• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Sheridan Yellowjackets

Started by Mr_Deb, August 22, 2015, 11:53:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Deb

Heard through the grapevine ol' sheridan plans on rocking the boat down there a little this year.

Hearing about 150 kids came out??

Correct me if I'm wrong wasn't there an article released where Coach Louis is talking about stinging their way to the top of the south?

Mr_Deb

Oldbadger

Nice to hear so many Sheridan kids came out.  Last I heard though only 11 can play at a time.

Mr_Deb

Don't know how much truth is to it, just what I've heard through the grapevine maybe some of the Sheridan faithful could give us a hand.

Burks

It's great if 150 kids are playing! Can find more athletes with those numbers, which could lead to more victories!

Lumberjackfan1978

Only 11 can play at a time but the more kids that come out the better chance of having a few more playmakers I wish warren had half those numbers

zebradynasty

Quote from: Gart on August 24, 2015, 10:17:41 am
A little over 60.

http://sheridanfootball.com/joomla/

That sounds more believeable. I can't see Sheridan having 150 out for football!

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Gart on August 24, 2015, 10:17:41 am
A little over 60.

http://sheridanfootball.com/joomla/

Only 60?? Source must've mistaken their briskness for additional personnel.

Hearing Coach Louis is smearing honey on zebra jerseys down there now, supposedly makes the hunt more intense on friday nights.

Any truth to this Gart?

Zebrafan4life

Sheridan is not ready for what the Zabras got for them.

Gart

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Gart on August 25, 2015, 07:33:37 am
Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 22, 2015, 11:53:24 am
Hearing about 150 kids came out??

Maybe they meant 7th - 12th.

No sir, we're talking varsity here.

Quote from: Zebrafan4life on August 25, 2015, 07:02:30 am

If what I'm hearing is true they're talking about putting on a zebra barbeque down there.

Mr_Deb

Sheridan is getting pretty serious about this thing

zebradynasty

Lack of numbers isn't the problem unless they can greatly improve the 11 on offense and the 11 on defense....not much will change especially on October 30th when they come to PB.

protegewill

Quote from: Zebrafan4life on August 25, 2015, 07:02:30 am

When have they ever!!

sigpooie

Then why is Campbell saying he hopes to win 3 games this year. Best players in this town are playing Madden. Sheridan needs coaches that can talk studs into playing for them.  This coach has a 17 and 48 record and that does not help them at all.

Mr_Deb

Lionheart88

Quote from: Mr_Deb on August 25, 2015, 07:04:17 pm
Sheridan is getting pretty serious about this thing
Sheridan needs to focus on week 1.  They haven't been good enough to look past people in a long time.

Mike Love

If Sheridan can win 3 games, i will buy the captains a steak dinner...and if they could get the athletes..ie...baseball to play football, they might win 4...the south is vicious for football.

sigpooie

Agreed Mike, I'll tell the captains cause there is a new steak house in town.  I'm hoping one v is McClellan. These kids need some winning to start a very tough row of Arkadelphia, White Hall, Lake Hamilton,  El Dorado, Benton, Parkview and PB. I hope they have a passing game, cause I don't think the can run on any of these teams.

Mike Love

After seeing McClelland hammer Sheridan 37-14, I dont think there is any danger of me having to buy any steak dinners this year...what has happened to Sheridan football???

sigpooie

I  think mcl is better than people thought. Their back had 320 yes on 20 carries. . Last night the cheerleaders threw blue football's to the crowd. I think that might have fired up team since they don't throw them unless we score.  As for what's happened.  Not sure either. Rich kids eat better but don't play as tough as poor kids who have to work instead of playing to eat at all.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Mike Love on September 01, 2015, 05:56:57 pm
If Sheridan can win 3 games, i will buy the captains a steak dinner...and if they could get the athletes..ie...baseball to play football, they might win 4...the south is vicious for football.

Sounds like they have 2 wins out of 3 games already.
They request their steaks rare.

Mike Love

TheY are running the ball well...I better be warming up the grill!!!

WonderWartHawg

September 25, 2015, 09:38:34 pm #24 Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:43:50 pm by WonderWartHawg
Got the coals hot?

Sheridan 35 Lake Hamilton 28  FINAL

True Believer

Mike Love

I will now happily be getting in touch with team captains, setting up their steak dinners at Wright's. Money gladly and well spent...Who'da thought-3 in a row, and I cant remember the last time they beat LH at LH...awesome job, guys!!! Go Jackets!

WonderWartHawg

I don't know who the captains are, but if Brockton Brown is not one he deserves a steak as well - haven't heard how many yards he got but announcers on Lake Hamilton broadcast were throwing the number 300 out there.  And with a number like that, how about including the O Line?

Pretty free with your money, aren't I   ;D

ricepig

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on September 26, 2015, 12:14:08 pm
I don't know who the captains are, but if Brockton Brown is not one he deserves a steak as well - haven't heard how many yards he got but announcers on Lake Hamilton broadcast were throwing the number 300 out there.  And with a number like that, how about including the O Line?

Yeah, a real fan would spring for the whole team, staff, band, cheerleaders, and dance team......

Gart

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2015, 12:17:36 pm
Quote from: WonderWartHawg on September 26, 2015, 12:14:08 pm

Brockton had 31 carries for 274 yards, 3 tds.  On the season, 101 carries for 852 yards, 213 YPG. 933 all purpose.

And let's not forget the team stat guy when handing out steaks on Mike's $!

sheridanfootball.com

gatecrasher

Lake Hamilton is terrible this year. Worst team they've had here in quite a few years.

My El Dorado Wildcats make the trip to Sheridan this week.
We have never lost to Sheridan in football. Ever.
At some point the law of averages will run out and Sheridan will probably beat El Dorado.

It's not gonna be this year though.

Mike Love

Well folks, I didnt say I would spring for everybody, I said for the captains, I will do what I say!!! It is great for everyone YellowJacket, now. Gart, stat guys dont count...lol   beat El Do!!!

Wildcat Football

El Do will beat Yellowjackets this year, but will be closer than what most people think.  Sheridan is playing well.  Honestly though, El Do focus is on Benton and PB...we got drummed last year by both teams so looking to get better results with revenge factor as motivation.  Our coach is one of the best in the business and will adjust to make sure a repeat does not occur. Go Cats!

Beardad

Sheridan may sting their way to a playoff spot.  They may beat the Eldawg Purplecats.  What they will most certainly NOT do..........is beat those ZEBRAS

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Wildcat Football on September 28, 2015, 10:53:13 am
El Do will beat Yellowjackets this year, but will be closer than what most people think.  Sheridan is playing well.  Honestly though, El Do focus is on Benton and PB...we got drummed last year by both teams so looking to get better results with revenge factor as motivation.  Our coach is one of the best in the business and will adjust to make sure a repeat does not occur. Go Cats!

Not a good night for Sheridan.   A couple of fumbles inside the 5 to kill potential scoring drives followed by subsequent scores for El Dorado were just too much to overcome.

On to the next game...

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Eldo's version of Leonard Fournette (they both wear #7), MR Kawon Love was too much for Sheridan to handle. 4 TD's and 331 yards on 25 carries. Two of those scores come on 4th and 3 from the same spot on the field,going untouched from  Sheridan's 43 yard line both times.  If he wasn't running around a tackler, he was running over them.

gatecrasher

Wildcats still have work to do before facing Pine Bluff in three weeks.
Defense still giving up too many chunk plays.
Offensively, Kawon Love is a beast. But we need more balance on offense if we are to get back to where we expect to be as a team, and that's hoisting that trophy the first weekend in December.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas