• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A 2013 State Championship: Pine Bluff vs. El Dorado

Started by Brian G, November 29, 2013, 09:50:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

A surprise final with both coming in off thrilling finishes.

gatecrasher

Hats off to Pine Bluff. Would have loved a chance to break the streak but it is what it is.

Just like old times though. An all-South title game for the 6th time in 7 years. It'll be a great championship game

7AFBFAN

When will this game be played? I have to make this one. Two great programs and sure to be an exciting game.

gatecrasher

HouseOf3Dogs

It should be a good game but if PB played like they did tonight I think they will win by >7.

ELDOWILDCAT88

So proud of the cats . One heck of a job by Coach Reed! My son is a 10th grader on this team . I'm so happy as a dad that  he gets to play for a state championship .something I never got to do! I told him cherish every moment  cause it might not every happen again!

gatecrasher

Scott Reed>Bobby Bolding.

Now that he's back in the title game, he ain't losing.

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 29, 2013, 11:11:31 pm
Scott Reed>Bobby Bolding.

Now that he's back in the title game, he ain't losing.

Z's by 14 and if we come out focus like they did tonight that arse whuppin you had GW giving us...better hope your players > than ours!

gatecrasher

Congrats on beating GW but nothing about that game is relevant or has anything to do with these two teams next Sat. They are conference rivals who know each other well.

All our kids are concerned with is the El Dorado Wildcats. That's it. The only way you win is if the team that showed up against Texarkana, Benton (2nd game) or Bryant (1st half) shows up.

Bolding isn't beating Reed at War Memorial. No way. 

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 29, 2013, 11:35:39 pm
Congrats on beating GW but nothing about that game is relevant or has anything to do with these two teams next Sat. They are conference rivals who know each other well.

All our kids are concerned with is the El Dorado Wildcats. That's it. The only way you win is if the team that showed up against Texarkana, Benton (2nd game) or Bryant (1st half) shows up.

Bolding isn't beating Reed at War Memorial. No way. 

I would think if Bolding is good enough coach to go on the road and beat GW....He's good enough coach to beat a clearly inferior team. He has a chance to do what only 2-3 coaches have done win state championships at 2 different schools. Best I can tell you is pray for another 7 turnovers!

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

I just know that for a team loaded, and I mean LOADED, with sophomores...for them to go 0-3, but come out as #1 seed in the south and make it to the finals, that means something. Coaching? Yes. And it's a fact both teams know each other well. It will come down to what coach finds the little weakness they can poke at and exploit....maybe a sophomore QB that gets rattled easy? Hmmmmm....we will see. Should be a good close game. WE are just happy to be here after our start, but it aint how you start, it's how you finish. We don't expect to lose.

gatecrasher

"clearly" inferior?

It's been 6 weeks. You know not what you say. Young, yes.

Inferior? You're already drunk from the GW kool-aid.

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2013, 01:11:19 am
"clearly" inferior?

It's been 6 weeks. You know not what you say. Young, yes.

Inferior? You're already drunk from the GW kool-aid.

No I thought PB was clearly better when we played and I still think so.

CJ7

I think this game has the makings of a classic. Two talented teams with top notch coaching and talent. I've only seen Pine Bluff this year( size, talent, speed), but ElDorado has already beaten the Zebras. I'm just goin to sit back and enjoy this one.

xtremewildcat

I can't get that PB drum cadence out of my head.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGG!!!!

the_kosher_pig

El Dorado beat them on the coat tails of SEVEN[\b] turnovers by Pine Bluff.  This game could be a blow out if PB holds on to the ball. 

HouseOf3Dogs

Every team gets better as the season progresses so I don't think an early season loss will be a factor unless Eldo is already counting those points as well. PB may be young but they have size and speed that can cause upsets. I think it will be a good game but I think PB will pull it off by >7.

gatecrasher

ZD, we won the game.
That's all that matters. You get too caught up in stats but clearly that doesn't matter in the end.

gatecrasher

Turnovers are part of the game. Just sayin.

We are MUCH better than we were six weeks ago when we played them.

El Dorado is young too. Much younger. We start 12 sophs if I remember correctly. So PB isn't the only one who's young.

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2013, 09:35:15 am

El Dorado is young too. Much younger. We start 12 sophs if I remember correctly. So PB isn't the only one who's young.

Please don't start the only team getting better is Eldo routine!  ::)

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2013, 09:32:00 am
ZD, we won the game.
That's all that matters. You get too caught up in stats but clearly that doesn't matter in the end.

You need to know and understand HOW and WHY you win or lose a game. Stats help do that. 7 turnovers....very important stat! Next to the final score it's the most important stat for that game.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 30, 2013, 09:50:42 am
Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2013, 09:32:00 am
ZD, we won the game.

You need to know and understand HOW and WHY you win or lose a game. Stats help do that. 7 turnovers....very important stat! Next to the final score it's the most important stat for that game.

Very true.

Fville had 7 turnovers against Central. Clearly a case of the better team (on paper) not getting it done on the field. I think PB will make the most of their second chance.

Zebras by 13.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 30, 2013, 08:29:22 am
El Dorado beat them on the coat tails of SEVEN[\b] turnovers by Pine Bluff.  This game could be a blow out if PB holds on to the ball. 

Turn your slash the other way. ;D

thebigshot

It's tough to beat the same team twice in same year. Said it before will say it again. Both teams are young and have good futures ahead of them. It's going be a dog fight just like in 2009 and earlier this year. Both teams have have improved a lot. El Dorado wins this one.

HouseOf3Dogs

Very true about the turnovers. GW had 2 interceptions that PB turned into points immediately which was a large factor in the game. As far as both teams being young should make it interesting but you were the one that started off about Eldo has already beaten them (PB) once....just saying

HouseOf3Dogs

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 30, 2013, 09:46:51 am

Please don't start the only team getting better is Eldo routine!  ::)
If they play like they did last night it should be a good game. Just go in with a level head and give all you got. Good luck to both teams.

gatecrasher

The only team left that could have beaten El Dorado lost last night.

Scott Reed isn't losing this game. I'll take him over Bolding any day.

gatecrasher

WMS: Memorial Stadium North.

That's our house. You'll see. Just like 2009 all over again.

Earl is my Hero!!

TSW

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2013, 11:51:08 am
The only team left that could have beaten El Dorado lost last night.

Scott Reed isn't losing this game. I'll take him over Bolding any day.

Name your bet

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2013, 12:00:35 pm

You'll see. Just like 2009 all over again.

If Reed thinks that he is bad wrong. This years PB team is waaay better than the 2009 team. Much more balanced, better defensively, stronger and just more talented.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 30, 2013, 12:07:44 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2013, 11:51:08 am
Scott Reed isn't losing this game.

What position does he play?

The fact that Eldo thinks its their COACH that is gonna win the game says lot about what they really feel!

Baitshop

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 30, 2013, 12:47:22 pm

If Reed thinks that he is bad wrong. This years PB team is waaay better than the 2009 team. Much more balanced, better defensively, stronger and just more talented.

The question is, do the Pine Bluff players feel like they played the SC game last nite and will they be able to get up for a 5-5 Eldo team..??

zebradynasty

Quote from: Baitshop on November 30, 2013, 12:55:37 pm

The question is, do the Pine Bluff players feel like they played the SC game last nite and will they be able to get up for a 5-5 Eldo team..??

I don't think it will be a problem. PB doesn't like eldorado so I don't expect a let down. The game being on Saturday gives them time to rest mentally.

gatecrasher

Same ol song and dance. I've heard this before, ad nauseaum.

Fact is every big game PB has faced El Do in lately, the Wildcats have prevailed. The PB wins? 2009 reg season finale when seeds were already decided, and last year's regular season tilt.

Go ahead and think you're that much more superior. We like it that way.

zebradynasty

So you got tore off the frame by us last season because the game didn't matter? Every game eldo loses it doesn't matter or theres an excuse.

urban legend2

Gonna stay away from the trash talk and give ED its props. Took a lot for them to bounce back after their rough start. Key again will be who gets stops and capitalizes off them. I can just about guarantee you PB won't turn the ball over like they did in the first meeting. That essentially cost them the conference title and I look for them to play their best game. In any event, this may be the beginning of a couple of more title game matchups between the two over the next two years...

xtremewildcat

November 30, 2013, 03:27:39 pm #38 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 03:34:05 pm by xtremewildcat

If you had ever played, you would know kids salivate at the chance to play someone who kicked your teeth in.
Kinda like your boys wanted when they got their teeth kicked in again by GW. You know!

gatecrasher

All I said was last years game was one of the two you guys have beaten us in since you dropped to 6A in 2008.

We are 5-2 against the Z's since 2008.

Baitshop

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 30, 2013, 03:27:39 pm

If you had ever played, you would know kids salivate at the chance to play someone who kicked your teeth in.
Kinda like your boys wanted when they got their teeth kicked in again by GW. You know!

Dude, we got "our teeth kicked in" by 3 points on the last play of the game....

And I have a steak dinner anywhere in the state of Arkansas for you that says that Eldo doesn't get within 3 of Pine Bluff this time....

Is your mouth bigger than your billfold..??

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Baitshop on November 30, 2013, 04:53:18 pm

And I have a steak dinner anywhere in the state of Arkansas for you that says that Eldo doesn't get within 3 of Pine Bluff this time....

How bout a %500.00 donation to ST Judes. I will take ED and 3 points.
You doing a lotta trash talk for a man who been kicked around for about a month.

xtremewildcat

I get it so quit with the PM's.

How about a c-note to St Judes or Children's in LR. That is about what most people waste eating out at these places.

xtremewildcat

Baitshop

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 30, 2013, 05:12:58 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on November 30, 2013, 04:53:18 pm

How bout a %500.00 donation to ST Judes. I will take ED and 3 points.
You doing a lotta trash talk for a man who been kicked around for about a month.

Nope....you're getting trash talk from a guy who was one of the FIVE teams that "kicked your teams teeth in" this year.....

Remember....it ain't braggin' if it's true....

xtremewildcat

November 30, 2013, 07:27:44 pm #45 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:30:24 pm by xtremewildcat
Ok but you intentionally missed my point. I didn't mean to make you so angry about reminding you of you losing two years in a row to the new kids on the block.

Gotta suggestion. Why don't you spearhead a petition to move down to 6A so you can have a chance. You can ask the AAA to disregard half of your school population because most of them wish they could be in GW.

johnharrison

Parking for War Memorial

First let me tell you they almost always have plenty of parking in the WM parking lot for a reasonable fee and there is some on street parking that is  free, though a little further away with even less security.  If that works for you, read no further.

However - If a group wants to have a parking lot where they can reserve and park ten or more cars together for tailgating or fellowship and having a guaranteed place to meet then PM me.  The lot is across Markham, but is as close to the West stands as most of the east parking lot.

Baitshop

December 01, 2013, 12:45:13 am #47 Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:48:56 am by Baitshop
Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 30, 2013, 07:27:44 pm

Gotta suggestion. Why don't you spearhead a petition to move down to 6A so you can have a chance. You can ask the AAA to disregard half of your school population because most of them wish they could be in GW.

We don't mind playing BigBoy football....remember, it was Eldo that voted to split the 5A into two divisions so that they wouldn't have to play those nasty boys from NWA....

You just need to be glad that your 5 loss fluke still plays in a division that would allow them to make a championship game....if your administration were willing to move back up to the BigBoy league you could show us pudknockers from Southside how it is done....wait, we've already decided who was the better team this year between Southside and Eldo on the field in Week 2....28-20 mean anything to you, or have you lost so many games this year that you can't keep up with the scores..??

Your biggest decision in the next 2 weeks is whether you will be silly enough to order Runner-up rings twice....

gatecrasher

They should let teams play NC games whenever we want.
Just sayin.

xtremewildcat

December 01, 2013, 09:44:02 am #49 Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:46:29 am by xtremewildcat
Quote from: Baitshop on December 01, 2013, 12:45:13 am
Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 30, 2013, 07:27:44 pm

We don't mind playing BigBoy football....remember, it was Eldo that voted to split the 5A into two divisions so that they wouldn't have to play those nasty boys from NWA....

You just need to be glad that your 5 loss fluke still plays in a division that would allow them to make a championship game....if your administration were willing to move back up to the BigBoy league you could show us pudknockers from Southside how it is done....wait, we've already decided who was the better team this year between Southside and Eldo on the field in Week 2....28-20 mean anything to you, or have you lost so many games this year that you can't keep up with the scores..??

Your biggest decision in the next 2 weeks is whether you will be silly enough to order Runner-up rings twice....

When I read that it saddens me to see that you are lowering yourself to be a bald face lie when there have been several people who are foes of ED claim that ED voted against it.
But hey, I'm not gonna continue to feed your appetite to feel relevant.
Oh by the way, the last SS that will ever win a title lost 4 games. Just so people on here will see how low you have sunk.

OBTW........   BAIT PUT DOWN THE BUCKET OF SPIT!!!!! ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas