• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A east

Started by thegotoguy_bomberman, July 25, 2011, 02:29:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thegotoguy_bomberman

How will it turn out?

MHballboy00

Here it is....

1. West Memphis
2. Jonesboro
3. Jacksonville
4. Mtn. Home
5. Searcy
6. Marion
7. Parkview
8. Hall 

gatecrasher

July 25, 2011, 06:13:52 pm #2 Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:16:38 pm by gatecrasher
It really doesn't matter. It will be another South vs South championship game.
Again.

It would still be that way if WM didn't move up for the playoffs. They have proven that they can't beat anyone in November.

barberkev

Coming from a 6a guy! Lol

gatecrasher

Quote from: barberkev on July 25, 2011, 10:48:54 pm
Coming from a 6a guy! Lol
They couldn't win the 6A title when they were in the 6A playoffs.

barberkev

when was west memphis in the 6a playoffs?

ricepig

Every year of 6A existence, but last year.

gatecrasher

Quote from: barberkev on July 26, 2011, 11:02:07 pm
when was west memphis in the 6a playoffs?
Dude have you been hibernating ?

barberkev

Lol sorry, I had a brain fart! I've been reading up on several different things lately and just lost track for a moment!!

Big Abner

Quote from: MHballboy00 on July 25, 2011, 02:51:40 pm
Here it is....

1. West Memphis
2. Jonesboro
3. Jacksonville
4. Mtn. Home
5. Searcy
6. Marion
7. Parkview
8. Hall
West Memphis

Jonesboro

jacksonville

Marion

Searcy

Parkview

Mt. Home

Hall

fastdrop

Quote from: Big Abner on July 27, 2011, 09:56:54 am
Quote from: MHballboy00 on July 25, 2011, 02:51:40 pm
Here it is....

1. West Memphis
2. Jonesboro
3. Jacksonville
4. Mtn. Home
5. Searcy
6. Marion
7. Parkview
8. Hall
West Memphis

Jonesboro

jacksonville

Marion

Searcy

Parkview

Mt. Home

Hall
Guys ..... WM DOES NOT PLAY IN THE 6A EAST CONFERENCE

7A EAST

West Memphis first
Hall Last

thegotoguy_bomberman

Whos Mt. Home? I only know of a MtN. Home. Mountain.. not Mount. sorry... just a pet peve lol

ricepig

Valleysports

QuoteGuys ..... WM DOES NOT PLAY IN THE 6A EAST CONFERENCE

Yes you do too and you know it!  ;D 
Nothing but 6A East Conference (practicing against 6A East Teams) - until your first / last 7A game.  Conference Champ!  ::)

Cabotfan

Quote from: fastdrop on July 27, 2011, 10:27:31 am

7A EAST

West Memphis first
Hall Last

Not now, but they use to.

Big Abner

Quote from: Cabotfan on July 27, 2011, 01:05:35 pm

7A EAST

West Memphis first
Hall Last

and usually kidcked butt...lol you cabot boys will get some of it sone enough.....

fastdrop

7A EAST

West Memphis first
Hall Last

used to play 5A east, 4A east, and 3A east.

gatecrasher

Quote from: Big Abner on July 27, 2011, 02:36:40 pm

7A EAST

West Memphis first
Hall Last

and usually kidcked butt...lol you cabot boys will get some of it sone enough.....

....and still no championship.

Big Abner

July 27, 2011, 04:50:12 pm #18 Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:51:52 pm by Big Abner
Quote from: gatecrasher on July 27, 2011, 04:18:41 pm

7A EAST

West Memphis first
Hall Last

and usually kidcked butt...lol you cabot boys will get some of it soon enough.....

willing to bet we have played for more state titles than Cabot and Jonesboro and  we just happen to be the vikings of the high schools for now, but that is better than never playing in it.....next year is the year.. get ready...

ricepig

Quote from: Big Abner on July 27, 2011, 04:50:12 pm

7A EAST

West Memphis first
Hall Last

and usually kidcked butt...lol you cabot boys will get some of it soon enough.....

willing to bet we have played for more state titles than Cabot and Jonesboro and  we just happen to be the vikings of the high schools for now, but that is better than never playing in it.....next year is the year.. get ready...

Umm....Jonesboro has won two state titles, how many has Worst Memphis lost?

Big Abner

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2011, 04:58:26 pm

7A EAST

West Memphis first
Hall Last

grandpa get your glasses out and reread the message it said how many have you played in total..nothing abut winning one..lol

LH_DAD

Quote from: Big Abner on July 27, 2011, 05:14:14 pm
Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2011, 04:58:26 pm

7A EAST

West Memphis first
Hall Last

grandpa get your glasses out and reread the message it said how many have you played in total..nothing abut winning one..lol
I think Ricepig was asking how many WM had played in.  His question to you was how many have you lost.  I think it's the same thing in this case isn't it?

ricepig

The question remains, how many has Worst Memphis played in and lost? Surely you didn't take too many pile drivers to the head to answer that? Haha

fastdrop

NO rings but the 2 years we went back to back in 5A was a blast.

6A was a total disappointment and with BA saying wait till next year --- I am not sure what this year will be.

ricepig

So, WM has been to the finals twice? Let's see, Jonesboro has won twice, I guess I'd call that a tie BA. I do realize that J'boro's were years ago, but that wasn't the criteria. I don't know what Cabot has done, they'll have to fight their own battle.

fastdrop

I think they have been to the finals 5 times but I could be wrong. The big one eludes us and Gater I aint talking about the 6A one.  ;D

gatecrasher

Quote from: fastdrop on July 27, 2011, 06:43:35 pm
I think they have been to the finals 5 times but I could be wrong. The big one eludes us and Gater I aint talking about the 6A one.  ;D
Y'all ain't winning any state title until you ditch that Model T offensive scheme and get some balance.

fastdrop

Quote from: gatecrasher on July 27, 2011, 08:14:48 pm
Y'all ain't winning any state title until you ditch that Model T offensive scheme and get some balance.
It is not just that though ... playing 4 to 6 kids both ways just absolutely kills us in the second half against same caliber teams.

Big Abner

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2011, 06:01:32 pm
So, WM has been to the finals twice? Let's see, Jonesboro has won twice, I guess I'd call that a tie BA. I do realize that J'boro's were years ago, but that wasn't the criteria. I don't know what Cabot has done, they'll have to fight their own battle.
since 1982 my senior year we lost to springdale and Greelee 10-7 and have been at least 10 times probably to the state title game...like i said we are the vikings of high school football..lol

Valleysports

Quote from: fastdrop on July 27, 2011, 08:23:59 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on July 27, 2011, 08:14:48 pm
It is not just that though ... playing 4 to 6 kids both ways just absolutely kills us in the second half against same caliber teams.

I understand that fastdrop - our talented class, we have been so excited about for years, just disintegrated.  Broken Elbows, Concussions, ACL's, dropping football for baseball scholarships, it's heart breaking.  We'll have to go both ways as well - QB is also practicing at linebacker.

ricepig

10 times? I'd like to see that in print, not many can claim to be the perennial bridesmaid like that.

Oh, you'll get a dose of reality in week 3. Your scrimmages with the 5A powerhouses of FC and Bly will leave you woefully unprepared for SS.

thegotoguy_bomberman

Hey Rice, how is Joneboro looking this year? I talked to Moe earlier this summer and he expects good things. Lost a lot on defense though. I was just wondering what you think.

ricepig

I haven't had a chance to watch them this summer. It will depend on how hurt Malugen is. I know if they don't have him, they may as well stick Brooks in the Wildcat and try their luck. If Moe is healthy, they'll score a lot of points. The other problem is only 3 starters back on defense, they'll be green and probably pretty ugly the first 3 weeks.

thegotoguy_bomberman

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2011, 10:05:48 pm
I haven't had a chance to watch them this summer. It will depend on how hurt Malugen is. I know if they don't have him, they may as well stick Brooks in the Wildcat and try their luck. If Moe is healthy, they'll score a lot of points. The other problem is only 3 starters back on defense, they'll be green and probably pretty ugly the first 3 weeks.
Ya, I heard about Moe's shoulder, rotater cuff wasnt it?? Are they thinking its pretty serious? Brooks will find a way to score some points no matter what. Ya, I figured their defense would be young this year, but Jonesboro is always tuff.

thegotoguy_bomberman

Anyone know anything about Marion, Jacksonville, Searcy, or Parkview? Ive yet to hear anything about them.

barberkev

This should be marions year. They have 18 returners! Curious to see how things play out for them.

Big Abner

Quote from: barberkev on July 27, 2011, 10:59:22 pm
This should be marions year. They have 18 returners! Curious to see how things play out for them.
barberkev i have been looking for the history of the blue devils since 82 to present to find out how many state title games they have played in I'm at 6 or 7 but can't find the years 85 to 03 any help...i have searched google arkansas360 use to have the teams history going back 20 yrs but can't find it on the site..RicePig is giving me the what for i say they have played for it ten times any help....

thegotoguy_bomberman

Sounds like they should have an up yeaar then. Especially with Franklin in the backfield.

Big Abner

Quote from: thegotoguy_bomberman on July 27, 2011, 11:26:44 pm
Sounds like they should have an up yeaar then. Especially with Franklin in the backfield.
especailly if they learn what the forward pass is...

thegotoguy_bomberman

Quote from: Big Abner on July 27, 2011, 11:28:46 pm
Quote from: thegotoguy_bomberman on July 27, 2011, 11:26:44 pm
especailly if they learn what the forward pass is...
hahaha.. Ya, if they could figure that one out they would be deadly.. Im not sure they know how to make the ball go in the air, or catch it for that matter.

barberkev

Abner- I wouldnt mind knowing where to find that kind of information either!

(Marion) they will be fair, haven't really heard anything big going on in the off-season with the team! Got a feeling it's going to be same story, different page! But wish the best for them!

Big Abner

July 28, 2011, 09:53:42 am #41 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:03:16 pm by Big Abner
 ;D

hoopswatcher

Quote from: Big Abner on July 28, 2011, 09:53:42 am
Quote from: barberkev on July 28, 2011, 09:27:09 am

(Marion) they will be fair, haven't really heard anything big going on in the off-season with the team! Got a feeling it's going to be same story, different page! But wish the best for them!
I actually talked to a Marion coach at the gym last night and will not name him...he was fair in what he said good and bad...but bottom line...he said they need to pass the ball and can't rely on their running game...he said if we would just practice and try to implement the pass play it could really make them tough and not have teams putting 10 in the box on long yard situations...he said they do and have had the talent to throw the ball just the head man in charge want do it...he thinks the head man is a great coach but stubbuorn to change...NOW I KNOW THERE IS ONE PERSON ON HERE THAT WILL PROBABLY COMMENT THAT THEY DON'T HAVE THE TALENT TO THROW OR  HAVEN'T IN THE PAST YEARS..but this coach says that's not true just they wouldn't try or in his words practice it..

No Comment-It will hurt some feelings!!

whosyourdaddy

I actually talked to a Marion coach at the gym last night and will not name him...he was fair in what he said good and bad...but bottom line...he said they need to pass the ball and can't rely on their running game...he said if we would just practice and try to implement the pass play it could really make them tough and not have teams putting 10 in the box on long yard situations...he said they do and have had the talent to throw the ball just the head man in charge want do it...he thinks the head man is a great coach but stubbuorn to change...NOW I KNOW THERE IS ONE PERSON ON HERE THAT WILL PROBABLY COMMENT THAT THEY DON'T HAVE THE TALENT TO THROW OR  HAVEN'T IN THE PAST YEARS..but this coach says that's not true just they wouldn't try or in his words practice it..

FUNNY!! All the coaches except the head coach worked out in the fieldhouse last night with a couple of us. As we do every night after players leave. I guess one of them got in an extra after 9 pm workout!!

Big Abner

July 28, 2011, 10:43:34 am #44 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:47:53 pm by Big Abner
Quote from: whosyourdaddy on July 28, 2011, 10:28:58 am

Big Abner

July 28, 2011, 10:45:46 am #45 Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:49:48 pm by Big Abner

fastdrop

Quote from: whosyourdaddy on July 28, 2011, 10:28:58 am

FUNNY!! All the coaches except the head coach worked out in the fieldhouse last night with a couple of us. As we do every night after players leave. I guess one of them got in an extra after 9 pm workout!!
It was the basketball coach

thegotoguy_bomberman

Fastdrop is smart. So, I'm getting mixed signals.. Are they good, or just another Maeion team?

barberkev

Bomberman Ill put it to you his way, they have an opportunity to do something this year if they take advantage of what they have!

Abner- that's all I've ever said!! Lol

thegotoguy_bomberman

Thanks barberkev! Idk about you guys, but I'm pretty excited for the season to begin.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas