• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rogers High

Started by 4.1forty, November 09, 2011, 06:24:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

4.1forty

Anyone care to wrap up the coach's first yr here at RHS?   what's next yr look like, etc?

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: 4.1forty on November 09, 2011, 06:24:40 am
Anyone care to wrap up the coach's first yr here at RHS?   what's next yr look like, etc?

It was his second, and it was better than the first, which isn't saying much.

They beat a small MO school in non-conference, and the other Rogers School in conference.

Rogers has won 7 total games over the last 4 seasons. Only 2 of those wins were conference games.

Looks to me like they are on a road to success, they do have a neat-o website...

Billyo62

Neat-o,  The historical perfect word to describe Rogers in many ways.. ;)

4.1forty

I meant 2nd yr....but my neice's 1st yr!  gotta fb plyr coming up though.
just curious of what people thought.  i couldn't attend too many gms. 

Brian G

7AFBFAN

If the football player is interested in winning you should move a few miles down the road to Bentonville. Rogers will do better next year with Van Buren and Siloam in conference but will struggle to win with their offense.

Earl is my Hero!!

4.1forty

do you think since the district split into heritage and rhs that it has hurt them athletically in fb ?  what about other sports?

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: 4.1forty on November 09, 2011, 09:25:17 pm
do you think since the district split into heritage and rhs that it has hurt them athletically in fb ?  what about other sports?

Look at the history.

They sucked before and they had sucked after. Not only in football, but across the board.

Try and think of the championships they have won in any sport - whether Heritage or Rogers, before or after the split.

Rogers Girls Cross Country has won several.

Rogers softball won in like 2001.

Heritage wrestling won in 2008 or 2009.

That's it. Rogers football has made the playoffs 6 times. Other than 2006 they haven't sniffed a title.I can't think of a reason why they aren't more competitive...

4.1forty

MrNiceGuy

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 09, 2011, 06:54:31 pm
If the football player is interested in winning you should move a few miles down the road to Bentonville. Rogers will do better next year with Van Buren and Siloam in conference but will struggle to win with their offense.

Right....it is the offense.  Earl hit the nail on the head....Rogers hasn't been good well basically ever. Peacock was the best thing since sliced bread until he became the head coach at Rogers.  Only so much one can do with a limited hand.

Oh and Earl be sure and tell coach lunney what a great job he did with those junior high teams this season.  ::) ::)

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: MrNiceGuy on November 11, 2011, 08:25:18 am
Oh and Earl be sure and tell coach lunney what a great job he did with those junior high teams this season.  ::) ::)

Dude, do you have any connection to Bentonville football? Have you had three sons in the program from 2000 thru 2010? Were your sons in the Jr. High program in 2004-2005 when Lunney got here and changed the program around? Did you personally see the difference it made when the 9th grade teams went from practicing after school at the Jr. Highs to practicing in the morning before school at the High School?

I'm telling you, Lunney made a lot of changes to the Jr. High program when he got here. Coaches were moved around. Some coaches were no longer around.

Our Jr High teams went from middle of the pack to never losing. But hey, you're right, we just started adding a secret chemical to the water supply and that's why we starting winning...

MrNiceGuy

You right Earl it has nothing to do with talent.  You have had three kids iin the program and you don't see the difference?  Also, ask anyone who has ever coached, championships require LOTS of talent. Great coaching only gets you so far....especially at a young age. Hutchens has been their forever....whorton was an assistant before.....what dramatic coaching changes and philosophies made Bentonville so much better than other schools?  Pretty sure that hartsfield, Matthews, Crockett, etc....can still coach their tails off.  Please inform us and don't give me they implemented s system stuff.  All jr high teams run their systems

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas