• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado @ Greenwood

Started by Pr8hd, September 24, 2017, 11:33:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pr8hd

ED vs GW...early season match-up the conference championship bragging rights potentially on the line. A shame this one is not the last regular season game of the year. GW coming off a nice road win against a quality AHS team on the upswing and ED coming off a win against a team that in the past few years has been a relative thorn in their side in the regular season.

I don't know tons about ED, but I figure it should be a good one. Normally is when these two meet up.  I do know GW needs to execute much,much better the entire game in this one rather than just in the second half. It was good to see GW can/did respond to adversity on the road. Of course, I am going with GW in this one back at home after a couple of weeks. Noland to Holt has been a highlight reel all year, but Wood is starting to make his presence more known as well. He's quietly been taking care of business since he's gotten healthier. GW defense was very stingy in second half after made some nice adjustments by the staff.

Maybe, we will get ole Gatecrasher in on this thread this week.

High Voltage

If Greenwood doesn't get the drops, pass protection taken care of Greenwood could be in for a long night. Also the defense tends to get burned by big plays. Both the offense and the defense made some great adjustments the second half and looked tough. I will go with Greenwood in a close game. This game scares me.

Wildcat Football

El Dorado Wildcats will be ready for this one.  However, I think GW pulls it out at home with a long road trip ahead for us.  I hope it is a good game.  We have a much better team this year than the past few, so hopefully it will be a game in the 4th quarter.  GW will be more focused after the AHS game.  It will come down to who puts together the best game plan.

Oldbadger

I have this unusual feeling that Eldo wins this one.  Don't ask me why?

rona

Greenwood by at least 2 TDs. O 0want take a half off against ElDo. ElDo O will have very difficult time against Gwd. D!

AHS06

Quote from: Wildcat Football on September 24, 2017, 01:17:51 pm
El Dorado Wildcats will be ready for this one.  However, I think GW pulls it out at home with a long road trip ahead for us.  I hope it is a good game.  We have a much better team this year than the past few, so hopefully it will be a game in the 4th quarter.  GW will be more focused after the AHS game.  It will come down to who puts together the best game plan.
Although I'm not impressed with El Dorado non conference schedule,  they are capable of beating GW.  GW defense is very disciplined but you can't teach speed.  The Cats should be able to hit the edge just as we did and that will open the deep ball.  GW pass protection isn't that good.  Your corners have to lock down and the sacks will happen.  Woods will be the difference maker.  The kid is really good and gets overshadowed.

The Future

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 24, 2017, 02:00:57 pm

I'll let you know come Friday morning if I feel the same.

I have learned to not question that feeling. I had it before several games that the team I wanted to win lost. Some notable games:
Super bowl giants beat the pats bowl times actually
Arkansas the sugar bowl back in 2011
Greenwoods games against Eldo in 2014, Russellville last year at state, and Harrison in 2008

Looking at this game on paper Greenwood should win by at least 10. I'm glad we played Texarkana last Friday before this one. It got us ready and prepared our starters. Should be a great game

I'm going a big bold pick
Dogs 45 Cats 42 in a overtime slobber knocker

Pr8hd

September 24, 2017, 05:56:20 pm #7 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:59:50 pm by Pr8hd

I think it's called wishful thinking...maybe?  ;D

GW doesn't lose often at home in the regular season...that 2014 ED quarterfinals win was the last time GW lost at home. GW will be ready to protect the house. 

Pr8hd

Quote from: AHS06 on September 24, 2017, 02:55:41 pm
Although I'm not impressed with El Dorado non conference schedule,  they are capable of beating GW.  GW defense is very disciplined but you can't teach speed.  The Cats should be able to hit the edge just as we did and that will open the deep ball.  GW pass protection isn't that good.  Your corners have to lock down and the sacks will happen.  Woods will be the difference maker.  The kid is really good and gets overshadowed.

Kenny Wood had 115 yards receiving and 129 rushing with 3 td's. I'd say that was a pretty good night and he is tied with Holt with team lead for TD's with 9 a piece each thru 4 games. He may not be getting the Yarnell's Play of the Week for the team , but he has been very workmanlike taking care of business.  Glad he is back and healthy.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

After facing nothing but Wing T and Dead T teams the last 3 games (Camden Fairview was only real spread team to start the year) it all depends on how well we adjust to covering the pass.  GW will get their yards and in chunks.  If Eldo can eliminate the stupid mistakes (penalties) that either kill their drives or let the other team stay on the field, it will be a close one.  GW is not a team you give second chances to. You cannot play undisciplined against them.  Also it comes down to which coaching staff makes the adjustments during the game. 

Hogman2018

Greenwood by at least two touchdowns. Eldo cant score enough to beat them!

bulldogger15

Go back in your hole Oldbadger. No way Eldo takes this game. You should give the old tea leaves another try before you post again.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 24, 2017, 08:15:13 pm
Greenwood by at least two touchdowns. Eldo cant score enough to beat them!
Dang HogGirl2018, you might finally be on to something. Who woulda thought? Go figure....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

I'm coming down for this one....

PrivateLesson

Where's gatecrasher, xtreme and thebigshot?     

The Future

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 25, 2017, 06:15:35 am
Where's gatecrasher, xtreme and thebigshot?   

Dang it shhh!!  :-X
Gate and xtreme are of course invited. But we don't  need that bozo bigshot poking around here.
We've already made it half a page of a Greenwood El Dorado thread and he hasn't posted yet. That's gotta be some kind of record right?

Gate, xtreme, or southpurplecat are any of y'all planning on making the trip?

Hogman2018

Thanks Puppydod15!! At least i got a brain to think with!

Pr8hd

September 25, 2017, 08:25:35 am #17 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:33:23 am by Pr8hd
Quote from: Pr8hd on September 24, 2017, 05:56:20 pm
GW doesn't lose often at home in the regular season...that 2014 ED quarterfinals win was the last time GW lost at home. GW will be ready to protect the house. 

Lol, going to quote myself and expand on the losing at home part...

Here are the regular season losses at home under Jones I can recall..only 3 were regular season conference losses.

2014 - Conway -  a barn burner no one saw because ended at midnight due to lightning delays
2008 - Springdale HarBer - Dogs got manhandled at home in non confere game
2008 - Harrison -  track meet/ scoring fest
2006 - Vilonia - last second pass stunner on homecoming

Of those years, only 2006 involved a team that went on to win the state championship.

So, an ED win on the road/regular season will put the Wildcats in a select field that has been able to do that....but they were also the last to win there in GW in 2014 (playoffs) too, so there's that.

BlueCrew4U

I'll take the Wildcats in this one.  Cat's block a PAT late to hold on.
Cat's 35
Bulldogs 34

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: AHS06 on September 24, 2017, 02:55:41 pm

Not impressed? we played Cabot at Cabot and beat them, 7A school! Who have ya'll played?

Pr8hd

September 25, 2017, 05:42:34 pm #20 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:05:30 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on September 25, 2017, 05:33:47 pm
Not impressed? we played Cabot at Cabot and beat them, 7A school! Who have ya'll played?

I'd say a win against Texas High for AHS is as good or maybe better than Cabot. Cabot does not look like they will likely be in the mix for the 7A state title this year....so the luster is a a little less on that win in previous years. Still a nice win, but not sure if you can say any better or worse than the Texas High win, who is normally a power in East Texas football.

You both have a win over CF and ED's win over Magnolia is not a chest thumper either. They opened with us and you all opened with LH....not much of a comparison there either except you all won after several years of LH winning and they lost  (after leading) to what some consider the #2 or 3 overall in the state. GW has 2 7A wins this year but I would not consider either of those title contenders this year, so nothing to bow up too big about there as well for GW.

I'd consider whoever wins this one Friday between GW and ED will be either team's best win to date potentially.

bulldogger15

Yes, not impressed. Not at all.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: The Future on September 25, 2017, 07:32:39 am

Probably not.  My son is home from college this weekend and on top of that...Ludacris is playing downtown Eldo that night.  8)

AHS06

You are bragging on Cabot like they are Harber, Fayetteville, Bentonville/West.  That same Cabot team should have lost to PB and has wins over LR Fair and Catholic.  So do not buy all into the 7A hype.  I am pulling for El Dorado in hopes for a 3 way tie in conference.  The Cats can beat GW however I don't believe they have been battled tested for what is to come Friday.

Camden = Camden
Texas High > Cabot (Texas High is a East Texas powerhouse, undefeated last year, would be 7A in Arkansas and already has 4 D1 commits)
Pleasant Grove > Magnolia (7 on 7 Texas State runner-up, has a couple D1 commits and state ranked #5)
Greenwood > Lake Hamilton  (Greenwood speaks for itself)

PrivateLesson

Quote from: The Future on September 25, 2017, 07:32:39 am
Dang it shhh!!  :-X
Gate and xtreme are of course invited. But we don't  need that bozo bigshot poking around here.
We've already made it half a page of a Greenwood El Dorado thread and he hasn't posted yet. That's gotta be some kind of record right?

Oops.....but but but.....this Eldo do do thread is a little lackluster, no??   

I think this will be a good game.   I pick G by 7. 

rona

Greenwood rolls. ElDo had big bald headed D Lineman that dominated line play is last year,  graduated and playing for Henderson I think and superstar Soph Lineman last year that is supposedly out for this game - Greenwood by a minimum of 3 TDs. You just do not replace that kind of talent.

PrivateLesson

I know Eldo has been down but 3TDs??     

rona

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 27, 2017, 04:55:32 pm
I know Eldo has been down but 3TDs??   

Last year at Greenwood ElDo had both of those monsters and best of memory Greenwood won by 2 TDs. This year I understand El Dorado has neither of those players. Gwd. is better on D this year and ElDo a little better on O. If Gwd. O steps up it can get ugly and more than 3TDs. Just sayin.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

September 27, 2017, 06:02:55 pm #28 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:18:05 pm by 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT
Quote from: rona on September 27, 2017, 04:42:19 pm
Greenwood rolls. ElDo had big bald headed D Lineman that dominated line play is last year,  graduated and playing for Henderson I think and superstar Soph Lineman last year that is supposedly out for this game - Greenwood by a minimum of 3 TDs. You just do not replace that kind of talent.

I just talked to Coach Reed.  We don't have any Arkansas Razorbacks commits on the team  like GW does.  Our only D1 commit is hurt.  No speed. No talent back.  All our talent got hurt last year and never returned.  Receivers and QB's not near the same caliber as the great GW has every year.  We are just overmatched all over the field. He's just hoping we don't get mercy ruled.  I don't know.  Something tells me he's bringing his little team up anyway to play the game.  8)

PrivateLesson

It's always worth a try!!   8) 

gatecrasher

Too bad I won't be able to make it to this game. I will be watching the live stream from the stands at Cutter Morning Star-Quitman.

I have a senior cheer co captain and drum major....and it's Homecoming for CMS. I am not missing any of her stuff (3rd year in a row that I have a daughter graduating).

This is the likely 6A state title game preview. For El Dorado it's simple....cut out the dumb penalties and they can win this game. Three of their first 4 games they've had 10 or more penalties (15 last week). The pre-snap penalties are absolutely unacceptable. No sense in it.

If they continue with the mental mistakes GW will win by double digits.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 27, 2017, 06:17:33 pm
Too bad I won't be able to make it to this game. I will be watching the live stream from the stands at Cutter Morning Star-Quitman.

I have a senior cheer co captain and drum major....and it's Homecoming for CMS. I am not missing any of her stuff (3rd year in a row that I have a daughter graduating).

This is the likely 6A state title game preview. For El Dorado it's simple....cut out the dumb penalties and they can win this game. Three of their first 4 games they've had 10 or more penalties (15 last week). The pre-snap penalties are absolutely unacceptable. No sense in it.

Gate you know and I know that even if the Cats play perfect ball, we cannot beat the Great GW.  Only chance we got is if their entire first string comes down with the stomach flu and then it might be close if can even beat their 2nd stringers..sigh.

pinebluffzebra09

El dorado with the big upset!!!!

PrivateLesson

Upset stomach according 6Asouthpurplecat. :)

Hogman2018

This is not the preview of 6A state championship game! Lot of games left too many good teams left!

PrivateLesson

Maybe......You think the Zebras are a tougher team?

Hogman2018

Oh I think Greenwood will be there! Eldorado is not a shoe-in PB Jonesboro Benton WM and Texarkana will have a say in it.

gatecrasher

Truth be told the Wildcats making it to WMS this year would be a year early.

But make no mistake about it....they are very capable of winning it all. I haven't been able to say that for the last 3 years.

If they don't this year, 2018 and 2019 belong to El Dorado. Frankly it's freaking time to win more hardware.

Bigfootdogfan

Sure is quit on here this week. I predict Greenwood comes out and takes care of business this week. Look for them to play a more complete game this week. Still think it will be close for three qtrs. then GW takes control. But what do I know? GW 38 ED 21. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!

LineStepper

Pr8hd

Did not know Scott Reed's dad had passed away, I was sorry to hear that.

Safe travels to the ED contingent that make their way to the friendly confines of Smith Robinson stadium tonight GW.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 27, 2017, 06:17:33 pm

So you're saying that all ED has to do is cut out a few penalties and that's all it will take to beat Greenwood? 

bulldogger15

Quote from: pinebluffzebra09 on September 27, 2017, 07:09:37 pm
El dorado with the big upset!!!!
Not so fast  PB&ZebraJelly09.

El Dorado will be no match for the Greenwood Bulldogs. Shock and awe starts at 7 pm tonight at Smith Robinson Stadium in Greenwood, Arkansas. 

You Zebras will get your's soon enough. GUARANTEED....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

ELDOWILDCAT88

Can someone please give stadium address. Looking forward to my first trip to GW!

bulldogger15

Quote from: ELDOWILDCAT88 on September 29, 2017, 09:06:49 am
Can someone please give stadium address. Looking forward to my first trip to GW!
Greenwood High School
400 East Gary Street
Greenwood, Arkansas 72936

If you're running late just look for the fireworks. You'll be seeing them a lot tonight.

Be safe on your travels!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

ELDOWILDCAT88

Thankyou. Always liked GW's program. Just hoping we can make a game out of it!

bulldogger15

Quote from: ELDOWILDCAT88 on September 29, 2017, 09:25:49 am
Thankyou. Always liked GW's program. Just hoping we can make a game out of it!
It'll be a good one! El Dorado is always a tough one for the Bulldogs.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Rida4Life

Boy this thread could get fun if EHS pulls a shocker..... I think they will
Cats 28
Dogs 21

Bigfootdogfan

September 29, 2017, 11:30:13 am #48 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 12:34:51 pm by Bigfootdogfan
You really think ED def can hold GW to 21, REALLY????

If that happens either GW off will have to fall completely apart or Ed Deff. Is a lot better then I think they are. Any thing is possible so let's let the young men show us tonight. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!

ED def. Held Cabot to 24 and Mag.to 28 and now all of a sudden they will hold GW to only 21, I can understand holding CF to 7 and LH to 13 but GW ain't CF or LH or Cabot or Mag. Come on down and let's see how many times the fire works go off tonight. I do expect a good game but just think GW off. Will score more then 21, too many weapons. Safe travels to ED fans.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Rida4Life on September 29, 2017, 11:27:51 am
Boy this thread could get fun if EHS pulls a shocker..... I think they will
Cats 28
Dogs 21
El Dorado is about to be shocked alright. No way they hold the Bulldogs to 21 points. Probably not even in the first half.

By the way, this thread is already fun!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas