's plenty of PA fans breaking their arms patting themselves on the back as well. PADad, nice to see you have gotten out of your lane of rationality and jumped in the bus with Bait. PA's agenda seems to be on path with Kelley's ego to some degree which we all know is large and more nationally focused. You guys seem to have the fixation and ego's on being a national entity WAY more so than GW....maybe De La Salle is free for you all and you should be trolling their thread on some California high school board. PA could just as equally request 6A re-classification since they have grown beyond their britches in 5A, but they didn't and won't. Why? Maybe, we should be discussing that more so than GW's non-con schedule. Again, I don't see anyone here talking about their Max Prep rankings, where they fit in the national picture, how many times their coach can be on a syndicated show, etc. That's a Shiloh PA thing. 

The fact is no 6A team has played more 7A teams than GW since 2012 (when GW got re-classed) and no 6A team has had the success against them like GW has had in that span. We can't help that former powers Fort Smith NS and SS have fallen off the map of being good 7A teams and their fan base has developed penile envy with GW.  Bait has exceptional fixation, but he has no one else to play with anymore. They (SS) are basically irrelevant in 7A now hence not much to do over there on their boards but talk about days of former SS glory...sort of like his PA announcement of the "Mavs". 

Pr8hd

October 01, 2017, 08:10:01 am #103 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:16:27 am by Pr8hd
Quote from: The Future on October 01, 2017, 06:46:50 am
PADad surely you won't stoop down to Baitshops level.

Pretty sure he did, but hey at least his team has a high Max Preps ranking so there's that.....

If you spend more time hating one team than you do cheering you team, you're a fan of that first team.

Or if you go to the trouble to make up pseudo account name under the guise of one fan base, to troll other fan bases to satisfy some deep rooted issue, agenda, or obsession with the fan base you are masquerading under with the soul intent to make them look bad.

That's Hillary-esque level stuff. 

High Voltage

October 01, 2017, 08:14:29 am #104 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:19:42 am by High Voltage
PA Dad, has CKK got you trolling the 6A boards these days? Why hasn't PA called Greenwood? Two way street there brother! I don't know if Greenwood could beat PA or not, they are a very good team but I promise you it's not because Greenwood is scared.
Another question would be is why Southside hasn't made any calls? When they started the Greenwood series it was basically because it was a great gate and Southside was gonna bring their "Big Boy" football down and spank Greenwood, better known as little brother and all would be happy in Rebel land! Now that the series is 7-1 in favor of "Little Boy" football all Bait can do is down a team that kicks his tail every year and out coaches Southside by a mile. Southside is a washed up school where the fans, Administration and coaches didn't have the "you know what's" to stand up and fight even for their school mascot. Instead they caved and gave up. So that set the standard for being a loser. So with all this time on his hands now he trolls Greenwood. Glad you came down Friday night Baitshop, haha, watching real football is a treat huh? But hey Baitshop, Trophy's ain't won in September right? Well September is over and Southside is 0-2 in conference and 1-5 overall. So exactly when is CJW gonna start winning that trophy?

#bringbackBarry!

High Voltage

October 01, 2017, 08:20:01 am #105 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:24:07 am by High Voltage
Quote from: Baitshop on October 01, 2017, 03:20:06 am
Jeff, if you're tired of reading this perhaps YOU should move on to another thread...

Or, if you are a UofG fan, perhaps you can answer the question why Greenwood won't play teams that can or have beat them...
The better question would be why are you on the 6A board instead of supporting that juggernaut better know as Maverick football on the "Big Boy" board? Oh yeah, nevermind!

#bringbackBarry!

PA Dad

I didn't realize I would hit such nerves with that post.  And the nerves I hit were not the ones I intended to hit.

First, note that I said most GW posters are reasonable.  I consider those who have responded thus far to be in that group.

My post was actually a response to a post by another GW poster.  Specifically, it was in response to this post: 

"1 All classifications. 7A nor Pulaski Academy want any part of Greenwood right now. GUARANTEED.

GO BULLDOGS!!!"

If you're going to call out PA by saying we don't want any part of GW, I'm going  to call you on that, which is what I did.

jeffslilbro

Baitshop is lonely. Just likes to keep throwing that same lure across the pond.

PA Dad

By the way, you are much too sensitive to Bait's needling.  I know P.A. has had trouble for years trying to schedule quality OOC opponents.  It's usually not a matter of who's scared but of making the game fit in the schedule.

catfish1

PA would be Punting a bunch this yr against GW

PA Dad

Quote from: catfish1 on October 01, 2017, 10:29:10 am

I think you're wrong about that.  Even when P.A. is getting whipped like they were by Salt Lake City East last year, Kelley doesn't punt.

High Voltage

Quote from: PA Dad on October 01, 2017, 10:28:12 am
By the way, you are much too sensitive to Bait's needling.  I know P.A. has had trouble for years trying to schedule quality OOC opponents.  It's usually not a matter of who's scared but of making the game fit in the schedule.
Problem is BAITshop got baited early on. He is just upset his Mavs suck.

High Voltage

Quote from: jeffslilbro on October 01, 2017, 10:24:57 am
Baitshop is lonely. Just likes to keep throwing that same lure across the pond.
Lonely at the bottom of the 7A Central!

#bringbackBarry

gatecrasher

1. I know Coach Kelley personally. He ain't skerred to play anyone, I assure you.

2. PA beat the disc brakes off of Bossier Parkway on national television three weeks ago. Parkway has at least five D-1 recruits on their roster. One of the most talented teams in the state of Louisiana year in and year out. They would beat pretty much everyone else in Arkansas except for maybe Greenwood or Har-Ber.

Just sayin

Baitshop

October 01, 2017, 11:39:49 am #114 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:53:15 am by Baitshop
*Baitshop rebaits hook,throws the line back into the water, and pops open another Diet Mountain Dew*

The Future

Well I can't speak for everyone else PA Dad but yea I think they got your comment towards probably bulldogger15 by the sound of the post confused with actually going along with Bait and believing Greenwood actually was scared. And because Bait is so good at slinging mud and being disliked (never understood why someone would like that but oh well), when you said that yes it struck nerves lol. But hey it happens and life moves on.

Well are all (mostly) adults and we know teams are not scared to play anyone and when teams say yea or no to playing certain teams they have a reason.
But all the teams in all the state, for Greenwood to be the only one that is scared to play everyone or to be bashed for our strength of non con schedule gets old fast. Like I said in my last post, Bait and people never look both ways. Why don't Greenwood this or why don't Greenwood that. they never ask I wonder who will call Greenwood or why don't so and so call Greenwood.

I'm very much thinking about going and trying to find out exactly who all we have contacted and who all has contacted us and who has said no and yes to who.

The Future

Quote from: Baitshop on October 01, 2017, 11:39:49 am
*Baitshop rebaits hook and pops open another Diet Mountain Dew*

Diet???

High Voltage

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 01, 2017, 11:29:45 am
1. I know Coach Kelley personally. He ain't skerred to play anyone, I assure you.

2. PA beat the disc brakes off of Bossier Parkway on national television three weeks ago. Parkway has at least five D-1 recruits on their roster. One of the most talented teams in the state of Louisiana year in and year out. They would beat pretty much everyone else in Arkansas except for maybe Greenwood or Har-Ber.

Just sayin
#1, Nobody said Kelly was scared with the exception of one poster.
#2, You didn't do your homework on Bossier, they are ranked #29 in LA and 1211 Nationally. They are in a down year. Justin Rogers and Terrace Marshall are injured and did not play in the PA game. Both had leg injuries and I don't think they are back yet. http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2017/09/02/tcu-commit-justin-rogers-awaits-mri-results/628520001/
http://www.flofootball.com/article/61525-nation-s-top-wide-receiver-terrace-marshall-carted-off-with-leg-injury#.WdEccVtSzIU

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 01, 2017, 11:39:49 am
*Baitshop rebaits hook and pops open another Diet Mountain Dew*
Lol, you have been on the end of the hook this whole time, most notably by CJW's! Haha!

High Voltage

Quote from: The Future on October 01, 2017, 11:44:01 am
Diet???
I hope so, when I coached Baseball in Greenwood he coached at Church League and had to sew 2 pairs of baseball pants together so they would fit! He told me that himself!

Baitshop

*Baitshop tugs hard and hooks two at the same time*

Baitshop

1. You'd think how much Bait wants to find out, he'd get off his burger flipping high horse and make the call or drive himself.

The "burger flipping high horse" may be a little higher than your condescending comment allows...

2. Maybe he's use to other people doing stuff for him anyway.

That's kinda why you buy/run multiple businesses for over 20 years....perhaps you should try it yourself..?? 

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 01, 2017, 11:54:09 am
I hope so, when I coached Baseball in Greenwood he coached at Church League and had to sew 2 pairs of baseball pants together so they would fit! He told me that himself!

Unfortunately, nothing has changed.....

BTW, how did those matchups between your GW team and my Church League turn out for you? I'm not sure that I remember....

Baitshop

October 01, 2017, 12:39:00 pm #123 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:55:23 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: The Future on October 01, 2017, 11:43:06 am
1. And because Bait is so good at slinging mud and being disliked (never understood why someone would like that but oh well).

Disliked....who in the world doesn't like Baitshop? My Momma says that I am one of God's gifts to the world.

2. Well are all (mostly) adults and we know teams are not scared to play anyone and when teams say yea or no to playing certain teams they have a reason.
But all the teams in all the state, for Greenwood to be the only one that is scared to play everyone or to be bashed for our strength of non con schedule gets old fast.

GW's non-con schedule, according to their fans here on the board, are against a bunch of "has beens" and "cowards"....all I am doing is pointing out the FACTS that GW does NOT re-up anyone that beats them in a home and home series. (Bryant, HarBer, Conway) However, they continue to play teams that they have success against and thump their chests as though they are world beaters all the while getting beat at the end of the season against inferior talent and coaching (at least according to GW fans)

#RussvegasSaysThanks

#PineBluffx2

#Eldo

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on October 01, 2017, 08:14:29 am
When they started the Greenwood series it was basically because it was a great gate and Southside was gonna bring their "Big Boy" football down and spank Greenwood, better known as little brother and all would be happy in Rebel land! Now that the series is 7-1 in favor of "Little Boy" football all Bait can do is down a team that kicks his tail every year and out coaches Southside by a mile.

Go back and read my posts, I have NEVER ridiculed, criticized, or spoken poorly about a Greenwood player, coach, bandmember, cheerleader, or dance team member....NEVER. The reason that I post about Greenwood is because of asshats like you that make comments like the one below. The arrogance and condescension of a great number of GW posters is why many consider GW the new "Shiloh". I'm just here to make sure that it doesn't happen without comment...

Southside is a washed up school where the fans, Administration and coaches didn't have the "you know what's" to stand up and fight even for their school mascot. Instead they caved and gave up.

You have no idea about what you are talking about or just didn't pay attention....of course, that's pretty typical for the vast majority of the blue koolaid drinkers in South Sebastian County....

So that set the standard for being a loser....

And comments like this is the reason that I post, and will continue to continue to post on GW threads. There will be no free shots for UofG posters as long as I am allowed on this board.

The Future

Well look at that. Looks like you ain't the only one who knows how to fish around these parts.

So you have talked with our AD then right? Like you have hard evidence  and proof that Greenwood has indeed not called any of these teams you list? And you have proof that these teams you listed called Greenwood and we said no? You know for a 100 percent certainty that Greenwood refuses to play these teams?
If I remember correctly Harber didn't wanna keep us after they mudstomped us. Maybe we've asked them again and maybe they said no. I also remember when we were 5A Eldorado told us they didn't wanna play down a class. You're putting 100% of the blame on Greenwood but it's not our fault if a team says no.
Don't clump all us Greenwood fans into your little war with bulldogger15 and High Voltage and everything they have said. Any reasonable Dog fan might thump their chest and throw some trash talk because every team does, but is not gonna guarantee we are the top team in Arkansas and would crush PA or Harber or whoever by 6 scores.

As far as who we play, Northside I don't care if we keep or drop honestly. But Southside I like keeping because cycles change in football. Williams is a great coach. The talent level just happens to be down I guess there. Jones won't be at Greenwood forever. One day he'll step down. And what would you say if Southside made it 6 years in a row against Greenwood? Then what would you say if we tried to end the series? That's what rivalries are all about. I don't wanna speak for the powers at be here in Greenwood. But I'm sure that plays a factor in who we play and keep. I'm pretty certain if Alma had the 13 year streak against us, we wouldn't drop them. Cause that's the game and that's the rivalry.

Baitshop

Quote from: The Future on October 01, 2017, 12:58:26 pm

So you have talked with our AD then right? Like you have hard evidence  and proof that Greenwood has indeed not called any of these teams you list? And you have proof that these teams you listed called Greenwood and we said no? You know for a 100 percent certainty that Greenwood refuses to play these teams? I've never said that I knew anything about calls that were or were not made. My point is that HarBer, P.A., Jenks, Union, Broken Arrow, play tough out of state non-con games every year....why would they miss an opportunity to play the UofG? Surely, Poteau, Sallisaw, Lift for Life, the 2 has beens schools in Fort Smith, and the "Cowards of Crawford County" aren't the only teams willing to play GW in the non-con season??
If I remember correctly Harber didn't wanna keep us after they mudstomped us. Maybe we've asked them again and maybe they said no. I also remember when we were 5A Eldorado told us they didn't wanna play down a class. You're putting 100% of the blame on Greenwood but it's not our fault if a team says no.
Don't clump all us Greenwood fans into your little war with bulldogger15 and High Voltage and everything they have said. Any reasonable Dog fan might thump their chest and throw some trash talk because every team does, but is not gonna guarantee we are the top team in Arkansas and would crush PA or Harber or whoever by 6 scores.

As far as who we play, Northside I don't care if we keep or drop honestly. But Southside I like keeping because cycles change in football. Williams is a great coach. The talent level just happens to be down I guess there. Jones won't be at Greenwood forever. One day he'll step down. And what would you say if Southside made it 6 years in a row against Greenwood? Then what would you say if we tried to end the series? That's what rivalries are all about. I don't wanna speak for the powers at be here in Greenwood. But I'm sure that plays a factor in who we play and keep. I'm pretty certain if Alma had the 13 year streak against us, we wouldn't drop them. Well, GW has dropped everyone that has beaten them... Cause that's the game and that's the rivalry.

The Future

Quote from: Baitshop on October 01, 2017, 12:54:02 pm

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with some of this.

You say some of the Greenwood posters are arrogant and condescending. Well a couple of them might cross the line sometimes. But it's no different than bigshot from Eldo or Steve Perry for Alma or in a lot of cases you for Southside. It's a message board and people praise their team and attack other teams all the time. You're calling Voltage out for a harsh comment but it's nothing worse than other stuff I've seen from the 3 I mentioned. Heck you just called him an asshat.

As far as some of the posts by these couple posters you're referring to, heck it happens in sports. Every great team has its arrogant fans. Heck look at them Bama fans!
But you don't have to have a great team to show a bit of arrogance. Like i said, go back and read stuff from Bigshot or Perry or what you've posted. You can't tell me there's any difference between them other than who they cheer for.

As far as the Shiloh of old comment. If you're basing us being the new Shiloh simply ok we have a couple brash posters on here, then that's off based by a lot.
Shiloh had a sense of we are better than everyone else. Shiloh showed unsportsmanship by running up tha score every game. Shiloh played OOS teams trying to boost their national ranking. Nothing like Greenwood.

I will admit and give you this though. We do have the intro video every game like Shiloh. Honestly I hate that. For one it's cliche. And 2 they play awful music with it. I've always liked simply the enter sandman music and alarm and smoke. I can do without the video.

The Future

Well you said you were stating facts so I figured I'd ask.
Again. For all we know they have asked around and teams have said no. For all we know Jones called Jenks and Union and Broken Arrow. But they probably have the same mindset you are wanting Greenwood to have. They only play really really good teams and if they think they'd beat us every year then they would rather play a stronger tougher team so they can improve themselves.
For the record, Greenwood would be lucky to keep it within 3 scores with them 3. Might get a win every now and then but 9 of 10 would lose.

Yea the teams you listed do play all them tough teams. But honestly who cares. That's not us.
You play the games to work out stuff and get better and have fun. And there's always gonna be a team that's tougher. So if you wanna rate and grade teams and play the best ones then hays cool. But if a team wants to keep it simple and play closer opponents to help with gate or a rivalry then that's ok too.

Actually Greenwood has never dropped an opponent. It's always been the opponent to drop.
We may have made an agreement for simply one cycle like with Lift for Life that was understood as a one time thing then done. But other than that no Greenwood won't drop a team.

Pr8hd

Quote from: PA Dad on October 01, 2017, 10:16:07 am
I didn't realize I would hit such nerves with that post.  And the nerves I hit were not the ones I intended to hit.

First, note that I said most GW posters are reasonable.  I consider those who have responded thus far to be in that group.

My post was actually a response to a post by another GW poster.  Specifically, it was in response to this post: 

"1 All classifications. 7A nor Pulaski Academy want any part of Greenwood right now. GUARANTEED.

GO BULLDOGS!!!"

If you're going to call out PA by saying we don't want any part of GW, I'm going  to call you on that, which is what I did.

You realize you are likely calling out a person that may not really be a GW fan right?? Their real identity and motives are anyone's guess, but it ain't to make GW, its fans, or some of the people intricately involved in GW athletics look good

bulldogger15

Quote from: catfish1 on October 01, 2017, 10:29:10 am
+1 He probably wouldn't punt, however, he probably wouldn't win against Greenwood either.

PA should be playing in 7A and they should also be VERY glad that Bossier City Parkway's quarterback Justin Rogers (4 Star) and wide receiver Terrace Marshall (5 Star) were both out when they played earlier this season. I'm sure the Pulaski faithful think it doesn't matter much, but it was a HUGE setback for Parkway and ESPNU.

Greenwood will be back playing Pulaski Academy again soon enough. The three possible Greenwood move-ins over the next couple years could help even things up a bit as well.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 01, 2017, 02:01:21 pm
You realize you are likely calling out a person that may not really be a GW fan right?? Their real identity and motives are anyone's guess, but it ain't to make GW, its fans, or some of the people intricately involved in GW athletics look good
Here we go again with the self righteous, all mighty stuff Pr8hd. I thought you got all that out of your system last year? I guess not...

Since when did you become the official spokesperson for Greenwood? You have a real habit of speaking out of both sides of your *** Pr8hd!

Get real....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bigfootdogfan

bulldogger15, go crawl back under your rock. Bait go cook some buggers.  The rest of us just want to talk football!!!!!!!!

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 30, 2017, 09:36:12 am
I didn't count on being substandard at QB for 3 years in a row...although we hit lightning in a bottle in the 2014 quarterfinals at SRS. Each year I bet the house on Reed fixing the issue. It didn't happen.

Did you see the Hicks kid in mop up duty last night? That kid has potential unlike anyone I have seen since the Reed brothers in 2010-2012

Hicks kid?  I saw a classless coach put Holly back in and let the offensive starters throw it down the field on our 2nd string JV, then have the nerve to snap it with 2 seconds and throw for final touchdown.  Wish CRJ would have called timeout and ran the starters back out there.
      But hey, El Dorado did look good against our JV.

bulldogger15

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on October 01, 2017, 02:41:44 pm
Hicks kid?  I saw a classless coach put Holly back in and let the offensive starters throw it down the field on our 2nd string JV, then have the nerve to snap it with 2 seconds and throw for final touchdown.  Wish CRJ would have called timeout and ran the starters back out there.
TT = SAVAGE

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 01, 2017, 02:36:36 pm
bulldogger15, go crawl back under your rock. Bait go cook some buggers.  The rest of us just want to talk football!!!!!!!!
I guess it's alright for you to have a Dr. Phil moment and post this Bigfootdogfan?

"OLD AGE DOES THAT TO YOU I GUESS!!!!!! I still like to get on here and have a little fun with everyone from time to time, I have had some rough times in my personal life the last couple of years and this is a outlet that I can come to to get my mind off things. Moving to Little Rock will never stop me from being a GW Bulldog fan."

This is supposed to be an outlet to talk football, smack and just about anything else you might find Fearless on a Friday! This is not just your outlet bigfootdogfan, it's OURS too. That's the point....

And for all of you Greenwood Bulldog haters out there "Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners" - Ricky Don's Ego

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bigfootdogfan

October 01, 2017, 03:26:32 pm #136 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:30:52 pm by Bigfootdogfan
One took the bait, I guess the other is still cooking burgers. LOL!!!!!!

A few of you guys just crack me up. You just can't resist taking the bait. I think it's a case of having the last say. So go ahead and reply!!!!!

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on October 01, 2017, 12:25:44 pm

BTW, how did those matchups between your GW team and my Church League turn out for you? I'm not sure that I remember....
Quote from: Baitshop on October 01, 2017, 12:25:44 pm

Well, when Church League was able to pick and choose from kids from everywhere and get by with it, yes they did win. Was real funny when they got caught finally and disqualified.

High Voltage

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 01, 2017, 03:26:32 pm
One took the bait, I guess the other is still cooking burgers. LOL!!!!!!
Yes sir, you did. Treble hook right down YOUR throat!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

High Voltage

All the baiting and such aside, Baitshop I really would like to know what you really think of the state of Maverick football right now. Surely you can't be pleased? You do realize that no matter what the noncon schedule of either team is right now Greenwood is leaps and bounds ahead of Southside.

High Voltage

Bigfootdogfan

For all those NFL haters, the GW vs ED game has just been added to library for your enjoyment. Go watch it and enjoy your Sunday afternoon.

High Voltage

Exactly!

AHS06

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 30, 2017, 06:59:28 am

You see that you all played exceptional from a Hog perspective, I get that, but from a GW perspective I know what this GW team does when they execute and no one thought they did that last week in the 1st half on this side of the fence. I've watched this execution since 2004 under CRJ, had a kid go thru the football program and another coming up in 6-7 years, and I've seen far more talented teams than the Hogs succumb to that execution and  yes, upon occasion see what happens when they don't and lose.

Realistically, you guys should have spanked LH tonight IMO. Instead, AHS eeked by only 14-9, and still must play ED, a good team regardless of the GW score. A team that can and may beat AHS too. You should know better than to put too much stock in comparing scores-  especially since its not really an apples to apples comparison playing at home versus playing on the road especially with these really long road trips. It's not the same for most anyone, especially a team that hasn't lost at home since 2014.   
We were flagged 13 times and had 4 turnovers, we'll take the win.  Don't hype El Dorado to add to the win.  In the earlier post I told y'all El Dorado schedule wasn't impressive.  Our kids play the Cats twice every year starting in the 7th grade.  We aren't worried about them trust me. 

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: High Voltage on October 01, 2017, 03:33:44 pm
All the baiting and such aside, Baitshop I really would like to know what you really think of the state of Maverick football right now. Surely you can't be pleased? You do realize that no matter what the noncon schedule of either team is right now Greenwood is leaps and bounds ahead of Southside.

Take this question to the 7A board. No one here cares about the North Greenwood Rebels.

PA Dad

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 01, 2017, 02:01:21 pm

I understand.  Most teams have at least one poster that they wish they didn't have.

Bigfootdogfan

I Have often wondered if some posters have multi accounts and pose to be a fan of a team when they are reall only trying to stir the pot about that team. Not just GW but other teams as well. Every team has someone who claims to be a fan but is a poser. Just saying!!!!!   

Pr8hd

October 01, 2017, 05:52:53 pm #148 Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:06:44 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: PA Dad on October 01, 2017, 05:29:56 pm
I understand.  Most teams have at least one poster that they wish they didn't have.

Lol, if you believe he is a fan, than keep on believing.

Or as Journey sings..."Don't stop believing......hold on to the bitter end!!!"

Yeah, I thought that was grasping by Reed to leave with anything positive for ED on the long ride back .

It was especially in poor taste after GW had ball inside the 10 or so late in the game and we ran out the JV and ran 4 straight plays up the middle. We didn't even maybe let the back up kicker make a FG attempt. They struggled to get get it on the JV even at the end and did so on 4th down with no time left on the clock.

TTofGreenwood

I would think, long is ride. Some kid that doesn't play had a parent drive up here. Heck, give em a few snaps. But, it's no biggie. They can work that out when the get blown out again up here in November.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas