• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Off-Season

Started by 1-Adam-12, July 23, 2017, 07:36:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Just wanted to see how things are going in volleyball off-season, with the first matches being less than a month away.

A large Arkansas contingent was at the Licking Camp in Branson recently, more than I can ever remember.

Jonesboro won the top bracket which also included Fayetteville and Mena.  Jonesboro Westside, Van Buren and Baptist Prep also won their brackets. 

Four of the six varsity brackets were won by Arkansas teams and it was nearly five. Booneville was runner-up in their bracket (the 2nd highest), losing to a good Bolivar, MO team in 3 sets (best of 3).

I think this shows that Arkansas HS volleyball just keeps growing in quality. 

IAFLAR7

Jonesboro beat Fayetteville?

Is Jonesboro loaded this year?

1-Adam-12

July 25, 2017, 05:03:09 pm #2 Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:58:04 pm by 1-Adam-12
Fayetteville didn't get to play Jonesboro.  The Lady Bulldogs were ousted in that bracket in the 1st round by Broken Arrow, OK.  And that match was a war, going three sets with lots of hard hitting.

Jonesboro, after beating Douglass, KS in the first round, then beat BA in the semis and in the finals beat Hesston, KS (a 3A power in that state who was 38-7 last season).  That was in straight games, but 32-30 in the second game.

The Hurricanes didn't look overly tall but they are very athletic and play very good defense.

Hesston has quite a unique nickname.  They are the Swathers and their mascot is a fierce-looking combine.

moe99expedition

Did the Lady Bulldogs have all of their players?

1-Adam-12

I know Warner was there. Whether or not some of their other key players missed, I don't know.   I only got to see their match with Broken Arrow.

moe99expedition

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas