• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Finals: Woodlawn vs. Taylor

Started by OB11, May 18, 2017, 08:36:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Post predictions and game updates here please.

Batman44

Idoknow

Woodlawn looking at another State Championship!

BossHogs

I'm Taking Woodlawn but it's g to be closer then people think.

Lumberjackfan1978

PuddlePirate12

Good luck to the Taylor Tigers!!!

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: BossHogs on May 18, 2017, 01:40:05 pm
I'm Taking Woodlawn but it's g to be closer then people think.

I don't think they let you get over 10 ahead.
Congrats Woodlawn on repping Cleveland County.
Now for the Rison girls to bring another trophy home to the county.
Then Sheridan to bring two to Grant.
That would be four state championship trophies in two contiguous counties.

BossHogs

Yeah great job by the Bears or Dare devils. Whatever the terrible announcers want to call them.
Good luck to Sheridons boys and girls and Risons girls as well.

Also Woodlawn had a lot of trouble in the field today. I Think they had 5 errors but luckily everyone was hitting the ball.

fan7

Interesting occurrence in walkoff homerun by Richardson.  Notice on this video what happens.  The previous runner overtakes front base runner and touches homeplate first.  This should be ruled an out and the game continue.  I know it wouldn't have changed the eventual outcome of the game, but really interesting situation.

https://twitter.com/mcraeb87/status/865964113608024064

PuddlePirate12

They got some ball crushers in Woodlawn. Should be some kids getting drafted the way they hit it!

Greyhound

Almost seems unfair that Woodlawn is a 1A school.  Looks like most of their team will return for next year so I expect them to go deep in the state tournament and most likely end up at Baum again.  Is the winning pitcher, who also had two HR's, related to the head coach?  Obviously, they share the same last name so I'm wondering if they are related?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Greyhound on May 20, 2017, 10:41:59 pm
Almost seems unfair that Woodlawn is a 1A school.  Looks like most of their team will return for next year so I expect them to go deep in the state tournament and most likely end up at Baum again.  Is the winning pitcher, who also had two HR's, related to the head coach?  Obviously, they share the same last name so I'm wondering if they are related?

Yeah... It's his son.

Lumberjackfan1978

Congratulations woodlawn way to go

Oldref

Had never been to Woodlawn or seen them play till Bay played them this year in state.  Layne and Richardson went at it on the mound and it was a very competitive game. Bay held them in check pretty good and they didn't hit any homers and according to the stats had four hits. It was evident they had really good hitters.  Bay also had the pleasure of playing them on their home field after the game was moved from Pine Bluff. Walking into that baseball park and seeing all the state championship stuff is impressive.......Like seeing all the stuff Bay has hanging from Basketball championships. After watching Woodlawn take infield they were two deep at every position and had some really good looking players. I just have to believe some of the kids from the larger schools around pine bluff find there way to Woodlawn. I did check and they are not very good in basketball........looking at the size of some of those kids don't understand why that is. Woodlawn is not even a town but the school looked nice. Congratulations to Woodlawn on winning state........probably will repeat again next year.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldref on May 21, 2017, 07:46:05 pm
Had never been to Woodlawn or seen them play till Bay played them this year in state.  Layne and Richardson went at it on the mound and it was a very competitive game. Bay held them in check pretty good and they didn't hit any homers and according to the stats had four hits. It was evident they had really good hitters.  Bay also had the pleasure of playing them on their home field after the game was moved from Pine Bluff. Walking into that baseball park and seeing all the state championship stuff is impressive.......Like seeing all the stuff Bay has hanging from Basketball championships. After watching Woodlawn take infield they were two deep at every position and had some really good looking players. I just have to believe some of the kids from the larger schools around pine bluff find there way to Woodlawn. I did check and they are not very good in basketball........looking at the size of some of those kids don't understand why that is. Woodlawn is not even a town but the school looked nice. Congratulations to Woodlawn on winning state........probably will repeat again next year.

Baseball is their best sport...

When you have a winning tradition.. Kids will come.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Oldref on May 21, 2017, 07:46:05 pm
Have always heard they have batting practice every morning during football season. That may explain why they aren't good in basketball, because they are practicing baseball.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas