• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A 2013 State Championship: Pine Bluff vs. El Dorado

Started by Brian G, November 29, 2013, 09:50:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fnu lnu

Quote from: ELDOWILDCAT88 on November 29, 2013, 10:44:06 pm
So proud of the cats . One heck of a job by Coach Reed! My son is a 10th grader on this team . I'm so happy as a dad that  he gets to play for a state championship .something I never got to do! I told him cherish every moment  cause it might not every happen again!

Eldo, I recall a post you wrote last year about your son catching his first touchdown pass and how proud you were of him then.  That is one of the posts that has stood out in my mind as one of the best posts ever on FF.  I hope he has had a great experience this year.  These are great memories being made.  You obviously are one of the wise dads to understand to cherish the moments now.   

the_kosher_pig

El Dorado is very well coached and very talented as always. 

ELDOWILDCAT88

fnu lnu:

--- Quote from: ELDOWILDCAT88 on November 29, 2013, 10:44:06 pm ---So proud of the cats . One heck of a job by Coach Reed! My son is a 10th grader on this team . I'm so happy as a dad that  he gets to play for a state championship .something I never got to do! I told him cherish every moment  cause it might not every happen again!

--- End quote ---

Eldo, I recall a post you wrote last year about your son catching his first touchdown pass and how proud you were of him then.  That is one of the posts that has stood out in my mind as one of the best posts ever on FF.  I hope he has had a great experience this year.  These are great memories being made.  You obviously are one of the wise dads to understand to cherish the moments now.   

Thanks for those kind words! I really appreciate that!

zebradynasty

Well we wont need to exchange game film with Eldo that's for sure! Game comes down to this IF PB plays like it's played last Friday they win. If we make a lot of mistakes we'll be in for fight. PB will control the line of scrimmage I do not believe Eldo will stop us from running the ball. If we tackle good and seal the backside from cutbacks I do not see Eldo being able to run the ball effectively (held GW less than 100 and Eldo to less than a 100 the first meeting) Eldo's QB can throw but he is young the pressure we put on with our front four has been impressive. Eldo will roll him out away from them and we must cover the strong side. I think we can rattle him IF we get to him. Our defense looked much quicker against GW seems like the light is on and they are reacting instead of thinking. I hope we can limit our mistakes and just play if so I think our talent will take over and we will win.

the_kosher_pig

If they just drop down to 5 turnovers they can still win. lol

xtremewildcat

For what it's worth. I'm just like a fat geek at a sorority party.
I just hope the ball bounces our way and we can pull it out.

the_kosher_pig

Should be competitive.  Both teams have bad blood toward each other.

Lions84

Pulling for Pine Bluff it is past time for another Cotton Belt Sweep!

tennesseehogwild

[quote author=ELDOWILDCAT88 link=topic=133393.msg2902843#msg2902843 date=1385786646]
So proud of the cats . One heck of a job by Coach Reed! My son is a 10th grader on this team . I'm so happy as a dad that  he gets to play for a state championship .something I never got to do! I told him cherish every moment  cause it might not every happen again!
[/quote]

Yes he will cherish it. I was fortunate to play for the Wildcats '82 State Champs in hoops. A memory that will last me forever.....BTW being here in Tenn. will there be a live broadcast online for this game? Any info will be appreciated.

Earl is my Hero!!

I believe all the games were available of Fearless Friday last year. Haven't heard about this year...

gatecrasher

El Do turned it over 5x the last meeting as well, so it goes both ways.

Digressing, what does the AAA do if the weather turns icy like they're predicting? Has that ever happened before?

Dad of Future Dog

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 02, 2013, 07:30:01 pm
El Do turned it over 5x the last meeting as well, so it goes both ways.

Digressing, what does the AAA do if the weather turns icy like they're predicting? Has that ever happened before?

Gate,

I was wondering the same thing.  I think that the 7A plays Friday night.  According to AAA guidelines, if school is cancelled due to inclement weather, extra curricular activities are also cancelled.

According to the last weather it is gonna be nasty!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to both teams and more than anything be safe!!!!!

gatecrasher

Wonder how they would reschedule with the lower classes' title games scheduled for next weekend. Games on Sunday?

6A game is Sat night so there ain't school to cancel in that case.

WCN

From a WC wildcat good luck Pine Bluff. Hoping you guys can bring a Title back to Jefferson county!  I root for y'all every game each year but one!  El Dorado ended my sophomore and junior season, so I have much respect for the program they have built.  May the teams both play their best games so there is no talk of turnovers after!  Hurts to say it but,  Go Zebras!

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

WCN I have much respect for you guys. Always hated to see us having to meet you guys in the playoffs. We always had problems stopping you guys

WCN

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on December 02, 2013, 11:27:11 pm
WCN I have much respect for you guys. Always hated to see us having to meet you guys in the playoffs. We always had problems stopping you guys

There were certainly some battles.  The semifinal game where we intentionally took a safety probably sticks out the most.  I think if we made it past y'all that game we win the championship.  We put CJ Branch in at fullback and moved Kyle Coleman to Quarterback to try and catch your defense off guard. It almost paid off. I must say having played in 6a my sophomore and junior year, and 5a my senior year. The best teams in 6a were much better than the teams in 5a at the time. Example, both us and y'all killed Camden Fairview, but I believe Camden made it to the championship game that year. So having played in both classifications, I always felt that the top of 6a was better.

Lions84

Absolut

WCN if you don't know I'm Watson Chapel through and through. I bleed black and gold. I enjoyed watching the 08-10 teams and I thought the semifinal game against El Dorado was the defacto championship game. Once a Wildcat always a Wildcat and we're a family, BUT please don't get on here and say you root for the stripes. If the fillies were playing against afghanistan I'd have to root for Afghanistan. Black & Gold.

zebradynasty

December 03, 2013, 05:55:38 pm #68 Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:57:32 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: Absolut on December 03, 2013, 05:14:09 pm
WCN if you don't know I'm Watson Chapel through and through. I bleed black and gold. I enjoyed watching the 08-10 teams and I thought the semifinal game against El Dorado was the defacto championship game. Once a Wildcat always a Wildcat and we're a family, BUT please don't get on here and say you root for the stripes. If the fillies were playing against afghanistan I'd have to root for Afghanistan. Black & Gold.

Have you no shame!  :o The game you pathetically cling to as some type of state championship game seems to be the apex of WC football! Since then you been in a death spiral that is quite frankly embarrassing.  2009, the year your warped mind believes  you played for the state championship, you won 10 games, 2010-9 games, 2011-7 games, 2012-6 games 2013-5 games. You can't finish the remodeling of your stadium and you're in the mist of a 4 game losing streak to PB and a 3 game losing streak to Whitehall. For at least the second year in the row you've been the worst team in the county! Now you have the gall to get on a thread about the PINE BLUFF ZEBRAS and pollute it with the mediocrity that is Watson Chapel football!

Real talk...all sincerity.. instead of taking pot shots at the Z's you need to be organizing a "Come to Jesus Meeting" with everyone that loves that pathetic football program of yours and address WHY despite having a solid talent base you consistently finish butt naked last in the county in wins! The only reason you're on the 6A board is because you've talked so much crap on the 5A board, NONE of which you backed up, that you're ashamed to post there! Newsflash....6A knows you're nothing also!  8)

Now keep posting and I'll tell how I really feel about Chapel! >:(

gatecrasher

WCN

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 03, 2013, 05:55:38 pm

Have you no shame!  :o The game you pathetically cling to as some type of state championship game seems to be the apex of WC football! Since then you been in a death spiral that is quite frankly embarrassing.  2009, the year your warped mind believes  you played for the state championship, you won 10 games, 2010-9 games, 2011-7 games, 2012-6 games 2013-5 games. You can't finish the remodeling of your stadium and you're in the mist of a 4 game losing streak to PB and a 3 game losing streak to Whitehall. For at least the second year in the row you've been the worst team in the county! Now you have the gall to get on a thread about the PINE BLUFF ZEBRAS and pollute it with the mediocrity that is Watson Chapel football!

Real talk...all sincerity.. instead of taking pot shots at the Z's you need to be organizing a "Come to Jesus Meeting" with everyone that loves that pathetic football program of yours and address WHY despite having a solid talent base you consistently finish butt naked last in the county in wins! The only reason you're on the 6A board is because you've talked so much crap on the 5A board, NONE of which you backed up, that you're ashamed to post there! Newsflash....6A knows you're nothing also!  8)

Offensive line play.  Generally don't have the big boys to do what our athletes should be able to do.  Also, why not root for something good to come back to Jefferson County? I am sure more than a handful of Zebras would root for us if the situation were reversed.  If I am correct it seems I remember ZD saying he wanted us to win a game earlier this year, granted I believe he also said anytime he pulls for us we let him down.

zebradynasty

Quote from: WCN on December 03, 2013, 06:49:05 pm

Offensive line play.  Generally don't have the big boys to do what our athletes should be able to do.  Also, why not root for something good to come back to Jefferson County? I am sure more than a handful of Zebras would root for us if the situation were reversed.  If I am correct it seems I remember ZD saying he wanted us to win a game earlier this year, granted I believe he also said anytime he pulls for us we let him down.

True! I even pick Chapel to beat PA on Pick ems but....I really thought they would beat them.

Wonderdog

Quote from: WCN on December 03, 2013, 06:49:05 pm

i agree. i always root for Jefferson County come playoff time. sometimes during the season as well. and the White Hall/Watson Chapel rivalry makes it difficult to root for the wildcats sometimes lol. i really hoped you guys would pull the upset over PA especially after i seen the score at halftime.

WCN

We had a shot at beating them. Just lost momentum early in the second half and didn't respond. They recovered the onside kick and scored in I think 11 seconds.  The first play from scrimmage I am pretty certain about that.

urban legend2

;D...match point.

Brian G

Absolut

Well first of all I don't think we played in a state championship anything. When WC played El Dorado I thought we were the two best teams in 6A. And I support that argument because we had already whipped jail stripes earlier that season.

Second our program is not in a death spiral as you wish to believe. Have we had problems the season before last? Yes. I felt like this year we played much better football especially on defense. Offense was our problem and we had two talented offensive lineman transfer right before the scrimmage game. If we had those two players we would have been much better up front, but that situation was out of our control.

So our program is not pathetic. Actually we just had a 10-0 junior high team that not only has talent, but size up front that we desperately need to run an extreme offense (which I don't like), but we should have the size to pound the ball. With the talent returning and a Quarterback with the skill set we are accostumed to having plus a hardcore defense that only had 4 seniors on it returning I believe we will make a deeper playoff run.

zebrafan

zebradynasty

December 04, 2013, 11:44:54 pm #78 Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:55:22 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: Absolut on December 04, 2013, 09:30:56 pm
Well first of all I don't think we played in a state championship anything. When WC played El Dorado I thought we were the two best teams in 6A. And I support that argument because we had already whipped jail stripes earlier that season.

Second our program is not in a death spiral as you wish to believe. Have we had problems the season before last? Yes. I felt like this year we played much better football especially on defense. Offense was our problem and we had two talented offensive lineman transfer right before the scrimmage game. If we had those two players we would have been much better up front, but that situation was out of our control.

So our program is not pathetic. Actually we just had a 10-0 junior high team that not only has talent, but size up front that we desperately need to run an extreme offense (which I don't like), but we should have the size to pound the ball. With the talent returning and a Quarterback with the skill set we are accostumed to having plus a hardcore defense that only had 4 seniors on it returning I believe we will make a deeper playoff run.

Wow! Gone pass denial and hello delusional!

Look if over a five year period you play you win LESS each year....that is a death spiral. Two players leave and you have losing season...death spiral. Continuously depending on the Junior High teams to win games for the Senior High...death spiral. Not enough community support to fund desperately needed improvements to the football program...death spiral. Lost 4 playoff games in row....death spiral. Losing to cross town rivals regularly...HAVE YOU CAUGHT ON TO THIS PATTERN YET?

One last thing if I hear one more time about how a 10-0 Junior High team from WC is gonna turn things around for the Senior High....I swear I'll jam a flat head screw driver into each one of my ears so I don't have listen to it again!  >:( ::)

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 04, 2013, 11:44:54 pm
Quote from: Absolut on December 04, 2013, 09:30:56 pm

Wow! Gone pass denial and hello delusional!

Look if over a five year period you play you win LESS each year....that is a death spiral. Two players leave and you have losing season...death spiral. Continuously depending on the Junior High teams to win games for the Senior High...death spiral. Not enough community support to fund desperately needed improvements to the football program...death spiral. Losing to cross town rivals regularly...HAVE YOU CAUGHT ON TO THIS PATTERN YET?

One last thing if I hear one more time about how a 10-0 Junior High team from WC is gonna turn things around for the Senior High....I swear I'll jam a flat head screw driver into each one my ears so I don't have listen to it again!  >:( ::)
Spot on!

Absolut

Well I see comprehension is not your strong point. If you remember correctly we didn't have a week 1 game this season so we didn't have an opportunity to win another ballgame. Who said two players leaving destroyed the season? They were a key part of our team no doubt, but that wasn't the only reason we went .500. You love to down play our junior high team, but weren't you ranting and raving about jack robey's junior high team last season? So now junior high talent moving up doesn't matter? What a hypocrite  ::) Lastly what are the desperate improvements to the football program??? Since you know so much about WC? Would we like to have a bigger visitor side? Yes. Is it some desperate life or death matter? Heck No. I would love for some new bells and whistles to be added to the stadium, but we have taken great care of our stadium and it's by no means horrible.

You must be a little extra salty seeing as Watson Chapel beat the Fillies Tuesday night in basketball? If our program is in bad shape how come Watson Chapel is on top in this city in basketball? I mean according to you WC should just merge with another school district. So how come we've whipped yall's butts in basketball and baseball over the recent years? Explain. I'm waiting.

Absolut

You can spew as much hot garbage as you want about WC, but I'll guarantee you this. Yes, we got beat by Pulaski Academy and Camden Fairview, but I'll tell you I was at those games and if you consider those two programs among the top in the state then we're not far behind. I don't care how much of your hot breath you blow because if those teams we're head and shoulders better than WC then I would flat out admit it. But I tell you one darn thing Pulaski Academy is not that much better than us. We whipped them up and down the field and had a letdown in the 2nd half. I guarandamtee we'll come back stronger, we just need a little better O-line play. Just watch.

urban legend2

Quote from: Absolut on December 05, 2013, 01:49:51 am
Well I see comprehension is not your strong point. If you remember correctly we didn't have a week 1 game this season so we didn't have an opportunity to win another ballgame. Who said two players leaving destroyed the season? They were a key part of our team no doubt, but that wasn't the only reason we went .500. You love to down play our junior high team, but weren't you ranting and raving about jack robey's junior high team last season? So now junior high talent moving up doesn't matter? What a hypocrite  ::) Lastly what are the desperate improvements to the football program??? Since you know so much about WC? Would we like to have a bigger visitor side? Yes. Is it some desperate life or death matter? Heck No. I would love for some new bells and whistles to be added to the stadium, but we have taken great care of our stadium and it's by no means horrible.

You must be a little extra salty seeing as Watson Chapel beat the Fillies Tuesday night in basketball? If our program is in bad shape how come Watson Chapel is on top in this city in basketball? I mean according to you WC should just merge with another school district. So how come we've whipped yall's butts in basketball and baseball over the recent years? Explain. I'm waiting.
Just to clarify Absolut, the Fillies beat Chapel by 19 or 20 Tuesday night. Chapel's boys did beat PB by one on a basket with about 10 seconds left without 2 starters and a regular who are still in football so they've split the last two meetings (PB won last year at home).

zebradynasty

Look this thread is about PB vs Eldorado for the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I realize that the concept of winning football championships for Chapel fans is about as hard for ya'll to understand as Einstein Theory....BUT this is not about Watson Chapel, it's basketball team, baseball team, or some game you almost won 5 years ago, or all the undefeated Junior High teams you and the WC fans keep promising year after year is going to put you on top, not about despite have access to considerable talent WC is not even a top 10 team in 5A, or WC losing 4 playoff games in a row, or WC losing being 0-7 against cross town rivals in recent years.

If you want to start a thread on the 5A board about WC football... go for it I'll be there! In the mean time try to gain some composure because what I'll be telling about WC is felt all across the state!

xtremewildcat

Yea, this is not the place for big brother putting little brother in his place.

Big brother needs to be worried about getting choked out next week. I know yall are breathing easier with the delay.

7AFBFAN

Who is WC?

Congrats to El Do and PB on a fine season, should be a good game.

zebradynasty

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 05, 2013, 09:10:33 am
Yea, this is not the place for big brother putting little brother in his place.

Big brother needs to be worried about getting choked out next week. I know yall are breathing easier with the delay.

Little brother...more like the outside kid we had with some girl while in a drunken stupor! He may be our brother...but he don't look or act like us!

I dunno about the break maybe it will help us calm down and refocus after the emotional high of last Friday. Or maybe we had momentum and the break will cause us to lose it. I hope it's the first one this team is pretty good at focusing despite their youth.

zebrafan

1. That jack robey team is the core group who helped beat you (WC) and lead us to the state title game. Meanwhile y'all's LOADED jr high classes have done what????
2. You beat our JV basketball team by 1 point, OUR JV SQUAD BY 1 POINT!!!! Congrats!!!!
3. If your program is going in the right direction why are you 0-7 against PB and WH, why are your wins dropping off yearly?

Coach Venny Slocombe

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 05, 2013, 12:39:39 pm
Pine Bluff by 10... ;)

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh heck, I feel good now.
This yahoo has been wrong about everything he had predicted this year.
I'm calling Vegas!!!

nine4me04u

December 05, 2013, 06:15:43 pm #90 Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 06:20:29 pm by nine4me04u
Who is GW playing next weekend?
In Basketball of course. I had to ask the question. ;D

nine4me04u

December 05, 2013, 06:24:44 pm #91 Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 09:24:13 pm by nine4me04u
Quote from: HouseOf3Dogs on November 30, 2013, 08:48:56 am
Every team gets better as the season progresses so I don't think an early season loss will be a factor unless Eldo is already counting those points as well. PB may be young but they have size and speed that can cause upsets. I think it will be a good game but I think PB will pull it off by >7.
[/q.

nine4me04u

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 29, 2013, 11:35:39 pm
Congrats on beating GW but nothing about that game is relevant or has anything to do with these two teams next Sat. They are conference rivals who know each other well.

All our kids are concerned with is the El Dorado Wildcats. That's it. The only way you win is if the team that showed up against Texarkana, Benton (2nd game) or Bryant (1st half) shows up.

Bolding isn't beating Reed at War Memorial. No way.
It's hard to beat the same team twice in the same year. Just ask bennie. They beat Fayettville in the regular season in '11 and '12 , but lost in the finals.

gatecrasher

I don't care who we're playing. We play the way we are capable of and we win.

Now there's an extra week to prepare? It's like giving Nick Saban an extra week to prepare for a title game. Scott Reed and his staff with more time to prepare for a state championship game? Meh....
Advantage El Dorado.

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 06, 2013, 01:50:17 pm
I don't care who we're playing. We play the way we are capable of and we win.

Now there's an extra week to prepare? It's like giving Nick Saban an extra week to prepare for a title game. Scott Reed and his staff with more time to prepare for a state championship game? Meh....
Advantage El Dorado.

Look man Jim Jones...er I mean Scott Reed is just like any other coach! Even Saban made critical mistakes last week. No doubt Reed is a good coach but your god like support worship of him is getting creepy! Bolding is not playing neither is Reed all Bolding has to do is have the team mentally prepared to play and then let the kids use their better physical talent and Z's win!

xtremewildcat

I wouldn't even try to run the ball, I would lite it up all night.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Most important member of the team for Zebra's? Gotta be the equipment manager for this game. He has to make sure he packs the stick-um spray for PB's quarterback. He obviously forgot it last time they came to Eldo.

urban legend2

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on December 06, 2013, 05:26:32 pm
Most important member of the team for Zebra's? Gotta be the equipment manager for this game. He has to make sure he packs the stick-um spray for PB's quarterback. He obviously forgot it last time they came to Eldo.
I can't even get riled up over that one 6ASouthCat...because you're right. But not just for Skelton, that goes for the entire team. Gots to hold on to the football. They fumbled it repeatedly and still had a chance to win it late the first go round. Can't do that this time around if they're going to get that title.

gatecrasher

ZD, I'm merely stating facts. You have to put Reed up there with Jones from Greenwood, Lunney from Bentonville, and Carpenter from Junction City as being among the top 4-5 coaches in the state.

Bolding is a good coach too, but you know as well as I do he has a history of questionable decisions in big games.
None more so than the 2009 title game when he tried to literally run Claude Johnson into the WMS turf, when he had that beast of a WR that created a matchup nightmare no matter where he lined up.
What was his name?

urban legend2

Gate, I think you're talking about Frazier. That game probably has to rank up there with one of Bolding's worst game decisions in his seven years at PB. I think he probably knows that too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas