• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A

Started by T-Bone, October 31, 2016, 08:49:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bone

So Pine Bluff is ranked ahead of Jonesboro even when Jonesboro had beat them earlier in the year.  If Jonesboro beats Marion this week will Pine Bluff still be ahead of Jonesboro in the rankings.  If Jonesboro does get past Marion they would win conference.  I like beating the odds.

ricepig

The only ranking that matters is on Dec 3, around 9:00pm, lol.

beach bum

Quote from: T-Bone on October 31, 2016, 08:49:35 pm
So Pine Bluff is ranked ahead of Jonesboro even when Jonesboro had beat them earlier in the year.  If Jonesboro beats Marion this week will Pine Bluff still be ahead of Jonesboro in the rankings.  If Jonesboro does get past Marion they would win conference.  I like beating the odds.

I wouldn't get too worried about it as all of the East teams would finish no better than 4th in the West behind Greenwood, Russellville, and Benton.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on October 31, 2016, 09:29:00 pm
I wouldn't get too worried about it as all of the East teams would finish no better than 4th in the West behind Greenwood, Russellville, and Benton.

You hating on LH?

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on October 31, 2016, 09:39:11 pm
You hating on LH?

Everyone pulls one out of the hat on occasion and they did just that against Benton....

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on October 31, 2016, 09:51:30 pm
Everyone pulls one out of the hat on occasion and they did just that against Benton....

They're playing for the conference championship, you can't slight that.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on October 31, 2016, 09:57:36 pm

Greenwood will beat them by 35....

T-Bone

As I said I love going into a game as the underdog.  If we beat Marion it sounds like most will still consider us the underdog moving forward.  We all know what a wounded dog will do if blocked in a corner.  Fight its way out.  I believe Jonesboro will come into the playoffs like that wounded dog.  Bring it!

ricepig

As far as the underdog tag, until you win a semi-final game and make it to WMS, it's a tag well deserved. Four semi-final berths in a row is nice, but that doesn't mean much. Three of the times they were defeated pretty handily, and the coaches cost them in the fourth.

My confidence in Jonesboro's chances going forward will depend on the defensive effort they put forward against Marion. The staff finally made some much needed changes two weeks ago, although I would have made a couple more, lol. They don't have to shut down Marion, but they have to eliminate the big plays, and get some stops.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Rankings don't mean much, especially when dealing with 16-18 year old kids...

Greenwood hasn't looked so good this year at times.
I was impressed with Russellville though...
Well coached and good athletes...

Wildcat Football

Quote from: ricepig on October 31, 2016, 09:57:36 pm
Agree!

Austin.Sutton

1. LH won't get blown out by Greenwood. If anything the game will be within 10. LH had a 14+ point lead on Benton at one point.
2. I expect Jonesboro to be in semis if not finals if their defense improves over the course of the playoffs. With one of the better offenses, it's hard to stop the hurricanes.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

I think 6A is up for grabs whoever playing good ball in playoffs will win :)

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on November 01, 2016, 10:16:46 am
As far as the underdog tag, until you win a semi-final game and make it to WMS, it's a tag well deserved. Four semi-final berths in a row is nice, but that doesn't mean much. Three of the times they were defeated pretty handily, and the coaches cost them in the fourth.

My confidence in Jonesboro's chances going forward will depend on the defensive effort they put forward against Marion. The staff finally made some much needed changes two weeks ago, although I would have made a couple more, lol. They don't have to shut down Marion, but they have to eliminate the big plays, and get some stops.

Without a doubt some changes might be needed but also remember we have not been challenged in two weeks.  Searcy and Hall both had no offense and actually no defense when they played Canes.  Now we are far enough into the season that the D will hold far better no matter who is on it.  I like our odds and actually like being the underdog going forward.  It will make the players want to fight back.  They won't lay down on either side of the ball.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on November 01, 2016, 03:33:06 pm
Without a doubt some changes might be needed but also remember we have not been challenged in two weeks.  Searcy and Hall both had no offense and actually no defense when they played Canes.  Now we are far enough into the season that the D will hold far better no matter who is on it.  I like our odds and actually like being the underdog going forward.  It will make the players want to fight back.  They won't lay down on either side of the ball.

That gung-ho rhetoric lasts until kickoff, I prefer having the athletes and coaching, lol.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on November 01, 2016, 03:36:37 pm
That gung-ho rhetoric lasts until kickoff, I prefer having the athletes and coaching, lol.

I am with you.  Let the players prove it.  They will.

STBruin

And that's the good thing about the playoffs...1st and 2nd place are determined on the field...not by people's opinions!!!!!

T-Bone

Quote from: STBruin on November 11, 2016, 07:10:27 am
And that's the good thing about the playoffs...1st and 2nd place are determined on the field...not by people's opinions!!!!!

Very true!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas