• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 6A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Benton vs Pine Bluff (VOTE)

Started by Brian G, November 29, 2014, 09:04:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Benton
41 (61.2%)
Pine Bluff
26 (38.8%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: December 06, 2014, 10:38:24 am

Lionheart88

Look in the stickied thread at the top of the forum.

itsslim

AirWarren

gatecrasher

urban legend2

Out here now...
PB 38
Benton 10
8:54 left in game
*Total domination on both sides...Benton has lost their composure completely. Lot of cheap shots, etc.

itsslim

AirWarren

Quote from: urban legend2 on December 05, 2014, 10:39:32 pm
Out here now...
PB 38
Benton 10
8:54 left in game
*Total domination on both sides...Benton has lost their composure completely. Lot of cheap shots, etc.

The redneck saline county is coming out in them.

zebradynasty

In the end Benton is still Benton! But maybe now they can tell us just how bad runner up is!

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2014, 11:08:03 pm
In the end Benton is still Benton! But maybe now they can tell us just how bad runner up is!

:D

itsslim

Got 51 points put in that back, they Tru colors started to come out!!!! Good job zs

gatecrasher

Congrats are in order to Pine Bluff. I don't have to break out the Marv Levy/Buffalo Bills jokes tonight. ;D

Seriously...we have a fierce rivalry with the Zebras. But trash talk aside, we have much respect for the Z's and Coach Bolding, as well as the posters on here.

AirWarren

gatecrasher

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Hope Ben Ton didnt order their rings last week after beating us. Something tells me they did

AirWarren

zebradynasty

December 05, 2014, 11:23:54 pm #116 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:28:59 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: gatecrasher on December 05, 2014, 11:13:43 pm
Congrats are in order to Pine Bluff. I don't have to break out the Marv Levy/Buffalo Bills jokes tonight. ;D

Seriously...we have a fierce rivalry with the Zebras. But trash talk aside, we have much respect for the Z's and Coach Bolding, as well as the posters on here.

I don't think I could have took Bills jokes tonight thank goodness. I can't stand you when we play but much respect to Eldorado. Both times we faced in you in the Championship you carried yourself with class...GW did too...

AirWarren

Congrats on the state title zebra. Thank your for making my transplant home of Benton weep haha.

ELDOWILDCAT88

urban legend2

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 05, 2014, 11:13:43 pm

Ditto here Gate. It's what I would call a "healthy rivalry".  ;D

zebradynasty

Now a shout out to the Z's. Tonight's game was a culmination of years of hard work. You guys figured out how to live with the pressures of high expectations. So much is said negative about this city that people fail to look at the positive. This team is a positive you carried yourselves well all season and in the end exceeded those expectations. Proud of the young men and can't wait till next season!

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2014, 11:44:31 pm
Now a shout out to the Z's. Tonight's game was a culmination of years of hard work. You guys figured out how to live with the pressures of high expectations. So much is said negative about this city that people fail to look at the positive. This team is a positive you carried yourselves well all season and in the end exceeded those expectations. Proud of the young men and can't wait till next season!

Mostly juniors right? Last year they were mostly sophomores correct?

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2014, 11:48:33 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2014, 11:44:31 pm

Mostly juniors right? Last year they were mostly sophomores correct?

Yes mostly juniors we return a lot next year. We lose 2 Wr's but should have a very potent offense and defense should be better.

urban legend2

Defense should be very salty next year. The team, as a whole, should be good.

Wonderdog

zebrafan

Congrats Zebras!!!! Feels so good to finally win one again!!! Great season!!

minerjack

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2014, 11:24:43 pm
Congrats on the state title zebra. Thank your for making my transplant home of Benton weep haha.
Sounds like Benton needs a transplant after that loss. Looks like they got their innards gutted...

The Zebra Successor

How about the Pine Bluff Zebras on their 22nd state championship..!! I will celebrate the win for about a week. . Then back to the basics .. I told u guys i got these young fellas winning 2 state titles back 2 back.. So i won't be satisfied until I see it.. 50% completed. . I LOVE MY ZEBRAS !! CONGRATS BOYS !!

centralarfan

Congrats to Pine Bluff Zebras for getting things done when it counted most. Benton had a great season. Most (including me) never expected Benton to even have a winning season.

Pr8hd

Congrats to the Zebras on another title. Sort of figured would be your year from the onset. You guys had tons of talent and you came up big when the chips were at the highest. Saw it coming last year when you tore the hearts out at GW.

Kudos as well to Benton on a great year that came up just short. Losing stinks, but I have a senior and his team that would have traded places with you all just to be there to have a chance. It is a special thing. No reason to hang your heads on an awesome year.     

Oldbadger

I have to say this one thing.  I won't try to analyze the game, you all have heard about it or saw it.  I was amazed that 15,000 people were there.  But, what I wanted to mention is this:  We all have heard of all the stories about Pine Bluff, many of which aren't positive.  I would like to share an observation I witnessed last night.  After the game and all the athletes were meeting at midfield to exchange hand bumps or whatever, I saw Pine Bluff's QB go over to a disheartened #2 and with arms over his shoulders and face mask to face mask for a full 30 seconds give him encouragement.  A great sign of respect, athlete to athlete.  Not only that, but groups of four and five PB athletes crowded around him and offered encouragement.  I loved that!  That was class!  My opinion is that, with these PB kids, maybe, in the future they will accomplish some things, after high school, that will get others to think positively about their city. 

itsslim

urban legend2

Great to see that!! That's the thing about it Badger. There are a lot of good things about PB, alot of positives, a lot of good people just like any other place. But you never hear about it because only the negatives are portrayed. That's what I was trying to get that poster earlier in the week to understand (naturally he hasn't been heard of since).

zebradynasty

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 06, 2014, 09:46:24 am
I have to say this one thing.  I won't try to analyze the game, you all have heard about it or saw it.  I was amazed that 15,000 people were there.  But, what I wanted to mention is this:  We all have heard of all the stories about Pine Bluff, many of which aren't positive.  I would like to share an observation I witnessed last night.  After the game and all the athletes were meeting at midfield to exchange hand bumps or whatever, I saw Pine Bluff's QB go over to a disheartened #2 and with arms over his shoulders and face mask to face mask for a full 30 seconds give him encouragement.  A great sign of respect, athlete to athlete.  Not only that, but groups of four and five PB athletes crowded around him and offered encouragement.  I loved that!  That was class!  My opinion is that, with these PB kids, maybe, in the future they will accomplish some things, after high school, that will get others to think positively about their city. 

At least you have the courage to come back on here and say that. Your fellow panthers are MIA! I understand your surprise at seeing that but I am not surprised at all. If you listen to what people say about PB you would get the impression that our teams from PBHS act the movie "The Longest Yard"! I dare anyone to say they've personally seen our players conduct themselves without class and sportsmanship not just this year but every year since Bolding's been here. It's simply not tolerated! Not saying they are angels but compared to other teams that come from the so called "good" schools\towns...we have a LOT to be proud of!

urban legend2

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 06, 2014, 11:43:40 am

At least you have the courage to come back on here and say that. Your fellow panthers are MIA! I understand your surprise at seeing that but I am not surprised at all. If you listen to what people say about PB you would get the impression that our teams from PBHS act the movie "The Longest Yard"! I dare anyone to say they've personally seen our players conduct themselves without class and sportsmanship not just this year but every year since Bolding's been here. It's simply not tolerated! Not saying they are angels but compared to other teams that come from the so called "good" schools\towns...we have a LOT to be proud of!

urban legend2

Z POUND 4 LIFE

I am confused becauae this can' t be football we talking bout home field advantage is just that. Theonly thing a team owes tge visitors is a safe environment not a comfortable one. The Z POUND has never . started avfight been in a fight with visiting fans or anyrhing. Death Valley is a place you don't want to go to because the fans add a real advantage. Now Benton fans started all this about our seating arrangements but they also know that aftwr beat us we said good game and told several fans to have a safe ride home but we don't go to golf courses on Friday nights and we don't pull out the red carpet for visitors. Its Z POUND FOR LIFE !!!! 2014 STATE CHAMPS DEAL WIT IT

BHS1989

December 06, 2014, 12:58:05 pm #137 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:15:23 pm by BHS1989
Benton got out coached and out played last night. The better team won! Those kids at Benton have nothing to be ashamed of because nobody in the state expected them to be in the title game. No other school in the state (probably with the exception of LR Central) has the football history Pine Bluff has, so when a school beats them it's big deal! Really didn't expect the boat race that happened, but I knew Benton would have their hands full. That's why it's always difficult to beat a team the second time around.

Kinda makes ya wonder why PB didn't run the ball more the first time they played?!?!?
Congrats PB on the victory! You guys definitely were the better team last night

riccoar

Congrats to Pine Bluff on the 6A State Championship. A friend who left after the weather delay said
PB was running triple option and Benton had no answer for it. Have no idea how through a delay and then a halftime you couldn't make adjustments. PB was just not going to be denied this time.

Oldbadger

Quote from: riccoar on December 06, 2014, 01:32:08 pm
Congrats to Pine Bluff on the 6A State Championship. A friend who left after the weather delay said
PB was running triple option and Benton had no answer for it. Have no idea how through a delay and then a halftime you couldn't make adjustments. PB was just not going to be denied this time.
Not sure I saw a triple option.  Maybe I dont know football, but it looked like a read option to me.  It was not the offense that caused problems, it was the players,especially the QB.

Lions84

Quote from: Majiqueâ„¢ on December 05, 2014, 03:45:38 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on December 05, 2014, 03:06:50 pm
Zebras bring it home this year.
Bring what home? Another runner-up award?  ;)

In all seriousness...PB was expected to get here by many folks.   Benton, not so much. I think that in of itself has the excitement level up a notch.  Ironic, last night I watched a special about an extreme underdog team not expecting to have a good season, yet alone make the playoffs, and in no way win the championship. But they did....see '83 NCS Wolfpack Basketball team.  Like many of those players and their fans...I'm a believer.

Nope they did what I said they would . State Champions.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Z POUND 4 LIFE on December 06, 2014, 12:05:08 pm
I am confused becauae this can' t be football we talking bout home field advantage is just that. Theonly thing a team owes tge visitors is a safe environment not a comfortable one. The Z POUND has never . started avfight been in a fight with visiting fans or anyrhing. Death Valley is a place you don't want to go to because the fans add a real advantage. Now Benton fans started all this about our seating arrangements but they also know that aftwr beat us we said good game and told several fans to have a safe ride home but we don't go to golf courses on Friday nights and we don't pull out the red carpet for visitors. Its Z POUND FOR LIFE !!!! 2014 STATE CHAMPS DEAL WIT IT
This post is so out of character with this string.  This kind of talk just exacerbates problems between schools and communities and gives a community a bad rep.  Try to stay positive.  PB won the game.  Be a poster who exhibits the class and behavior of the PB kids who actually participated and not one who is negative and a badmouther.  Heavens sakes, those are a dime a dozen.  I choose to believe PB is a good community and won't allow those who are negative change my opinion no matter how hard they try!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 06, 2014, 02:00:42 pm
Quote from: riccoar on December 06, 2014, 01:32:08 pm
Not sure I saw a triple option.  Maybe I dont know football, but it looked like a read option to me.  It was not the offense that caused problems, it was the players,especially the QB.

No he must be thinking about the Ol Marion Glover wishbone offense LOL! It's a read option that our QB has been running better than anyone in the state. When you have a QB that can run it and the personnel around him...it's very difficult to defend. If our QB hits the weight room hard and increase his strength and speed next year... with nearly the same personnel...LOOK OUT! :o

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Just gotta chime in here on how PB is perceived. Let me tell you, anytime we have been AT Pine Bluffs Jordan Stadium, we have been treated with nothing but kindness and respect from the fans and the faculty/staff.  Yes, some of the home fans come and sit on the visitors side, but they do it to make noise and interact. Never have I felt intimidated there. Everyone is friendly and good sports. As far as the kids on the team, we have (Eldo) personally beaten them twice in the finals, and I felt for the kids on that sideline. You could tell they were hurting.  It was time they won it.  Congrats to PB.

urban legend2

Aside from Badger and BHS1989, we've not seem anything from the other Benton faithful. Not trying to pour salt on the wound of course, but you'd think we all would've heard from them by now....in any event, congrats on a good season Benton.

zebradynasty

Quote from: urban legend2 on December 06, 2014, 10:56:38 pm
Aside from Badger and BHS1989, we've not seem anything from the other Benton faithful. Not trying to pour salt on the wound of course, but you'd think we all would've heard from them by now....in any event, congrats on a good season Benton.

Surely you didn't expect them to show up on here?

urban legend2

footballfan-tastic

Or maybe for years PB kids have been doing that same thing.

catinthehat

admorris24

Benton fan here with a son on the team.  The better team won and I stated that in another thread We were not prepared to deal with read option and PB was overwhelming, which inexplicably the did not take advantage of in the first meeting.  The boys had a great year and should be good again next year.  Will need to find a playmaker to replace Harris, but Maertens and Dyer will be back along with most of OL, so they have pieces to work with next tear

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas