• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayettevile wins state this year.

Started by 4thandgoal, November 08, 2015, 02:46:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

And the need to make a new thread for this was?

4thandgoal

spurrr

I thought Fayetteville was supposed to be undefeated at this point

dtrainsdad

Having watched the big three play, I think that HB is playing with the most momentum at this point, not thrilled about the bye week, it is a good way to lose that momentum.  The BV and FV game was fascinating to watch, but I found it hard to believe that FV lost.  They seem to have the most talent across the board of the three teams.  Is it coaching, lack of focus on the part of the players when it matters most or something else that caused their two losses?  My impression after watching FV play HB and BV, was that they seemed to run out of gas after playing two very physical teams.  BV has some very good players, but probably not enough on both sides of the ball.  Any one of the three would do the conference proud by winning state, but after scratching my head a lot, doing some math with a big blue pencil and some lined brown paper, having a heart to heart talk about football with my old dog, and doing the really serious pondering while on the throne, I have to conclude that HB is the team to beat this year. 

Brian G

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 08, 2015, 02:53:15 pm
You of all people ask this question?

Brian G

My view is there is no doubt the winner comes from the West.

But handicapping it is near impossible.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: B.G. on November 08, 2015, 09:04:41 pm

I think the biggest mystery is whether anyone not in the west will win a game this playoff season. There is always the possibility of an upset somewhere along the way and the big three seem to be way above the rest. Should be fun to watch.

WPWells

It was a joke because I commented on all his other threads and couldn't think of what to put on this one

Brian G

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 08, 2015, 09:39:10 pm

I think the biggest mystery is whether anyone not in the west will win a game this playoff season. There is always the possibility of an upset somewhere along the way and the big three seem to be way above the rest. Should be fun to watch.
I believe a non-West team will make the semi's.

Brian G

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 08, 2015, 09:39:46 pm
It was a joke because I commented on all his other threads and couldn't think of what to put on this one

Fine work.

Baitshop

Southside's last year as the Rebels....

Southside has their coveted, under the radar, 4 seed....

Southside has played perhaps the toughest schedule in the state this year...

Rebels off a big win in their big rivalry game...

First round against the alter boys at home...

Round 2 is a knockout of an overrated, undefeated, #1 seed...

Winner of semi round game between Southside and HarBer goes on to win the State Championship....

You boys just hide and watch....  8)

7AFBFAN

Quote from: B.G. on November 08, 2015, 09:48:26 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 08, 2015, 09:39:10 pm

I believe a non-West team will make the semi's.

I know what you are thinking. It won't be Cabot. They fall into the overrated category. Many teams with that schedule would be undefeated.

zarns

I had a front row seat for all three... just my two cents.

Don't sleep on Bentonville. They aren't flashy and sometimes that gets confused with not talented. They should have beaten Har-Ber, credit HB for winning but that game was as much Bentonville's game to win. Special teams let them down.

If they win that game they are probably the favorite.

Fayetteville is talented on offense, no question. Their front seven on defense however has struggled with, physical power running games. If they are going to win they will have to win shootout's with the top tier teams. They most certainly can do that.

Har-Ber was the best team I saw in person. I do the games for Springdale and when our game was over they were they only team that left me saying "Wow, they have all the elements you need." If this were a seven game series I'd take Har-Ber but in a one and done scenario, who knows. Their running game is very impressive.

I don't know much about the teams from the Central so it's hard for me to handicap matchups and as we all know in the playoffs styles make great games. But I'd bet on one if not two of these teams making it to WMS.

Razorback Red

Quote from: zarns on November 09, 2015, 07:21:10 am

Don't sleep on Bentonville. They aren't flashy and sometimes that gets confused with not talented. They should have beaten Har-Ber, credit HB for winning but that game was as much Bentonville's game to win. Special teams let them down.

Fayetteville is talented on offense, no question. Their front seven on defense however has struggled with, physical power running games. If they are going to win they will have to win shootout's with the top tier teams. They most certainly can do that.

Har-Ber was the best team I saw in person. I do the games for Springdale and when our game was over they were they only team that left me saying "Wow, they have all the elements you need." If this were a seven game series I'd take Har-Ber but in a one and done scenario, who knows. Their running game is very impressive.

I don't know much about the teams from the Central so it's hard for me to handicap matchups and as we all know in the playoffs styles make great games. But I'd bet on one if not two of these teams making it to WMS.

Very fair assessment here on all 3 teams:  Harber definitely has the best running game and Fville definitely has the best passing game.  Bentonville probably has the best overall D.  The unknown is which Bville offense will show up.  If balanced Bville shows up, they will be tough.  As for odds, Harber has much better odds because they only have to face one of the other two.  Bville and Fville will have to beat each other and Harber. 

Billyo62

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 09, 2015, 07:33:18 pm
Quote from: zarns on November 09, 2015, 07:21:10 am

Very fair assessment here on all 3 teams:  Harber definitely has the best running game and Fville definitely has the best passing game.  Bentonville probably has the best overall D.  The unknown is which Bville offense will show up.  If balanced Bville shows up, they will be tough.  As for odds, Harber has much better odds because they only have to face one of the other two. Bville and Fville will have to beat each other and Harber.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Proud Buckaroo

I think Har-Bar wins it this year, and makes it interesting. When was the last time someone other than Bentonville or Fayetteville won it?

DerekOxford

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 11, 2015, 10:58:17 pm
I think Har-Bar wins it this year, and makes it interesting. When was the last time someone other than Bentonville or Fayetteville won it?

Har-Ber in 2009. Beat Fort Smith Southside in the final.

Last time a non-West team won it? LR Central in 2004.

businesstron

I think the winner of Bentonville vs Fayetteville Pt 2 wins it all. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 11, 2015, 10:59:46 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 11, 2015, 10:58:17 pm

Har-Ber in 2009. Beat Fort Smith Southside in the final.

Last time a non-West team won it? LR Central in 2004.

I knew it had been a while.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 08, 2015, 02:57:53 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 08, 2015, 02:53:15 pm

To tell the truth

You know those thug life videos circulating on Facebook? This would fit in one of those videos.  8)

Billyo62

Quote from: businesstron on November 11, 2015, 11:06:36 pm

Wow I agree with you. May be a first.  ;)

4thandgoal

Quote from: Billyo62 on November 12, 2015, 04:07:37 pm

i have already told you that Fayetteville will win it this year!!!!!

HeberFan

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 15, 2015, 10:06:50 pm

Win what, bowling?

razorcooler

Bentonville and Harber already took it to them... Who would Fayetteville play in the semis?

DerekOxford

Quote from: razorcooler on November 18, 2015, 08:23:02 am

Bentonville and Harber already took it to them... Who would Fayetteville play in the semis?

Whoever wins the Bentonville/NLR game, most likely Bentonville.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas