• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A 2016

Started by whippersnapper, August 20, 2016, 12:58:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

August 20, 2016, 12:58:17 am Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:04:05 am by whippersnapper
Who do you got? Lincoln gains a 8th grade team off a 9-1 season in 7th grade last year.

STANDINGS
1a. Shiloh 3-0
1b. Pea Ridge 3-0
3. Prairie Grove 2-1
4. Gentry 2-1
5. Gravette 1-2
6. Lincoln 1-2
7. Berryville 0-3
8. Huntsville 0-3
If anyone knows of anything different please give info. This is just what I have been able to gather from the few folks that have given scores. Thank you for the help BTW.

x14113

It's pretty hard to get anybody when nothing's said about them during the season.

With that...I would imagine Shiloh might have something to say in the race.

whippersnapper

Lincoln 22 Westville 6
Ozark 31 Gravette 0

Gray lizard

What about Pea Ridge?
A boy that played on my Pee Wee team last year is playing for them.

beach bum

Prairie Grove JH beat Farmington. Fairly comfortable 9
I think.

The Coach

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 02, 2016, 07:51:06 am
What about Pea Ridge?
A boy that played on my Pee Wee team last year is playing for them.

They won 8-6

prHOG13

Quote from: The Coach on September 02, 2016, 08:20:01 am
They won 8-6
pea Ridge beats Booneville 8-6 in Booneville to end a ~21 game win streak of the Bearcats

whippersnapper

Gray lizard

What can we (Pottsville) expect from Shiloh's 7 grade team?  My boy seems to think coaches expect a lot of running.  I was thinking a big passing game from them.

prHOG13

Pea Ridge defeats Farmington 22-14 to move to 3-0

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 15, 2016, 09:33:29 am
What can we (Pottsville) expect from Shiloh's 7 grade team?  My boy seems to think coaches expect a lot of running.  I was thinking a big passing game from them.
What did Shiloh end up doing offensively, how did it go?

whippersnapper

Lincoln hosts Mansfield tomorrow morning.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 16, 2016, 08:26:02 am
What did Shiloh end up doing offensively, how did it go?

Pass like I thought they only ran the ball twice with their starting group.  Both teams pulled starters with about 8 minutes left.  SC 20 Pottsville 0. 

They have QB and receivers that are playing way above their age level.  Pottsville is playing their system for the future which is what they need to do, but it does not fit this undersized group of boys. Kind of hard to pound the ball up the middle when you have no line size and small fast backs. I was proud of my boy.  He has really improved his game.  I asked after the game how he felt he played.  He said not good.  I let him know he did every thing right and played a great game.  He just needs to encourage his team to keep working hard and get better.

I watched the first half of the JR game.  SC took advantage of several fumbles and was up 26-0.  They have a really big running back (22).  If he is in the game he will be getting the ball.  I fell like Pottsville is a much better team than what they showed last night.  I am not sure of how the game ended, but SC has a lot of good players.  They ran the ball and did not pass near like the 7th grade team.

Sigmund Sauer

That's a lot of passing for a 7th grade team, usually equals a lot of picks. I'm curious if they continue that as that group ages.

whippersnapper

Lincoln 30 Mansfield 0. Lincoln is 3-0

Gray lizard

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 16, 2016, 05:47:43 pm
That's a lot of passing for a 7th grade team, usually equals a lot of picks. I'm curious if they continue that as that group ages.
I thought so also.  The young QB can deliver and has receivers that can catch.  Not the normal loft the ball and hope someone can get under it.  Our two best defenders were moved to line backers and one was blitzed every play.  The QB really got the ball off fast.  They played a lot of pitch and catch. I would be surprised if the young QB is not starting next year for the JR high team.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 19, 2016, 01:39:28 pm
I thought so also.  The young QB can deliver and has receivers that can catch.  Not the normal loft the ball and hope someone can get under it.  Our two best defenders were moved to line backers and one was blitzed every play.  The QB really got the ball off fast.  They played a lot of pitch and catch. I would be surprised if the young QB is not starting next year for the JR high team.

It's strange having a JR high team that can't throw... That RB is a little tank and the QB is a big kid that can run too...  My daughter cheers at the homes games (7th grade) and I was amazed at how well that team threw the ball..  Did the same thing to Elkins..  1 or 2 run plays the entire game...

whippersnapper

Gravette 20 Lincoln 14

prHOG13

battle of 3-0 teams earlier tonight in Pea Ridge as Gentry came to town.

Pea Ridge wins 30-20 to move to 4-0.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 22, 2016, 11:08:59 pm
battle of 3-0 teams earlier tonight in Pea Ridge as Gentry came to town.

Pea Ridge wins 30-20 to move to 4-0.

Pea Ridge/Shiloh will be a good game... Shiloh has one loss to Greenwood 20-21....

whippersnapper

Looking like this will be a competetive year in JH.
Pea Ridge is 4-0
Gentry 3-1
Shiloh 3-1
Lincoln 3-1
Gravette did beat Lincoln (6 TOs on Off) on thursday but I am not sure of their overall record. I am sure PG is tough too.

$aintMaximu$

Berryville 7th grade handed Shiloh 7th grade their first loss... Maybe an upcoming team for the Bobcats??

whippersnapper

Pea Ridge 34 Lincoln 20. Lincoln fought back to make it 28-20 then PR scored after recovering the following onside kick.

prHOG13

Quote from: whippersnapper on September 29, 2016, 09:33:58 pm
Pea Ridge 34 Lincoln 20. Lincoln fought back to make it 28-20 then PR scored after recovering the following onside kick.
that was an interesting game

whippersnapper

Via twitter- PG 22 Gravette 6

$aintMaximu$

Shiloh beat Huntsville last night 28 - 7...

whippersnapper

Lincoln 27 Berryville 12

beach bum

I think the 1-4A is looking just fine for a few more years in high school as I follow these JH squads. Its really been fun seeing this league evolve over the last 10-15 years from the doormat of their classification to right behind the 7-4A.

prHOG13

Gravette 8
Pea Ridge 22

PR moves to 6-0 (3-0)

Prairie Grove next week which will be a monster game in both Jr High and high school

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 06, 2016, 09:58:15 pm
Gravette 8
Pea Ridge 22

PR moves to 6-0 (3-0)

Prairie Grove next week which will be a monster game in both Jr High and high school

Shiloh beat PG last night 37 to 22...   Should also set up for a good game with Pea Ridge in a couple weeks...

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 07, 2016, 07:42:13 am
Shiloh beat PG last night 37 to 22...   Should also set up for a good game with Pea Ridge in a couple weeks...
Oh wow. That surprises me, so yeah.... Looks like the PR/Shiloh game will decide conference this year again

whippersnapper

Updated conf standings

beach bum

With Gravette vs Berryville and Lincoln vs Hunstville we should see 6 out of 8 teams with at least a 2-2 conference record after 4 conference games tonight. The last three weeks in JH there will be a lot to play for getting a higher seed between the 3 and 6 spots in the 1-4A JH conference.

whippersnapper

Lincoln 8 Huntsville 14. Wet ball night. Wolves fumbled first 2 drives and the eagles capitalized on both

prHOG13

Prairie Grove 6
Pea Ridge 22

Blackhawks move to 7-0

whippersnapper

Conf Stabdings after week week 7
1a. Pea Ridge 4-0
1b. Shiloh 4-0
2. Prairie Grove 2-2
3. Gentry 2-2
4. Gravette 2-2
5. Lincoln 1-3
6. Huntsville 1-3
7. Berryville 0-4

whippersnapper

Shiloh 42 Lincoln 20

prHOG13

Pea Ridge 42
Berryville 16

Pea Ridge moves to 8-0

whippersnapper

Standings after week 8....
1A Pea Ridge 5-0 (8-0)
1B Shiloh 5-0 (7-1)
3.Gentry 3-2 (6-2)
4. Gravette 3-2 (?-?)
5. Prairie Grove 2-3 (?-?)
6. Huntsville 1-4 (?-?)
7. Lincoln 1-4 (4-4)
8. Berryville 0-5 (?-?)

whippersnapper

Lincoln 30 Gentry 26....wolves made a great defensive stand in the redzone to win the game.

whippersnapper

Shiloh 28 Gravette 12

prHOG13

Pea Ridge 14
Huntsville 6

Not a good game for PR, and Huntsville scored with :57 left to make it closer.

Showdown with Shiloh set for next Thursday night for the conference championship. 9-0 Pea Ridge travels to 8-1 Shiloh. Both teams undefeated in conference play.

whippersnapper

Shiloh over Pea Ridge by 8-10.
I think shiloh will force PR to throw it and I am not sure how good the blackhawks are in the passing game.
Looking like a good matchups in PG vs lincoln and Gravette vs gentry

prHOG13

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 01, 2016, 10:46:36 am
Shiloh over Pea Ridge by 8-10.
I think shiloh will force PR to throw it and I am not sure how good the blackhawks are in the passing game.
Looking like a good matchups in PG vs lincoln and Gravette vs gentry
They can throw it when they need to. They've got the 2nd best WR in this conference if he stays out of trouble

prHOG13

Congrats Shiloh. That was ugly

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 03, 2016, 08:48:16 pm
Congrats Shiloh. That was ugly

Yeah I was surprised.  Special teams seemed to be rough for the Black Hawks and they didn't really have a chance to establish a passing game... Still a great season and those two teams have some great games ahead of them!!

whippersnapper

PG 30 Lincoln 7. Lincoln finishes 5-5 (2-5) on the season. The wolves started 10 8th graders on offense and 6 on defense. Of the 5 losses only 2 were really blowouts. Those 2 being PG and Shiloh. This group of 9th and 8th graders will be a fun group to watch over the next 3-4 years.
Ill give some end of season stats hopefully sometime next week.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 04, 2016, 10:11:52 am
PG 30 Lincoln 7. Lincoln finishes 5-5 (2-5) on the season. The wolves started 10 8th graders on offense and 6 on defense. Of the 5 losses only 2 were really blowouts. Those 2 being PG and Shiloh. This group of 9th and 8th graders will be a fun group to watch over the next 3-4 years.
Ill give some end of season stats hopefully sometime next week.

I thought Lincoln looked good... The 7th grade game was a tough as well, they looked much better than most actually.  Does anybody know if Berryville 7th grade team lost a game.  That was Shiloh's only loss for 7th grade...

Momma_S

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 04, 2016, 10:31:46 am
The 7th grade game was a tough as well, they looked much better than most actually.  Does anybody know if Berryville 7th grade team lost a game.  That was Shiloh's only loss for 7th grade...

Berryville's 7th Grade team went 9-0 this season
W 40-6 @ Decatur
Game v Clinton was cancelled due to weather.
W 14-8 v Green Forest
W 22-0 v Shiloh
W 24-12 @ Gentry
W 36-0 v Lincoln
W 8-0 @ Gravette
W 22-8 v Pea Ridge
W 34-12 v Prairie Grove
W 22-0 @ Huntsville

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Momma_S on November 04, 2016, 11:51:00 am
Berryville's 7th Grade team went 9-0 this season
W 40-6 @ Decatur
Game v Clinton was cancelled due to weather.
W 14-8 v Green Forest
W 22-0 v Shiloh
W 24-12 @ Gentry
W 36-0 v Lincoln
W 8-0 @ Gravette
W 22-8 v Pea Ridge
W 34-12 v Prairie Grove
W 22-0 @ Huntsville

That's great for Berryville!!!  Hopefully they can carry that success into Jr high and High school!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas