• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State Football Thread

Started by Redwolves8526, October 29, 2015, 08:19:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolves8526

Figured this would be easier to do than just make individual game threads.

We currently sit in 1st place, tied with App State. We are pretty good this year, just need to clean up penalties and coverage breakdowns. The Sun Belt is down this year so we should have a good chance to finish top 3. If we beat App State next weekend, we take the crown. Hopefully we'll be in Nola this December!

pioneers

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 29, 2015, 08:19:32 am
Figured this would be easier to do than just make individual game threads.

We currently sit in 1st place, tied with App State. We are pretty good this year, just need to clean up penalties and coverage breakdowns. The Sun Belt is down this year so we should have a good chance to finish top 3. If we beat App State next weekend, we take the crown. Hopefully we'll be in Nola this December!
I personally like the Go Daddy bowl. It's better for recruiting because you play a better team and play later in the year and more times than not if a Louisiana sun belt team is eligible they will go to Nola.

WPWells

I hope the Red Wolves do well. Contrary to what y'all may believe based on some things I've said, I don't hate y'all

Lions84

pioneers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 29, 2015, 10:05:39 am
I hope the Red Wolves do well. Contrary to what y'all may believe based on some things I've said, I don't hate y'all
I'm with you 12th I don't want to see any in state team do bad.

Redwolves8526

I'm hoping/wishing that ASU somehow gets a Liberty bowl bid and plays Arkansas in Memphis. Wouldn't that be fun?

Legend

That would be the most awesome thing ever!

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 29, 2015, 10:05:39 am

We thank you, Twelfth.  :)

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 29, 2015, 01:48:17 pm
I'm hoping/wishing that ASU somehow gets a Liberty bowl bid and plays Arkansas in Memphis. Wouldn't that be fun?

That would be the coolest thing ever!

Legend

You know almost everyone would be pulling for A state. I know I would be!

VHSCoach2

This could directly correlate to Arkansas State soon...

Appalachian State has struggled against Troy all afternoon. App State and Troy are currently in overtime.

True Believer

ASU 48

Georgia State 34

Happy Howloween!!

Legend

Is there a bowl where a sun belt team would play an sec team?

Proud Buckaroo

Legend

It would be cool to see those two teams matched up!

VHSCoach2

Buckaroo is correct; there is now Bowl that matches SEC and Sun Belt.

The only exception would be if a conference that faces the SEC or Sun Belt in a Bowl Game doesn't have enough Bowl eligible teams and a substitute team from a conference with more bowl eligible teams was used to fill the spot.

Legend

I pull for ASU cuz my good Friend Colton Jackson is on the O Line

phdefense

Quote from: Legend on October 31, 2015, 05:51:06 am
You know almost everyone would be pulling for A state. I know I would be!
To be honest they would probably sit at home and not go to a bowl at all rather than play that game.

Legend

They would be to afraid of losing. I remember when teh girls bball team beat Arkansas in the NIT. It was hilarious

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Legend on November 02, 2015, 11:03:16 am
They would be to afraid of losing. I remember when teh girls bball team beat Arkansas in the NIT. It was hilarious

Arkansas and Arkansas State played in the Men's NIT, as well, in 1987.

Arkansas won 67-64 after a furious comeback (A-State led by as much as 21 in the second half).

Legend

Too bad we will never see teh day they play!

Redwolves8526

Hope we get to the New Orleans this year.

pioneers

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 03, 2015, 09:39:55 am
just curious why do you want to go to New Orleans so bad for.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: pioneers on November 04, 2015, 10:51:24 am
Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 03, 2015, 09:39:55 am
just curious why do you want to go to New Orleans so bad for.

Been to the Go Daddy bowl the past 4 years, played in the first one. Tired of Mobile! It's also on the day before Christmas eve, i doubt our attendance would be great.

bleudog

A State vs Appy State game is on ESPNU

Red Wolves up by 10 with 10:17 left in the third.

pioneers

Astate with the big win tonight against app state.

WPWells

Just watched the highlights. Does anyone else think the Appy State end zones looked big?

Lionheart88

State really showed out in the second half tonight.  Good stuff.  With their remaining schedule, they've got a good shot to run the table in the Sun Belt this year.

Legend

A State has really stepped it up. Looking forward to atleast watching one Arkansas team in a bowl game!

Jacketman65

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 05, 2015, 10:25:16 pm
Just watched the highlights. Does anyone else think the Appy State end zones looked big?
I'm pretty certain that all end zones are the same size!

Redwolves8526

We were impressive last night, especially in the 2nd half. 26 points unanswered points to begin the half

WPWells

I'm not stupid. I was saying that they just appeared to be more than 10 yards. Probably just the fact that my eyes are bad. I was just curious if anyone made a similar observation.

Redwolves8526

November 11, 2015, 08:03:43 am #31 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:05:56 am by Redwolves8526
A-State takes on ULM this Saturday. 2:30 kick off time. We should cruise in this one.

Legend

What is the best bowl they could make it too?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Legend on November 11, 2015, 09:38:41 am

Looking like New Orleans, unless the Liberty bowl has a tie in that doesn't get eligible

pioneers

Quote from: Legend on November 11, 2015, 09:38:41 am
To me the go daddy bowl is the best bowl for asu. Better for recruiting and is an all around better bowl.

Legend

What are the chances Arkansas could get the go daddy bowl

pioneers

Quote from: Legend on November 12, 2015, 12:34:31 pm
If they win the sun belt and ull gets bowl edible then ull will probably go to New Orleans bowl and asu will go to go daddy. Asu has been the past 4 years and have had very good crowds their so I would imagine they would invite asu back.

bleudog

November 12, 2015, 03:16:27 pm #37 Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 03:08:41 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Legend on November 12, 2015, 12:34:31 pm

If you're asking about the school in Fayetteville, I'd think their best chance to meet up with ASU in a bowl would be in Shreveport.  I'm not sure how many eligible teams the ACC will have and I think the Indy Bowl has contingent arrangements with the Sunbelt and C-USA.  That does assume "Arkansas" wins one of its last three games and would accept a bid knowing the possible opponent would be ASU.  The Indy Bowl folks would love it.

Legend

You know how many fans would show up to that game!

HorseFeathers

Wouldn't be surprising if arkansas declined the invite and stayed home if that happened...

phdefense

Quote from: HF on November 14, 2015, 02:34:37 pm
Wouldn't be surprising if arkansas declined the invite and stayed home if that happened...
People can get really irrational when pride is involved.

WPWells

Uhhhh no? That would look really really cowardly.

HorseFeathers

Kinda like playing UT-Martin because we having nothing to gain from blowing out stAte?

HorseFeathers

And admins...don't worry...I'm done now...

bleudog

ASU.   14
ULM.    7

11:16 left in the second

Legend

WPWells

Arkansas State fans want it to happen because they know that they'd beat us once out of every 20 years and for that one year they could beat their chest. They're like a little brother. They're cool until they decide they can come play with the big boys

bleudog

ASU.  14
ULM.  14

5:33 left in the second.

Legend

Didnt they make a dvd when ASU women beat ARK women in the NIT. Could you imagine if ASU beat ARK in football.

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas