• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Started by RD™, September 10, 2016, 10:32:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

sevenof400

Pr8hd

Quote from: RD™ on July 13, 2016, 08:06:13 pm
9-1
Alma breaks the streak. Law of averages says so.

Since those are the years in a row GW has p'owned Alma, I'm guessing with your post you are crawfishing on this little gem from earlier in the summer where you said GW would go 9-1 but lose to Alma. 

The law of averages seem a little less likely suddenly or did you succumb to the brutal reality of Alma week?

RD™

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 10, 2016, 10:49:19 pm
Since those are the years in a row GW has p'owned Alma, I'm guessing with your post you are crawfishing on this little gem from earlier in the summer where you said GW would go 9-1 but lose to Alma. 

The law of averages seem a little less likely suddenly or did you succumb to the brutal reality of Alma week?
Alma should have a very good shot at upending the Bulldogs this year. The combination of a weak secondary, inconsistent QB play and underclassmen littering the field for Greenwood might just be the difference.

Just kidding. No way in heck Alma stays up with Greenwood and the Bulldogs beat the sloppy monsters from Hwy 64 ANOTHER year. Alma and Southside should both come to FASDOGS!!!

Greenwood 64 Alma 10. A little highway reversal score. This one gets ugly early. Actually, this one starts getting ugly as soon as the Airedales begin getting off the bus.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Oldbadger

Looks like the Grenwood cheerleaders need to yell, "Gimmie and "E". lol

bulldogger15

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 11, 2016, 03:45:21 pm
Looks like the Grenwood cheerleaders need to yell, "Gimmie and "E". lol
Welcome back Oldbadger, you've been missed. Coach Venny threw in the towel (he was so far behind he thought he was running first again) and Baitshop keeps coming up short (just like his Mavericks). Maybe Greenwood should just annex/buy all the property up to Rogers Avenue and solve the whole Rebels/Mavericks issue once and for all. Maybe Farmer's Bank or the Bulldog Foindation could finance the purchase at a "good rate". Baitshop would finally get the Sebastian County W's he's been looking for and the Bulldog Foundation would have a vast area of new "donors" to attract new funds from. It's a win, win situation for sure. A Greenwood Bulldogs stadium dome would be a really nice touch. We could put a big red barn with a Bulldog in it on top! Actually, what we really need are our new end zones replaced. I wonder if we can get just the endzones replaced or do we need to rip it all up and start over? Might be the worst end zone design I ever did see. I wonder if the Bulldog Foundation bought design flaw insurance when the new turf was purchased? Probably not, but surely our "inside connections" negotiated a deep discount for the flawed field turf design or asked for some money back. Great looking field turf, worst end zone design on the planet. Should be interesting to see how it goes during the Alma game and throughout the remainder of the home games at Smith Robinson Stadium. I would hate to see the poor design cost us any home games, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it does somewhere down the road. It will definitley cost a team sometime.

One thing is for sure, it won't cost us against Alma this coming week. We're about to put it on the Airedales just like we have for the past decade or so. I wouldn't stock the visitors side snack bar too heavily, it'll be a short night for the Alma faithful. In all reality, Alma should do well in 5A and they should really flourish once they move to 4A in a few years. I don't know whose mascot is worse, the Airedales or the Mavericks. I do know the Maverick in the middle of Southside's new turf looks like a psychedelic baby blue and red crop circle overlaid on top of an outline of the Marlboro man. I wonder if we can get a two for one deal and change'em both out?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Razorback Red

Complete 3rd party opinion here, but I just can't see this one being close for much more than a quarter.  Alma might score some points, but I don't think they can stop the GW offense.  I'll go with GW by 28 with a score of 49-21. 

Oldbadger

Hey, bulldogger15, why did you change Grenwood to Greenwood?  it would have save a little money when you change the end zones because you have one less letter.  I kinda liked it that way.  Oh well, it's hard to teach an old bulldogger15 new tricks! lol. Go Panthers!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 11, 2016, 09:17:33 pm
Hey, bulldogger15, why did you change Grenwood to Greenwood?  it would have save a little money when you change the end zones because you have one less letter.  I kinda liked it that way.  Oh well, it's hard to teach an old bulldogger15 new tricks! lol. Go Panthers!
+1
Good idea. Still wondering if we can just replace the WHOLE end zone area and out of bounds as well or so we get to deal with this for many years to come. At least you Panthers won'the have to worry about it this year. We'll be throttling you boys on your own turf this year.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogmom

I don't know much about Alma but I am hoping for an easy Bulldog Win. But I think we could get the best of Alma because they always want to beat Greenwood really bad! Sometimes lesser teams get up for an opponent they dislike greatly! We will see. I think Greenwood comes out improved and wins!

Pr8hd

Alma's going to have to score more than the 9 points a game they have averaged the last few meetings with GW under CDL. Also,  have to keep GW from scoring in waves and beat GW at home where GW has only lost a handful of times under CRJ. 

Those are tall tasks to ask especially considering GW has gotten in the Alma psyche now with 11 straight wins...the players on Alma now don't likely remember Alma ever beating a GW varsity team and the GW kids don't ever remember losing to an Alma team in high school. This has become the status quo and a certain degree of apathy has set in as Alma has become comfortably numb to the fact that their odds of beating GW with CRJ there are not real good.

I am not sure how much stock you can place in any of this.....

However, this Alma senior group did score an upset against the GW senior group the first game ( the non-conference version) of season in Jr High though. GW still came back and won conference and beat them the last game that year. That has happened multiple times that way though. Things are normally always different once CRJ & staff gets their hands on the players. Last years, senior group got mauled by the Alma senior group in 9th grade. That group returned the favor to Alma when it meant the most in an absolute boat race @ Alma last year nearly putting up 60 on Alma.

The rivalry has become lopsided, it's not even one of the pick em games this week here on FF in the contest.

Alma once owned a significant edge in the head to head series prior to this 11 year run.

They now trail in the series.  8)

The Future

WPWells

thebigshot

WPWells

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas