• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12th Man's Numbers Never Lie Rankings - 6A

Started by WPWells, September 11, 2015, 11:20:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I'll be updating these weekly as I have a chance to run the numbers each week. Here are my 6A rankings after week 2 (remember these are mathematical):

1. Pine Bluff
2. Greenwood
3. Jonesboro
4. Alma
5. El Dorado
6. Marion (Double-checked this one)
7. Benton
8. Siloam Springs
9. Searcy (And this one)
10. Russellville

WPWells

Update:

1. Pine Bluff
2. Greenwood
3. Jonesboro
4. Alma
5. El Dorado
6. Marion
7. Benton
8. Siloam Springs
9. Searcy
10. Sheridan

WPWells

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 19, 2015, 10:57:25 am
Parkview?

Right there. Thought about making an adjustment for them. This is one situation where I felt differently than what my numbers said. The fact that Fair is SO BAD hurt them

7AFBFAN

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 19, 2015, 10:58:35 am
Parkview?

Right there. Thought about making an adjustment for them. This is one situation where I felt differently than what my numbers said.

I am glad you are doing this for all of the classifications. Thanks for sharing. It's always fun to debate the different rankings.

Pr8hd

Parkview?
I agree...

Personally, I am very impressed by their win over Catholic a team that Cabot in the top 7 of your 7A rankings that Catholic lost to in overtime.

They should be right behind ED IMO.

WPWells

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 19, 2015, 11:02:28 am
Parkview?
I agree...

Personally, I am very impressed by their win over Catholic a team that Cabot in the top 7 of your 7A rankings that Catholic lost to in overtime.

That's very true. I don't have any argument. I just go by what my numbers say. I'm still debating whether or not I want to make an adjustment for them. I have a place in my equation where I can increase their rating by a fer points based on what I've seen that the numbers don't necessarily see. I usually make a few adjustments each week. I made a slight one for Parkview, and when that didn't get them in the top 10, I just left it. I'm thinking about increasing the adjustment, possibly maxing it out.

7AFBFAN

Parkview?
I agree...

I have always been impressed with the raw talent of several players on Parkview. I don't know anything about this years team but if they have several quality athletes again and can put together a good season they could be tough come playoff time.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 19, 2015, 11:04:58 am
Parkview?
I agree...

That's very true. I don't have any argument. I just go by what my numbers say. I'm still debating whether or not I want to make an adjustment for them. I have a place in my equation where I can increase their rating by a fer points based on what I've seen that the numbers don't necessarily see. I usually make a few adjustments each week. I made a slight one for Parkview, and when that didn't get them in the top 10, I just left it. I'm thinking about increasing the adjustment, possibly maxing it out.

I would just leave it be, like many of the good ranking systems the time factor always shows the true picture.

Pr8hd

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 19, 2015, 11:07:13 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 19, 2015, 11:04:58 am
Parkview?
I agree...

I would just leave it be, like many of the good ranking systems the time factor always shows the true picture.

True, like I have said...in 6A there is PB and then the drop is pretty far still past that even to GW despite handling the all 7A non-conference part of their schedule. Comparing GW/NS score to PB/NS is not a firm foundation for the GW faithful...just got to take care of business and get em at War Memorial. Parkview seems like a dark horse that could cause issues in the South though for sure and sneak up and get some people. Never dismiss ED come November as well (very painful lesson). It seems like to me every team is down some from last year across multiple classes, but PB.

It is early though...second season now starting will get interesting.

urban legend2

Parkview is definitely a dark horse in 6A. This was the year they were pointing to so they've got everything in place to make their move. Will know a lot Friday when they play at Benton.

Pr8hd

Quote from: urban legend2 on September 19, 2015, 11:21:48 am
Parkview is definitely a dark horse in 6A. This was the year they were pointing to so they've got everything in place to make their move. Will know a lot Friday when they play at Benton.

That will be a good one ....will either solidify Benton as more than just a one-hit wonder or legitimize the Parkview threat in the South. 

WPWells

Update through week 5:

1. Pine Bluff
2. Greenwood
3. Jonesboro
4. Alma
5. El Dorado
6. Benton
7. Sheridan
8. Little Rock Parkview
9. Russellville
10. Siloam Springs

IAFLAR7

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 27, 2015, 06:23:33 pm
Update through week 5:

1. Pine Bluff
2. Greenwood
3. Jonesboro
4. Alma
5. El Dorado
6. Benton
7. Sheridan
8. Little Rock Parkview
9. Russellville
10. Siloam Springs

Sheridan ahead of Parkview????? Not happening.

Proud Buckaroo

When people complain about rankings but never actually do their own...

WPWells

I'm curious if I ever said that this was my prediction on how the season would turn out (I didn't). These are my ratings through week 5 using a mathematical formula

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 28, 2015, 09:25:18 am
I'm curious if I ever said that this was my prediction on how the season would turn out (I didn't). These are my ratings through week 5 using a mathematical formula

Mathematical meaning he draws names out of a Charleston tiger hat...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on September 28, 2015, 11:41:25 am

Lol

P.F.G.

Visor***

HorseFeathers

Quote from: P.F.G. on September 30, 2015, 08:54:41 pm

Visor***

WPWells

October 04, 2015, 03:10:44 pm #20 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:34:53 pm by 12th Man CHS
Update through week 5:

1. Pine Bluff
2. Greenwood
3. Alma
4. Benton
5. Jonesboro
6. El Dorado
7. Sheridan
8. Little Rock Parkview
9. Searcy
10. Lake Hamilton

WPWells

Update through week 6:

1. Pine Bluff
2. Greenwood
3. Alma
4. Benton
5. Jonesboro
6. Little Rock Parkview
7. Searcy
8. Lake Hamilton
9. Siloam Springs
10. Russellville

Basically ignore everything after the top 5. None of them are actually good teams.

Razorback Red

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 09, 2015, 10:36:39 pm
Update through week 6:

1. Pine Bluff
2. Greenwood
3. Alma
4. Benton
5. Jonesboro
6. Little Rock Parkview
7. Searcy
8. Lake Hamilton
9. Siloam Springs
10. Russellville

Basically ignore everything after the top 5. None of them are actually good teams.

Unless there is a HUGE upset, the 6A title game doesn't have a lot of suspense at this point.  Can't wait to see them go at it. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas