• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City

Started by Beardad, December 15, 2015, 09:25:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

ADG state track and field results:  CLICK HERE

dragondad

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on May 03, 2018, 11:02:33 am
So if he would have be enrolled at Prescott, he would probably be running track for the Hogs........

No, he chose SAU, never had any interest in the Hogs..... by the way, he beat Prescott in all but one event at 2017 State.  1st in 100M, 1st in 200M, 1st in Long Jump, and 2nd in Triple Jump.

How about you just find some class and congratulate a young man on doing well.... or keep your childish pot stirring to yourself.   I'm sure the former is eliminated due to lack there of.

dragondad

May 04, 2018, 03:40:49 pm #852 Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:58:21 pm by dragondad
By the way,  in case you don't understand,  A team that wins at track doesn't necesarily mean they have better Atheletes.... it's quite possible they just had more Atheletes competing in more events than the team that placed 2nd.... or 3rd.... or even 4th

dragondad

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on May 04, 2018, 09:01:36 am
How many of them Louisiana boys are they recruiting? Also heard they are getting some guys out of El Dorado.

20 or 30 of each.... bigger, stronger, faster!

bleudog

May 04, 2018, 04:10:46 pm #854 Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:35:16 pm by bleudog
Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on May 03, 2018, 11:02:33 am
So if he would have be enrolled at Prescott, he would probably be running track for the Hogs........

I didn't see any Prescott kids on the Razorback roster.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-track/roster/

I know little or nothing about T&F.  How many Prescott kids have been on the team at Fayetteville?

bleudog

Steven Jones is in consideration for EDNT Readers' Choice for football coach.

https://landingpage.multiscreensite.com/eldorado-readers-choice#/gallery?group=282753

bleudog

May 18, 2018, 08:57:25 am #856 Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:35:55 am by bleudog
Well Beardad, the tongue-in-cheek JC thread you started at the end of 2015 just went over the 100,000 view mark.  It's currently the 5th most viewed thread on the 3A football board.

bleudog

The Annual Dragon Athletics Awards Banquet will be held Tuesday, May 22 at 6:00pm in the cafeteria! Tickets are $15 and available at the door. Varsity 9-12 Players and Coaches/Spouses are admitted free.

bleudog

June 01, 2018, 07:13:38 am #858 Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 03:02:43 pm by bleudog
Junction City School District:

"It is with saddened and heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our friend and #1 Dragon Fan Robert "Truck" Lee. Truck, thanks for all the great memories and for your never-ending encouragement and dedication to Dragon Athletics! You and your smile will be greatly missed."

Jabali

bleudog

bleudog

EDNT article on new district/classification assignment: CLICK HERE

bleudog

bleudog

ISU7

Quote from: Beardad on December 15, 2015, 09:25:29 pmHere comes junction
Here comes junction
Right down 3A Lane.

Athletes and animals and all carpenters studs pulling on the reigns

Rings are blinging, cheer squads singing, y'all get ready to fight.  Lift your weights and say your prayers cause Carpenter comes tonight

Here comes junction
Here comes junction
Right down 3A Lane

They've got a gag that's filled with scores for your weak 3A game

Watch those touchdowns, see those shut outs. Oh what beautiful clout.

Jump in the weight room and hit those bleachers cause junction comes real soon

Here comes junction
Here comes junction
Right down 3A Lane

They don't care if your rich or poor, they'll whoop you just the same

Junction still know you're all Gods children's that makes it alright.

So jump in those pads and y'all get ready cause Junctions bringing the fight
last time Junction went down 3A Lane RiverCrest Ended for them two years in a row which included a 34 pt lost in the 3A state finals.Harding McGehee and Crest all gone might give them a shot now 😂🤣

bleudog

June 06, 2022, 08:38:29 pm #865 Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 08:41:40 pm by bleudog
Quote from: ISU7 on June 01, 2022, 01:59:47 amlast time Junction went down 3A Lane RiverCrest Ended for them two years in a row which included a 34 pt lost in the 3A state finals.Harding McGehee and Crest all gone might give them a shot now 😂🤣

That "in the 3A state finals" part wasn't too bad for a school that ended up in 3A because the AAA doubled up some student numbers.

But yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery.

ISU7

Quote from: bleudog on June 06, 2022, 08:38:29 pmThat "in the 3A state finals" part wasn't too bad for a school that ended up in 3A because the AAA doubled up some student numbers.

But yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery.
Have you forgotten the run through JC had for that 3A championship game. It read next stop jewelry shop I would say they were quite confident 😂🤣 no excuses.

bleudog

Junction City ready for busy summer
By Jason Avery
News-Times Staff

As the calendar gets further into June, things are ramping up on the summer slate for Junction City.

After wrapping up spring practice, the Dragons have several 7-on-7's they will be participating in before fall practices get underway with David Carpenter returning as the head coach.

Carpenter said he was happy with how spring workouts went.

"It went real well," Carpenter said. "We focused more on doing not the conditioning type of work, but more of technique going into it versus running the plays and all of those type things with the backs learning how to read the linemen and what they were going to do as they were lining up against different defensive fronts and the receiver reading the secondary.

"Just going over all of those things that you have to go over with because it's been a while since last fall, so getting that part of it back down because we're going to start 7-on-7 and team camps and all of that and wanting to have a better understanding of what we're trying to do than just lining up and running plays."

Carpenter added that he was pleased with the Dragons' numbers as well.

"We had 34 guys and ended up with 33 guys, so I thought we did pretty good," Carpenter said.

Carpenter said the Dragons will head to Magnolia for a team camp, but the bulk of their summer will be playing in 7-on-7 tournaments.

"We're not going to do a lot of those. It's not a good time for that," Carpenter said of the Dragons not doing more team camps. "The 7-on-7's, we've always played a lot of those. On that part of it, it's more for the offense than for the defense.

"We call it multiple defense that we run in 7-on-7 because a lot of things that we just don't do because of the alignments and the way that we throw the ball and all of that type of stuff. That's part of it.

"Man coverage and all of that is vital to us, but it's more for the offense and it's also great conditioning to get those guys constantly running."

Junction City will also be spending plenty of time in the weight room when they aren't on the field.

"The main thing is the commitment," Carpenter said. "We have X-amount of lifts and workouts you're supposed to get during the summer. Also with the 7-on-7, getting a lot of the simple learning things down with the quarterbacks and receivers getting their timing, the quarterback reading the defense and how they're lined up.

"Folks don't play a lot of the same type of stuff that they do during the regular season, but when your quarterback reads his safeties and (line) backers and corners, all of that is best for them to get that done.

"With our linemen, we haven't done the last couple of years because of COVID. We would do a 7-on-7 at our place and have a lineman challenge down in the indoor where all of those guys would get some work done, just different competitions with them. That's what we're looking forward to."

Carpenter said there were two groups that have stood out during the Dragons' workouts to date.

"Right now, our receivers are ahead of schedule," Carpenter said. "I thought they came along as good as any group that we've had. Coach (Xavier) Diamond is doing an excellent job with those guys getting them to read and see what's going on and to be able to adjust to what we're trying to do. That was a big plus.

"Our young linemen are really coming on. They're getting better every day. The sophomores are going to have to play for us this year because of the small senior class that we have, so those guys are making good progress.

"Now, there's a big difference between summer progress and fall camp progress when somebody is over there beating on your head, so we'll see a little bit more later when that comes about."

CLICK HERE

bleudog

June 10, 2022, 09:28:03 am #868 Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 09:52:36 am by bleudog
Quote from: ISU7 on June 08, 2022, 05:37:23 amHave you forgotten the run through JC had for that 3A championship game. It read next stop jewelry shop I would say they were quite confident 😂🤣 no excuses.

The banner was stupid just like it was when Bearden used a similar one a few years before.  (It was also just as effective.)

When it came to better teams in the classification, JC's second year "3A" team was more like cardiac Dragons.

The playoff run was:
Harding Academy 31-30
Clinton 50-43
Osceola 44-38

Those weren't scores the Dragon faithful were used to but the team did what it took to survive and advanced until week 15 when it seemed like nothing went right.

ISU7

Quote from: bleudog on June 10, 2022, 09:28:03 amThe banner was stupid just like it was when Bearden used a similar one a few years before.  (It was also just as effective.)

When it came to better teams in the classification, JC's second year "3A" team was more like cardiac Dragons.

The playoff run was:
Harding Academy 31-30
Clinton 50-43
Osceola 44-38

Those weren't scores the Dragon faithful were used to but the team did what it took to survive and advanced until week 15 when it seemed like nothing went right.
JC had a nice 2 year run in 3A I'm just kidding around with you my guy. Good luck this season 🐉

bleudog

July 22, 2022, 10:03:48 am #870 Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 10:09:28 am by bleudog
Quote from: ISU7 on June 30, 2022, 02:14:11 amJC had a nice 2 year run in 3A I'm just kidding around with you my guy. Good luck this season 🐉

And to you and yours

bleudog

July 22, 2022, 10:08:20 am #871 Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 10:10:04 am by bleudog
Junction's revised schedule (as a result of Parkers Chapel leaving 3A for 8-man):  CLICK HERE

bleudog

EDNT article of 08/03/22:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Purple and Gold game tonight: CLICK HERE

Senior High roster:  CLICK HERE

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bleudog on August 11, 2022, 09:01:06 amPurple and Gold game tonight: CLICK HERE

Senior High roster:  CLICK HERE
Looks like JC has only 25 players at the start of the season. Things could get a little dicey if they have some injuries.

bleudog

Quote from: CoolBreeze on August 11, 2022, 03:41:33 pmLooks like JC has only 25 players at the start of the season. Things could get a little dicey if they have some injuries.

Last year's 11 and 12 grades (this year's seniors) were small classes.

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Districts/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=32&search=junction&pagesize=10

Not the best year for the AAA to experiment with the private school placement formula where public schools don't drop down when private schools come in.

bleudog

EDNT post Purple and White game article:  CLICK HERE

50ford

I have watched a lot of JC football and in my opinion they don't have those super stud guys coming in from everywhere like they have had in the past. The junior high teams I've seen the last couple of years don't even look like the old JC junior high teams either talent wise. Just like Bearden after 2015 graduating class it was a wrap talent wise.

bleudog

August 21, 2022, 08:44:17 am #878 Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 08:46:53 am by bleudog
Carpenter's post game take on the Hamburg scrimmage:  CLICK HERE

Coltfan2005

RECRUITMENT PERIOD FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR IS CLOSED.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 29, 2022, 04:48:36 pmRECRUITMENT PERIOD FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR IS CLOSED.
Is that true in Mississippi County too?

Coltfan2005

But we are smart enough not to put it on our home page. :-\

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 30, 2022, 08:30:48 pmBut we are smart enough not to put it on our home page. :-\
Good point.

MR#1

Quote from: CoolBreeze on August 29, 2022, 04:58:30 pmIs that true in Mississippi County too?

A 'transfer portal' might be the answer for transparency. It's a shame that nobody does that.  ;D

bleudog

Jimbo Morphis

Good luck to Junction City and Coach Carpenter. This board is more fun when they have a good team.

Lionsquatch

Quote from: Jimbo Morphis on September 02, 2022, 08:04:08 amGood luck to Junction City and Coach Carpenter. This board is more fun when they have a good team.
Everyone needs to be humbled every once in a while.  Bring them back down to Earth

bleudog

EDNT article on Carpenter's coaching tree:
 CLICK HERE

bleudog

EDNT article on 2023 outlook:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

panther07

Quote from: bleudog on July 20, 2023, 08:32:06 pm

That's good stuff. I played against Devin a few times. Was a great player and certainly seems to be a good dude. Hope he can get junction back on track.

Dragon4eva

Great stuff right there... Ive been sitting in on a few practices and you can tell the boys are just as hungry as the coaches. They are having fun again. I get hyped just watching em with the music blaring wide open..boys are full of energy again.. Ball got a lot of talent this year, will be even more the next 3 years... some studs are on the way from jr high. Im so ready for the season to start! Duece will be a beast among men before he graduates! TTAU Dragons!

DYCEDYCEDELLY

Quote from: Dragon4eva on July 21, 2023, 02:25:08 pmGreat stuff right there... Ive been sitting in on a few practices and you can tell the boys are just as hungry as the coaches. They are having fun again. I get hyped just watching em with the music blaring wide open..boys are full of energy again.. Ball got a lot of talent this year, will be even more the next 3 years... some studs are on the way from jr high. Im so ready for the season to start! Duece will be a beast among men before he graduates! TTAU Dragons!

How many they got out?

Dragon4eva

Bout 40 on varsity...bout that many on junior high so far   some may drop ( injuries) some may come once school starts... I know some live with a dad or mother out of town during summer but stay in jc district once school opens...

Dragon4eva

Quote from: Dragon4eva on August 07, 2023, 03:22:08 pmBout 40 on varsity...bout that many on junior high so far   some may drop ( injuries) some may come once school starts... I know some live with a dad or mother out of town during summer but stay in jc district once school opens...
beats the 17 they had last year...jr high bout same as last with upper 30's... jc loaded for next 4 years..bumping down to 2 a in 24..will make noise in 3a this year

DYCEDYCEDELLY

Quote from: Dragon4eva on August 07, 2023, 03:25:24 pmbeats the 17 they had last year...jr high bout same as last with upper 30's... jc loaded for next 4 years..bumping down to 2 a in 24..will make noise in 3a this year

Ball gonna run the spread or smash mouth?

Dragon4eva

Quote from: DYCEDYCEDELLY on August 08, 2023, 08:53:33 amBall gonna run the spread or smash mouth?
From what im hearing a lil of both.

HG Hornet

JC is much improved from in past years.  I know it was HOT and players from both JC & CHG were wearing down later in the game, but JC didn't ever quit.  They hung in there and had they not had multiple costly turnovers, they could have won the game.  Both teams need to clean up the penalties as well.   

I heard someone in purple standing close to the fence say that several Dragons were El Dorado Wildcats last year.  They're definitely gonna help.   

Dragon4eva

Quote from: CHG Hornet on August 28, 2023, 02:06:44 pmJC is much improved from in past years.  I know it was HOT and players from both JC & CHG were wearing down later in the game, but JC didn't ever quit.  They hung in there and had they not had multiple costly turnovers, they could have won the game.  Both teams need to clean up the penalties as well.   

I heard someone in purple standing close to the fence say that several Dragons were El Dorado Wildcats last year.  They're definitely gonna help.   
Hornet. i just watched the game again on DSN.. first of all.. congrats to yall..and yes looked like JC hurt themselves several times.. bad snaps, qb totin ball away from him etc...all thats fixable but hey i will give credit where it is due..yall got some guys that can fly. yall deserve your ranking..maybe we ll meet again in playoffs. For once its nice having a decent conversation about football.. i dont lose sleep over a win or lose..sometimes you gotta lose to get better at anything in life..great game..good luck to yall rest of year! J

HorseFeathers

Is BleuDog okay? Haven't seen him on here in some time...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas