• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fantasy Supergroup

Started by jpetty01, August 04, 2014, 02:01:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jpetty01

Choose atleast 5 members from any band and put them together into your own supergroup.
(Try not to use more than one person from each band) and include a name for your band and what kind of music they would do (create a genre if you like).

The Future

That's a tough one

Singers: Freddie Mercury, Paul Stanley, Kurt Cobain, or Kevin from Disciple
Female Singers: Lzzy Hale from Halestorm
Guitarists: jimmy Page, Brian May, or Jimmi Hendrix
Bass: hands down Gene Simmons!
Drums: Arejay Hale from Halestorm, Dave Grohl, or me!! Haha

DogsWin7

Jimi Hendrix, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, Syd Barrett, and Kim Carnes.   

Rock

Legendary

DogsWin7

Quote from: jpetty01 on August 04, 2014, 02:01:11 pm
Choose atleast 5 members from any band and put them together into your own supergroup.
(Try not to use more than one person from each band) and include a name for your band and what kind of music they would do (create a genre if you like).

Who would you pick??   And Welcome to FF! :)

jpetty01

Vocals: Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria
Bass: Flea from RHCP
Lead Guitar: Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin
Rhythm Guitar: Collin Frangicetto from Circa Survive
Drums: Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater

Genre: Funk Metal
Name: At Peace

Hoghead

September 09, 2014, 01:40:18 am #5 Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:08:35 pm by Hoghead
Bass: Bootsey Collins
Lead Guitar: Ernie Isley
Drums: Jack Cannon
Keyboards: Harry Casey
Tambourine: Uncle Ivan
Horns: Maceo Parker, Fred Wesley and James McDonald
Lead Vocal Luther Vandross & Phillip Baily
Female Lead: Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle & Betty Wright
Hype man: Bobby Byrd

Shut down the show

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on September 09, 2014, 01:40:18 am

Female Lead: Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle & Betty Wright

Shut down the show

Shut down eardrums too.

jpetty01

Had to change mine up

Vocals: Lou Gramm
Lead Guitar: Jimmy Page
Rhythm Guitar: Tom Scholz
Bass: Steve Harris
Drums: Neil Peart
Keyboard: Jordan Rudess

Rock

DogsWin7

Why?    Different Mood or took to different musicians?

I don't know anymore, do you ever find yourself listening to the radio and hoping to hear a new singer song writer?    I'm talking about someone with the most unique voice and able to capture and reach your heart even lyrically?   

nastynice

October 26, 2014, 10:15:22 pm #9 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:42:04 pm by nastynice
                                                      Vocals......Chris Cornell

Rhythm....Zacky Vengeance

Lead........Eric Clapton

Bass........Cliff Burton

Drums.....Dave Grohl

Alternative Metal

OBVIOUS

DogsWin7

Is your group name going to be called nastynice? :)

nastynice

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 26, 2014, 10:22:38 pm
Is your group name going to be called nastynice? :)
Lol. Nope. Obvious.

DogsWin7

The Future

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 26, 2014, 08:12:52 pm

I don't know anymore, do you ever find yourself listening to the radio and hoping to hear a new singer song writer?    I'm talking about someone with the most unique voice and able to capture and reach your heart even lyrically?   

I think he's thinking along the lines I was when I picked mine. You've got so much great music and musicians out there and some of them are so different in styles and sound that its almost impossible to have just one 'fantasy supergroup'. Take Gordon Lightfoot. Great singer with great songs and such a moving sound. But no way would I put him as a singer in a band with a hard rock or metal sound. He would fit well with a Bob Seger sounding band. Or just put him with Bob Seger himself haha.

Ya gotta blend the music together. If done right, magic is made.

I too have found myself listening to the radio every so often just to hear something new. Not necessarily new as in just came out. Just new as in I haven't heard the song before.

As far as looking for a new sound nowdays, its sorta tough lol. The music industry has went downhill. I'm not talking about rap and hiphop and dubstep and "country" music persay. I'm talking about the way its done and how its done. Theres no emotion. No will. No love for what youre doing.
It use to be if you wanted to be in a band, you worked your tail off practicing your instrument or practicing getting your voice to sound great. You put in hours a day every day to get better. You spent years playing in front of 20 people until that one day you finally meet a record producer and start building from there. You constantly were coming up with new songs, new riffs, and new beats. You put your all into your music. You keep doing that and thats how you last 40+ years like KISS who I think is the best band there is. Second to maybe the Beatles.
Now, its nothing like that. You learn to sing in the choir at school or are taught how to sing. Then you go audition for the Voice or American Idol or one of those shows. Then you wow a handful of judges and America. Then America votes and you become a superstar. Not a musician. Not an artist. A superstar. Whats that??
Looks have all to do with it as well. Companys and producers bring in hot looking guys and girls and write their music for them. Then they autotune like crazy and put out the songs. 13 and 14 year olds fall in love with these new "superstars" and go crazy. Then after a few years when the 13 and 14 year olds grow up and realize that "superstar" has no talent and isn't all that great, the companies and producers go out and find another "superstar" for the new 13 and 14 year olds coming up. I'm pretty sure its safe to say we will no longer have musicians or artists that last 20+ or even 10+ years. No one will be able to stand the test of time because all the new "superstars" don't put their all into their music. Just their looks for a few years.

Ah getting off my box now haha. Didn't mean to change the original topic lol.

Diehard, If you want to hear guys with unique voices and songs that make you think and get you emotionally, youre better off stickin with songs from earlier than 2000 lol. There's no more Freddies, Lennons, or Cobains. At least not yet.

I'll tell you who I think has a great voice and was wildly underrated. Sammy Hagar. That guy put out some great songs and had a monster voice that you don't really hear a lot about.

DogsWin7

Quote from: The Future on October 27, 2014, 10:45:52 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 26, 2014, 08:12:52 pm

I think he's thinking along the lines I was when I picked mine. You've got so much great music and musicians out there and some of them are so different in styles and sound that its almost impossible to have just one 'fantasy supergroup'. Take Gordon Lightfoot. Great singer with great songs and such a moving sound. But no way would I put him as a singer in a band with a hard rock or metal sound. He would fit well with a Bob Seger sounding band. Or just put him with Bob Seger himself haha.

Ya gotta blend the music together. If done right, magic is made.

I too have found myself listening to the radio every so often just to hear something new. Not necessarily new as in just came out. Just new as in I haven't heard the song before.

As far as looking for a new sound nowdays, its sorta tough lol. The music industry has went downhill. I'm not talking about rap and hiphop and dubstep and "country" music persay. I'm talking about the way its done and how its done. Theres no emotion. No will. No love for what youre doing.
It use to be if you wanted to be in a band, you worked your tail off practicing your instrument or practicing getting your voice to sound great. You put in hours a day every day to get better. You spent years playing in front of 20 people until that one day you finally meet a record producer and start building from there. You constantly were coming up with new songs, new riffs, and new beats. You put your all into your music. You keep doing that and thats how you last 40+ years like KISS who I think is the best band there is. Second to maybe the Beatles.
Now, its nothing like that. You learn to sing in the choir at school or are taught how to sing. Then you go audition for the Voice or American Idol or one of those shows. Then you wow a handful of judges and America. Then America votes and you become a superstar. Not a musician. Not an artist. A superstar. Whats that??
Looks have all to do with it as well. Companys and producers bring in hot looking guys and girls and write their music for them. Then they autotune like crazy and put out the songs. 13 and 14 year olds fall in love with these new "superstars" and go crazy. Then after a few years when the 13 and 14 year olds grow up and realize that "superstar" has no talent and isn't all that great, the companies and producers go out and find another "superstar" for the new 13 and 14 year olds coming up. I'm pretty sure its safe to say we will no longer have musicians or artists that last 20+ or even 10+ years. No one will be able to stand the test of time because all the new "superstars" don't put their all into their music. Just their looks for a few years.

Ah getting off my box now haha. Didn't mean to change the original topic lol.

Diehard, If you want to hear guys with unique voices and songs that make you think and get you emotionally, youre better off stickin with songs from earlier than 2000 lol. There's no more Freddies, Lennons, or Cobains. At least not yet.

I'll tell you who I think has a great voice and was wildly underrated. Sammy Hagar. That guy put out some great songs and had a monster voice that you don't really hear a lot about.
Excellent post.....I couldn't possibly agree more.   I find that yearning to hear a certain song that will just grab you so deeply and sadly, it just isn't there.   I love listening to the music before 2000.  They are what you said...unique, with unforgettable talent.  :)

jpetty01

Just felt like making a another group. There are just too many great musicians to choose from.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Singer - Jim Morrison (Doors)
Lead Guitar - Jimmy Page  (Zep)
Keys - Jon Lord  (Deep Purple)
Bass - Flea  (RHCP)
Drums - Neil Peart  ( Rush)

Genre - Anything they want...lol...this lineup could pull off dang near anything...
Name - The "Purple & Red Door on a Zeppelin in a Rush"

hitemgogetem

Vocals - Geoff Tate (Queesryche)
Lead Guitar - Joe Satriani
Bass - John Entwistle (The Who)
Keyboards - Jon Lord (Deep Purple)
Drums - Neil Peart (Rush)

Genre - Rock
Band Name - "Sensory Overload"

The Future

Love the name, Venny. I'd pay some heavy dollar to see that band in concert.

I wonder. What if we put together a Fearless Friday Supergroup?? Anyone here play any instruments?? Maybe practice and open up for the 7A title game this year  8)

sixthman

Drums - Lars Ulrick, Metallica
Bass   - Scott Ian, Anthrax
Lead  - Slash, G&R
Vocals - Vince Neal, Motley Crue
Keyboard? We doan' need no stinking keyboard!

Genre - Metal (Naturally)
Band Name - The Bleeding Eyes

sixthman

February 09, 2015, 09:24:55 pm #20 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 09:36:14 pm by sixthman
Wait,  :D I thought of a better one. The perfect superband!

Drums - Lars Ulrick
Bass - Michael Trejo
Lead - Kirk Hammet
Rythym and vocals - James Hetfield

Genre - Metal
Name - Metallica (aka greatest band of all time)

Chief_Osceola™

Some very good, and worty selections made so far.  I am kind of disappointed there is no mention of Jeff Porcaro on drums (RIP).  Obviously, Bonham and Peart are in everybody's top 2, but I don't know if I've ever heard a more consistently technically flawless drummer than Porcaro.  Don't believe me - try playing the Rosanna shuffle.  The guy was a genius, and was a true artist.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas