• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 Lake Hamilton hosting Russellville in the first round.

Started by jerrydg, November 06, 2011, 04:02:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jerrydg

Lake Hamilton is playing excellent but I do not know much about Russellville. I noticed they played some close games against some tough teams. What does Russellville have that could stop this tough LH team?

Valleysports

Honestly let's just get this done without any more injuries. It's been a terrible season for injuries, especially head injuries.  Lost our last kid thurs night - ricepig we've lost several star baseball players who will never play sports again in their lives.  Baseball Coach can't believe he's losing so many players.  I don't understand it - so many concussions.  We got new helmets this year and I'm starting wonder if that's the problem. 

Entire defense is replaced.  We might get away with a few backyard passes, but Lake Hamilton should use this game to prepare for the next.  Let your injured players heel up!  Russellville isn't boring, Spread Formation, but we've just lost too many horses.  Lake Hamilton will be able to score at will.  Looking forward to playing at Lake Hamilton.  BTW, Russellville broadcast their games lives  ;)       

ricepig

Wow, Valley, are they leading with their heads on tackles? I've never heard of a program losing so many players, I hate it that some have had their careers ended. As you well know, high school sports is a fun and lasting memory for most kids, and their last chance to play.

On another subject, I'm starting to have a love/hate relationship with Hocker, haha. Just glad we didn't need all those points. Of course, he could have been like Bama's kicker and try and commit suicide but fail, seems he couldn't kick the chair out from underneath himself, haha. That's just a joke people, so don't go off.

Valleysports

Unfortunately our WS and Centerfielder, has been in Childrens and the Mayo Clinic.  Missed a lot of 11th grade.  Constant Headaches.  Yes I think they are leading with their heads some.  Some have come from getting hit, but at least a few are self inflicted.  The kid we just lost, was on his 4th concussion.

Now don't be hatin on Hocker.  That 50 mph wind drifted the 2nd one to the left, so he compensated too far to the right on the next one.  Drilled the next 2 + that first 44 ydr in 1st qtr..  Makes me nervous (you should hear his mom) that Razorback Fans are going to turn on him like they did Tejada.   :-\

ricepig

Only when he misses a game winner, haha. He's been money since the start that it's hard to believe it when he misses one.

jerrydg

I hope no one on either team gets hurt but as far as the 8th seed ranking is probably due to the competition Russellville plays. I am told that they would have a much higher rating if they would have played mostly 6a teams.

LH is not taking Russellville for granted. Does anyone have a score prediction?

I say LH 48 Russellville 21

Gridiron1125

I see LH once again mercy ruling this one as they have most of the teams they have faced this year.

Valleysports

I don't think game is worth a thread of it's own myself - let's talk about places to eat while I'm visiting Lake Hamilton.

LH_DAD

Quote from: Valleysports on November 07, 2011, 07:30:21 pm
I don't think game is worth a thread of it's own myself - let's talk about places to eat while I'm visiting Lake Hamilton.
Bleu Monkey on Central.

Valleysports

Where is Lake Hamilton anyway?  :D  I used to drive home on Hwy 7, Tech to E Tex, just remember it being on the south side of Hot Springs.  Well I'm sure one of our parents will send around the GPS Data.  LH Dad, how long did it take you to drive up for that Tech visit?

LH_DAD

Quote from: Valleysports on November 08, 2011, 08:18:52 am
Where is Lake Hamilton anyway?  :D  I used to drive home on Hwy 7, Tech to E Tex, just remember it being on the south side of Hot Springs.  Well I'm sure one of our parents will send around the GPS Data.  LH Dad, how long did it take you to drive up for that Tech visit?
Valley, Lake Hamilton High is on the West side of town on Hwy. 70 W.  The address is actually in Pearcy.  I bet you didn't know that their were suburbs in Hot Springs. lol  If come Hwy 7 it is about 1:40 minutes if you don't get behind any log trucks.  Let me know when you are headed this way and maybe we can grab a pre-game meal.

milomattox

I believe the wolves win big 48 - 21, with 14 of the rville points coming off the 2nd defense. I would however like to invite as many of the rville fans as possible. We are good hosts at Lake Hamilton with a Great band and would love for ya'll to come, the drive down seven although winding is beautiful and game night in wolf stadium is great.

Bigdaddywolf85

Lots of great places to eat in the Hot Springs area.  Just a few -  BBQ: McClard's, Stubby's, Purity, & Smokin In Style.  Rod's Pizza, Cajan Boilers (Fish & Seafood), Fisherman's Wharf, J&S Italian Villa, Outback Steakhouse, Don Juan's Mexican.  Restaurants on the way to the school: KJ's Bar & Grill (Great Steaks & More), Hawg's Pizza & Big J's Pizza Shack, HILL'S Grill (Burgers, BBQ, & Plate Specials), Jahana's Italian, Mi Publito's Mexican,  Rocky Mountain Grill (Catfish, Steaks, Shrimp, Chicken & More.  Just a few miles pat the school on the right.)

Valleysports

Well I'm glad to hear that you're a good host - we are good visitors.  Fans always seem to enjoy being at the football game win or lose, we only have 1 loudmouth that gets on nerves  ;D  I was thinking maybe 21 points as well for Russ, however I just received a text from son saying the last 3 Playmaker's are out.  He hasn't answered me as to why yet.  Don't even bother watching game film. With that latest update - I don't see us scoring or stopping anything.  Possibly 35-0 1st qtr.

LH Dad we might have to go to running just because there are no receivers left - even though we're not good at it, we feed the middle linebacker  ;) 

LH_DAD

Quote from: Valleysports on November 08, 2011, 06:53:11 pm
Well I'm glad to hear that you're a good host - we are good visitors.  Fans always seem to enjoy being at the football game win or lose, we only have 1 loudmouth that gets on nerves  ;D  I was thinking maybe 21 points as well for Russ, however I just received a text from son saying the last 3 Playmaker's are out.  He hasn't answered me as to why yet.  Don't even bother watching game film. With that latest update - I don't see us scoring or stopping anything.  Possibly 35-0 1st qtr.

LH Dad we might have to go to running just because there are no receivers left - even though we're not good at it, we feed the middle linebacker  ;)
Valley are you pulling my leg?  You guys can't be losing kids at that pace...can you?

Bigdaddywolf85

To all of our Pope County guest, Lake Hamilton will treat you well.  At least until kickoff and the whistle blows, The Wolves take there football very serious.  My hometown is Atkins and may of LH Teachers, Administrators, and Coaches (including Jerry Clay) feel a special tie to Pope County, because we received our college degrees from the Harvard of the South, Arkansas Tech University! 

Please don't be fooled by the talk on this blog or in the media, Lake Hamilton is definitely not taking this game lightly.  The Cyclones have played well against some formative opponents and now records mean nothing.  We are expecting a very determined Cyclone Team to make the trip to Pearcy.  We wish you a good trip to and from Garland County, but when the Wolves & Cyclones strap on the pads, it will be a hard fought battle to the end.  I can't wait!  This is what Arkansas High School Football is all about.

Bigdaddywolf85

To all of our Pope County guest, Lake Hamilton will treat you well.  At least until kickoff and the whistle blows, The Wolves take there football very serious.  My hometown is Atkins and may of LH Teachers, Administrators, and Coaches (including Jerry Clay) feel a special tie to Pope County, because we received our college degrees from the Harvard of the South, Arkansas Tech University! 

Please don't be fooled by the talk on this blog or in the media, Lake Hamilton is definitely not taking this game lightly.  The Cyclones have played well against some formative opponents and now records mean nothing.  We are expecting a very determined Cyclone Team to make the trip to Pearcy.  We wish you a good trip to and from Garland County, but when the Wolves & Cyclones strap on the pads, it will be a hard fought battle to the end.  I can't wait!  This is what Arkansas High School Football is all about.

LH_DAD

Quote from: Bigdaddywolf85 on November 09, 2011, 09:43:55 pm

I am very sure that Russellville will come out fired up and ready to play.  Russellville can certainly win this game if LH comes out flat or has turnover problems.  They have alot of weapons offensively regardless of what Valley says. lol  I fully expect that this game will be close in the first half and think that LH should start to pull away in the second half.   

MONSTER

thebigshot

jerrydg

CRAZY,CRAZY,CRAZY I think your better than what some of the post say but that prediction is CRAZY,CRAZY,CRAZY

I am glad that someone finally posted that you guys could win I was starting to be disappointed. LOL

LH will win this one because they are determined and talented. I do not think it will be a blowout in the first quarter but LH should start pulling away before half.

LH_DAD

Valleysports

jerrydg, you realize bigshot is an El  Dorado fan and has no clue about Russellville?  ::)  There are no Russellville fans on Fearless.

I predict 42-0, because Russellville's coach played high school ball for Lake Hamilton's coach.  Our coach told the boys he'd asked Jerry Clay to take it easy on us, otherwise I'd go 60-0.  Anyone who say's we played some good opponents, close, doesn't realize the desperate situation we are in.  We are coming with pieces of a wrecked team - I'm not kidding in the least bit!   :'( 

jerrydg

No I did not realize where he was from. I do not know everyone on fearless but I have had a few lengthy post with some Eldo fans. But my post and projections were correct against eldo while most eldo fans that were blogging against me had to eat a little crow after LH played them.

As a result we lost touch and it may be a few weeks before they get their voice back LH and Eldo must take care of other business before we can start are discussions again.

jking7

Russellville  may keep it close for the 1st  if that but when the game is in the third it may already be over lake Hamilton is faster sronger and pretty much better at all positions.

Lake Hamilton- 49.  Russellville-14

LH_DAD

Quote from: jerrydg on November 11, 2011, 01:33:54 am
No I did not realize where he was from. I do not know everyone on fearless but I have had a few lengthy post with some Eldo fans. But my post and projections were correct against eldo while most eldo fans that were blogging against me had to eat a little crow after LH played them.

As a result we lost touch and it may be a few weeks before they get their voice back LH and Eldo must take care of other business before we can start are discussions again.
Coach Holt graduated from Hot Springs High and played QB for Coach Clay in Jr. High at Central Jr. High in Hot Springs.  Interesting twist of teacher verus pupil.  Russellville will come out and compete, even with the injuries.  Russellville has weapons on offense and has scored at least 21 in every game.

Lanny

Valleysports

Well I hope it's somewhat fun anyway.  I guess on the positive side a lot of kids that wouldn't have gotten to play are getting their time (two, 1st time tonight).  Only thing I'm struggling with, right this very moment, is weather to go back into the woods for the rest of the day or not.  Haha beautiful day - but I'll be there in LH at about 1800.  See ya at the game LH_Dad. 

Talk of our town though is how many kids have gotten hurt.  Weather you're disappointed or just yakking at the Barber Shop.  Was just told we are down to around 50 players dressed, from near 100 at first of the year.  If it wasn't the top 50 athletes that might not be too bad.  :(

Looking forward to watching the 2011 6A State Champs!  Hope Gate don't see that  ;D   

LH_DAD

Quote from: Valleysports on November 11, 2011, 10:08:06 am
Well I hope it's somewhat fun anyway.  I guess on the positive side a lot of kids that wouldn't have gotten to play are getting their time (two, 1st time tonight).  Only thing I'm struggling with, right this very moment, is weather to go back into the woods for the rest of the day or not.  Haha beautiful day - but I'll be there in LH at about 1800.  See ya at the game LH_Dad. 

Talk of our town though is how many kids have gotten hurt.  Weather you're disappointed or just yakking at the Barber Shop.  Was just told we are down to around 50 players dressed, from near 100 at first of the year.  If it wasn't the top 50 athletes that might not be too bad.  :(

Looking forward to watching the 2011 6A State Champs!  Hope Gate don't see that  ;D
lol Gate sees everything!  See ya at the game my friend.

thebigshot

November 11, 2011, 07:32:26 pm #29 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:10:17 pm by thebigshot
you people can't take jokes to well up there in lake hamilton.  lol

i see lake hamilton looking past russellville though and will struggle with them.

LH_DAD

Quote from: thebigshot on November 11, 2011, 07:32:26 pm
you people can't take jokes to well up there in lake hamilton.  lol

i see lake hamilton looking past russellville though and will struggle with them.
Obviously you don't understand sarcasm.  And it was a 38-0 mercy rule with 8 min. Left in the 3rd Qtr.   

7AFBFAN

LH_DAD

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 11, 2011, 10:38:28 pm
Do points count in the playoffs?
No, just responding to the looking past comment.  I guess did okay.  We won.

7AFBFAN

Exactly. A win is a win in the playoffs. Pretty, ugly, 1 point, 40 points.

Valleysports

Actually I didn't think it was that bad - was expecting worse!  Saw Sophomores doing some good things for Russellville - nice drive down hwy 7 - lots of deer.  I think Lake Hamilton probably got to use some plays they might not use too often, play more players, and prepare for the next game.  A good momentum game, like this, is better than a bye week.

Good Luck to Lake Hamilton - glad we got to give ya'll a warm-up!  :)

gatecrasher

Quote from: Valleysports on November 11, 2011, 10:08:06 am

Boy you are outside yo mind...;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas