• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Benton Panthers

Started by Majique™, October 16, 2014, 01:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldbadger

This game was controlled by the defense of both teams.  Neither team could get the offense going until Benton's defense blocked a field goal try and ran it in for a TD.  Benton kicks off and on the first play from scrimmage Benton's defense picked a pass and returned it for a TD. Things were happening so fast, someone correct me it I'm wrong. Benton recovers a fumble and the offense finally came to life, scoring two touchdowns on the next two possessions.  Hard hits from both teams.  A defensive struggle until about 11 minutes left in the game when Benton began their deluge of  points.  Exciting game and I was glad to get out with a win at LH.  Good job Panthers!!

admorris24

Benton scored 28 pts in a span of about 45 seconds.  Blocked fg returned for td,  fumble by LH ON 1st play of next possession.  Benton then scored on about a 50 yd run.  LH fumbled again on 1st or 2nd play if next possession.  2 plays later td Benton.  1st play if next possession pick 6. I think I got those in the right order. Game definite not as lopsided as final score indicates.  It was 3-0 with 10 minutes to play.  I think LH had 6 turnovers and 2 blocked fgs

gatecrasher

Not a typical Lake Hamilton bunch this year. They're kinda like us...too many mental errors to win against good teams.

Big game next week. See y'all in Benton.

Walter

Quote from: Majique™ on October 24, 2014, 09:47:35 pm
21 PTs in 47 secs and Benton shuts out Lake Hamilton 31-0.

Details of this would be interesting.

LH_DAD

Quote from: admorris24 on October 24, 2014, 11:52:47 pm
Benton scored 28 pts in a span of about 45 seconds.  Blocked fg returned for td,  fumble by LH ON 1st play of next possession.  Benton then scored on about a 50 yd run.  LH fumbled again on 1st or 2nd play if next possession.  2 plays later td Benton.  1st play if next possession pick 6. I think I got those in the right order. Game definite not as lopsided as final score indicates.  It was 3-0 with 10 minutes to play.  I think LH had 6 turnovers and 2 blocked fgs
Not that it really matters much, but it was 7 turnovers.   

centralarfan

LH_DAD. Have you heard any news regarding the condition of the LH that was carted off the field last night. He will definitely be in  my prayers.

Oldbadger

October 25, 2014, 03:20:27 pm #56 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 04:26:15 pm by Oldbadger
Quote from: centralarfan on October 25, 2014, 03:12:36 pm
LH_DAD. Have you heard any news regarding the condition of the LH that was carted off the field last night. He will definitely be in  my prayers.
Hey, don't know officially, but I was told that they took him to the hospital as a precaution.  He kept telling them he was Ok.  Said his neck hurt.  Someone mentioned concussion.  So, I feel good that he is okay, but, as I said, nothing official.  I too am praying he is okay.  Hard hitting game last night from both sides.  Benton QB may have sustained a concussion too.

centralarfan

How is the Benton QB doing? What is the AAA protocol on concussions. I think #2 is a better fit anywhere else on the field than QB. It takes away from his big play making ability. I understand he has played QB in the past.

Oldbadger

Quote from: centralarfan on October 25, 2014, 03:51:37 pm
How is the Benton QB doing? What is the AAA protocol on concussions. I think #2 is a better fit anywhere else on the field than QB. It takes away from his big play making ability. I understand he has played QB in the past.
I didn't see or talk to him, but I heard he was okay.  Probably kept him out as a precaution.  Yeah, #2 played QB at Lincoln and led the Wolves to 11-2 record and three games deep into the playoffs last year.  That Lincoln team beat Nashville and Malvern before losing to eventual state champ Booneville.

MondayMorningQB

I really think Benton has the talent to make a run at it all this year. Very good football team and well coached.

centralarfan

Benton faces alot of uncertainty in the next few weeks. The QB was injured so whether he pays or not next week will be interesting. LH  did an excellent job defensively until the lack of depth became a factor. I did not realize they had so much speed in their secondary. They totally took away BHS passing attack. It seemed they were prepared for the predictable play calling I warned everyone about earlier this season. Fatique and turnovers is what became the downfall for LH. I was surprised how well BHS played defensive. But LH has not been explosive offensively this season to my knowledge. They didn't have the speed or playmakers that BHS has yet to see. The score does not reflect the actual game. Big plays on defense and special teams helped pulled out an important victory. A victory is just that no matter how a team gets the W.

RD™

Quote from: MondayMorningQB on October 25, 2014, 06:22:46 pm
I really think Benton has the talent to make a run at it all this year. Very good football team and well coached.
they haven't beaten anyone

ricepig

Quote from: RDarthVader on October 25, 2014, 10:35:40 pm

While true, they also haven't lost to anyone.

admorris24

You guys keep saying Benton hasn't played anyone.  They tied and undefeated Bryant team.  Then went on the road and shutout a LH team that a week earlier beat ED at ED.  They also did this without their starting QB.  I know you are only as good as your next game and ED and PB are going to be tough, but it is time to give Benton some credit and realize that they are a pretty good team this year and a contender. 

Majique™

October 27, 2014, 10:34:25 am #64 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:37:32 am by Majique™
They've only beaten every team they've played with a tie being the only exception.   Isn't that what they're supposed to do? Playing for a #2 seed and first round bye.  Can't complain about that!  Even if Benton were to win it all some folks would say the 6A was weak this year and Benton got lucky.  I don't care, those folks can KMA.  Just gotta focus on week #9 right now!

riccoar

His Mother posted on FB that he was doing OK and should be OK to play this week versus El Dorado.  As to #2 at QB, I kept saying the same thing.  They have a great backup in Nate Beck.  #2 is much more versatile at his WR position.  He could not be stopped when they played Bryant.

Oldbadger

October 27, 2014, 11:43:57 am #66 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:46:50 am by Oldbadger
Quote from: riccoar on October 27, 2014, 10:48:41 am
His Mother posted on FB that he was doing OK and should be OK to play this week versus El Dorado.  As to #2 at QB, I kept saying the same thing.  They have a great backup in Nate Beck.  #2 is much more versatile at his WR position.  He could not be stopped when they played Bryant.
Nate is a very good QB and I am really impressed with his ability, but, it would have been doing him a disservice to put him in a game situation such as Friday night, with him being a soph. , and expect him to be at his best.  He needs a few more games under his belt before that move is made.  #2 has played QB and is a senior.  He has already been baptized under fire.  This was a defensive struggle and the first mistake any team made would decide the game.  LH made the first mistake and it cost them. I agree #2 is much more valuable in the positions he was playing and, hopefully, #10 can return.  But, no matter what, you can bet # 2 will get a lot more reps this week.  #2 was rusty, but as the game went on, you could see him regaining his old confidence as a QB.  He is a leader and a competitor and will do whatever the team requires of him to get the job done. Go Panthers!!!

ricepig

Quote from: Majique™ on October 27, 2014, 10:34:25 am
They've only beaten every team they've played with a tie being the only exception.   Isn't that what they're supposed to do? Playing for a #2 seed and first round bye.  Can't complain about that!  Even if Benton were to win it all some folks would say the 6A was weak this year and Benton got lucky.  I don't care, those folks can KMA.  Just gotta focus on week #9 right now!

Someone is a little testy, lol.

gatecrasher

El Dorado hasn't played well the last two weeks, but Benton could be in a very dangerous position Friday night.
The Wildcats have a history of playing well with their backs against the wall.
And make no mistake about it...they have the talent to make another run at the hardware.

BHS1989

Benton will only go as far as their defense carries them!! That's been the biggest difference I've seen this year from past years. I know El Dorado will test them Friday night, should be good game and looking forward to being there to watch it!

admorris24

I agree totally in defense.  No more passive defense at Benton.  I love the attacking style and I know the boys enjoy it as well.  The good thing for the Benton D is that they are relatively young.  6/7 of the 11 starters are juniors and will be back next year

riccoar

The last three games were going to be Benton's biggest test all year and in order.  LH should not have been such a struggle for them.  I would give Benton the edge on El Dorado with it being senior night and Benton playing at home.  Benton and Pine Bluff will be THE game.  I think the winner will be your 6A favorite to win the championship.

admorris24

LH scouted us well and we lost our starting QB the first series of the game.  I think if we had not lost the game would have played out a little differently that the way it did.

Majique™

October 28, 2014, 12:05:35 pm #73 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:11:00 pm by Majique™
I'm really enjoying this fresh air this season.  The kids are playing with a lot of heart, drive, and desire. The coaches are doing a great job of getting the most out of the talent and putting those players in the right situation on the field.  It keeps the soul young when it seems like each week is a "tougher" opponent.  Here is my interesting observation for this week:

El Dorado has scored fewer points than their preceding week during conference play and they've given up more points than the preceding week during conference play.

Hall                    38   0    (38)
Sheridan             35   7   (28)
Texarkana           30   13   (17)
Lake Hamilton      27   36   (-9)
Pine Bluff             19   38   (-19)

Hmmmm, nothing like the schedule getting tougher....does that translate to Benton playing El Do tougher than Pine Bluff???  Not sure but we'll see.

Majique™

Quote from: BHS1989 on October 28, 2014, 09:06:16 am
Benton will only go as far as their defense carries them!! That's been the biggest difference I've seen this year from past years. I know El Dorado will test them Friday night, should be good game and looking forward to being there to watch it!
Only one team in all of 7A/6A/5A has given up fewer overall points than Benton's 91 and that's Maumelle with 82.  Benton's 45 points given up in conference is best in that grouping thus far.  I have no doubt the next two weeks will really test the defense.

Majique™

Quote from: SardisHog on October 25, 2014, 04:00:18 am
Quote from: Majique™ on October 24, 2014, 09:47:35 pm
21 PTs in 47 secs and Benton shuts out Lake Hamilton 31-0.

Details of this would be interesting.
First Quarter
Start of the Game. Lake Hamilton kicking off to Benton.

End of the 1st Quarter. Benton 0, Lake Hamilton 0.

End of the 1st Half. Benton 0, Lake Hamilton 0.

Third Quarter - About 10 minutes to go
Benton - 35 Yd Field Goal.
Benton 3, Lake Hamilton 0.

Fourth Quarter - About 11 minutes to go
Benton - #14 Ben Brasuell with a 66 Yd Defensive TD.
Benton 10, Lake Hamilton 0.

Fourth Quarter - About 8 minutes to go
Benton - #46 Julius Lewis with a 34 Yd Rushing TD.
Benton 17, Lake Hamilton 0.

Benton - #46 Julius Lewis with a 5 Yd Rushing TD.
Benton 24, Lake Hamilton 0.

Benton - 40 Yd Defensive TD.
Benton 31, Lake Hamilton 0.

Final
Benton 31, Lake Hamilton 0.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Majique™ on October 28, 2014, 12:32:15 pm
Only one team in all of 7A/6A/5A has given up fewer overall points than Benton's 91 and that's Maumelle with 82.  Benton's 45 points given up in conference is best in that grouping thus far.  I have no doubt the next two weeks will really test the defense.

I think you are putting waaay too much on scores against awful competition! The bad teams in the 6A South aren't going to score a lot of points against anyone ??? So the margin of victory stat is nearly useless. IMO the most impressive thing Benton has done this year is tie  Bryant! Beating the brakes off of Hall, Sheridan, Jacksonville, Greenbrier...If you look at their records EVERYONE they play beats them like that! LOL!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 28, 2014, 02:47:19 pm

I think you are putting waaay too much on scores against awful competition! The bad teams in the 6A South aren't going to score a lot of points against anyone ??? So the margin of victory stat is nearly useless. IMO the most impressive thing Benton has done this year is tie  Bryant! Beating the brakes off of Hall, Sheridan, Jacksonville, Greenbrier...If you look at their records EVERYONE they play beats them like that! LOL!

If Benton beats El Do by 14, then they are a team to reckon with. Obvious, this isn't a great El Do team, but the have tradition, athletes, and a great coach, which counts for a lot. I guess the question is, why is Benton better this year, transfers, move-ins, good cycle of athletes?

Majique™

Quote from: ricepig on October 28, 2014, 02:58:06 pm

If Benton beats El Do by 14, then they are a team to reckon with. Obvious, this isn't a great El Do team, but the have tradition, athletes, and a great coach, which counts for a lot. I guess the question is, why is Benton better this year, transfers, move-ins, good cycle of athletes?
All the above.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Majique™ on October 28, 2014, 03:02:35 pm

All the above.

Also add scheduling and I've heard a lot of players putting in work over the summer with personal trainers.

Oldbadger

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 28, 2014, 03:54:49 pm

All the above.

Also add scheduling and I've heard a lot of players putting in work over the summer with personal trainers.
Explain.

Majique™

Again, for the umpteenth time, I'm not making a personal statement, just reporting facts and stats.  Unlike your erroneous claim that "If you look at their records EVERYONE they play beats them like that!".  Your statement is so wrong I don't know the best place to start but I'll start with this....Those four opponents played 28 games outside of their matchup with Benton and actually won about 33% of their games!!  Only ONCE was any of them defeated worse than what Benton beat them.  The three remaining teams averaged a nine point closer game in their 2nd worse defeat.  In the four teams' losses, not including their game vs Benton, Jacksonville's lost by an average of 18 (lost to Benton by 66); Greenbrier lost by an average of 11 (lost to Benton 20), Hall lost by an average of 29 points (lost by 39 to Benton), and Sheridan lost by an average of 25 points (lost by 36 to Benton).  So no, not EVERYONE they play beats them like that.  Again, just the facts...no speculation here.

Majique™

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 28, 2014, 04:08:41 pm

All the above.

Explain.
Mom and dad hire personal trainers to help develop their son in specific areas maybe?

zebradynasty

All the above.

Explain.

Well Benton's non-conference schedule was very weak. Even as good as Bryant is turning out to be  they can't make up for the fact that overall it was weak. Then in conference most of the weaker conference teams were early on schedule. Not knocking them for that it just fell that way.

I heard that a lot of kids put in the extra work with local personal trainers this summer. That is what I heard and there's nothing wrong with that. If they beat Eldo a case could be made that it paid off. 

Majique™

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 28, 2014, 04:19:41 pm

All the above.

Explain.

Well Benton's non-conference schedule was very weak. Even as good as Bryant is turning out to be  they can't make up for the fact that overall it was weak. Then in conference most of the weaker conference teams were early on schedule. Not knocking them for that it just fell that way.

I heard that a lot of kids put in the extra work with local personal trainers this summer. That is what I heard and there's nothing wrong with that. If WHEN they beat Eldo a case could be made that it paid off.
Fixed that for ya   ;D

zebradynasty

Quote from: Majique™ on October 28, 2014, 04:17:36 pm

Again, for the umpteenth time, I'm not making a personal statement, just reporting facts and stats.  Unlike your erroneous claim that "If you look at their records EVERYONE they play beats them like that!".  Your statement is so wrong I don't know the best place to start but I'll start with this....Those four opponents played 28 games outside of their matchup with Benton and actually won about 33% of their games!!  Only ONCE was any of them defeated worse than what Benton beat them.  The three remaining teams averaged a nine point closer game in their 2nd worse defeat.  In the four teams' losses, not including their game vs Benton, Jacksonville's lost by an average of 18 (lost to Benton by 66); Greenbrier lost by an average of 11 (lost to Benton 20), Hall lost by an average of 29 points (lost by 39 to Benton), and Sheridan lost by an average of 25 points (lost by 36 to Benton).  So no, not EVERYONE they play beats them like that.  Again, just the facts...no speculation here.

Well whatever number comes after umpteenth here is a real fact. Boasting about beating teams that EVERYONE that knows anything about Arkansas high school football know are inferior and have been for years is not going to get AAA to mail you the trophy in week 8! Again these teams you're padding statistics with lose on the regular. Beating them by 29 vs 39 ??? These teams lose most years and the rest are in lower classifications! You never hear me boasting that PB is good because we beat the L out of Chapel! They shouldn't be a gauge of how good we are because we beat them bad.

Bottom line using margin of victory as a ruler of how good a team is with a schedule this weak is very misleading.

Oldbadger

All the above.

Explain.

I heard that a lot of kids put in the extra work with local personal trainers this summer. That is what I heard and there's nothing wrong with that. If they beat Eldo a case could be made that it paid off. 
Well, the non-conference schedule is only three games long, and I would hesitate to say that Bryant or Greenbrier were pushovers.  The rest of the schedule is set by the AAA and therefore out of the control of Benton.  So, that, in my opinion is a non-starter.  Whether any athlete worked out with a personal trainer or not is relevant only in the respect that it made that athlete better personally and consequently DID help the team.  But most importantly were the willingness of individual athletes to attend 7 on 7 and team camps of which there were many this summer.  On top of that was the willingness of the athletes to individually work with weights to become bigger, stronger and faster.  But, most importantly, was the dramatic change in attitudes as a result of a push by the coaches to encompass a "family type atmosphere" where each player has "the others back" and support each other through adversity.  A prime example of this occurred last Friday night when a player was injured and caused a wholesale change in the game plan.  The offense was experiencing difficulty scoring, so, the defense took over.  They had the offense's back.  We all know what happened. 

ricepig

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 28, 2014, 04:39:21 pm

All the above.

Explain.

Well, the non-conference schedule is only three games long, and I would hesitate to say that Bryant or Greenbrier were pushovers.  The rest of the schedule is set by the AAA and therefore out of the control of Benton.  So, that, in my opinion is a non-starter.  Whether any athlete worked out with a personal trainer or not is relevant only in the respect that it made that athlete better personally and consequently DID help the team.  But most importantly were the willingness of individual athletes to attend 7 on 7 and team camps of which there were many this summer.  On top of that was the willingness of the athletes to individually work with weights to become bigger, stronger and faster.  But, most importantly, was the dramatic change in attitudes as a result of a push by the coaches to encompass a "family type atmosphere" where each player has "the others back" and support each other through adversity.  A prime example of this occurred last Friday night when a player was injured and caused a wholesale change in the game plan.  The offense was experiencing difficulty scoring, so, the defense took over.  They had the offense's back.  We all know what happened.

Well, Bryant's signature win is over Greenwood?? while Greenbrier has only beaten one 5A team with a winning record, I believe. As most have said, time will tell.

Oldbadger

Quote from: ricepig on October 28, 2014, 04:51:13 pm

All the above.

Explain.

Well, Bryant's signature win is over Greenwood?? while Greenbrier has only beaten one 5A team with a winning record, I believe. As most have said, time will tell.
True, as with most games.

zebradynasty

All the above.

Explain.

Most of that is a repeat of what I was saying. Except I never implied Bryant was a pushover in fact I said that Benton's tie with Bryant was their most impressive game this year. Greenbrier and Jacksonsville....all I can say is that a 6A team thinking of being champion better darn well beat teams like that handily. I understand the conference games being the order that there are but you can't honestly say that it was not front loaded with weak teams. Again,  I don't blame Benton it is what it is! 

Oldbadger

Well, Zebra, when Benton gets by Eldo it will set up an awesome matchup with Pine Bluff.  IMO PB is one of the best teams in the state and it will be an honor to play them.  Look forward to coming there and witnessing that.

admorris24

I can speak to the trainer aspect as I have one of those boys.  Benton is currently in a cycle  of good  athletes.  Most of the boys(about 30) or so have been going to a local trainer for going on 3 years now 3 times a week in addition to regular school workouts and practices and now the benifits  are being realized.

gatecrasher

Here's how this is gonna turn out...If El Dorado stops shooting themselves in the foot, they're gonna win Friday night.

If not, Benton rolls.

It's gonna come down to turnovers and special teams, and those have killed us the last two weeks.

Folks seem to forget, El Dorado is still your defending state champs until someone knocks us out.

Tradition and arguably the best coach in the state is still on our side.

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 28, 2014, 07:42:29 pm
Here's how this is gonna turn out...If El Dorado stops shooting themselves in the foot, they're gonna win Friday night.

If not, Benton rolls.

It's gonna come down to turnovers and special teams, and those have killed us the last two weeks.

Folks seem to forget, El Dorado is still your defending state champs until someone knocks us out.

Tradition and arguably the best coach in the state is still on our side.
That is such BS to insinuate the only way Benton wins is if El Do lets them.  Typical back door escape...line up those excuses before the game  And just for the record...I fell over laughing at your your ridiculous claim that Reed is arguably the best coach in the state.  Not even close!!! I'm sure he'll laugh at that claim when I mention it to him tomorrow.   

gatecrasher

Five title game appearances, four titles since 2008 says otherwise. Not even close?
You're nuts.

And I don't make excuses. Obviously you don't know me. If Benton wins I will give their due.
heck I'll give them their due now. No doubt they're a good team. But we're about to find out if they're got what it takes to make that run to WMS.

zebradynasty

Quote from: admorris24 on October 28, 2014, 07:30:53 pm
I can speak to the trainer aspect as I have one of those boys.  Benton is currently in a cycle  of good  athletes.  Most of the boys(about 30) or so have been going to a local trainer for going on 3 years now 3 times a week in addition to regular school workouts and practices and now the benifits  are being realized.

Wow 30 kids doing extra work! That's impressive!

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 28, 2014, 10:23:49 pm
Five title game appearances, four titles since 2008 says otherwise. Not even close?
Nope. Although his bloodlines spew football and he's leveraged what he learned in his time with Hatfield, Holtz, et al, his name doesn't come up when discussing the best Arkansas HS football coaches. True, he's had some success in the college ranks and in high school football but he's just not "there" yet. And even though he has a winning mark below .700 I've considered him a good coach, very good in some aspects but definitely not "the best coach in the state". IMO he'll never achieve the status associated with top echelon coaches in the ilk of Cox, Parker, McClellan, Vines, J Williams, The General, Barden, Malham, Watson, Alpe, etc because I don't think he'll be a high school coach for the next 15 years or so it would take to enter that group. There has to be a Reed blip showing up on some college radars. And that's a move he should make IMO.

Majique™

October 29, 2014, 09:26:57 am #97 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:41:28 am by Majique™
I can understand the pressure El Do supporters are feeling and I can see why El Do may be motivated by the "playing with their backs against the wall" mindset.  The Wildcats need a lot of things to fall their way to avoid a 4th place conference finish.  Beating a tough Benton team at Benton is by far the most critical aspect of all those pieces.

An El Do win over Benton and Parkview will put them at 5-2.
Lake Hamilton should defeat Parkview and Hall making them 5-2.
Benton losses to El Do and Pine Bluff would make them 5-2.   

That sets up the ever popular three-way tie breaker system of tabulating winning margin up to 13 points per win.  So, given the above senario and depending on how those victory margins evolve over the next two weeks the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th playoff seeding is up for grabs.  BUT here is the underlying reality of why El Do has their backs against the wall - a loss at Benton Friday will pretty much assure them of a 4th place finish. Because, IF Benton wins Friday and loses to Pine Bluff they'll be 6-1, and El Do wins against Parkview El Do will be 4-3, and LH executes their senario above they'll be 5-2.

Resulting in
1- Pine Bluff
2- Benton
3- Lake Hamilton
4- El Dorado

In the unlikely event that Benton loses to El Do and defeats Pine Bluff, Benton would hold the tie-breaker over Pine Bluff and finish 1st in conference. And let's say El Do and LH win out in conjunction with the above Benton/Pine Bluff senario, El Do would still finish in 4th because they would share a 5-2 record with LH and the tie-breaker would go to the Wolves for having defeated El Do.

Some say week 10 is huge, I argue week 9 may well be the week that does the most regarding conference placement.

ricepig

Quote from: Majique™ on October 29, 2014, 08:22:41 am
Quote from: gatecrasher on October 28, 2014, 10:23:49 pm
Nope. Although his bloodlines spew football and he's leveraged what he learned in his time with Hatfield, Holtz, et al, his name doesn't come up when discussing the best Arkansas HS football coaches. True, he's had some success in the college ranks and in high school football but he's just not "there" yet. And even though he has a winning mark below .700 I've considered him a good coach, very good in some aspects but definitely not "the best coach in the state". IMO he'll never achieve the status associated with top echelon coaches in the ilk of Cox, Parker, McClellan, Vines, J Williams, The General, Barden, Malham, Watson, Alpe, etc because I don't think he'll be a high school coach for the next 15 years or so it would take to enter that group. There has to be a Reed blip showing up on some college radars. And that's a move he should make IMO.

Depends in which circle of people you are talking with. I made my comment on the current active coaches and what they are doing currently, not what happened in the last 30+ years. I'm far from being a supporter of El Dorado, but what Reed has done since 2008 is amongst the best in state. Outside of Lunney Sr., who has done as well?

gatecrasher

Meh....if we don't win this thing this year, it's only delaying the inevitability of more titles.
So, it may be wise for someone other than El Dorado to win it this year.

I for one won't lose a second of sleep if we fall short. The talent coming up is just sick.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas