• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 6A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Benton vs Pine Bluff (VOTE)

Started by Brian G, November 29, 2014, 09:04:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Benton
41 (61.2%)
Pine Bluff
26 (38.8%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: December 06, 2014, 10:38:24 am

Oldbadger

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on December 07, 2014, 11:36:05 am
Quote from: Oldbadger on December 06, 2014, 09:46:24 am
I have to say this one thing.  I won't try to analyze the game, you all have heard about it or saw it.  I was amazed that 15,000 people were there.  But, what I wanted to mention is this:  We all have heard of all the stories about Pine Bluff, many of which aren't positive.  I would like to share an observation I witnessed last night.  After the game and all the athletes were meeting at midfield to exchange hand bumps or whatever, I saw Pine Bluff's QB go over to a disheartened #2 and with arms over his shoulders and face mask to face mask for a full 30 seconds give him encouragement.  A great sign of respect, athlete to athlete.  Not only that, but groups of four and five PB athletes crowded around him and offered encouragement.  I loved that!  That was class!  My opinion is that, with these PB kids, maybe, in the future they will accomplish some things, after high school, that will get others to think positively about their city. 

Or maybe for years PB kids have been doing that same thing.
Quote from: catinthehat on December 07, 2014, 11:46:42 am
Classic back-handed compliment.
Maybe the PB kids have been doing the same thing for years.  But, this is the first year I have ever, in my life watched PB play in any sport!  Whether you believe I meant that compliment as straight forward or not, I really could care less, I, personally have never witnessed any team do what they did.  So, I admire and respect them for it.  It meant a lot to me, because I happen to be the grandfather of number 2.  He is not only very good athlete but a very good kid.  He had only good things to say about the PB team.  He doesn't make excuses for losing.  I really didn't have to say anything, but considering what I have seen on this site and what I read and hear about PB, I felt a strong desire to say something positive.  I did, and meant every word.  So, take it any way you wish, but, I feel good about my intentions and good about what I said.  Hope you fellows have a Merry Christmas, and I mean that too!

admorris24

Well said OB.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching Drew play this year  What a class young man.  My son is a LB along with brayden and look forward to seeing those two deliver some hits over the next couple of years

Oldbadger

Quote from: admorris24 on December 07, 2014, 04:06:26 pm
Well said OB.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching Drew play this year  What a class young man.  My son is a LB along with brayden and look forward to seeing those two deliver some hits over the next couple of years
Thanks, admorris24, I also look forward to next year, they will be good again.  Some of our 10 graders like your son and Brayden will be great next year and I'll be at every game.

catinthehat

Seriously, OB? You must not have watched that much football over the years if that's the "first time" you've ever seen a football team exhibit any "class".

Oldbadger

Quote from: catinthehat on December 07, 2014, 07:05:53 pm
Seriously, OB? You must not have watched that much football over the years if that's the "first time" you've ever seen a football team exhibit any "class".
Well, you misunderstood the post!  Or maybe I wasn't clear.  I have seen lots of football teams exhibit class, as a matter of fact, most do.  What I said was, and you may want to go back and read my original post, that I have never seen a team as a group, gather around one of the opposing team members and offer encouragement.  Starting with the PB QB then on to 8 or 9 other starters for PB, they gathered around and gave encouragement to the young man.  I'm not talking about a fist bump or helmet tap, I'm talking about arms around the shoulders, face to face talk.  I probably have seen or played in more football games than you are days old!lol

gatecrasher

Where's Majique? 72 hours plus and still no sign of him.
Is he okay? Lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas