• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

g.ws drew morgan or josh bell

Started by southdog, October 23, 2012, 08:25:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Foot

I know this was brought up on another thread and then locked I wasn't at the game Friday but watched it
on gogwbulldogs.com and when I got home I listened to the radio broadcast twice, than I watched the replay 3 times. I heard the comment in passing, it was made during the half time. I didn't think anything about it because it was not pointed at SS. After reading the stupid comments that several posters were making without checking it out really bothered me so I went back to the broadcast and found the comment it took place 1h38min33sec into the broadcast and the comment was as follows (" SS wants to come down and show these snot nose kids they are not as good as they think they are " ) Our announcer wasn't calling SS players nor GW players that, he was referring to what the GW players have been refered to on FF. So before running your mouth about something you know nothing about check the facts. Our announcer is a friend of mine and I don't like it when someone accuses him of something like this.I think our radio crew does a wonderful job.  So to them I say thank you.

RD™

I have listened to the broad cast and Tim Terry did not call Southside "snot nosed", he said and I quote

"Southside wanted to come down here and show these snot nose kids......."

So Tim Terry's name is cleared.

Baitshop

Quote from: RD on October 24, 2012, 08:20:09 pm
I have listened to the broad cast and Tim Terry did not call Southside "snot nosed", he said and I quote

"Southside wanted to come down here and show these snot nose kids......."

So Tim Terry's name is cleared.

I didn't take the time to listen to it again myself, but if this info is correct, that certainly clears up what folks thought that they heard....

Baitshop

Perhaps, now we can find a way to end the discussions about the young man from Southside and the young man from Greenwood that have acted in a way on the field that should not end up defining them, their coaching staffs, and/or their parents....

What say ye..??..??

Big Foot

Quote from: Baitshop on October 24, 2012, 08:52:16 pm
Perhaps, now we can find a way to end the discussions about the young man from Southside and the young man from Greenwood that have acted in a way on the field that should not end up defining them, their coaching staffs, and/or their parents....

What say ye..??..??

Your through playing GW go bother Russellville. ;D ;D

Jeep71

Baitshop

Quote from: Big Foot on October 24, 2012, 08:57:17 pm

What say ye..??..??

Unfortunately, we were through "playing" Greenwood after the 2nd quarter..... :-\

Big Foot

Quote from: Baitshop on October 24, 2012, 09:12:00 pm
Quote from: Big Foot on October 24, 2012, 08:57:17 pm

What say ye..??..??

Unfortunately, we were through "playing" Greenwood after the 2nd quarter..... :-\

Well then move on!!!!! ;D ;D

TTofGreenwood

October 25, 2012, 08:10:04 am #58 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:15:09 am by TTofGreenwood
Let's not move on. Just got home from work.  Been stewing on this ALL night.  You know most of the banter on FF is in good fun, tongue and cheek if you will.  I'm one of the worst, not just on here, but in real life, of being overly sarcastic and joking around way too much.  So much so that people take my joking serious.(my wife)

But one thing I will not do is LIE and make accusations about someone's  professionalism when I DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH.   You jack a sses that called me out, about something I said on the radio, about high school kids and didn't know if it was actually my quote.  You can BITE ME!

Take your weak A SS rebel crap and go get rolled by the 7A west.  I'm done with you idiots. I'm the first person that said I'm a closet Rebs fan. heck I even say it during the game (55:00-60:00 during broadcast).  So RGP, Baitshop, Smithian, 7AFBfan and anyone else I'm missing.....

HUG a NUT!

Disclaimer:  I'll take any MOD punishment I deserve. 

Thanks,
                                                  Timothy R. Terry

SNWA

In an attempt to divert bad sportsmanship from one side to the other bait has once again come up short. The snot nosed myth has been debunked and TT's name cleared. (shocker)
Yes bait we can now move on and i pray you do so you can quit the embarrassment that has followed you these past six days.
Im sure after SS takes care of Russelville, they will once again be among the elite programs in the state and had it not been for overlooking its smaller brother they would have had the top team, fastest runners, biggest line, best band, #1 kickline, classiest fans, best nachos and prettiest uniforms in the land.
And TT, since none of the hundreds of SS fans that clearly heard you say that has apologized, i want to say im sorry for them.
Now we can move on. Bring on the Wampus cats.

ricepig

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on October 25, 2012, 08:10:04 am
Let's not move on. Just got home from work.  Been stewing on this ALL night.  You know most of the banter on FF is in good fun, tongue and cheek if you will.  I'm one of the worst, not just on here, but in real life, of being overly sarcastic and joking around way too much.  So much so that people take my joking serious.(my wife)

But one thing I will not do is LIE and make accusations about someone's  professionalism when I DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH.   You jack a sses that called me out, about something I said on the radio, about high school kids and didn't know if it was actually my quote.  You can BITE ME!

Take your weak A SS rebel crap and go get rolled by the 7A west.  I'm done with you idiots. I'm the first person that said I'm a closet Rebs fan. heck I even say it during the game (55:00-60:00 during broadcast).  So RGP, Baitshop, Smithian, 7AFBfan and anyone else I'm missing.....

HUG a NUT!

Thanks,
                                                  Timothy R. Terry

So you're saying you're a professional?    ;D

TTofGreenwood

Thanks C. Didn't figure any of them would.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: ricepig on October 25, 2012, 08:22:19 am

HUG a NUT!

Thanks,
                                                  Timothy R. Terry

You boys will get some of it too!  ;)

ricepig

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on October 25, 2012, 08:23:24 am
Quote from: ricepig on October 25, 2012, 08:22:19 am

HUG a NUT!

Thanks,
                                                  Timothy R. Terry

You boys will get some of it too!  ;)

I hope we meet up, it will mean we are in the finals.

Smithian

HUG a NUT!

Thanks,
                                                  Timothy R. Terry

If you and your colleagues make well know on an internet message board to non-Greenwood fans that you will be providing an online stream of the football game, then you need to understand you're inviting blow back for any comments that may be iffy.

Southside fans were ready to move on from that game with our tails between our legs, but when your homeboys turn into an anonymous internet mob to go after one of our players on an anonymous message board, we're not going to let you round roughshod. Our kid left the field after the game. You all would have gone absolutely ape if one of our players tried to purposefully injure another player during kneel downs.

Glad I clicked on this thread. You Greenwood fans are a trip.

TTofGreenwood

For real....gonna be a great November.  Good luck til December..... ;)

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Smithian on October 25, 2012, 08:44:17 am

HUG a NUT!

Thanks,
                                                  Timothy R. Terry

If you and your colleagues make well know on an internet message board to non-Greenwood fans that you will be providing an online stream of the football game, then you need to understand you're inviting blow back for any comments that may be iffy.

Southside fans were ready to move on from that game with our tails between our legs, but when your homeboys turn into an anonymous internet mob to go after one of our players on an anonymous message board, we're not going to let you round roughshod. Our kid left the field after the game. You all would have gone absolutely ape if one of our players tried to purposefully injure another player during kneel downs.

Glad I clicked on this thread. You Greenwood fans are a trip.

I don't give three shats about who did what on the field or after the game.

I'm defending myself and our broadcast crew. Pay attention.

ricepig

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on October 25, 2012, 08:45:07 am

Oh, and should we meet, we in Jonesboro would prefer that you refer to us as "mucus challenged from the nasal organ" boys.  I kid, I kid, you're not the only one who suffers from being a sarcastic donkeys rear.

Big Foot

Quote from: ricepig on October 25, 2012, 08:59:27 am

Oh, and should we meet, we in Jonesboro would prefer that you refer to us as "mucus challenged from the nasal organ" boys.  I kid, I kid, you're not the only one who suffers from being a sarcastic donkeys rear.

Dont you have some rice fields to check? ;D ;D ;D

DogsWin7

October 25, 2012, 09:02:05 am #69 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:06:16 am by DiehardFBfan
Don't worry yourself with them TT.   You know you and your broadcast crew better than anyone as well as ALL of Greenwood and the surrounding listening areas who have supported and will continue to support you from now on.

NO one is better at being more supportive of the kids and school than you and your crew.  That is a fact.

God Bless you TT and don't worry about what some SS Rebs opinion is, we all know the truth.

TTofGreenwood

Hey, I like Jonesboro.  Nice suburb of Brookland.

SNWA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No i think we probably would have made up a story about something we overheard the mayor of Ft.smith say at wal-mart and blast him even though there was absolutely no truth to it....yeh, thats what we would do.

DogsWin7

Probably might have to consider that for next year...........considering they don't apparently have a Big Boy FB team to make fun of anymore........ ;D

Smithian

Quote from: SNWA on October 25, 2012, 09:03:14 amNo i think we probably would have made up a story about something we overheard the mayor of Ft.smith say at wal-mart and blast him even though there was absolutely no truth to it....yeh, thats what we would do.
Make stuff up?

Reb fans make stuff up?

More like we point out facts that then get deleted. That was the story of the game week.

SNWA

I don't know exactly when it was said, and I made a phone call this morning to try and find out exactly when it was said....I was told that the remark didn't have the word "punk" in it, but was "a bunch of snot nosed brats" in referring to the or some Southside players....

How I heard that was from multilple sources, including 2 inside the Southside administration....my phone died in the middle of the 1st half....when I got back to the car and got it on the charger I had 14 missed texts and 7 missed phone calls....so I started working my way through them......four of those texts where about the Greenwood radio announcer calling Rebel players "snot nosed brats" i.e "wow, can't believe their radio guy called your kids SNB's"...."Tim Terry called our players SNB's...that is the most bush league thing I have ever heard"...."the radio guy called the Rebels SNB's....I wonder what the Greenwood administration thinks about that....somebody needs to let them know"...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy....you have some explaining to do!!!!!!!!!

SNWA

Lets see...2 ss admin ,14 missed text ,7 missed call

+14
                                                   +7
                                                ---------

So let me clear this up. 23 SS people fabricated a story OR
baitshop fabricated a story.  You decide for yourself........

DogsWin7

October 25, 2012, 09:28:28 am #76 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:01:21 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Smithian on October 25, 2012, 09:14:04 am
Quote from: SNWA on October 25, 2012, 09:03:14 amNo i think we probably would have made up a story about something we overheard the mayor of Ft.smith say at wal-mart and blast him even though there was absolutely no truth to it....yeh, thats what we would do.
Make stuff up?

Reb fans make stuff up?

More like we point out facts that then get deleted. That was the story of the game week.

What facts are you referring too?  The story of the game was that GW beat your Rebs fair and square.  We told you what was coming but you and Rejected Gene Population all couldn't seem to wrap your Rebel brain around that fact.

Then Rejected Gene Population of SS instead of being sportsmanlike and typing Congratulations GW he had to throw his own SS faithful players under the bus along with the coaches and still not admit that they got beat.  He had every excuse in the book.

Now, you have resulted in not only bringing Coach Jones's son who is younger than the SS QB I might add, into this along with trying to do damage on a message board with lies in trying to get someone in trouble with their jobs!

It is lower than low. IMO.       I shouldn't of lowered myself to name call RGP I apologize for the Rejected Gene Population reference.

ricepig

Quote from: Big Foot on October 25, 2012, 09:01:47 am

Dont you have some rice fields to check? ;D ;D ;D

Nope, just flooding them up for duck hunting, that's where the easy money is.

RD™

Make stuff up?

Reb fans make stuff up?

Pretty sure the garbage RGP posted, was violation of the rules Eddie laid out. It's getting tired Smithers quick. Suggest you go to pound rocks.

ricepig

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on October 25, 2012, 09:02:22 am

Hey, I like Jonesboro.  Nice suburb of Brookland.

No kidding, soon they will annex us.

Smithian

Quote from: RD on October 25, 2012, 09:36:43 am
Make stuff up?

Reb fans make stuff up?

Pretty sure the garbage RGP posted, was violation of the rules Eddie laid out. It's getting tired Smithers quick. Suggest you go to pound rocks.
Don't plan on it.

You can run around deleting posts you don't like but that doesn't mean you are in charge of the board. When Eddie or even BG tells me to drop it, I will.

RGP

Pretty sure the garbage RGP posted, was violation of the rules Eddie laid out.
Oh really now, nazi moderator?

Please, enlighten me-- which rule can you prove that I broke:

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner.

I'll wait patiently for any proof that any of my posts you deleted violated one of those rules. I was actual quite careful in posting as to NOT violate any of those rules. My posts were presented as well-supported rumors that I regarded simply as my own opinion (to which I refer you to the second paragraph of the rules).

Prove me wrong. In your own words, I dare you.

As for the thread's topic, I've got to go with Josh Bell. Although Morgan was Greenwood's entire offense against us last week.

As for the thread's focus, let's be honest-- the radio broadcasts Greenwood produces are pretty shoddy. I was very impressed with the video and visuals of the game, but the radio was quite lackluster. The play by play guy's microphone could barely be heard and you could barely make out the words he was saying when you could hear him. Not the voice I would expect for telling people what's happening on the field. Very raspy and hick-ish.

Further, some of the comments he made were very unprofessional. At halftime, alluding to "snot nosed brats" for either team was uncalled for. Any way you look at it, it portrays badly on the visiting team. By alluding to SS players/fans referring to Greenwood's players as "snot nosed brats" was simply uncalled for, baseless, and had no place in a state-wide broadcast. A voice for a program shouldn't be so thoughtless. Additional classless remarks included "Fire up the buses" after Greenwood scored it's fifth touchdown (You're talking about high school kids) and saying on Greenwood's second to last drive something to the effect that "Southside is a quote unquote good program" poking at the perceived tradition of the opposition. A backhanded compliment has no place on a state wide broadcast for high school football players. This was not Fearless Friday. That individual was a voice for Greenwood's football program and should be reprimanded for such classless remarks.

Finally, the cheering in the press box goes against the most well known press box rule ever. Whoever was there cheering has no place in a press box and should not be allowed back. They must not have had anywhere else to sit in the first place, I presume... and whoever ate 8 slices of people showed a complete lack of disrespect to the others in the press box.

This, combined with the many noted flaws of the administration and coaches make for a terrible performance that Greenwood should be very disappointed in.

Can't wait for them to see what class is like in real life when they go to Southside next season..... win or lose......

Yes, Greenwood won on Friday, but ask yourself this-- at what cost?

Baitshop

But one thing I will not do is LIE and make accusations about someones  professionalism when I DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH.   You jack a sses that called me out, about something I said on the radio, about high school kids and didn't know if it was actually my quote.  You can BITE ME!

HUG a NUT!

Thanks,
                                                  Timothy R. Terry

Dear Timothy R. Terry,
I would like to clear up and clarify some of the accusations and assertions that you have made above.

1. There is not one single lie in ANYTHING that I have posted in regards to what I was told you said on the radio broadcast of the Greenwood/Southside game on Friday, October 19, 2012. I NEVER stated that I knew for sure or heard what was said on your broadcast. As a matter of fact, I told the two Southside administrators (who also did not hear it personally, but had received phone calls from people complaining about the comment) that I had not heard the comment and had never heard you say anything like that in any of broadcasts that I had heard.

2. I knew of the perported comment within 10 minutes of when the game ended, yet came on the board and congratulated the Greenwood players, coaches, and fans on the victory. I also commented that the better team won and you have much to be proud of in regards to your football team. If my intent was to "make accusations about your professionalism", I would have done it immediately. Don't misconstrue what some of the other Southside posters do with what I do.

3. After 5 days of GW posters attacking a 16 year old kid, making disparaging comments about his character, the character of the coaching and his fathers parenting skills, I decided that enough was enough and pointed out some of the things that the Rebel faithful were "offended" by, and that impressions or context may matter to GW fans when the coin was flipped. Lets be clear....what Southside fans thought that they heard Timothy R. Terry say was unanimous and now, obviously incorrect. In the end, if what Greenwood posters have said is true after re-listening to the broadcat,  then what the folks that contacted me, told me about it have not been correct. But their perception of what was said was consistent, and that is what I commented on. The samplings of the comments that were sent to me via text are direct quotes. There is/was no editing of what was sent to me. The two folks that watched the webcast of the game live 150 miles from each other and don't know each other. I stated what they told me that they heard...no embellishment. What all of these people believed that they heard, apparently, is incorrect....but I only posted what I was told.....so you can crawl down off of the cross of indignation when it comes to what I said.....

4. As an aside, most folks that are concerned with their "professionalism" aren't referring to people that may have differing opinions as "idiots", "idiots", or ask them to "BITE ME"......lets not get too full of ourselves here....you call HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES in Greenwood Arkansas.....I announce HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES in Fort Smith Arkansas....I'm not getting calls to announce for the Cowboys and I bet that you are not getting phone calls from ESPN to take over Game Day. I believe, and have told you and many others that I believe that Timothy R. Terry does an outstanding job of calling GREENwood High School football. Others, obviously, agree with my assessment. I have been told by folks in and around the Southside program, that I do an outstanding job in announcing all of the Rebel sports that I handle. At the end of the day, I announce Southside Rebel athletics because I enjoy it....but it is still HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL....

5. Now, another couple of comments on this entire postgame debacle and I will be through. The amount of vitriol display by the Greenwood faithful in regards to the action of the SS QB, his moral character, the SS coachings staff lack of action, and that his parenting was suspect.....seemed to totally melt away once I brought up another act of poor sportsmanship that was perpetrated by a young man from Greenwood, especially once that young man was identified as CRJ son. I have never, in almost 7 years on the board, had my PM inbox pounded by a fanbase as when the tables were turned on one of your favorite sons. Your indignation that anyone would mention CRJ or his son were only exceeded by the insistence that I remove any comment that referred to the personal foul that was called after the GW young man blew up the kneeling SS QB in a JV game two weeks ago. If we are going to get into character assassination of 16 year old kid, their coaches and their parents, then lets, at least, be able to discuss it when it happens to players from both sides.

Now, my final comment to Timothy R. Terry and the rest of the board in regards to the SNK comment. I posted, after TT asked me to, the sources and what was reported to me by multiple sources. I spoke immediately, that I didn't know it to be facts, and then, after checking with someone that had contacted me, clarified that the comment did not have the word "punk". It appears as though those folks heard something that was not said in the context that they thought that it was said. It was a mistake and it was incorrect and Timothy R. Terry deserves an apology from those that misrepresented what was said, whether their action were intentional or accidental.

This is my personal apology to Timothy R. Terry for any part that I had, or he perceives that I had in regards to this issue. I am hopeful that you are able to accept it.

dogbreath

Here's an idea.  Next time you want to watch a Bulldog broadcast simply turn the volume down and listen to the SS broadcast over on the AM radio dial.  You and all of Greenwood will be much happier.

zebradynasty

Can a horses butt be on a high horse at the same time? INSTANT CLASSIC..." My posts were presented as well-supported rumors"...WTH ???

dogbreath

RGP

The "snot nosed brats" comments still portray SS and it's program in a negative light by insinuating on a state wide broadcast that our program felt that way. I find no reason to apologize for such classless action.

dogbreath

Nobody asked for your apology.  I only asked that you turn your volume down next time.

Big Foot

Quote from: Baitshop on October 25, 2012, 02:38:08 pm

But one thing I will not do is LIE and make accusations about someones  professionalism when I DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH.   You jack a sses that called me out, about something I said on the radio, about high school kids and didn't know if it was actually my quote.  You can BITE ME!

HUG a NUT!

Thanks,
                                                  Timothy R. Terry

Dear Timothy R. Terry,
I would like to clear up and clarify some of the accusations and assertions that you have made above.

1. There is not one single lie in ANYTHING that I have posted in regards to what I was told you said on the radio broadcast of the Greenwood/Southside game on Friday, October 19, 2012. I NEVER stated that I knew for sure or heard what was said on your broadcast. As a matter of fact, I told the two Southside administrators (who also did not hear it personally, but had received phone calls from people complaining about the comment) that I had not heard the comment and had never heard you say anything like that in any of broadcasts that I had heard.

2. I knew of the perported comment within 10 minutes of when the game ended, yet came on the board and congratulated the Greenwood players, coaches, and fans on the victory. I also commented that the better team won and you have much to be proud of in regards to your football team. If my intent was to "make accusations about your professionalism", I would have done it immediately. Don't misconstrue what some of the other Southside posters do with what I do.

3. After 5 days of GW posters attacking a 16 year old kid, making disparaging comments about his character, the character of the coaching and his fathers parenting skills, I decided that enough was enough and pointed out some of the things that the Rebel faithful were "offended" by, and that impressions or context may matter to GW fans when the coin was flipped. Lets be clear....what Southside fans thought that they heard Timothy R. Terry say was unanimous and now, obviously incorrect. In the end, if what Greenwood posters have said is true after re-listening to the broadcat,  then what the folks that contacted me, told me about it have not been correct. But their perception of what was said was consistent, and that is what I commented on. The samplings of the comments that were sent to me via text are direct quotes. There is/was no editing of what was sent to me. The two folks that watched the webcast of the game live 150 miles from each other and don't know each other. I stated what they told me that they heard...no embellishment. What all of these people believed that they heard, apparently, is incorrect....but I only posted what I was told.....so you can crawl down off of the cross of indignation when it comes to what I said.....

4. As an aside, most folks that are concerned with their "professionalism" aren't referring to people that may have differing opinions as "idiots", "idiots", or ask them to "BITE ME"......lets not get too full of ourselves here....you call HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES in Greenwood Arkansas.....I announce HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES in Fort Smith Arkansas....I'm not getting calls to announce for the Cowboys and I bet that you are not getting phone calls from ESPN to take over Game Day. I believe, and have told you and many others that I believe that Timothy R. Terry does an outstanding job of calling GREENwood High School football. Others, obviously, agree with my assessment. I have been told by folks in and around the Southside program, that I do an outstanding job in announcing all of the Rebel sports that I handle. At the end of the day, I announce Southside Rebel athletics because I enjoy it....but it is still HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL....

5. Now, another couple of comments on this entire postgame debacle and I will be through. The amount of vitriol display by the Greenwood faithful in regards to the action of the SS QB, his moral character, the SS coachings staff lack of action, and that his parenting was suspect.....seemed to totally melt away once I brought up another act of poor sportsmanship that was perpetrated by a young man from Greenwood, especially once that young man was identified as CRJ son. I have never, in almost 7 years on the board, had my PM inbox pounded by a fanbase as when the tables were turned on one of your favorite sons. Your indignation that anyone would mention CRJ or his son were only exceeded by the insistence that I remove any comment that referred to the personal foul that was called after the GW young man blew up the kneeling SS QB in a JV game two weeks ago. If we are going to get into character assassination of 16 year old kid, their coaches and their parents, then lets, at least, be able to discuss it when it happens to players from both sides.

Now, my final comment to Timothy R. Terry and the rest of the board in regards to the SNK comment. I posted, after TT asked me to, the sources and what was reported to me by multiple sources. I spoke immediately, that I didn't know it to be facts, and then, after checking with someone that had contacted me, clarified that the comment did not have the word "punk". It appears as though those folks heard something that was not said in the context that they thought that it was said. It was a mistake and it was incorrect and Timothy R. Terry deserves an apology from those that misrepresented what was said, whether their action were intentional or accidental.

This is my personal apology to Timothy R. Terry for any part that I had, or he perceives that I had in regards to this issue. I am hopeful that you are able to accept it.

Nice post Bait. I agree that negative comments about players should NEVER be put on this board, I did it once and felt terrable about it until I made a formal apology and promised to my self that I would never
do it again. I often wonder why people come on this board and make comments that they would not make
in public or to someones face, I guess being able to hide behind a computer screen they feel really brave. Now I know there was a lot of smack talk from both sides before the game last Friday but when it was all
said and done the teams played and the game was decided on the field, and it should have ended there. I just hope in the future posters will leave their neg. comments about players to themselves. I know that every town or team has disrespectful posters, that come with the territory, we know most of them and have to over look what they say. I can't speak for TT but I appreciate your post. I wish SS the best of luck the rest of the season.

SNWA

Well the good thing RGP is that you dont have to listen to any of the "hickish" broadcast if you so choose. TT is as well known in the town of GW as the mayor and he is just a home town broadcaster. HOMER, of course. Thats what he does and he bleeds gw athletics.
After watching an hr and a half of the presidential debate this week and now reading five minutes of your post i realize at the end of both i have the same feeling. You are very good at twisting your words and force feeding loads of unneeded jabs and gibberish and in the end , in my own unwanted opinion, i have now spent 1 hr and 35 min of my week mulling through crap.

DogsWin7

WISH DREW MORGAN AND ALL THE KIDS THE SUCCESS THAT THEY DESERVE WHEREVER THEY CHOOSE TO GO TO COLLEGE!!!

zebradynasty

Quote from: RGP on October 25, 2012, 02:52:04 pm
The "snot nosed brats" comments still portray SS and it's program in a negative light by insinuating on a state wide broadcast that our program felt that way. I find no reason to apologize for such classless action.

One could make the argument that there are enough SS posters on FF to portray SS in a negative light so why should the gentleman from Greenwood be held to a higher standard?

NoR3

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 25, 2012, 03:45:48 pm
Quote from: RGP on October 25, 2012, 02:52:04 pm

One could make the argument that there are enough SS posters on FF to portray SS in a negative light so why should the gentleman from Greenwood be held to a higher standard?

:)+1

Jeep71

If SS could play fooball  l/2 as good as their fans can bullship they would be world beaters.You Win.  ;D

RD™

Quote from: RGP on October 25, 2012, 02:17:01 pm
Oh really now, nazi moderator?

Please, enlighten me-- which rule can you prove that I broke:

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.
You answered your own question. Unless you work for the Arkansas Department of Education, it was a false opinion, and you spouted off like it was the gospel.

I deleted your post and kept your sorry butt out of trouble and Lanny Beavers before Eddie Goodson posted this

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 16, 2012, 10:08:33 am
I wade into this peeing match to make one thing crystal clear. I will not allow any poster on this website to make allegations against any school by implying, inferring, or ehatever you want to call it that a school is manipulating enrollment numbers. You got proof, take it to the ADE and the AAA. You will not do it here. It has no place on fearless friday. This is your knly warning. Carry on.

Like Eddie said, if you GOT PROOF take it up with AAA and ADE. I don't care if you are a 4.25 student, and could be the Governor one day, I know you are supposed to be the so called "assassin" of Southside Fan-base such as Uncle Ivan is for Wynne and I am for Greenwood, but seriously grow up son. For someone who is supposed to be smart, you don't have one common freaking sense bone in your head. You attacked my ALMA MATER, don't think for a second, I am going to idly stand by and let you get away with it. You made a simple football game between 15-18 year olds turn into a stupid debate over enrollment numbers and coaching firings/salaries. If you are that obsessed, SERIOUSLY TURN IT OVER TO THE ADE. You took it to a whole other level by bringing political BS into a football conversation. I am sure Greenwood Administration folks who (do read this board) would have been getting in contact with Lanny and asking why this place is allowing false rumors, and libel, insulting marks to be on this message board.

Now if you have a problem with me, I suggest you come down from Chicago and take it up with me. Otherwise I don't give a dang what you think of Greenwood.

P.F.G.

HUG a NUT!

Thanks,
                                                  Timothy R. Terry

Listend to the entire game on line and didn't hear anything that was bad. TT is a class guy on the radio. 

Smithian

Quote from: RD on October 25, 2012, 04:43:26 pmFor someone who is supposed to be smart, you don't have one common freaking sense bone in your head. You attacked my ALMA MATER, don't think for a second, I am going to idly stand by and let you get away with it.
Of course RGP knew you wouldn't put up with it.

He just expected you would bring your own facts to the table and have an interesting back and forth. No one actually expected you'd start deleting posts instead of presenting your own argument.

RD™

October 25, 2012, 04:57:07 pm #97 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:48:05 pm by RD
Quote from: RGP on October 25, 2012, 02:17:01 pm

As for the thread's focus, let's be honest-- the radio broadcasts Greenwood produces are pretty shoddy. I was very impressed with the video and visuals of the game, but the radio was quite lackluster. The play by play guy's microphone could barely be heard and you could barely make out the words he was saying when you could hear him. Not the voice I would expect for telling people what's happening on the field. Very raspy and hick-ish.

Further, some of the comments he made were very unprofessional. At halftime, alluding to "snot nosed brats" for either team was uncalled for. Any way you look at it, it portrays badly on the visiting team. By alluding to SS players/fans referring to Greenwood's players as "snot nosed brats" was simply uncalled for, baseless, and had no place in a state-wide broadcast. A voice for a program shouldn't be so thoughtless. Additional classless remarks included "Fire up the buses" after Greenwood scored it's fifth touchdown (You're talking about high school kids) and saying on Greenwood's second to last drive something to the effect that "Southside is a quote unquote good program" poking at the perceived tradition of the opposition. A backhanded compliment has no place on a state wide broadcast for high school football players. This was not Fearless Friday. That individual was a voice for Greenwood's football program and should be reprimanded for such classless remarks.

Finally, the cheering in the press box goes against the most well known press box rule ever. Whoever was there cheering has no place in a press box and should not be allowed back. They must not have had anywhere else to sit in the first place, I presume... and whoever ate 8 slices of people showed a complete lack of disrespect to the others in the press box.

This, combined with the many noted flaws of the administration and coaches make for a terrible performance that Greenwood should be very disappointed in.

Can't wait for them to see what class is like in real life when they go to Southside next season..... win or lose......

Yes, Greenwood won on Friday, but ask yourself this-- at what cost?

Tell me what High School Radio broadcast isn't "homerish, amauterish, and sometimes shoddy", really, Tim and Kevin aren't being paid 30,000 like a Chuck Barrett. As for the video, that is the investment in the program, that has been made by the Bulldog Foundation, a chance to showcase and showoff our program to the world....yes the world, it was being watched in Guam, England, Germany, Afghanistan and other places, apparently also Chicago, IL.

As for the microphone, why don'y you come down here and figure out the audio/visual technical problem, instead of insulting it. It was the same as Tim on the radio play by play. Tim called GREENWOOD snot nosed brats, referring to how Greenwood was referred to on here by you and Smithian...and really you are going to mad over a HIGH SCHOOL BROADCAST saying "fire up the buses" your alma mater just got their rear kicked after talking a superb amount of trash all week. Tim did a great job calling the game, at no time was he classless against Southside. He was dishing back, only what he had to hear all week on here.

Find me a press box that doesn't have cheers. 

Seriously I can't wait to see how "big boys" show class when we come to historic Rowland stadium. Maybe my snot nosed rear will bring my iPad, iPhone, and take some notes on how it's really done.

We won, and you will hear about it for 364 days, we didn't win at any cost. Just get to hear you and other butt-hurt Southside fans (not named Baitshop) gripe about it.

Good day.

RD™

Quote from: Smithian on October 25, 2012, 04:56:34 pm
Quote from: RD on October 25, 2012, 04:43:26 pmFor someone who is supposed to be smart, you don't have one common freaking sense bone in your head. You attacked my ALMA MATER, don't think for a second, I am going to idly stand by and let you get away with it.
Of course RGP knew you wouldn't put up with it.

He just expected you would bring your own facts to the table and have an interesting back and forth. No one actually expected you'd start deleting posts instead of presenting your own argument.
and here we go again, WHY DID THAT GARBAGE have any place about a FOOTBALL GAME? Is Southside so scared of little brother passing us up, that they have to make up stuff and spread it like the Gospel? As Eddie said before, you got a problem, take it to AAA or ADE it had ZERO place on Fearless Friday. Just about every admin/moderator backed me up on my decision. Don't like it, kick rocks.

Smithian

Quote from: RD on October 25, 2012, 04:58:46 pmand here we go again, WHY DID THAT GARBAGE have any place about a FOOTBALL GAME? Is Southside so scared of little brother passing us up, that they have to make up stuff and spread it like the Gospel? As Eddie said before, you got a problem, take it to AAA or ADE it had ZERO place on Fearless Friday. Just about every admin/moderator backed me up on my decision. Don't like it, kick rocks.
We dropped it when Eddie stepped in.

Eddie and BG are well respected on this board.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas