• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***Texarkana Job Open*** (filled - Barry Norton)

Started by AHS06, November 18, 2016, 07:24:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AHS06

November 18, 2016, 07:24:51 pm Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:41:55 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Ledford is finally out in Texarkana.   Its been a long time coming and I still can't believe how he lasted this long without a winning season.   It's now time to make the right hire and keep the program back on track.

zebrafan

Quote from: AHS06 on November 18, 2016, 07:24:51 pm
Ledford is finally out in Texarkana.   Its been a long time coming and I still can't believe how he lasted this long without a winning season.   It's now time to make the right hire and keep the program back on track.
Awesome! Hope you guys get a winner!

zebradynasty

esgibson00

OB11

Quote from: esgibson00 on November 20, 2016, 08:15:22 pm
Is this job posted anywhere?

I cannot find it anywhere...including the district website.

esgibson00

Thanks I couldn't find it either.

Quote from: OB11 on November 20, 2016, 09:24:02 pm
I cannot find it anywhere...including the district website.

zebradynasty

Well IF they make the right hire 5A will get a lot more interesting!

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

I just turned in my application

My Arkansas High Hogs are gonna run the A-11

State titles and glory await

protegewill

It's about time!! It's sad the way ya'll suffered having all that talent and such mediocre coaching. Good Luck with the search though!! Maybe ya'll should give Brad Bolding a call...I'm sure he can turn things around!!

Wildcat Football

Yeah, I would give Brad Bolding a call for sure.  He comes from a good coaching family and a proven winner.

BigFoot

Big rumor around town is that Rick Barker from Fouke is leading candidate for the job!

AHS06

Quote from: BigFoot on November 27, 2016, 11:03:37 pm
Big rumor around town is that Rick Barker from Fouke is leading candidate for the job!
We need to go out and get a proven offensive minded coach that will turn the program around.  We'll be in the mix for the title next year with the right hire.  It has already been echoed that money is not an issue.

Do you know where Barker was prior to Fouke? 

BigFoot

Quote from: AHS06 on November 28, 2016, 07:18:33 am
We need to go out and get a proven offensive minded coach that will turn the program around.  We'll be in the mix for the title next year with the right hire.  It has already been echoed that money is not an issue.

Do you know where Barker was prior to Fouke?

Barker was in New Boston before Fouke... Great coach who brings the best out of his kids and has a tendency for turning programs around!

AHS06

Ok, he was there during those really good New Boston teams.

I hope the community has a voice this time in selecting the head coach.  People around the city are not going to be so accepting of a head coach coming from Fouke to run the Razorback program.

BigFoot

Quote from: AHS06 on November 28, 2016, 08:38:28 am
Ok, he was there during those really good New Boston teams.

I hope the community has a voice this time in selecting the head coach.  People around the city are not going to be so accepting of a head coach coming from Fouke to run the Razorback program.

Regardless of where he has been the last 4 years, he has turned numerous programs around. I think it would be a great hire. Go to the Texas High school football websites and read up on the guy. He is a great coach! One could argue that AHigh would have one of the best head coaches in the conference if Barker was hired!

AHS06

Quote from: BigFoot on November 28, 2016, 09:29:31 am
Regardless of where he has been the last 4 years, he has turned numerous programs around. I think it would be a great hire. Go to the Texas High school football websites and read up on the guy. He is a great coach! One could argue that AHigh would have one of the best head coaches in the conference if Barker was hired!
What are the programs that he has turned around?  Why would he leave Texas football?  Fans and some supporters would argue, why are we bringing in someone from that dumpster football program in Fouke?  Arkansas High has become the laughing stock of Southwest Arkansas.  We are the largest school, rich tradition, and has not been a non-factor since 2010.  We should've paid Dawson in 2011 or grabbed him last year before he went to Russellville.  Baker could be the right hire!  But he has to be prepared for some heat from a bigger program.

BigFoot

Fouke, PG, success at New Boston to name a few. And there is this sweet situation that many coaches get in that allow them to retire in one state and go to another to gain double retirement. And that dumpster of a football program has been much improved since he showed up!

Pat Swilling

Rick Barker is a very solid football Coach.  Ask guys around Texarkana.  Very respected in coaches circles.  Will wait and see.   

AHS06

Quote from: BigFoot on November 28, 2016, 10:22:56 am
Fouke, PG, success at New Boston to name a few. And there is this sweet situation that many coaches get in that allow them to retire in one state and go to another to gain double retirement. And that dumpster of a football program has been much improved since he showed up!
My point exactly Fouke, PG, and New Boston are nowhere near the level of Arkansas High. 

AHS06

Quote from: Pat Swilling on November 28, 2016, 10:52:48 am
Rick Barker is a very solid football Coach.  Ask guys around Texarkana.  Very respected in coaches circles.  Will wait and see.
Yes, we'll wait and see.  He may very well be a solid coach and he should be if he's interested in the job at AHS.  I just don't see anything that screams success on a larger level. 

Valleysports

Quote from: AHS06 on November 28, 2016, 01:23:40 pm
My point exactly Fouke, PG, and New Boston are nowhere near the level of Arkansas High.

Well here's your opportunity to get one of their coaches, maybe Arkansas High can get to their level.

Wheres your Defense

Quote from: AHS06 on November 28, 2016, 01:23:40 pm
Well I guess you need to go get Nick Saban if your program is that Great!!!  You need to realize that the talent level at AHS has not been like it was!!  Now since them Sophomores will be Juniors next year, your going be loaded!!  Don't down Fouke Football program unless you know the History, we had a coach name Jack Coleman but he left to go to Hooks and coached the most recruited college player ever, Billy Sims.  Rick Barker is the real Deal!!  He retired in Texas and come to Arkansas to get 5 years in and draw Texas Retirement!!  To me, it seems you won't be happy with anybody!!  Whats Swede Lee doing he might want to come back??

Beardad

Talent is not down at AHS.......not in the halls anyway

STUNNA

Id throw alot of money at Nashvilles coach or Arkadelphias!!!

zebradynasty

Texarkana has a great opportunity to get back where they should be one of the better programs in the state. So I don't blame them for being overly picky! Hire the right guy for the job and they can start to build the PROGRAM back.

AHS06

Quote from: Valleysports on November 28, 2016, 04:15:56 pm
Well here's your opportunity to get one of their coaches, maybe Arkansas High can get to their level.
LOL Valley you never let me down.  Maybe he should go to Tyler Lee considering John Tyler is running the show.

AHS06

Quote from: Wheres your Defense on November 28, 2016, 04:44:23 pm
Well I guess you need to go get Nick Saban if your program is that Great!!!  You need to realize that the talent level at AHS has not been like it was!!  Now since them Sophomores will be Juniors next year, your going be loaded!!  Don't down Fouke Football program unless you know the History, we had a coach name Jack Coleman but he left to go to Hooks and coached the most recruited college player ever, Billy Sims.  Rick Barker is the real Deal!!  He retired in Texas and come to Arkansas to get 5 years in and draw Texas Retirement!!  To me, it seems you won't be happy with anybody!!  Whats Swede Lee doing he might want to come back??
We'll settle for Lane Kiffin!  You have actually lost any creditability claiming we do not have the talent.  Who cares if a coach LEFT FOUKE to go to a better program.  It's not like he coached Sims while at Fouke.  Barker could be the real deal, but Arkansas High can't sustain another "what if" hire.   

AHS06

Quote from: STUNNA on November 28, 2016, 05:26:00 pm
Id throw alot of money at Nashvilles coach or Arkadelphias!!!
We should not have left Dawson get away.  He's only taken Russellville to the finals in his second year. 

You're right!  Maybe we could learn something from Nashville on how to properly evaluate the candidates. 

Pat Swilling

I'm sure T Town will have next guy in town by mid/late January.

Wildcat Football

What about Bo Hembree at Warren?

STUNNA

Valleysports

AirWarren

Quote from: Wildcat Football on November 30, 2016, 10:39:28 am
What about Bo Hembree at Warren?

As bad as you hate Watson chapel getting skull drug by bo, let it go. He ain't leaving for Texarkana and sure as crap ain't leaving for Sheridan.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. Married into a strong Warren family. Has young kids. Gets what he wants in Warren. Plays for titles. No way he leaves for these places.

Made

Quote from: AirWarren on November 30, 2016, 04:56:03 pm
As bad as you hate Watson chapel getting skull drug by bo, let it go. He ain't leaving for Texarkana and sure as crap ain't leaving for Sheridan.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. Married into a strong Warren family. Has young kids. Gets what he wants in Warren. Plays for titles. No way he leaves for these places.
While I don't doubt any of this at all. I still think Texarkana could be intriguing. They will definitely have athletes comparable to Warren for the 6a Level. I agree that the situation in Warren would definitely be a hard one to leave, but in the coaching world you can never bank on your coach never leaving.

Wonderdog

Hembree staying at Warren is as close to sure as you can be given all of the factors. I agree though. You never know.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AHS06 on November 28, 2016, 10:06:42 am
What are the programs that he has turned around?  Why would he leave Texas football?  Fans and some supporters would argue, why are we bringing in someone from that dumpster football program in Fouke?  Arkansas High has become the laughing stock of Southwest Arkansas.  We are the largest school, rich tradition, and has not been a non-factor since 2010.  We should've paid Dawson in 2011 or grabbed him last year before he went to Russellville.  Baker could be the right hire!  But he has to be prepared for some heat from a bigger program.
I don't know Coach Barker but have been impressed what he has done at Fouke. Many coaches change states to double up on retirement.

AHS06

Quote from: Oldman on December 01, 2016, 09:34:46 am
I don't know Coach Barker but have been impressed what he has done at Fouke. Many coaches change states to double up on retirement.
Yeah, Fouke has won more games over the past 4 years than Arkansas High. 

nsuqb10

So isn't this an inside job only place it's listed is school website and it closes Wednesday lol

Okieback

UncleRico

Quote from: Okieback on December 04, 2016, 11:54:46 pm
out of stater

I hope not... it does nothing for the coaching Carousel. This is my favorite part of off season. This job should start a chain reaction lol

nsuqb10

I see this as an inside job or someone in the area with it only being open for a week.

reddiefoozball

any updated info on it? is the current staff still there or any of them going with Ledford?

Pat Swilling

Quote from: reddiefoozball on December 08, 2016, 10:42:47 am
any updated info on it? is the current staff still there or any of them going with Ledford?

Im thinking this will be late Jan hire.

nsuqb10

If they have their guy why would they wait til January? Also where is Ledford going?

Lions84

Good Luck to who ever gets hired.  Ark High should be in the top 5 every year. Too much talent not to be contenders.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AHS06 on November 28, 2016, 01:27:37 pm
Yes, we'll wait and see.  He may very well be a solid coach and he should be if he's interested in the job at AHS.  I just don't see anything that screams success on a larger level.
if the guy can coach it doesn't matter what level it is.I would be willing to bet their's three or four coaches in 4A that could turn AHS program around

Pat Swilling

App dedline: Dec 31
interviews: Mid Jan
hire date:  Probably late Jan at best depending on scheduled board meeting.  Maybe Feb.

nsuqb10

If they know who they are hiring sounds like the typical dog and pony show.

Pat Swilling

most schools typically want to keep jobs open till end of state champ games are over.   

nsuqb10

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas