• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6-A New #1

Started by Big Daddy DOG, August 31, 2012, 09:29:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerDog

Quote from: xtremewildcat on September 01, 2012, 01:50:05 pm
It will be a toss up between GW and PB. You have to admit. The victory over NS is a bit more impressive than the victory over that out of state team.

A win over Northside says nothing. They are young and not very good right now. Played 8 sophomores last night.

That was not a win over the out of state team either...... that was just Beatdown #1......

InYoGrill

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on September 01, 2012, 12:08:16 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on September 01, 2012, 12:07:12 pm
LOL. not to hate on gwood but they haven't won a 6a game yet either.  No doubt they will win many but early season polls are just funny. V

Shoo fly.

Pick your muttin flies off first before you jaw off to pantiesblue. Btw- Conway and SS will hammer your paws to the dog house.  ;D

pantherblue

You tell them redbellie!!  We will cheer those flee bags in all thru this football season.  Gate gets closed this year. 

xtremewildcat

You people from GW are gonna have to understand the difference between a football analysis and a statement as a fan.
When the powers to be list their perspective rankings, they look at the opponents and decide how impressive the victory is. I don't know much about GW's opponent other than they would be a 4A school here in AR.

"My opinion" is that defeating a poor 7A school is more impressive than defeating a good 4A school. After looking at the rankings from the Dem/Gaz, they have the same opinion that I do.

Are there any other rankings out this morning?

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: xtremewildcat on September 02, 2012, 07:16:05 am
You people from GW are gonna have to understand the difference between a football analysis and a statement as a fan.
When the powers to be list their perspective rankings, they look at the opponents and decide how impressive the victory is. I don't know much about GW's opponent other than they would be a 4A school here in AR.

"My opinion" is that defeating a poor 7A school is more impressive than defeating a good 4A school. After looking at the rankings from the Dem/Gaz, they have the same opinion that I do.

Dem Gazzette had El Dorado 2nd in 6A this morning

1) Pine Bluff
2) El Dorado
3) Greenwood

TTofGreenwood

We understand statements, from another fan.  You are just an innocent bystander.  Gate has brought the entire state down on El Do. His mouth has been running at the speed of light all summer and then for y'all to take that beat down.  Pretty sad. 

AT

Sallisaw would be an average sized 5A school in Arkansas for what it's worth.

Big Foot

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 02, 2012, 01:44:21 pm

Thats right and they would beat alot of the Arkansas 5a schools.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Big Foot on September 02, 2012, 01:51:22 pm

Thats right and they would beat alot of the Arkansas 5a schools.

Including Alma........... ;D

xtremewildcat

An average size 5A school has 600 students?

B.S.

That "small Oklahoma school"  ripped Northside for 4 years straight a couple of years a ago and the Grizzlies dropped them. As for the Dem/Gaz they are biased against West- North West team.

businesstron

PB should be #1 for now.  Greenwood shouldn't get it until they atleast beat a 6a or 7a team.......

gatecrasher

TT, you're dealing with a few folks from El Do that have thick skin. So if you think all the "backlash" from our loss affects us, think again.

Emphasis on the quotation marks.

AT

Quote from: xtremewildcat on September 02, 2012, 03:17:55 pm

Hmm, maybe not average, but they wouldn't be the smallest.

If you're using the site that I think you're using, then I think they only take into account for 10th, 11th, and 12th grade average enrollment. They don't take into account 9th graders.

xtremewildcat

September 02, 2012, 04:15:46 pm #64 Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:35:07 pm by xtremewildcat
Quote from: B.S. on September 02, 2012, 03:47:12 pm

That "small Oklahoma school"  ripped Northside for 4 years straight a couple of years a ago and the Grizzlies dropped them. As for the Dem/Gaz they are biased against West- North West team.

In 2003 NS lost 16-14  and NS was a 1-9 team.
In 2002 NS lost 13-7 and NS was a 5-5 team.

That's all I have. What other years did they "RIP" NS?

B.S.

Quote from: xtremewildcat on September 02, 2012, 04:15:46 pm

In 2003 NS lost 16-14  and NS was a 1-9 team.
In 2002 NS lost 13-7 and NS was a 5-5 team.

That's all I have. What other years did they "RIP" NS?

I thought they had played for 2 cycles. I knew Northside had never beaten them. My point is there is not this huge difference between Sallisaw and Northside. I'm sure Pine Bluff is a good team this year, but their win over Northside was no more impressive than Greenwood's win over Sallisaw.

zebradynasty

I don't think people are oooing over PB because we won it was HOW? Some people saw a much more diverse offense and while far from being pass happy teams will not be able to load the box. With the speed and height they have on the outside or underneath the potential is there to develop  an effective passing game that many think not having one has cost them at least 2 titles.

Frankly, I am not interested in being #1 right now and I am not sure we are there yet practically the whole season is ahead far too early to be the team to beat.

phdefense

Quote from: xtremewildcat on September 02, 2012, 03:17:55 pm

If that's 600 students 9-12 they would be 4A.

Just_Win_Baby

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 01, 2012, 02:34:38 am
TT, I live 2 hrs from El Dorado. Can't exactly jump in the car in the middle of the week and go to practice.

For 3 yrs we have reloaded. Every indication from all the stuff I got told during the offseason and the summer gave me no indication that this year would be no different.

Thought about it all on the drive home. Conclusion: there will be different bodies starting next week. This coaching staff is too good to allow this to fester.

Gotta find a fullback. Kendall Toney was noticably missing tonight. Suspended indefinitely for disciplinary reasons. Likely done as a Wildcat. It made a huge difference in the running game. That HAS to be addressed.

As for my smack talking, pfffft. It's sports. I came into the world talking noise. I'll leave it the same way.

There are way more important things in my life to worry about than eating crow. Those who know me personally will tell you that is 100% true about me.

There ain't a soul on here that hasn't had to eat their words, and if you say you haven't, you're a liar. But since you brought it up, I have dished out way more in my life than I have eaten. And that's on the real.

Good night...

I heard Toney will be out, not just for disiplinary reasons but for unlawful reasons as well. If thats the case, good riddance. They were also missing Patrick Sweje on defense, I expect Friday will be a different Wildcat team. Whether they win or not who knows. I just wish the coach's would get in a players face when they screw up. Like when # 21 got burned on that 75 yr bomb. Let em know right then there are 46 more players on the bench that might want to play.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 02, 2012, 03:48:57 pm
TT, you're dealing with a few folks from El Do that have thick skin. So if you think all the "backlash" from our loss affects us, think again.

Emphasis on the quotation marks.

No doubt about that.  Y'all have to, to run that head the way y'all have.  Sets one up for a massive crow dinner.

Not sure where all the CF folks are.  Guess they are letting the scoreboard do the talking.
  ED will be fine.  See ya in November.

Just_Win_Baby

El Dorado still ranked #1 in today's paper. !!

Baitshop

As for the Dem/Gaz they are biased against West- North West team.

Are you saying that the ADG is "for" or "against" West-NW teams..??..??

RD™

Before this turns into a trolling session. I am locking this.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas