• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for Rice Pig or the rest of the NEA crew

Started by DAWGGONE, July 12, 2011, 02:10:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DAWGGONE

Whats the story with all the NEA teams scrimmaging 11 on 11 in everything but pants - Heard that the Hurricanes were beating up all the other small 4 A schools the other night - Is this the NE version of 7 on 7 - Hurricanes better be ready week three to take another beating from the Purple Dogs - illegal scrimmages wont help it will be worse than last year.

ricepig

Get your facts straight, some of those schools are 5A, I think there may be some 3A, haha. I don't have one playing this year, but anytime you have at least 3 teams together, you can go 11 on 11 without pants. Most wear their girdle, so it's everything but knee pads. It's all legal, but I don't see the need to risk an injury. Some were complaining about some rough play in 7 on 7? This is the same as team camps, very physical and likely to get someone hurt. I remember watching last summer a very spirited GCT coach wanting his defense to stop JHS on a goal line session, lucky no one got hurt. The rules are to tackle above the waist and hold up the ball carriers, doesn't always happen.

As far as the purple pups, it will be closer this year, but I would imagine numbers will win out.

Big Abner

Quote from: ricepig on July 12, 2011, 02:32:42 pm
Get your facts straight, some of those schools are 5A, I think there may be some 3A, haha. I don't have one playing this year, but anytime you have at least 3 teams together, you can go 11 on 11 without pants. Most wear their girdle, so it's everything but knee pads. It's all legal, but I don't see the need to risk an injury. Some were complaining about some rough play in 7 on 7? This is the same as team camps, very physical and likely to get someone hurt. I remember watching last summer a very spirited GCT coach wanting his defense to stop JHS on a goal line session, lucky no one got hurt. The rules are to tackle above the waist and hold up the ball carriers, doesn't always happen.

As far as the purple pups, it will be closer this year, but I would imagine numbers will win out.
we are going to a 11 on 11 at Carlisle thursday...just like you said ricepig..shorts and shoudler pads..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas